Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Roy the Right Man for Liverpool FC? (added 9 September 2010)

Yes
      (7.3%)
      No
      (80.2%)
      Undecided
      (12.5%)

Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)

Read 511210 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)
      Reply #6992: Dec 12, 2010 09:04:57 pm
      F**k me are the odds that high on him being sacked that is extremely worrying
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #6993: Dec 12, 2010 09:05:32 pm
      Well I'm stuck on undecided from a few months back, and it wont let me change to no.

Don't worry I've found not one, but two!!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,617 posts | 7143 
      Reply #6994: Dec 12, 2010 09:10:13 pm
      7000 or 70000 posts he is still a w**ker.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6995: Dec 12, 2010 09:38:17 pm
      http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jQCkvgjN_E8tKp-KmJkL5neEavSQ?docId=N0088841292058272826A

This Press Association article slipped under the radar just before the Newcastle game.

The man (?) is totally delusional and making excuses before every game for his sh*te performances.

Everyone has a sh*te away record...just like you Roy eh?. There are only eight teams above us.

Hodgson still seeking improvement

(UKPA) – 1 day ago

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson believes his improved  :lmao: side have still not reached their peak and wants consistent performances at a higher level to achieve their top-four ambition.

The Reds have comfortably swept aside strugglers West Ham and Aston Villa in successive home games and are now just seven points behind fourth placed Manchester City. Hodgson expects his players to, at the very least, maintain their current level but still wants an improvement - particularly away from home.

"My message to them is what you have got to be doing for the next 22 games - we need 22 more like the last three," he said.

"Less than that we will let ourselves down and if we can do a little bit more still, which I think we can, then I shall be happy.

"There aren't many teams in the league who have a very good away record.  :lmao:
      Home records seem to be the order of the day.  :lmao:
      The only way to put a poor record behind you is to get the results and maybe we need a bit of luck. :lmao:

"At the moment we are near the top of a middle group  (?!) but there are still five or six teams way above us - even Tottenham are six points above us.

"Six points doesn't sound a lot but in this league at the end of the season six points is going to separate an enormous amount of clubs so I still do think we have got an awful lot to do.

I'm not trying to dampen enthusiasm or expectations, I'm just trying to be realistic." :lmao:

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #6996: Dec 12, 2010 10:00:05 pm
      He is 20/1 to be sacked thats not good for us but it is good for him.

Really? I saw odds earlier today that he was evens to not be there at the end of the season.

Are you sure that's not the 'next' Premier League manager to be sacked.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #6997: Dec 12, 2010 10:02:45 pm
      But that's just it. Under Rafa we WERE in the same position we are now. Our away form WAS terible, we WERE inconsistent, we DIDN'T get anywhere near the top four. Now it was only fair that Rafa was given the whole season to sort it out (as it happens he didn't but at least he had a good go at it), and in my opinion it's only fair Roy gets a full season to improve things.

Different site same broken record i see Big Micheal ;)
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #6998: Dec 12, 2010 10:27:18 pm
      Personally, I don't believe Roy is the right man. At the start I was curious and also a tad worried. Rafa last season was majorly let down by players who just weren't performing and as the season grew they played well at home and then abysmal away. He was also kicked in the balls with injuries to key players in key stages. I did believe we needed a fresh start and Roy had an easy pre-season with simple and good competitive games to start.

Then the start of the season was horrible. Roy didn't change a thing and we lost to Northampton and Blackpool in the space of a month. This is not Liverpool! Ownership problems didn't help the boys though. I for one am delighted with NESV taking over. That's for another topic though.  :f_tongueincheek:

New owners, a new dawn? Oh hell no, instead we get spanked by the blueshite.  :f_wah: From then on though we scraped past Bolton, in a game we shouldn't have one and then improved our home form against poor opposition and a 'broken' Chelsea. Straight away the British media jump on the revival train and we are in with a shot of 4th again. Well they are wrong!

Yesterday was painful to watch, absolutely disgusting to watch a Liverpool team lose without any bite. I will never take an excuse for a loss being a different patch of grass. It's total bollocks at the end of the day it's 11 men v 11 men and whoever wants it the most will win. SIMPLE!  ;D Carroll's goal summed it up really, instead of fighting for a equalizer we are in our own half giving them time on the ball while our coach itches his face. Pathetic!

Saying that we are not in crisis, I still believe that untold damage done by H&G is still hurting and some players are just not arsed to fight for a win anymore. I do believe next summer is when NESV will install their man they have been fed information from football people. Boas of Porto FC is my first choice. He has worked with the best,. Knows what it takes to win a Premier League when he was with Jose in Chelsea, knows how to succeed in Europe and most importantly knows how to attack.

