Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Giving it straight. The Manc.

Read 8556 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Giving it straight. The Manc.
      Sep 22, 2010 10:09:13 am
      If anyone's not happy about me starting this thread then feel free to have it moved or put in a relevant section  :).
      I went to Sunday's game United v Liverpool and as such sent the following letter to the Liverpool Echo. Unfortunatly it doesn't look like it will be in the fan news section  :-\. Anyway, here goes.

==========================================================

After being a United fan for over 40 years I can safely say ive seen the good times and the bad times. From Denis Laws back heel that helped see us down to the second division, and the highs of doing the treble in 1999.

Watching the United & Liverpool game yesterday was certainly a match to remember if your a United fan. However, I couldn't help but be disappointed about the way Sir Alex conducted himself in the after match talks if what was said in the tabloids is true.

According to papers Sir Alex accused Torres of diving when O'Shea got in a clumsy tackle with him just outside the box. I do think Torres took advantage of the situation but don't we all at times in such a heated derby...

However, before accusing Torres of Diving he should take a look in his own backyard first. Watching the first half Nani was no different in a tackle with Konchesky running down the right wing. It was just a case of handbags at dawn. The way Nani went down was nothing short of scandalous in my opinion. He took a dive, simple as. Was anything said? Nothing.

Moving on late in the second half Nani was at it again. Only this time he should of been sent off. He got involved in another tackle with Agger inside the box. Did anyone see the swallow that flew over Nani's head before he went down? The poor bird lost a feather that landed on Nani's head which forced him to go down as if a ton of bricks had just landed on him.

To accuse Agger of bringing him down was a absolute disgrace. Once again Nani took another dive, it was all to embarrassing even if your a stone wall supporter of Manchester United you can't defend the indefensible.

So come on Sir Alex, if your going to play the game be fair. Nani as good as he is was bang out of order for deliberate diving on two occasions.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2010 11:04:38 am by Reslivo »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Giving it straight. The Manc.
      Reply #1: Sep 22, 2010 10:55:01 am
      Great post that Keith, but itss Agger mate not Accer :D, I admire your honesty though and the ability to remove your rose tinted and look at things from a neutral perspective.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Sep 22, 2010 10:57:35 am
      Great post that Keith, but itss Agger mate not Accer :D, I admire your honesty though and the ability to remove your rose tinted and look at things from a neutral perspective.

Sh!te your right, will change it now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Sep 22, 2010 11:19:39 am
      Nice one Keith but could you not have sent the same letter to a Manc paper? Love to see the reaction you would get from that.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2010 11:22:30 am
      Nice one Keith.

Youre a decent chap.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2010 11:27:23 am
      Disgraceful , this diving malarky...... you'd never see an Arsenal player doin it  :f_tongueincheek:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Sep 22, 2010 11:31:32 am
      Disgraceful , this diving malarky...... you'd never see an Arsenal player doin it  :f_tongueincheek:

Never catch a Liverpool player too, most notably because we struggle to create clear cut chances in the box. ;D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2010 12:54:06 pm
      Good, objective analysis there.  Rare these days :)
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2010 01:08:42 pm
      I can only say one thing about Fergie accusing Torres for diving: Ronaldo.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Sep 22, 2010 01:13:11 pm
      I can only say one thing about Fergie accusing Torres for diving: Ronaldo.

I wouldn't go down that route - we've had our own players dive before & it's refreshing to say, that on here we have usually called our players on it.  But Nani was atrocious, I called him $10 Whore most the game, because he went down so cheaply.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2010 01:56:18 pm
      I wouldn't go down that route - we've had our own players dive before & it's refreshing to say, that on here we have usually called our players on it.  But Nani was atrocious, I called him $10 Whore most the game, because he went down so cheaply.

There is a difference between going down easy, exaggerating a meaningful contact and blatant diving.
      For me, with the exception of NGog's one diver against Birmingham, Liverpool players don't dive, it is not something they have ever done that I can recall.  Gerrard sometimes goes down a little easy, Owen was the same, I don't like it, but that is not the same as what Nani was doing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Sep 22, 2010 01:59:08 pm
      Nice one Keith but could you not have sent the same letter to a Manc paper? Love to see the reaction you would get from that.

