Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 193354 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Sep 24, 2014 05:25:04 pm
      Don't think anyone is saying he is the "messiah" just that surely he deserves to be given more of a chance than he is getting.

A run out from the bench in a league cup match isn't, in my opinion, a decent chance.

So where should he be given a chance and in front of whom?

League games instead of Coutinho or Henderson?

CL games in front of......???

To me he isn't any better than Coutinho. It's funny how at the end of the season everyone was basically giving Coutinho the keys to the city, talking about how unbelievable he was (me included) and now all of the sudden he has a rough patch and people tossing him out the window. He's going to come good and when he does he's better than Suso...IMO.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1082: Sep 24, 2014 05:26:55 pm

To me he isn't any better than Coutinho. It's funny how at the end of the season everyone was basically giving Coutinho the keys to the city, talking about how unbelievable he was (me included) and now all of the sudden he has a rough patch and people tossing him out the window. He's going to come good and when he does he's better than Suso...IMO.

Not me I thought Cou was distinctly average most of last season in comparison to some of those around him. Don't see why Suso shouldn't be given a chance, every time I've seen him in a red jersey he's impressed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1083: Sep 24, 2014 05:29:18 pm
      Not me I thought Cou was distinctly average most of last season in comparison to some of those around him. Don't see why Suso shouldn't be given a chance, every time I've seen him in a red jersey he's impressed

We watch different games, that's the only plausible reasoning I can come up with.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1084: Sep 24, 2014 05:50:48 pm
      Coutinho was hot and cold last season so no change in him yet in terms of consistency.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #1085: Sep 24, 2014 07:35:29 pm

Cou goes missing in games at times. He is fantastic when he is on, but the worst on the pitch when he is off. Consistency issues.

That being said I thought that Cou was great for us last season in general.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1086: Sep 25, 2014 12:31:51 am
      We watch different games, that's the only plausible reasoning I can come up with.

Maybe average is harsh but 5 goals 7 assists in a side that scored 100+ goals isn't sensational

What is good about Cou is he'll try the difficult stuff and he only has to be slightly off to look sh*t. He's a good player but he needs to pull his socks up
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1087: Sep 25, 2014 01:00:15 am

Wouldl love to see him play Left midfield diamond with Coutinho or Sterling as #10.

Lucas
      Henderson Suso
            Coutinho/Sterling

I really think he's a gem and was always ahead of Sterling in the U21s for me. I just feel he should have been nurtured as a #10, central midfielder or deep lying playmaker instead of a wide player. We were doing it with Teixeira too when it is evidently clear that Suso and Texiera are central players.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1088: Oct 01, 2014 09:56:32 pm
      If players can't get their game on at the moment, this lad seriously needs to be given a chance.

Playing pretty much a 4-5-1 system like we are means we should have control of the midfield - but our players aren't holding on to the ball well enough. I'd like to think Suso would give us an element of control that is sorely lacking in us at the moment.

For a start, the lone striker system isn't working because the link up play between midfield and striker (Balotelli) is piss poor. If we are to start the same formation, then we hope Sturridge comes in and makes the system work, but worryingly, the lack of attacking threat with this formation is worrying.

We need to give two strikers a shot at starting, with or without Sturridge.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1089: Oct 01, 2014 10:21:46 pm
      Needs to be at least on the bench, surely.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #1090: Oct 01, 2014 10:29:05 pm
      Unfortunately this kid will be off in January. Deserves his chance but clearly the manager does not have much faith in him. How Markovic is getting a start is completely baffling.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1091: Oct 01, 2014 11:20:07 pm
      It seems more than likely Suso has signed that so called pre contract with Milan ( can never remember which one!)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1092: Oct 01, 2014 11:21:27 pm
      It seems more than likely Suso has signed that so called pre contract with Milan ( can never remember which one!)

There only is one Milan. ;)
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #1093: Oct 01, 2014 11:27:37 pm
      Unfortunately this kid will be off in January. Deserves his chance but clearly the manager does not have much faith in him. How Markovic is getting a start is completely baffling.

I think he's another player that BR has put on that list of not favored. Agger, Pepe and Suso. If BR doesn't favor a player they might as well just ask to be transferred because almost 98% of the time the player is done at Liverpool. The 2% is Skrtel but who else? How many players are even left that were here when BR took over? Suso played well for Almeria and has shown he has something to add but can't even make the bench. I just don't get it. I haven't always been a fan of Suso like some here but the way we have been playing what would it hurt to give the kid the chance?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1094: Oct 01, 2014 11:40:56 pm

So is it Inter or AC.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1095: Oct 01, 2014 11:46:31 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1096: Oct 02, 2014 12:05:41 am
      Baffled why he can't be given the nod on the bench at least, Milan or no Milan I think he would relish the opportunity if given one, he certainly did a week ago.
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #1097: Oct 02, 2014 12:30:15 am
      I think he will be off in January and for this one I really believe will succeed. In a midfield desperate as today, he must be given a chance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1098: Oct 02, 2014 07:30:33 am
      We have Raheem, Coutinho, Marcovic and Lallana who can all play at the tip of the diamond but none of them can put the ball in the back of the net (well Raheem could but he looks like he's gone offf the boil). The two times this lad has been given a chance this season, he has scored. What the F**k does he have to do to get his shot? Has he fu**ed Brendan's missus or daughter???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1099: Oct 02, 2014 12:03:49 pm
      He's just had groin surgery and will be out for 2 months.
      Back in time to get fit for the January transfer window.
      Well, this season just keeps giving.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1100: Oct 02, 2014 12:37:43 pm
       :roll:

F**k me!

:mad: :mad:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1101: Oct 02, 2014 12:41:49 pm

Pretty much my thoughts mate, he should have been given way more playing time than he has. Can only mean he is surely off in Jan, maybe his attitude is all wrong, I've seen suggestions of such but nothing concrete of course.

Personally thought he had a chance here but was never truly given one.

Get well soon Suso.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1102: Oct 02, 2014 12:50:36 pm
      Gutted for the lad, hope we se him in OUR red again
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1103: Oct 02, 2014 02:38:30 pm
      Feel sorry for him, really rated him as a junior and by all accounts had a good year on loan.
      But Brendan seems to have made up his mind about him.
      Get well soon Suso.

Quick Reply