Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 194272 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Oct 02, 2014 05:55:43 pm
      Absolutely gutted he's injured, thought he'd of been on the bench last night, if fit, this lad can run, he deserves a chance when he comes back fit....get well soon Suso xx
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1105: Oct 02, 2014 06:25:59 pm
      I don't think he would have got many minutes beyond the league anyway so I guess it won't have too much impact on our season
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1106: Oct 02, 2014 09:13:06 pm
      Feel sorry for him, really rated him as a junior and by all accounts had a good year on loan.
      But Brendan seems to have made up his mind about him.
      Get well soon Suso.

So much for Brendan's "man-management" skills eh? I haven't a clue if there was any form of argy-bargy between the two of them behind the scenes but it does seem as though that once your card is marked - you're fu*Ked.

As already said from above, I too thought he had a relatively successful pre-season and thought that he'd be used a lot more or at least be given a fair(er) shot. Coutinho has been woeful so far this season and there's seemingly a pattern emerging with him in the sense that he starts off with great promise only to fade away into obscurity through inconsistency.

If it is true regarding him signing a pre-contract with A.C. then that as far as I can see would be Suso demonstrating his frustration and a big fu*k you very much to Brendan.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1107: Oct 02, 2014 11:07:01 pm
      Arrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #1108: Oct 03, 2014 01:17:39 am
      Get well soon Suso.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1109: Oct 08, 2014 04:33:15 pm
      Apparently off to AC Milan in January or for free in the Summer. Would be a shame if he left, but he doesn't seem to be part of our plans  :-\
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1110: Oct 08, 2014 10:24:47 pm
      Apparently off to AC Milan in January or for free in the Summer.

Source?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1111: Oct 08, 2014 10:28:44 pm
      Liverpool's Spanish outcast Suso 'WILL' leave Anfield for AC Milan within 9-months
      Italian reports claim the young Spaniard is desperate to leave Merseyside with Milan manager Filippo Inzaghi more than happy to accommodate the 20-year-old.

It remains to be seen whether Inzaghi will pay a nominal fee in January to ward-off potential suitors, or risk waiting until the summer sign him as a free agent.

It's no secret that Suso has found it difficult to settle-in at Liverpool since his switch from Spanish minnows Cadiz in 2010.

The winger netted his first goal for Brendan Rodgers' side during their historic 14-13 penalty shoot-out victory over Middlesbrough in the League Cup.

Suso initially enjoyed life at Liverpool, featuring in four Europa League fixtures, and earning 14 Premier League appearances, but a season-long loan with Almeria clearly irked the youngster.

He said: "I will only renew with Liverpool if I’m guaranteed I’ll play regularly. The option is clear if I don’t renew: let me leave."

It appears that the club have opted for the latter option and will be saying goodbye to Suso within nine-months.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/519896/Suso-AC-Milan-Transfer-Liverpool-Anfield-Kop-Anfield-Spain-International-Stars-Latest
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1112: Oct 08, 2014 11:06:29 pm
      His leaving is Inevitable. Did well enough when he was introduced, but oddly enough, never played 2nd half of his debut season. Loaned out to Almeira and did well. Was good in preseason when he played. Sub for the Boro game :S

It's obvious Rodgers' doesn't fancy him. I don't even think Rodgers' had any intentions of giving the lad an opportunity and to nurture him for whatever reason :(

Anyway, good luck to him and I hope he proves the doubters wrong. I genuinely believe he will become a CL quality player with the potential to be world class.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1113: Oct 12, 2014 08:06:19 pm
      His leaving is Inevitable. Did well enough when he was introduced, but oddly enough, never played 2nd half of his debut season. Loaned out to Almeira and did well. Was good in preseason when he played. Sub for the Boro game :S

It's obvious Rodgers' doesn't fancy him. I don't even think Rodgers' had any intentions of giving the lad an opportunity and to nurture him for whatever reason :(

Anyway, good luck to him and I hope he proves the doubters wrong. I genuinely believe he will become a CL quality player with the potential to be world class.

