Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The summer clearout thread - Who should be shown the door?

Read 10158 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: The summer clearout thread - Who should be shown the door?
      Reply #115: Apr 04, 2013 04:29:03 am
      As far as I can remember he only said that in his last season here, because someone was off all over twitter saying he was leaving in the transfer window, he came out with a statement saying he was leaving at the end of his contract, which was at the end of the season.

He never uttered those words when Rafa first brought him here.

It is believed that new manager Brendan Rodgers was desperate for the ex-Atletico Madrid winger to stay at the club, but the temptation of returning to Newell's Old Boys and working under club legend Gerardo 'Tata' Martino was too much.

Martino was voted the club's greatest ever player in a recent fans' poll and it is no surprise that Rodriguez was dying to work closely with the former Paraguay manager at the Estadio Marcelo Bielsa - named after another club hero.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-maxi-rodriguez---1142612

Maxi has left Liverpool and signed with former club Newell's Old Boys. Maxi joined Liverpool back in 2010, but stated that he would like to finish his career with the club where it all started for him. He was with Newell's Old Boys from 1999-2002 before making the jump to Europe.

http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/Article.aspx?id=2878

Brendan Rodgers will make one final plea to persuade Maxi Rodriguez to stay at Liverpool as the influential midfielder considers a return to Argentina.
      Newell's Old Boys want to sign Rodriguez and believe they are close to completing a deal to bring him back to the club where he began his career but Liverpool boss Rodgers will not give up the fight.
      Rodriguez only featured sporadically for Liverpool last season but, when he did figure, he tended to make a difference and scored six goals in 21 appearances.

Rodgers believes the former Atletico Madrid star, 31, would flourish in the system he wants to implement and is hoping to convince Rodriguez to honour the final 12 months of his contract.
      ‘I would love to have him here as he is a very good player and would be very good for our squad – he will understand 120 per cent about the way I want us to play,’ said Rodgers, who hopes to conclude a deal for Roma’s Fabio Borini in the next 48 hours.
      ‘But sometimes there are issues that surround that; that is what I am speaking to him about. It has been difficult for his family (to settle).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172795/Brendan-Rodgers-wants-Maxi-Rodriguez-stay-Liverpool.html#ixzz2PSguGlDQ
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

On the other hand all of this just might of been a conspiracy contrived by FSG and BR to force him out  :confused-smiley-013:
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #116: Apr 04, 2013 04:59:05 am
      Never in a million years would we get £13m for Allen, we'll be lucky to get £13m for Skrtel even though I don't want us to sell him, Wanyama will cost more than £4.4m and Dede will cost more than £6.6m.

Exactly. i don't think anyone will pay over 4m for Allen. And BR won't be selling him for sure.

" Form is temporary, but Allen's place in team is permanent " : Brenden Rodgers.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #117: Apr 04, 2013 05:33:09 am
      Love the way we get behind our players especially the ones that played injured 3/4 of the season....YNWA my ass.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #118: Apr 04, 2013 07:43:26 am
       It's no jumping to conclusions on what players will be in or out,you only have to look at past transfer boards to realise that the average fan  has no idea who we will buy or sell.My only hope is that the club has learned that it is futile to leave transfers to the last day of a window and have to pay through the nose for a player/s. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #119: Apr 04, 2013 07:50:48 am
      Out -

Carroll
      Assaidi
      Coates
      Spearing
      Carragher
      Skrtel

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #120: Apr 04, 2013 08:24:48 am
      Out -

Carroll
      Assaidi
      Coates
      Spearing
      Carragher
      Skrtel

That is a bit hard including Carragher in a clear out and shown the door.The man is retiring after giving us long and faithfull service.Also media speculating that the Boss wants Carroll back as an impact player from the bench,could this be more bullshit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #121: Apr 04, 2013 08:54:34 am
      According to the Daily Mirror Brendan Rodgers is ready to offer Andy Carroll an unlikely Anfield lifeline - but only if he accepts the role of ''impact substitute''. Carroll is on loan of course to West Ham, who could make a permanent move for the player.

