Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Manchester United v Liverpool 19.09.10

Read 25370 times
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool 19.09.10
      Reply #184: Sep 19, 2010 01:01:31 am
      We can take a win at Old Trafford, it's just about how we utilise our attack. Torres, Gerrard and Cole are better then any form of attack they can offer, but we must close down Scholes immediately but he won't have the legs to run the game fully with the intensity. Rooney hasn't scored in a long time so Berbatov is the only worry in strikers. Nani's the biggest worry for me, he's got a great cross, tricks and can score other then that we can win them. Would like to see Meireles play.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #185: Sep 19, 2010 01:12:41 am
      I just can't seem to get into football matters like I could when we weren't getting dragged through ten tones of sh*t every day by the current board.

As long as we get stuck into them and not get too cautious, we'll stand a very good chance of three points. It's all upstairs for us tomorrow. Hope we don't cave in.

I know what you're saying Kenneth, the current situation is unbearable to think about or cope with at times but when its time for the Manc's, i cant help but focus on the game. I still watch highlights of 1-4. ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #186: Sep 19, 2010 01:21:44 am
      Just over 12 hours to go and I'm not buzzing yet, more nervous. I hate these cu*ts, I hate their ground and there F***ing supporters (sorry Keith  ;).

We can tell if we're on in the first few minutes. Let's go out there and harrass these mother fuckers for every second of the match, don't let them get their game going and when we get the ball , ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. Vidic will be crapping in his pants.

For me apart from beating Everton twice, doing the double over these cu*ts matters just as much.

Stand up lads and do us proud.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #187: Sep 19, 2010 02:05:58 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #188: Sep 19, 2010 02:28:59 am
      Just over 12 hours to go and I'm not buzzing yet, more nervous. I hate these cu*ts, I hate their ground and there f**king supporters (sorry Keith  ;).

You might not me mean since your saying sorry ;D Your probably referring to the rest of the Mancs ;D. I'm going tomorrow if any of you lads want to put a name to their faces  :) I hope its a great game anyway. Win or lose i will be back on the forum sometime after the match. I'm only 15 mins from the ground. Ive enjoyed the banter the last couple of days but all that stops after the match. I won't milk it if we pull it off. problem is i know you lot will  ;D However, i'm on a Liverpool forum so fully expect to get the stick if we lose  :D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #189: Sep 19, 2010 02:37:25 am
      You might not me mean since your saying sorry ;D Your probably referring to the rest of the Mancs ;D. I'm going tomorrow if any of you lads want to put a name to their faces  :) I hope its a great game anyway. Win or lose I will be back on the forum sometime after the match. I'm only 15 mins from the ground. Ive enjoyed the banter the last couple of days but all that stops after the match. I won't milk it if we pull it off. problem is I know you lot will  ;D However, I'm on a Liverpool forum so fully expect to get the stick if we lose  :D
      Keith, its sweeter if we beat you and you turn up here tomorrow for a bit of stick. :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #190: Sep 19, 2010 04:35:16 am
      I can honestly say that I would take defeat if we were to put out a proper strong and attacking formation and strategy. I just want to see 11 players who are looking to push forward and get stuck in all the time. Just go at them and give us some blood, sweat and tears on that shitty pitch and give us hope for the season.
      No more boring and mind numbing performances.
      I believe in roy and believe he can brong us stability and progress.
      Just trust your players roy and don't over manage. Its the biggest game in the football calender...trust the players to represent our passion!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #191: Sep 19, 2010 05:10:56 am
      I can honestly say that I would take defeat if we were to put out a proper strong and attacking formation and strategy. I just want to see 11 players who are looking to push forward and get stuck in all the time. Just go at them and give us some blood, sweat and tears on that shitty pitch and give us hope for the season.
      No more boring and mind numbing performances.
      I believe in roy and believe he can brong us stability and progress.
      Just trust your players roy and don't over manage. Its the biggest game in the football calender...trust the players to represent our passion!

i have to agree with you lester76, tho i obviously wouldnt grumble at a defensive 1-0 victory. lets give the creative players the license to play. lets have meireles and gerrard in the middle of the park. the scumbags at the back are there to be got at, attack is best form of defence etc.
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #192: Sep 19, 2010 07:46:37 am
      Just over 12 hours to go and I'm not buzzing yet, more nervous. I hate these cu*ts, I hate their ground and there f**king supporters (sorry Keith  ;).

We can tell if we're on in the first few minutes. Let's go out there and harrass these mother fuckers for every second of the match, don't let them get their game going and when we get the ball , ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. Vidic will be crapping in his pants.