Yes i can, tell me which paper and i will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2010 02:04:31 pm
      Yes i can, tell me which paper and i will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?

Post it on a popular Man Utd site, then send us a link so we can look at the reactions.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2010 02:07:33 pm
      There is a difference between going down easy, exaggerating a meaningful contact and blatant diving.
      For me, with the exception of NGog's one diver against Birmingham, Liverpool players don't dive, it is not something they have ever done that I can recall.  Gerrard sometimes goes down a little easy, Owen was the same, I don't like it, but that is not the same as what Nani was doing.

That's exactly right.

I don't think Liverpool players actually dive (except for N'gog's against Birmingham) but some do exaggerate alot. Steven Gerrard did say in his book that he only dove once because he thought a dangerous tackle was coming and he couldn't bear to get injured before the world cup. He does goes down easily at times, though. I'd say Fernando Torres exaggerates.

I would put Ronaldo as a real diver even though he probably does it less now. However, I think Nani and Drogba deserve oscars for their acting.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2010 02:11:26 pm
      Yes I can, tell me which paper and I will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?

Worth a shot though, post to any paper in the world mate, they're all manc lovers!

Rodders has got the right idea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2010 02:13:57 pm

I would put Ronaldo as a real diver even though he probably does it less now. However, I think Nani and Drogba deserve oscars for their acting.

I'd say Drogba is the worst diver, he's a collosus of a fella with pace and power, but goes down like he's been sniped by Lee Harvey Oswald.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Sep 22, 2010 02:37:47 pm
      Post it on a popular Man Utd site, then send us a link so we can look at the reactions.

I'm not a member of any. I tried to join Redcafe a while back but admin problems so never bothered trying again. I read the site from time to time anyway. I don't like it, to much effing and geffing  ;D Don't get me wrong i use it myself. However, its every fooking word  :lmao: I don't think you would need a link to know how they would react  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Sep 22, 2010 02:39:51 pm
      Great pictures RedLFCBlood   ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Sep 22, 2010 02:43:17 pm
      I'd say Drogba is the worst diver, he's a collosus of a fella with pace and power, but goes down like he's been sniped by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Hmm, yeah, I noticed back in 2008/2009, he outmuscles our tough Jamie Carragher and yet he goes down easily when Martin Skrtel and Lucas came!

Anyone notice how Drogba's body twitches when he's on the ground?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Sep 22, 2010 04:57:36 pm
      Should of named this the 'Bend over so i can kiss yer arse' thread.

If O'Shea was sent off and we went on to win, i bet a different tune would be sung.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Sep 22, 2010 05:07:57 pm
      Should of named this the 'Bend over so I can kiss yer arse' thread.

If O'Shea was sent off and we went on to win, I bet a different tune would be sung.

Thats bullsh!t Crouchy, i'm saying it as it is, the truth. I don't crawl up anyones ar$e
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Sep 22, 2010 06:00:44 pm

Says a Manc on a Liverpool forum ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Sep 22, 2010 06:06:24 pm
      Says a Manc on a Liverpool forum ;)

Whats that got to do with anything?
       Its open to anyone isn't it??
      Just cos you don't like Mancs does that mean we can't post our thoughts??
      If you don't like the thread delete it.

I thought you being a mod should know better? Obviously not!
      It may be a idea going back to bed and getting out the other side

Ps. If your not happy about me being on the forum delete my membership, OK!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #23: Sep 22, 2010 06:10:08 pm
      He is being sarcastic Keith, hence the smiley!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Sep 22, 2010 06:12:59 pm

Its not a smile, its a wink  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Sep 22, 2010 06:13:56 pm
      Should of named this the 'Bend over so I can kiss yer arse' thread.

If O'Shea was sent off and we went on to win, I bet a different tune would be sung.

Can't see any smiles in this post.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Sep 22, 2010 06:23:28 pm
      Because i meant it in the first post!!

