Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191775 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Jan 11, 2015 10:46:42 pm
      Huh? Why is that exactly he's still a Liverpool player until the Summer he can train at LFC all he likes. Is it his fault the club have no faith in his abilities?

Yep, should still be allowed to train, no question, but I do not want to see him play any matches from here on now.

Will be watching a lot of Milan games next season! Hope he gets a run in the middle. Good luck to him!
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1289: Jan 11, 2015 10:50:47 pm
      Huh? Why is that exactly he's still a Liverpool player until the Summer he can train at LFC all he likes. Is it his fault the club have no faith in his abilities?
      Refused to sign new contract in the summer. I´m guessing here but think its ´cause he wanted to leave for free next summer. Since his arrival from Cadiz, stories have been floating around Melwood of Suso being lazy b***ard in training. Simillar from Almeria. I just think it wouldnt be good for morale of other players having Suso around the first team after signing with Milan.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1290: Jan 11, 2015 11:01:45 pm
      Refused to sign new contract in the summer. I´m guessing here but think its ´cause he wanted to leave for free next summer. Since his arrival from Cadiz, stories have been floating around Melwood of Suso being lazy b***ard in training. Simillar from Almeria. I just think it wouldnt be good for morale of other players having Suso around the first team after signing with Milan.

Refused to sign a new contract on what basis though? Was it lack of first team action? Maybe he will reveal down the line when he has left the club. I haven't heard those stories about his attitude to training but if true then I guess it's a similar situation to Shelvey only we got a few quid for him at least.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1291: Jan 11, 2015 11:20:02 pm
      I'd like to know more about this:

He did hold talks with the club over a new deal last summer but it soon became apparent that an agreement couldn’t be reached.

Wonder what went on that caused talks to break down. Would guess and say it has either to do with wages or playing time.

Can't think of anything else mate and to be honest I'm very disappointed to see him leave in this fashion.

Makes absolutely no sense to me, the lad clearly has a value and clearly has talent. So either we're letting a talent we could have used go, or letting value go for nothing.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1292: Jan 11, 2015 11:36:27 pm
      As far as I'm concerned alongside Sterling, Suso really helped to save Brendan's arse in his first season following that shocking summer (before the committee was brought in) where Borini, Allen and Sahin were signed. Not only did he play well (whilst playing out of position) but he helped to deflect attention away from Brendan's shocking work in the transfer market and he helped to cultivate a positive image for the gaffer as far as fans and the media are concerned as being a manager who was willing to give youth players a chance.

And what was young Suso's reward? The gaffer and co. turned around and spent almost £15M on Alberto and Aspas and shipped Suso out on loan. The reasoning for this was that Suso wouldn't be guaranteed football as there was more "competition" yet the £15M worth of "talent" who effectively led to Suso being shown the door didn't play that much anyway so ultimately wouldn't it have been better (and cheaper) for us to have kept Suso here instead of buying those two jokers? But instead of complaining (like I am) Suso went out on loan at Almeria and he shone. He was easily their best player and helped to keep them up whilst gaining many plaudits in Spain. And what was his reward? Being effectively frozen out (probably because he preferred to stay here and fight for his place rather than go to Porto in the summer) and almost every time you googled the lad's name there was some interview or quote where he spoke about how he wanted to stay here and how he wanted to sign a new contract etc etc.

This is just as bizarre a situation as the Dani Pacheco saga, the difference being that every time Suso was given an opportunity and he was given the ball he ran with it... and then proceeded to play a well weighted pass so why has he been ostracized? Can anyone genuinely, honestly, hand on heart tell me that [Joe Allen (£15M, Fabio Borini (£12M, Nuri Sahin (LOAN), Iago Aspas (£7M), Luis Alberto (£7M), Victor Moses (LOAN), Mario Balotelli (£16M), Rickie Lambert (£4M)] £61M+ worth of players not counting the loan fees plus wages have offered us more than Suso has or played better than Suso did? Granted they don't all play in Suso's position but with a tactical adjustment the place they took on the team sheet or bench could have been taken by Suso. It absolutely boggles the mind.

Its a shame we're letting such a talented player who evidently wants to be here go; And I also think it's a shame he's taking his talents to Italy and Milan. Italy isn't particularly kind to young players either they're proclaimed the next *insert legendary player name here* or they're labelled sh*te. Either way there's no shortage in scrutiny placed on them. If I was advising Suso I would have had him look more towards Portugal and one of the big 3 there. He'd be able to grow at bis own pace whilst getting plenty of football in a country where his kind of talent would be appreciated. Though if I had it my way he wouldn't be leaving in the first place.

