Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Trabzonspor v Liverpool (2nd Leg) Pre-Match Thread

Read 24525 times
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Re: Trabzonspor v Liverpool (2nd Leg) Pre-Match Thread
      Reply #46: Aug 24, 2010 10:08:22 pm
      Ngog isn't even inconsistent he's none existant and part of me feels he fluked that goal against Arsenal
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #47: Aug 24, 2010 10:13:09 pm
      Ngog isn't even inconsistent he's none existant and part of me feels he fluked that goal against Arsenal

and the 3,5 against Rabotnecki?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #48: Aug 24, 2010 10:16:55 pm

He's our top scorer this season, so whatever you think, he is doing something right with the few opportunities he's getting.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #49: Aug 24, 2010 10:17:10 pm

That was one hell of a fluke then....
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #50: Aug 24, 2010 10:20:51 pm
      Think we're taking a gamble if we play all our "best" players on Thursday (taking into account how "they" performanced against Citeh) - keep some on the bench and use if needed.  We must win the PL match at the weekend otherwise, 3 games and we're in some sort of horror story, way too close to that dreaded line that separates those up for relegation.  Bad enough not to be anywhere near the Top 4, let alone 4th from bottom.

Hopefully, the boys will perform to win comfortably. Roy will have given them an earful and it wont be easy picking up and reading today's papers.  They'll be  playing for pride (hopefully).
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 24, 2010 10:21:07 pm

Arr Rabotnecki, the kings of Europe!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #52: Aug 24, 2010 10:28:12 pm
      Arr Rabotnecki, the kings of Europe!

whatever dude
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #53: Aug 24, 2010 10:29:04 pm
      Just getting last nights game out of my system. Let's go out and show we can actually play football and get the result needed to get into the proper stages of the Europa League.

I'd like to see

Reina

Kelly                Carra                            Agger               Aurelio

Poulsen

Gerrard                          Cole

Maxi                                                                  Pacheco

Torres
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #54: Aug 24, 2010 10:33:33 pm
      Just getting last nights game out of my system. Let's go out and show we can actually play football and get the result needed to get into the proper stages of the Europa League.

I'd like to see

Reina

Kelly                Carra                            Agger               Aurelio

Poulsen

Torres
      changed my mind defo that team but javanovic on the left
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #55: Aug 24, 2010 10:35:05 pm

I'd like to see

Reina

Poulsen

Torres

Yeah I like this formation mate. Its like a 4-3-3. Its a formation I was touting a few weeks ago. Would love to see Pacheco getting some game time as well as Maxi and Kelly. Would like to see Shelvey as well!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #56: Aug 24, 2010 10:35:45 pm
      I think we will see a number of changes, after last night performance there are a few players who need to sit on the bench for not showing up. Also I would leave Torres on the bench as we don't want to rush him back after playing 70 minutes Monday. I think the key to the game is the away goal, we get one early I think we have the match ours.

----------------Pepe-----------------
      Kelly-------Carra----Sortsis------Agger
      ----------Poulson--Gerrard-----------
      Maxi-----------Cole-------------Aurelio
      ---------------Ngog------------------

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt, Jovanovic, Babel, Torres
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #57: Aug 24, 2010 11:01:33 pm
      No way, for me Ngog is already ahead of babel in terms of ability as a striker. Ngog has proven that he has decent hold up ability, whereas Babel can only run in a straight line and lose the ball. For me Ngog is alot more versatile and knows what position he is., my only problem with him is how wasteful he is, fortunately he gets chances galore provided on a plate by the likes of Gerrard and Cole.
      Where as nGog dont run in any lines trips over himself most the time and still loses the ball  ,I hope the lad comes good but at the moment he aint cutting it and dont say about the one with the ARSE what about the hat trick he didn,t score in the game before i think it was.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #58: Aug 24, 2010 11:07:50 pm
      Thankyou!
      Someone who shares my opinion of Ngog!

When has anyone ever seen Ngog skin a defender & take the ball through him??
      Ngog gets the ball, unless he is in acres of space- he will lose it.