The second one is clearly a piss-take.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Sep 22, 2010 06:27:02 pm

Reply 26 confirms i was right Gareth  8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #28: Sep 22, 2010 06:29:18 pm
      Er, no. He was right. The only smiley i have used is in the second one and the only post he referred to was the one with the smiley.

Mancs, eh? :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Sep 22, 2010 06:31:55 pm
      Er, no. He was right. The only smiley I have used is in the second one and the only post he referred to was the one with the smiley.

Mancs, eh? :roll:

Well since I'm not allowed to agree with a scouser I disagree with you Crouchy  :f_whistle:

Your post saying, Should of named this the 'Bend over so I can kiss yer arse' thread. is out of order in my opinion. More so cos your a staff member  :(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Sep 22, 2010 06:35:26 pm
      Disagree, i don't care. Most people do.

Personally, i don't see why this couldn't go in the 'Laugh at the Mancs' thread because that's where everything goes but you got special permission and that's fair enough.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Sep 22, 2010 06:41:58 pm
      I don't see what the problem it is to be honest, Keith gave a fairly unbiased view on his own manager allegeding that Torres is a cheat whilst his own team player Nani was doing the footballing equivalent of Bambi on Ice, I wouldn't say he's kissing arse, just offering an opinion from a Manxs perspective, what you have to take into account is a lot of Mancs are becoming increasingly frustrated with Fergie over his contionous arse kissing and praise of the Glaizers, so they offer a more damning verdict on Fergie as manager.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Sep 22, 2010 06:50:11 pm
      Disagree, I don't care. Most people do.

Personally, I don't see why this couldn't go in the 'Laugh at the Mancs' thread because that's where everything goes but you got special permission and that's fair enough.

Could that be cos i have more respect for scousers than you do mancs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Sep 22, 2010 06:59:37 pm
      Obviously you do. I couldn't stand being with a manc for a minute, let alone discussing issues with them!

Your a much better man than me, Keith. Kudos.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Sep 22, 2010 07:16:48 pm
      Obviously you do. I couldn't stand being with a manc for a minute, let alone discussing issues with them!

Your a much better man than me, Keith. Kudos.

Don't know how you can say that living down under  :-\ I know loads of Mancs that get on well with Scousers as well as the other way round. One of my best friends a scouser. What experience have you had of being with a manc to come out with a statement like the one above?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #35: Sep 22, 2010 07:19:54 pm
      Don't know how you can say that living down under  :-\ I know loads of Mancs that get on well with Scousers as well as the other way round. One of my best friends a scouser. What experience have you had of being with a manc to come out with a statement like the one above?

I tell you what Keith, it nearly broke my heart when my best mate, who as far as I was concerned had no interest in football, suddenly announced he liked football & was now a Man United fan.  Almost killed me, he's still my best mate though, we try not to talk about football any more, become a very touchy subject - even touchier than what he wanted to do with my sister.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Sep 22, 2010 07:28:02 pm
      I tell you what Keith, it nearly broke my heart when my best mate, who as far as I was concerned had no interest in football, suddenly announced he liked football & was now a Man United fan.  Almost killed me, he's still my best mate though, we try not to talk about football any more, become a very touchy subject - even touchier than what he wanted to do with my sister.

Your sister  ;D i'm not passing comment on that one, will stick to football ;D
      Its nice to see your friendship hasn't been ruined cos of who you both support, that's the way it should be. :) Pity others can't agree with you and i  :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Sep 22, 2010 07:28:44 pm

Don't know how you can say that when you don't even live here!

I support Liverpool, reason enough! Not everyone is going to be lovey dovey, get over it. I don't like Mancs. Shock F***ing horror a Reds fan says that! Far out.

I live in Australia, exactly. I'm surrounded with plastic fuckers who give me sh*t when they don't even watch a game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Sep 22, 2010 07:31:12 pm
      Don't know how you can say that when you don't even live here!

I support Liverpool, reason enough! Not everyone is going to be lovey dovey, get over it. I don't like Mancs. Shock f**king horror a Reds fan says that! Far out.

I live in Australia, exactly. I'm surrounded with plastic fuckers who give me sh*t when they don't even watch a game.

Is your profile right? are you 18 years of age?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Sep 22, 2010 07:33:28 pm
      Er, yes.