I'd imagine there's a worry now within our reserves in that if Brendan invites you on any of the LFC tours then it's pretty much the death knell to your time here :f_tongueincheek:. Peterson and Suso both had relatively successful tour appearances and have or will be rewarded by being shown the door.

I can't stand all the bullsh*t lamenting Brendan's superior "man-management" skills when it's plainly obvious that if you're not in his plans you get treated like a leper. Personally, I think the way he treated Pepe during the summer was a complete and total fu*king disgrace.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1114: Oct 13, 2014 01:55:47 am
      I'd imagine there's a worry now within our reserves in that if Brendan invites you on any of the LFC tours then it's pretty much the death knell to your time here :f_tongueincheek:. Peterson and Suso both had relatively successful tour appearances and have or will be rewarded by being shown the door.

I can't stand all the bullsh*t lamenting Brendan's superior "man-management" skills when it's plainly obvious that if you're not in his plans you get treated like a leper. Personally, I think the way he treated Pepe during the summer was a complete and total fu*king disgrace.

So, you'd rather he keeps players he doesn't want ???

I personally want the manager to be able to get and keep the players he wants....
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1115: Oct 13, 2014 02:20:19 am
      So, you'd rather he keeps players he doesn't want ???

I personally want the manager to be able to get and keep the players he wants....

Where did I say he should keep them?

I was commenting on his much lauded personnel skills....or lack thereof!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1116: Oct 13, 2014 02:50:29 pm
      The point is that BR shouldn't have to worry about  players he doesn't want. He has done a damn fine job of getting the best out of the likes of hendo, Studge, sterling, and Suarez. None of these players were performing anywhere near the level they reached under BR's tutelage, but he isn't a miracle worker and can't make every player better. He just has to pick the right players and hope he can have a similar level of influence as he has on the aforementioned group.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1117: Oct 13, 2014 03:15:43 pm
      Suso is a decent young player. But he doesn't play with the intensity that Rodgers demands from his team. I don't think he is suited to the PL. He is much more suited to a slower paced league like Seria A. So I don't think there is any point holding on to him and further stifling his career.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1118: Oct 13, 2014 03:33:42 pm
      Suso is a decent young player. But he doesn't play with the intensity that Rodgers demands from his team. I don't think he is suited to the PL. He is much more suited to a slower paced league like Seria A. So I don't think there is any point holding on to him and further stifling his career.

Maybe your right but would be nice to see if he can make it here before he is farmed off.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1119: Oct 13, 2014 06:20:06 pm
      He looked good in the Boro game, was rewarded with a place on the bench in the derby and there was talk of a new contract. Then he got injured. Not sure why him being out of favour is being discussed when BR was clearly impressed with what he saw.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1120: Oct 13, 2014 08:37:46 pm
      I really wonder why we buy crocks of sh*te like Luis Alberto for £8million yet don't give this guy a chance.

Utterly utterly bizaare.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1121: Oct 14, 2014 08:36:41 am
      I really wonder why we buy crocks of sh*te like Luis Alberto for £8million yet don't give this guy a chance.

Utterly utterly bizaare.

How do you deduce Alberto is a crock of sh*te when he hasn't been given a chance yet either?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1122: Oct 14, 2014 09:46:04 am
      He has done a damn fine job of getting the best out of the likes of hendo, Studge, sterling, and Suarez. None of these players were performing anywhere near the level they reached under BR's tutelage, but he isn't a miracle worker and can't make every player better.
      That "point" always makes me smile Harry.  :lmao:

It's such a tilted and skewed way of looking at things: players play well and perform - it's all down to Brendan but... when players don't play well or perform - it's their fault?  Come off it mate; you're better than that.

This notion that we can praise Brendan for 'getting the best out of players' when they're good but disassociate him from any 'blame', when they're bad or out of form, is very Mourinho(esque) and beneath any Red.

Could it not just be (and I'm only throwing it out there) that the majority of 'form' is really down to the player? That unless the player is good enough, to begin with, they won't make it? That if a player is out of form; it's the player's 'fault' and if he's on fire, it's also his 'fault'?