Impact substitute ay, sounds a bit contrived could it be a wee bit of the mind games by Brendan? Reportedly he was manical in his belief that Carroll was the odd man out in his plans for LFC - reportedly.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #122: Apr 04, 2013 09:12:06 am
      According to the Daily Mirror Brendan Rodgers is ready to offer Andy Carroll an unlikely Anfield lifeline - but only if he accepts the role of ''impact substitute''. Carroll is on loan of course to West Ham, who could make a permanent move for the player.

Impact substitute ay, sounds a bit contrived could it be a wee bit of the mind games by Brendan? Reportedly he was manical in his belief that Carroll was the odd man out in his plans for LFC - reportedly.

I really hope this story has legs mate. I love Andy Carroll and i for one see why Kenny bought the lad. He's still only just turned 24. The potential is there, we just have to nurture that potential, something Brendan himself has stated he is brilliant at. I'd hate to see him farmed out again on loan and i'd hate to see all that potential wasted at a mediocre Club.

As for the 'impact substitute' quote, harness this monster's abilities and he'll be a lot more than a substitute.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #123: Apr 04, 2013 09:38:47 am
      I really hope this story has legs mate. I love Andy Carroll and i for one see why Kenny bought the lad. He's still only just turned 24. The potential is there, we just have to nurture that potential, something Brendan himself has stated he is brilliant at. I'd hate to see him farmed out again on loan and i'd hate to see all that potential wasted at a mediocre Club.

As for the 'impact substitute' quote, harness this monster's abilities and he'll be a lot more than a substitute.

Many including me and your good self weren't happy about Andy's leaving of Liverpool , it beggars belief that there were comments subsequently made about the lack of a physical presence in our front four, how many games have we lost because there was no one there to counter the bullying tactics used against Luis for instance?

That's apart from the height advantage with the crosses and of course the sizeable wedge we lose in selling a £50m+ signing who is perceived to be not in that price range by way of a dip in performance or whatever. The club's actions would only consolidate that perception and any bargaining advantage evaporates, leading to the lad being literally given away.

I too hope the story has some legs mate because as I typed the above the saga seems F***ing crazier.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #124: Apr 04, 2013 09:42:45 am
      Watched him a few times for West Ham and he's still as infuriating as he was when he was here.  20 yard behind play, not getting into the box when the balls wide, moaning if the ball in to him isn't inch perfect.  If he comes back, I'll give him a chance, but my expectations will be low.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #125: Apr 04, 2013 10:13:44 am
      Don't suppose there's a chance he could play centre half is there?
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #126: Apr 04, 2013 10:39:54 am
      Don't suppose there's a chance he could play centre half is there?
      My sentiments exactly!...why not, he would be immense as a defender while still scoring the same number of goals as he would playing for us & getting more game time instead of the bench as proposed if true!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #127: Apr 04, 2013 11:04:23 am
      Sounds more like an ultimatum to West Ham to me.. were not going to budge from the agreed fee or we'll bring him back.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #128: Apr 04, 2013 11:19:36 am
      Sounds more like an ultimatum to West Ham to me.. were not going to budge from the agreed fee or we'll bring him back.

About time as well Daz, them fuckers are taking the piss. From reports Andy is kicking on for them and the arl arses are still acting soft about getting their hands in their pockets.
      Ultimatum or not mate the ball's in our court, we don't need the sh*t off them cheapskates
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #129: Apr 04, 2013 12:22:01 pm
      Many including me and your good self weren't happy about Andy's leaving of Liverpool , it beggars belief that there were comments subsequently made about the lack of a physical presence in our front four, how many games have we lost because there was no one there to counter the bullying tactics used against Luis for instance?

That's apart from the height advantage with the crosses and of course the sizeable wedge we lose in selling a £50m+ signing who is perceived to be not in that price range by way of a dip in performance or whatever. The club's actions would only consolidate that perception and any bargaining advantage evaporates, leading to the lad being literally given away.

I too hope the story has some legs mate because as I typed the above the saga seems F***ing crazier.

Inferred there that Andy cost £50m+, confusing him with you know who we ripped the Chavs for.
      It was of course £35m, confused the rip offs.

Quick Reply