For me apart from beating Everton twice, doing the double over these cu*ts matters just as much.

Stand up lads and do us proud.

Yes well said I hate those cu*ts. I noticed you have Skippy as your DP. You may be inteested to know that im Australian and that Skippy is in fact my cousin. I must say im very proud of myself to be the cousin of a Liverpool legend.
      YNWA
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #193: Sep 19, 2010 08:02:34 am
      Yes well said I hate those cu*ts. I noticed you have Skippy as your DP. You may be inteested to know that im Australian and that Skippy is in fact my cousin. I must say im very proud of myself to be the cousin of a Liverpool legend.
      YNWA
      I thought Skippy was a kangeroo ;D Anyway, I have to say after winning in midweek, i'm feeling a little more optimistic than i was, This is the most nerve wrecking match of the year, so i can expect to have a few shorter fingernails by the end of this one. I have predicted a defeat for this match, but if the  lads can get fired up for it (and it shouldn't be hard ) then we could sneak it. A draw is no good for either side, but i would take it today. MON THE RED'S!! (Whites today though)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #194: Sep 19, 2010 08:05:29 am
      YNWA

Also an Aussie here as well, plenty of us knocking about on the forum :D Nice one on the legend as a cousin, he is a true legend of the club in my eyes, in a time of not as much international players he really broke ground for Aussie footballers abroad in my eyes. Tell him i said hi next family show ;D

As for the match - i'm not confident after our recent performances, but i'm always hopeful. I F***ing hope the lads get up for this and go out to that shithole of a stadium and F**k these wankers over!

No offense keithy boy ;)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #195: Sep 19, 2010 08:08:07 am
      To be honest the most important thing for me today is that Steven Gerrard plays in the position he is one of the best in the world at playing, the centre of our midfield.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #196: Sep 19, 2010 08:11:24 am
      To be honest the most important thing for me today is that Steven Gerrard plays in the position he is one of the best in the world at playing, the centre of our midfield.

Agreed!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #197: Sep 19, 2010 09:06:15 am
      Lets just get into them,they are there to be got at,just please roy dont start with lucas and poulsen its to negative and just invites trouble.
      I would love to push johnson up to the middle and attack with kelly behind,come on red men lets have it
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #198: Sep 19, 2010 09:32:51 am
      Give it to the Manc bas**rds , come on you Redmen !!!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #199: Sep 19, 2010 09:35:38 am
                                   Reina

Johnson      Carra    Agger   Konch

Gerrard      Meireles
                  Maxi                             Jova
                                    Cole

Torres

I dont want to see Poulsen on the bench.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #200: Sep 19, 2010 09:41:04 am
      I dont want to see Poulsen on the bench.

But not in the starting 11 ... sub him when we are 2:0 and let him make so strong tackles :)
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #201: Sep 19, 2010 09:47:53 am
      I gave the starting 11 I'd like to see, thereafter I made note of the fact I would not like to see him on the bench. So hopefully they'll loan him out Oldham.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #202: Sep 19, 2010 09:48:18 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #203: Sep 19, 2010 09:52:46 am
      Its a new dawn, Its a new day! This is the day we wipe your butts ;D In two hours time I will be on my way to the most famous football club in the world  :P Here at Old Trafford we welcome the most successful side in football, LIVERPOOL FC against the second most successful side MANCHESTER UNITED, the giants of football  :D Its has to be said United go in to the game firm favs after Liverpool's indifferent start to the season :-\. However, as we all know, when these two teams go into battle, form goes right out of the window. Passion goes to a whole new level.(( if that's what we call it  :f_whistle: ;D )). Both sets of supporters have this as arguably the biggist game of the season with Everton & Man City coming a close second, in some cases first.

Can the mighty Livepool turn back the clock and go back down the East Lancs with a smile on their faces? It looks a hard task on paper. Will they settle for a draw? who knows! you decide :lmao: .(( As Big Brother would say :D )). Will Man United come out of the boxes. (( like my Greyhounds )) blazing in to top gear right from the start  ;D Its certainly a match that all neutrals love to savour

Good luck to all supporters from both sides, enjoy the banter, ear bashing, abuse at eachother, and the match. But above all, come home safe and sound  :)
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #204: Sep 19, 2010 09:55:48 am
      Chokes on cock for breakfast does Allardyce. But Fergiscum is in a league of his own, he's what you call c**t International.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #205: Sep 19, 2010 10:01:54 am
      God i am bricking it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #206: Sep 19, 2010 10:04:51 am