Oo la la! Getting all high and mighty and using the age card!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Sep 22, 2010 07:44:23 pm
      Er, yes.

Oo la la! Getting all high and mighty and using the age card!

Not at all crouchy, I'm just trying to paint a picture of where  your coming from. Have you been down under all your life?? It would explain a few things! Obviously youth most certainly goes against you as you've not experience life in Liverpool & Manchester. Sounds like you have very little experience in Mancs company as well as liverpool supporters?

You don't know what your missing as the criac is second to none. Talk about laugh, the soh is unbelievable  ;D

Ps.  Off to watch the match now. Back on later to reply.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #41: Sep 23, 2010 02:07:48 am
      who as far as I was concerned had no interest in football, suddenly announced he liked football & was now a Man United fan.

This is the majority of Australian Manc/Chelsea supporters in a nutshell.  You ask them why they support United/Chelsea the answer is always "oh, I have for as long as I can remember".  I'm dying for a Manc/Chelsea fan who's actually clued up and we can rib each other.  Problem is they're 95% of the time bandwagon supporters and don't respect the rivalry.  I do have one Chelsea fan who's in the know and he's been a Chelsea supporter since the Zola days, so credit to him.  Even my bloody Korean friend who started following football in 90s (when Man U did their Korean tour around the time they announced Korea would be hosting the 2002 WC is a Liverpool supporter), how I'll never know but I'm thankful.

My Chelsea mate tried winding me up about how they won the league last year and I retorted with Abramovich's millions and how they ruined the transfer market for years to come, I then replied with it's hard to take a team seriously when they employ people to wage flags at their games.  Lost him completely.  Again some other Mancs tried winding me up about how they've been dominant the last 20 years and I told them that despite that, LFC fans (over here at least) are for the most part true supporters and that our crowd is more vocal than yours, even when we travel to OT.  I'd lost him when I said Old Trafford.

I've got no doubt things would be different if I lived over there though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Sep 23, 2010 12:29:37 pm
      ^ What vitez said. Spot on. The cu*ts here are useless.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Sep 23, 2010 01:07:33 pm
      ^ What vitez said. Spot on. The cu*ts here are useless.

He's talking about down under  ;) Big difference, I can't comment as i wouldn't know. Just as you can't comment what goes on over here  ;) Now do you know where i'm coming from.  Your 18 and a lot to learn young man. One word of advice ( not that you will take it ) never judge a book by its cover 8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: Sep 23, 2010 01:11:32 pm
      Where i'm coming from is you don't seem to grasp the basis of rivalry.

With supporting Liverpool, i naturally do not enjoy seeing Mancs have success, i don't like what they have to say, i don't know why people try to bridge that and be the "Super Fan" and get along with everyone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Sep 23, 2010 01:18:45 pm
      Where i'm coming from is you don't seem to grasp the basis of rivalry.

With supporting Liverpool, i naturally do not enjoy seeing Mancs have success, i don't like what they have to say, i don't know why people try to bridge that and be the "Super Fan" and get along with everyone.

Lifes not all about football rivalries and you dont tar every one with the same brush, two of my very best mates are United Fans, put the football rivalries aside and beyond that there is a person, some may be shithouses, some may be cool, but the only person who loses out tarring every one with the same brush is the person who is doing it as they could make a friend for life, but will never benefit from that.

Now don't take offence here as I'm just trying to make a point, I could pidgeon hole you as a criminal, due to how Australia was inhabited by Caucasian people, but that would be unfair and unjust as beyond all that you are a person with your own qualities & personality.

I've labelled you a clueless c**t in the past in the heat of our arguments, but accept beyond them and when the dust settles, behind the user name, you are not a bad person.

See where I'm coming from ?
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2010 01:24:44 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #46: Sep 23, 2010 01:21:42 pm
      I've labelled you a clueless c**t in the past in the heat of our arguments, but accept beyond them and when the dust settles, behind the user name there is not a bad person.

