Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Is the dressing room really fractured?

Read 5936 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Is the dressing room really fractured?
      Reply #46: Oct 18, 2010 11:18:15 pm
      Since when did Liverpool get so national-ist? After Arbeloa and Carra had the argument? Alonso was peace-maker and he subsequently left as well.

I remember reading that Rafa found the club having cliques when he first arrived. English stuck with English. French with French and so on. Thought he brought in that idea where each player has a different roommate in away matches?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #47: Oct 18, 2010 11:21:20 pm
      Since when did Liverpool get so national-ist? After Arbeloa and Carra had the argument? Alonso was peace-maker and he subsequently left as well.

I remember reading that Rafa found the club having cliques when he first arrived. English stuck with English. French with French and so on. Thought he brought in that idea where each player has a different roommate in away matches?

I think it's more to do with certain players playing a role in removing Rafa.  Although saying that, didn't Babel twitter something once about a dressing room division?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #48: Oct 18, 2010 11:23:09 pm
      If it comes down to it: Gerrard and Carra vs Torres and Reina, it's a no brainer for me.

Same for me, a no-brainer, but I wonder if we thinking the same pairing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #49: Oct 18, 2010 11:23:14 pm
      Thought he brought in that idea where each player has a different roommate in away matches?

If he did I'm sure Roy in his wisdom and using his excellent man management skills has stopped this and possibly the cliques are developing again.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #50: Oct 18, 2010 11:28:52 pm
      Same for me, a no-brainer, but I wonder if we thinking the same pairing.

Unquestionably Torres and Reina for me.  It would be sad to see Gerrard go as I rate him the as one of the best LFC players of all-time, but no player is bigger than the club.

edit: I think putting Carragher in his place first might avert the crisis though, but that would require a manager with cojones.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2010 11:53:58 pm by vitez »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #51: Oct 18, 2010 11:34:09 pm
      That's why I keep wondering why our captain and vice captain kept mum about Rafa Benitez's departure whereas I remember Torres and Reina speaking out duirng the World Cup. Safe assumption that both of the local lads had a role of getting rid of our Spanish mastermind after being sick and tired of his tactics?

Yes, Torres and Reina also spoke about Roy Hodgson, if I remember right and so did our captain and vice captain saying how they were all looking forward to working with him.

It's almost becoming like a Spanish-English division and no, Arbeloa-Carragher had nothing to do with it.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #52: Oct 18, 2010 11:41:22 pm
      Carra is obviously one of the key players who played a role in Rafa's removal. He's a very lucky boy though, although Rafa was ruthless at times, he knew not to drop him. But if someone comes in, and looks at him and sees the hoofball, the disruption that he is causing, the constant fouling, then he will be out on his arse.

Stevie, I imagine played a role in Rafa's removal to, but not to the same extent as Carra. Torres and Reina are obviously pro-Rafa, going from what they have said about him in the past, and maybe have told them two 'How you feel now you got your wish? Relegation candidates, top stuff'.

But IMO remove Carra from the equation and Stevie wouldn't really be taking sides, he would just get on with the job. Said it in another thread, that Carra is a real two-faced b***ard. And he's playing a dangerous game, because he is far past his best.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #53: Oct 18, 2010 11:44:40 pm
      This is clearly not good for the club then.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #54: Oct 18, 2010 11:49:18 pm
      That's why I keep wondering why our captain and vice captain kept mum about Rafa Benitez's departure whereas I remember Torres and Reina speaking out duirng the World Cup. Safe assumption that both of the local lads had a role of getting rid of our Spanish mastermind after being sick and tired of his tactics?

Yes, Torres and Reina also spoke about Roy Hodgson, if I remember right and so did our captain and vice captain saying how they were all looking forward to working with him.

It's almost becoming like a Spanish-English division and no, Arbeloa-Carragher had nothing to do with it.

Just as there was a English-French division when Benitez arrived, but he did away with it, by insisting everyone had to eat together, and also everyone had to share rooms with different team mates, where as before players tended to share with their friends. We need someone to come in again, and if there is this same problem deal with it, because right now the team spirit is non-existent.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #55: Oct 18, 2010 11:50:02 pm
      Personally I'd give Carra some bench time to think about his actions and his influence.  If he kicks off, he can train with the reserves.  I'm guessing Roy invites him into his office to help pick the team, just like Houllier used to.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #56: Oct 18, 2010 11:50:53 pm
      Carragher and Gerrard got exactly what they wanted. Torres and Reina (and probably others, just using them as examples) got the complete opposite.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #57: Oct 18, 2010 11:54:19 pm
      Just as there was a English-French division when Benitez arrived, but he did away with it, by insisting everyone had to eat together, and also everyone had to share rooms with different team mates, where as before players tended to share with their friends. We need someone to come in again, and if there is this same problem deal with it, because right now the team spirit is non-existent.

Yeah, I agree but the only difference was, whether true or not, don't think there were any issues between both cliques with Houllier's departure.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #58: Oct 18, 2010 11:57:30 pm
      Carragher and Gerrard got what they wanted. Torres and Reina (and probably others, just using them as examples) got the complete opposite.

It would explain a lot.  Rafa spoke highly of Gerrard when he left and said they had a good personal relationship.  Said he liked Carra 'as a player.'

Wasn't there once a half time bust up between Gerrard and Rafa - against Reading?  Gerrard was then 'injured' for two weeks.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #59: Oct 19, 2010 12:01:29 am
      Our problem revolves around the fact that Rafa recruited to play a 4-2-3-1 formation,that included wide players with pace.We now have a defensive 4-4-2 formation,with no wide pace and a holding midfield that is sh*te,making our attacking midfield,defensive,so no-mate Torres is faced with a back to goal target role that he is not programmed for.So to answer the question,too f*cking right.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #60: Oct 19, 2010 12:32:26 am
      If their was problems in the dressing room that will happen with dominant personalities and egos. It's how the manager handles it. Roy will probably use it to deflect from the fact he can't coach anything. He is paid millions to handle thins like that

Quick Reply