I would rather see Babel upfront, at least he makes an effort.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #59: Aug 24, 2010 11:12:33 pm
      Bravo.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #60: Aug 24, 2010 11:16:21 pm
      I think we will see a number of changes, after last night performance there are a few players who need to sit on the bench for not showing up. Also I would leave Torres on the bench as we don't want to rush him back after playing 70 minutes Monday. I think the key to the game is the away goal, we get one early I think we have the match ours.

----------------Pepe-----------------
      Kelly-------Carra----Sortsis------Agger
      ----------Poulson--Gerrard-----------
      Maxi-----------Cole-------------Aurelio
      ---------------Ngog------------------

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt, Jovanovic, Babel, Torres

If Aurelio is fit I would play him at LB. Agger is a centre half and he got the back ripped out of him last night. Granted they might not have an Adam Johnson but Fabio is a LB and if he is fit Id play him. He needs the games! Id play Pacheco on the left or Babel.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #61: Aug 24, 2010 11:17:17 pm
      Against who??!

Come on, against a decent team- Ngog gets embarrased everytime.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #62: Aug 24, 2010 11:17:44 pm
      Thankyou!
      Someone who shares my opinion of Ngog!

When has anyone ever seen Ngog skin a defender & take the ball through him??
      Ngog gets the ball, unless he is in acres of space- he will lose it.

I'm gonna defend Davie boy here and say at least I have never seen N'Gog run with the ball and manage somehow to run ahead of the ball while supposedly in control.

Simple maths though N'Gog cost £1.5 million, so what are you expecting, the next Thierry Henry or something, whereas Rio, sorry, Ryan "Twitter" Babel cost £11 million and has looked nowhere near it. For every good game there will be about two or three bad games.

Christ, I remember some people comparing him to John Barnes!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #63: Aug 24, 2010 11:20:41 pm
      N'Gog is a much better option than Babel up front.

Everytime Babel plays in his so called best position he looks totally lost and before he scored last week he done f**k all.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #64: Aug 24, 2010 11:21:28 pm
      Do you think he has had a decent enough run compared to other players ,i will agree that on times effort has been lacking but perhaps look at the reason ,even under Rafa , comes on scores a goal gets taken off dosen,t get another start for just say 3 games , while he is sitting there watching others play just as bad but playing week in week out ,what kind of message does that send out ,i know one thing for sure at least once in a game he will go around someone with a bit of skill or trickery ,at the moment Ngog don,t have that in his locker ,if you think he can do that please show me when he did it .
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #65: Aug 24, 2010 11:21:47 pm
      I'm gonna defend Davie boy here and say at least I have never seen N'Gog run with the ball and manage somehow to run ahead of the ball while supposedly in control.

Simple maths though N'Gog cost £1.5 million, so what are you expecting, the next Thierry Henry or something, whereas Rio, sorry, Ryan "Twitter" Babel cost £11 million and has looked nowhere near it. For every good game there will be about two or three bad games.

Christ, I remember some people comparing him to John Barnes!!

I remember when we beat Derby 6-0 at Anfield. Babel played right side and was superb. People were comparing him to Barnes then. He has gone backwards as a player since we signed him. Remember him in that U21 tourny and he looked a hell of a prospect!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #66: Aug 24, 2010 11:22:09 pm
      Im not sure i will ever be a fan of Ngog,

My heart sinks when i see him on the team sheet, let alone when i see him trip over his own feet, or a defender effortlessly taking the ball from him, with no attempt from Ngog to get it back.

I wont go mad comparing him to Babel- because i would rather they both got sold- but they are who we have at the moment, and i would rather see Babel.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #67: Aug 24, 2010 11:59:13 pm
      Where as nGog dont run in any lines trips over himself most the time and still loses the ball  ,I hope the lad comes good but at the moment he aint cutting it and dont say about the one with the ARSE what about the hat trick he didn,t score in the game before i think it was.

Nice one, in your haste to argue back you've missed the fact that I've agreed with you in that he's wasteful with his chances.

We are talking about the same Babel here right? Quite possibly the worlds laziest player, who would prefer to sit on the bench and tweet on his mobile?
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 25, 2010 12:20:27 am
      I thought Babel had preety much no help from his Midfeilders in that game though. I think Babel has looked hungry this year we just need to get him into the games imo.

Quick Reply