Listen, Harry, if it helps; I'll even pretend to buy the idea that the good is all down to Brendan if... if you accept that he then becomes responsible for the bad. That if (for e.g.) the forwards, scoring for fun was down to Brendan then the defence/keeper leaking goals, like a sieve is also down to him. Fair enough?  :confused-smiley-013:
      « Last Edit: Oct 14, 2014 09:58:21 am by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1123: Oct 14, 2014 05:11:24 pm
      That "point" always makes me smile Harry.  :lmao:

It's such a tilted and skewed way of looking at things: players play well and perform - it's all down to Brendan but... when players don't play well or perform - it's their fault?  Come off it mate; you're better than that.

This notion that we can praise Brendan for 'getting the best out of players' when they're good but disassociate him from any 'blame', when they're bad or out of form, is very Mourinho(esque) and beneath any Red.

Could it not just be (and I'm only throwing it out there) that the majority of 'form' is really down to the player? That unless the player is good enough, to begin with, they won't make it? That if a player is out of form; it's the player's 'fault' and if he's on fire, it's also his 'fault'?

Listen, Harry, if it helps; I'll even pretend to buy the idea that the good is all down to Brendan if... if you accept that he then becomes responsible for the bad. That if (for e.g.) the forwards, scoring for fun was down to Brendan then the defence/keeper leaking goals, like a sieve is also down to him. Fair enough?  :confused-smiley-013:

I've said on plenty of occasions that the "poor form" shown by our defenders has more to do with Brendan's tactics than them actually being bad at defending. For me, Brendan has to take the blame for our inability to keep clean sheets because his tactics (playing split CBs with a high line, having only 1 sitting midfielder, and deploying attack minded fullbacks) leave us very vulnerable to counter attacks. Also, the small, quick, technically gifted players he prefers tend to be less adept at defending corners and set pieces (our Achilles heel this season). Brendan has to take the blame for this because he chooses the tactics and team selection. However, he also deserves credit for his tactics and management by helping to coax the best out of attack minded players like Hendo, Sterling, Studge, and Suarez (while he was here).
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1124: Oct 14, 2014 05:34:44 pm
      However, he also deserves credit for his tactics and management by helping to coax the best out of attack minded players like Hendo, Sterling, Studge, and Suarez (while he was here).

So... getting back to what you, originally, said and the subject in hand - if Brendan deserves the credit for getting the best out of Suarez (for e.g.); does he then, in your opinion, deserve criticism for failing to get the best out of Suso: yes or no?
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1125: Oct 14, 2014 05:42:23 pm
      So... getting back to what you, originally, said and the subject in hand - if Brendan deserves the credit for getting the best out of Suarez (for e.g.); does he then, in your opinion, deserve criticism for failing to get the best out of Suso: yes or no?

Yes, but only if he rates Suso and deemed him as a player he wanted in his team. If he did/does not rate Suso, then I don't see why he should ever be expected to try to get the best out of a player that he doesn't even want in his team.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1126: Oct 14, 2014 07:24:21 pm
      Yes, but only if he rates Suso and deemed him as a player he wanted in his team.
      Oh. Right. Got you now. I think.

If Brendan rated Suso but couldn't get the best out of him then he deserves criticism however... If he doesn't rate him then he should what: just get rid and offer him to Fulham say?

But how would we ever know, for sure, if Brendan rates a player or not? If he signed him; if he promoted him to the 1st XI; or something else?

Nah... I still reckon that the majority of how an individual performs is down to the skill and ability of that individual. Only in very unique circumstances would I ever blame a manager for the lack of an individual's performance... Similarly tho' - I'm not going to give credit to a manager when an individual performs well. The team, definitely, yes: the individual, no.

Suarez was always going to be great - Suso, maybe not. Brendan can take little credit (or criticism) for either, in my opinion, of course but the fact remains - if you credit him, then you also have to blame him.  ;)

Catch you later buddy. Good luck.

Quick Reply