Recently I had a terrible case of the man flu and looked at Porto this season and they were so clinical and classy with the ball. When they didn't have the ball they pressed like Barca, this is what excited me the most. For now, Roy has to go while he can still can, NESV will ruin him otherwise. West Ham will need a manager soon too  :P Kenny is more than capable to step in and instill 'the fire into their bellies'  :laugh: Leaving a stable team for Boas to come into next year.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #6999: Dec 12, 2010 10:36:12 pm
      I can understand people saying that the owners will install someone in the summer.  However, what I will say is this.  It effectively renders this season as a waste, whereas bringing in a new man now would mean he would have January and the Summer to get players in, plus the club would hit the ground running at the start of the next season.

The argument goes that not many managers are available mid season.  True.

But we're no ordinary club.  We're the most successful club in the country and quality managers would leave their jobs to come to us.  Don't anybody kid you about that.

I would much rather we positioned ourselves NOW for a better season next year than waiting till July, watching good players go and having to wait another 18 months for a decent start to a season.

Let's not stick with the wrong man just for timing.  There are huge long term benefits of making a change now IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #7000: Dec 12, 2010 10:45:44 pm
      So this rumour, is this the one where supposedly Torres and Reina have said to one of the directors "It's him or us?"
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #7001: Dec 12, 2010 10:53:05 pm
      399 for 'No' now...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #7002: Dec 12, 2010 10:54:27 pm
      I think someone should call the police - there are 44 lunatics on the loose.  Or WUM's.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #7003: Dec 12, 2010 10:56:37 pm
      I think someone should call the police - there are 44 lunatics on the loose.  Or WUM's.

Or Roy has 44 email accounts...
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #7004: Dec 12, 2010 10:58:43 pm
      I get the impression that the name Liverpool FC strikes less fear (if any at all)  into the hearts and minds of other teams now than at any time since the days of Shanks. Once upon a time, when teams had to play against us, they knew that they were in for a tough time and would be very fortunate to get anything out of the game.

Even though we haven't won the league title for 20 years, I still felt every other team still feared us, to some degree at least and rightly so. The name still meant something. Now I get the distinct feeling the opposition sees us as a probable 3 points they should get and are disappointed if they don't, even bottom of the table clubs think they have a reasonable chance of getting something out of the game. This change has only occurred since roy took over and is totally unacceptable. We must get rid of this buffoon ASAP if we are going have any chance of salvaging the great name of our club.

The longer he stays, the more difficult it is going to be to repair the damage, as our best players will leave and it will be even harder to get and attract top players to the club. I mean, what world class player or manager will want to come to a club that is full of mediocre players, stuck in a position where they are doing no better than mid to bottom table and quite frankly (and it really hurts to say this) are known as a has-been club. This is exactly where roy is taking the us and he is taking us there pretty quick.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #7005: Dec 12, 2010 11:03:03 pm
      I get the impression that the name Liverpool FC strikes less fear (if any at all)  into the hearts and minds of other teams now than at any time since the days of Shanks. Once upon a time, when teams had to play against us, they knew that they were in for a tough time and would be very fortunate to get anything out of the game.

For all the sh*t the fella in your avatar got, just remember the nights watching Juve, Chelsea x2, Real Madrid just crumble once the Kop got started and the team tore into them. Remember John Terry crying his little heart out in 2005, the shocked look on Casillas' face at the end of the 4-0.

That will never happen under Roy!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #7006: Dec 12, 2010 11:10:53 pm
      For all the sh*t the fella in your avatar got, just remember the nights watching Juve, Chelsea x2, Real Madrid just crumble once the Kop got started and the team tore into them. Remember John Terry crying his little heart out in 2005, the shocked look on Casillas' face at the end of the 4-0.

Totally agree mate. The sh*t Rafa got was so undeserved, he gave us so much pride so many times. Something roy will never do.
      Smigger
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #7007: Dec 12, 2010 11:22:02 pm

Of course it wont, Northampton foremiddable opponents !!!!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #7008: Dec 12, 2010 11:26:22 pm
      Time for us to focus on getting rid of this incompetent tw*t.I and many others.frequently refer to our glorious past,where we observed a restrained behaviour as fans.The last lot of Twanks changed that.We now have to defend our club foremost.The Manager and players,have become dispensible.No-one is secure,if you don't want it,then to quote a legend,Do one.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #7009: Dec 12, 2010 11:27:26 pm
      Of course it wont, Northampton foremiddable opponents !!!!

HA HA HA HA HA

You've forgotten that famous night in Trabzon already!!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #7010: Dec 13, 2010 12:05:30 am

HA HA HA HA HA

You've forgotten that famous night in Trabzon already!!
      Sad.We are Liverpool Football Club.Time for us all,to re-energise our efforts.They challenge,we respond.A call to arms Brothers around the world,we now embark on another Jehad.This time the Manager,is the prime target,but the Owners,will be targetted as well.They have no current credability,so they need to be investigated.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7011: Dec 13, 2010 12:08:47 am
      Why don't you put a bet on him going?  I'll start paying a little more attention when the bookmakers start closing their books on it.