I'm not so sure, have you seen his lime green kecks? :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Sep 23, 2010 01:23:41 pm
      I'm not so sure, have you seen his lime green kecks? :P

Still doesn't mean he's a bad person, just a bad taste in fashion or colour blind. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Sep 23, 2010 01:26:05 pm
      My dad is a United fan. He hates Ferguson. He hates the owners. He had started to take an interest in Liverpool until they sold Alonso, who he rightly thought was our best player. Now we have lost him back to United. I have good banter with him normally... Until today. The smug git
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Sep 23, 2010 01:37:01 pm
      Where I'm coming from is you don't seem to grasp the basis of rivalry.

With supporting Liverpool, I naturally do not enjoy seeing Mancs have success, I don't like what they have to say, I don't know why people try to bridge that and be the "Super Fan" and get along with everyone.

You can still have rivalry and be best of friends, well at least you can in this country  :)

I can understand you not liking United have success. However, since when have i ever milked that on here??

You don't like what i say!! You don't like what i do!! But your more than happy for me to contribute to forum funds on a regular basis?? I REPEAT! a regular basis!

Sorry mate but you need to get those rose tinted glasses off that clearly taint your judgment calls. For a staff member your way out of order  >:(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Sep 23, 2010 01:42:59 pm
      Lifes not all about football rivalries and you dont tar every one with the same brush, two of my very best mates are United Fans, put the football rivalries aside and beyond that there is a person, some may be shithouses, some may be cool, but the only person who loses out tarring every one with the same brush is the person who is doing it as they could make a friend for life, but will never benefit from that.

Now don't take offence here as I'm just trying to make a point, I could pidgeon hole you as a criminal, due to how Australia was inhabited by Caucasian people, but that would be unfair and unjust as beyond all that you are a person with your own qualities & personality.

I've labelled you a clueless c**t in the past in the heat of our arguments, but accept beyond them and when the dust settles, behind the user name, you are not a bad person.

See where I'm coming from ?

Hold on here, i haven't said i hate Keith, i just said it's a kiss arse comment. Then i get the 'don't be like that, learn to love, chill out mannn, Keith's the second coming he's top a bloke!' crap.

Just because i don't warm to him as affectionately as you do, doesn't mean i don't hate the man. I just don't see why he's seeking approval from me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #51: Sep 23, 2010 01:44:56 pm
      You can still have rivalry and be best of friends, well at least you can in this country  :)

I can understand you not liking United have success. However, since when have i ever milked that on here??

You don't like what i say!! You don't like what i do!! But your more than happy for me to contribute to forum funds on a regular basis?? I REPEAT! a regular basis!

Sorry mate but you need to get those rose tinted glasses off that clearly taint your judgment calls. For a staff member your way out of order  >:(

I've helped you out when you need help on the forum, Keith. I do my job as a staff member. That's as far as i need to go with you, mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Sep 23, 2010 01:45:00 pm
      Angry man
      Angry man
      Fights whenever
      He angrily can
      Can he love
      Manc fans
      No he cant
      Angry man
      Look out
      Here is
      Angry man.

Little song there for you Crouchy

:laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Sep 23, 2010 01:47:06 pm

Just because i don't warm to him as affectionately as you do, doesn't mean i don't hate the man. I just don't see why he's seeking approval from me.

To be honest mate I don't think he's seeking your approval as a person, he's seeking your approval (I'm assuming so he could post this) as your a staff member
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #54: Sep 23, 2010 01:51:51 pm
      I'm not angry racer. I'm a picture of serenity, me. Just chillin' like a villain on penicillin.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #55: Sep 23, 2010 01:52:36 pm
      If crouchinho chooses not to embrace with open arms a United member on a Liverpool forum, that's his choice. Leave it be.

Kindly step back on-topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Sep 23, 2010 01:54:30 pm
      Hold on here, I haven't said I hate Keith, I just said it's a kiss arse comment. Then I get the 'don't be like that, learn to love, chill out mannn, Keith's the second coming he's top a bloke!' crap.

Just because I don't warm to him as affectionately as you do, doesn't mean I don't hate the man. I just don't see why he's seeking approval from me.