You're absolutely spot on with what you  posted mate . The money wasted by Rodgers on dross signings is sickening to say the least . Suso was twice the player of any of that lot you mentioned .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,328 posts | 6381 
      Reply #1293: Jan 15, 2015 03:46:14 pm
      Wow, amazing if true...went and got a medical without the club's permission?? Kind of gives credence to the rumors about his attitude.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01/suso-leave-liverpool-club-unhappy-ac-milan-medical/
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1294: Jan 15, 2015 04:51:23 pm
      Wow, amazing if true...went and got a medical without the club's permission?? Kind of gives credence to the rumors about his attitude.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01/suso-leave-liverpool-club-unhappy-ac-milan-medical/

If this is true, fine him 2 weeks wages. No point him being here after agreeing terms with Milan.
      Bier
      Reply #1295: Jan 15, 2015 04:57:41 pm
      Don't know if he actually would need permission though? He can sign a contract with them, why not have a medical. Not that big a deal really.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1296: Jan 15, 2015 05:28:50 pm
      If this is true, fine him 2 weeks wages. No point him being here after agreeing terms with Milan.

Milan want him now BUT free,  He is still a Liverpool player till end of june, so if they want him now, they can pay,Although I guess we will not pay his wages if he goes now

pity we are losing hjim

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1297: Jan 15, 2015 05:53:21 pm
      Might as well cut our losses and let him go now for free makes no sense holding on to a player we have no intention if using yet still paying his salary until the Summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,253 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1298: Jan 15, 2015 11:02:00 pm
      Don't know if he actually would need permission though? He can sign a contract with them, why not have a medical. Not that big a deal really.

Especially if we don't want him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #1299: Jan 16, 2015 08:34:07 am
      The lad show what to be happened if the club NOT respect to the players. What he allegedly did maybe not right but a few years back the club (especially in BR era) also did many 'disloyal' or 'disrespect' to the players (at least as we see in the media). The like of Reina, Agger, Henderson or Lucas (even Stevie Gerrard) are for example.
      No need to mention our owner who kick our king Kenny in the face in front of thousands of fans and people around the world.
      Respect is two-ways thing imo.
      I'm disappointed to see Suso leave especially for free. His abilities is there and everybody witness that. He's not a world class player but he's still young and it's not end of the world to give him chances to develop and prove himself, but no the club decided he's sh*t and pay money for the like of Luis Alberto etc.
      The most stupid thing is someone say Suso has poor attitude but do people forget BR believe he can handle Balotelli who's the world recognized for his troublesome so why our manager give up too easily on the young Soso.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1300: Jan 16, 2015 04:44:59 pm
      why our manager give up too easily on the young Soso.

I never cared for Soso much

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1301: Jan 17, 2015 09:40:15 am
      On the offal - he is signing for Milan this month (why wait eh) and leaving - no news on a Transfer fee, but I guess there is none.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178280-suso-completes-a-switch-to-ac-milan

Personally, I think he will be the next Pogba (not in player style but as in an English club letting go a player who becomes the absolute business!).

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1302: Jan 17, 2015 09:46:02 am

I think a bit of courtesy wouldn't go astray, sad that he's leaving, just hope he gets to play more.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #1303: Jan 17, 2015 09:48:22 am
      A player like this is let go so easily/cheaply and yet there's players stealing a very rich living still here, I give up!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1304: Jan 17, 2015 10:01:32 am
      Signed on a perminate deal. No fee disclosed yet.

Just don't understand our club at times.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1305: Jan 17, 2015 10:02:15 am
      Gone in january after milan paid a nominal fee according to reports
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-midfielder-suso-makes-8464398

pity he was not given more chances
       On the other hand its good for him , shows how much he wants to play, not like some 'happy' to stay here on the bench  or out of squad and get paid good money

Good Luck Suso, I am pretty sure we will see a lot of him in the italian league

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread: Liverpool > AC Milan
      Reply #1306: Jan 17, 2015 10:54:38 am
      Think this will come back and bite on us on the arse, not very often (if ever) I say it about a youngster who's allowed to leave, but I think Suso will go on to become a cracking little player, much better than those he was allowed to leave for.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1307: Jan 17, 2015 11:08:49 am
      Not arsed

Had he shown enough he would have got more of a chance

Good luck to the lad
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,253 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1308: Jan 17, 2015 11:29:18 am
      Not arsed

Had he shown enough he would have got more of a chance

Good luck to the lad

Agree on that PD but I am arsed that we let him go for nothing.

Typical of our transfer policy.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1309: Jan 17, 2015 11:32:36 am
      Agree on that PD but I am arsed that we let him go for nothing.

Typical of our transfer policy.

If he runs down his contract and shows no sign of re-signing then there isn't much we can do

It's inevitable really
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1310: Jan 17, 2015 11:33:05 am
      Never really had it compared to others. People were upset when Nemeth and Pacheco left. Would anyone have them back now? I think the same will happen with Suso in time. He's joined a sinking ship at Milan, hope he gets a few games and wish the lad well.

Quick Reply