Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36496 times
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)
      Reply #92: Jul 20, 2007 09:40:13 am
      the time has past where he can buy himself out but i'm glad hopefully we'll go and sign chiellini.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #93: Jul 20, 2007 12:53:30 pm
      the time has past where he can buy himself out but I'm glad hopefully we'll go and sign chiellini.

what have you seen of this italian to make such a bold statement, the reason he wants to leave juve is that he is not in their first team plans next season, dont sound great to me !

heinze prem proven tough and quality will really allow the winger to get forward and attack !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #94: Jul 20, 2007 01:35:24 pm
      Well, if Fergal Sharky thinks he stopping Heinze from leaving the manc scum to come to us, he'll have a nice little trip to court......

Gabriel Heinze: See you in court, Fergie
      Jul 20 2007 by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

GABRIEL HEINZE will take his battle to join Liverpool from Manchester United to court.

Sir Alex Ferguson stated yesterday there was no way he would sell the 29-year-old to Liverpool.

However, United will have no choice if Heinze has a get-out clause, and now the defender is preparing to begin legal proceedings demanding his sale.

It’s been widely publicised in recent days Heinze has a letter signed by United chief executive David Gill allowing him to join any club which bids £6m – a valuation Liverpool are prepared to meet.

Despite their protests, it’s understood United did not have the foresight to add the phrase ‘except for Liverpool’ in this document.

Heinze’s representatives are confident of a swift court hearing forcing United to accept a £6m offer made by all interested clubs, including Liverpool.

The Anfield club made a formal bid for the defender which was rejected, but will now take a back seat and watch developments closely over the next few weeks.

Manager Rafa Benitez will want a new left back in his squad before the start of the season.

The capture of Heinze would represent a major coup for Benitez and, given Ferguson’s opposition to the move, would also inflict psychological torment on the United boss.

What’s clear is no matter how much Ferguson claims it won’t happen, the final decision is out of his hands.

Full article

I love the sentance above: Despite their protests, it’s understood United did not have the foresight to add the phrase ‘except for Liverpool’ in this document.

:D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #95: Jul 20, 2007 03:10:44 pm
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #96: Jul 20, 2007 04:16:05 pm
      what have you seen of this italian to make such a bold statement, the reason he wants to leave juve is that he is not in their first team plans next season, dont sound great to me !

heinze prem proven tough and quality will really allow the winger to get forward and attack !
      i've seen him work his arse off for a season and then not be favoured by a new manager,he's also captain of u21's and has made it into Donadoni's full italy sqaud. i like heinze but i think 6 mill is a bit steep for a 29 year old.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #97: Jul 20, 2007 06:53:05 pm
      If he's prepared to take United to court for being nobs then I'm liking him already.

Talk about adding fuel to the rivalry!
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #98: Jul 20, 2007 07:32:14 pm
      Its an oversight on UTD's part that will make our matches against them all the better. With regards to the person who said that heinze can buy himself out of his contract?  Sky sports confirmed earler on in the afternoon show that this can only be done within fiftenn days of the end of the season so cant see that happening.  But hopefully this letter UTD wrote is worded wrongly and we can nab him. I think he'd be class.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #99: Jul 20, 2007 09:34:33 pm
      Bloody manc idiots and their transfer woes boo hoo

Just send him over and we'll clean all the excrement from him before he steps trough our doors.

Andy
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #100: Jul 21, 2007 07:50:59 pm
      Fergies talks such boll@cks

Manure can't stop him from moving to another club.

It would be a breach of his employment rights and possible a Human Rights Breach although with Manure not being a Public Authority may not be possible to prosecute them.

I am sure any court with laugh at Manure's attempt to block his move.

You would think taht with the Tevez transfer costing them a small fortune in legal costs they wouldnot entertain another protracted transfer.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #101: Jul 22, 2007 12:09:31 am
      Manure can't stop him from moving to another club.

Too right.

Especially now that Tevez has hired his brief.

riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #102: Jul 22, 2007 08:53:35 am
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

theres a link to an interview with Rick Parry, doesn't say anything we didn't already know but im bored so thought id let you all know.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #103: Jul 23, 2007 08:17:11 am
      Rafael Benitez has publicly confirmed his interest in Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze. 
      Speaking at a press conference in Hong Kong, ahead of Liverpool's first game in the 2007 Barclays Asia Trophy, Benitez revealed the Reds have made an offer for the Argentine international.

This offer was rejected by United but the Anfield boss is not giving up on the deal.

He said: "We made an offer which they rejected. The lawyers are now working on it and so we have to wait. He's a good player."

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #104: Jul 24, 2007 02:23:07 pm
      Love it  8) Stoke the fires before the season starts!  >:D

Heinze won't have to worry about the Manc stigma with him fighting them for the right to leave! Good on him  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #105: Jul 24, 2007 11:48:08 pm
      I want him to come now just so we can make a banner of Fergie's comments:

Fergie: 'There's no way he is joining Liverpool' - as he scores a hat-trick against them. (Or puts in a very good tackle)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #106: Jul 25, 2007 12:08:36 am
      I want him to come now just so we can make a banner of Fergie's comments:

Fergie: 'There's no way he is joining Liverpool' - as he scores a hat-trick against them. (Or puts in a very good tackle)

Or breaks Ronaldos legs.  No seriously though, I think he will be a good addition to the squad.  Riise has never really had much competition for the left back slot.  Time for him to stick his finger out and battle for his place.
      macker
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #107: Jul 25, 2007 07:45:19 am
       coming from a united fan with no axe to grind against (honest got a scouse wife) i think since his injury he has lost pace most wingers past him and also gives a lot of free kicks away most united fans are fifty-fifty on weather he should go but all the same would be hard to watch him play at lpool part of me thinks it is just to get under fergys skin and if you can get a edge that way it has to be worth the money.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #108: Jul 25, 2007 12:23:27 pm
      Too right.

Especially now that Tevez has hired his brief.

OMG If he's hired IronSide he won't have a leg to stand on ::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #109: Jul 25, 2007 02:37:36 pm
      coming from a united fan with no axe to grind against (honest got a scouse wife) i think since his injury he has lost pace most wingers past him and also gives a lot of free kicks away most united fans are fifty-fifty on weather he should go but all the same would be hard to watch him play at lpool part of me thinks it is just to get under fergys skin and if you can get a edge that way it has to be worth the money.

I've got a friend who supports United (well as close to a friend as it allows) and he really doesn't want to lose Heinze. He said he had a dip in form last year but the season before he was United's best player and that when he is at his best nobody could get past him.  I have a feeling that he will still be with United this season.

OMG If he's hired IronSide he won't have a leg to stand on ::)

Jimmy Tarbuck must still be kicking himself he fired you from his writing team. ;)
      rees
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #110: Jul 26, 2007 02:04:27 am
      we will get Heinze trust me i have a feeling he will be swapt for a good player for liverpool
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #111: Jul 26, 2007 09:54:01 am
      Still haven't heard anything from heinze on this, its all coming from his agent. Fecking tell us what you think heinze!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #112: Jul 26, 2007 10:10:43 am
      Still haven't heard anything from heinze on this, its all coming from his agent. Fecking tell us what you think heinze!

Either he's been told to be quiet until the court case materializes or he's playing this game to keep himself in the eye at Utd. Not sure which I think is more likely.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #113: Jul 26, 2007 10:28:28 am
      does anyone know if he's played any pre-season games for united yet?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #114: Jul 26, 2007 10:54:07 am
      does anyone know if he's played any pre-season games for united yet?

No he was involved in the Copa America wasn't he?

Quick Reply