I've put a fiver on it fella :) I'm usually not one to revel in somebodies misery, especially not our own, but F**k it, @ 20/1 it is worth a pop and I want him sacked so...

Only Avram Grant can stop me surely? Gone with Victor Chandler.

# Avram Grant – Evens
      # Mick McCarthy – 3/1
      # Carlo Ancelotti – 5/1
      # Roberto Martinez – 11/1
      # Gerard Houllier – 12/1
      # Robeto Mancini – 14/1

They are still lower odds than Hodgson.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7012: Dec 13, 2010 12:16:04 am
      I can understand people saying that the owners will install someone in the summer.  However, what I will say is this.  It effectively renders this season as a waste, whereas bringing in a new man now would mean he would have January and the Summer to get players in, plus the club would hit the ground running at the start of the next season.

This.

If Roy stays in charge till the end of the season, there's no telling what might happen to our big name players. But if a more ambitious and capable manager takes over soonish and brings us on a run worthy of great heights, there's a possibility that our players are going to reconsider their futures again if they already had or planning to leave if things to get better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,307 posts | 4949 
      Reply #7013: Dec 13, 2010 12:27:24 am
      I can understand people saying that the owners will install someone in the summer.  However, what I will say is this.  It effectively renders this season as a waste, whereas bringing in a new man now would mean he would have January and the Summer to get players in, plus the club would hit the ground running at the start of the next season.

The argument goes that not many managers are available mid season.  True.

But we're no ordinary club.  We're the most successful club in the country and quality managers would leave their jobs to come to us.  Don't anybody kid you about that.

I would much rather we positioned ourselves NOW for a better season next year than waiting till July, watching good players go and having to wait another 18 months for a decent start to a season.

Let's not stick with the wrong man just for timing.  There are huge long term benefits of making a change now IMO.

Totally agree with this and have been saying the same fior a while.

I don't see the point in waiting to the summer. Get the new man in now so he can have the rest of the season and the two transfer windows to get ready for next year and also I really belive a quality manager could get us at least a top four finish in what has been a poor season in the league.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #7014: Dec 13, 2010 01:15:37 am
      Exactly what I said.  

It only makes sense that if it was the managers fault last season it's his fault this season.

Firstly, sorry for the delay in responding to this post. (was out last night an haven't had the laptop on for most of today)

But yes, it is the manager's fault now as it was last year. Same way the players have to take their share of the blame this season, as they did last year. But if the manager won't change the players doing wrong, then he's not doing his job properly.

Or if not a 'Liverpool man', a manager who shares that ideal, eh? Not Hodgson, I would suggest. I guess it comes down to how long "we" are prepared to persist with a manager who clearly doesn't fit the bill and therein lies the rub. ...

Probably not Hodgson, despite what he said in his opening press conference of returning to the old days of pass and move. I think it's clear though, some weren't prepared to persist for one day with Hodgson as manager let alone a couple of months. He took over a club in turmoil with a very average squad and with a fair few fans (rightly or wrongly) unwilling to give him a chance, he has always been fighting a losing battle. And the way he's gone about it probably isn't the right way though he can't go for a sh*t without some fans saying he shits the wrong way.

Lets be honest, the fella can't win with some. It's simple as that.

Like I stated earlier not one poster will fully commit to Hodgson being the right man so. ...

If we all already know Hodgson's not the right man: a) At what point do "we" all finally admit it and cut our losses? and  b) Why prolong the agony anyhow?
      >:D

On the surface, most have admitted it - some quite proudly and wanting taps on the heads if truth be told. "I said this from day one" blah blah blah. And I doubt it'll get to a stage to where those people, half heartedly backing him, admit to him not being the right man, that's why nobody fully backs him. They don't have to admit to being wrong that way. Cunning bas**rds some people ;)

Now, why prolong the agony? In fairness, what manager are we gonna get at this moment in time? I don't know whose available at the moment. Half way through a season, most top managers (which we're supposedly meant to be going for) are at top clubs. The state this club is in at the moment, most wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and the only thing we've really got going for us now is our name. The chance to manage football's biggest club may be enough to convince somebody but the position that club finds itself in - out of Europe's premier competition, a squad brimming with average players, prospects of winning the League slipping further and further away, a new stadium no closer to being built than it was 10 years ago, a fan base becoming more demanding of instant success. That may not be too attractive to many top class managers.

So if we stop prolonging the agony of Roy Hodgson's tenure at Liverpool Football Club, what top manager (with all the on going problems at the club) is gonna wanna manage us? Another reason, in my book, for us to go for a Liverpool man. Somebody with affinity for the club would be more prepared to take on the challenge than an outsider.

Quick Reply