Not looking for approval Crouchy, i'm 50 not 18. I don't need any appovals from teenagers. The way i was brought up was to show respect to your elders, manc or no manc.
      I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor asking you to call me a top bloke. I ask one thing only, more so cos your a mod and they should know better. RESPECT!

In future i shall just keep away from your posting.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #57: Sep 23, 2010 01:55:59 pm
      Ferguson is a hypocritical, spiteful excuse for a man and it's no coincidence that a good many manUre "fans" follow his example, I don't generalise but make an observation based on their behaviour over many years.
      The chants in sections of OT by "die hard fans" are an insight into their mindset and is light years from any concept of fair play and sportsmanship, Ferguson regards this conduct as part of the wind up he himself uses and only when there is widespread revulsion at the obscenities chanted will he occasionally condemn it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Sep 23, 2010 01:56:31 pm

I am giving it straight Res  :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Sep 23, 2010 01:57:03 pm
      Not looking for approval Crouchy, i'm 50 not 18. I don't need any appovals from teenagers. The way i was brought up was to show respect to your elders, manc or no manc.
      I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor asking you to call me a top bloke. I ask one thing only, more so cos your a mod and they should know better. RESPECT!

In future i shall just keep away from your posting.

Shut up Keith ya Manc b***ard ;D, Res has spoken now back on Topic. :D

Still say great post Keith, good to see your not biased to that smarmy b***ard gin soaked manager of yours. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Sep 23, 2010 01:58:29 pm
      Bloody Mancs coming in, posting on our forum. Trying to give unbiased opinions. Turning us into gambling addicts.

Oh that latter one might have happened anyway
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Sep 23, 2010 02:01:39 pm

Still say great post Keith, good to see your not biased to that smarmy b***ard gin soaked manager of yours. :D

Your right mate not biased like some supporters who hate mancs just cos there mancs  :-\
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2010 02:04:58 pm
      Your right mate not biased like some supporters who hate mancs just cos there mancs  :-\
      F***ing lay off it mate. He's entitled to his own opinion. If you can't handle it then you shouldn't be on a Liverpool forum in the first place.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2010 02:12:27 pm
      F***ing lay off it mate. He's entitled to his own opinion. If you can't handle it then you shouldn't be on a Liverpool forum in the first place.

Big difference between opinion and attitude Dexter.

That's the last post on the matter, lets move on.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #64: Sep 23, 2010 02:24:28 pm
      Your right mate not biased like some supporters who hate mancs just cos there mancs  :-\

To be honest lad, that's about as childish as anything that's been said in this thread. You keep banging on about Crouchy being 18, and how he's got so much to learn, then come out with something like that? That's juvenile.

I'm 19 and have lived in Liverpool me entire life, I know exactly what the rivalry is between us and United. There is F***ing hatred between both sets of supporters. I don't hate somebody just because they support United, I hate the fact that they support United. That is a big difference.

As for the point of this thread, we all know what Ferguson is. He's like practically every other manager in press conferences/interviews. It's alright for his players to do something but not alright for others. Like Wenger who moans whenever anybody breathes on an Arsenal player but it was alright for Keown to go jumping on the back of Van Nistlerooy or Grimandi to stand on Didi Hamann's hand. Very few managers will say their club/player is in the wrong - Stuart Pearce being one of few exceptions. Or Rafa making a video of Drogba's dives but had nothing to say about Ngog's against Birmingham.

It's part and parcel of football that a manager is gonna stick by their own player. Whether we like it or not that's what happens. So for Ferguson not to mention Nani diving is no surprise. For him to single out Torres against O'Shea is no surprise.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2010 02:41:04 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly

Already made my last post on him, not going there again.

Question!

Was Nani a diving cheating cnut for what he did on Sunday?

Was Fergie out of order withn his comments on  Torres?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #66: Sep 23, 2010 02:41:57 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly

Already made my last post on him, not going there again.

Question!

Yes. Yes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #67: Sep 23, 2010 02:43:58 pm

How long has your name been dunlop liddell shankly  ;D Will pass comment when dunlop gets back to us  :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #68: Sep 23, 2010 02:51:23 pm

Yes.

Yes.

So what?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #69: Sep 23, 2010 04:06:00 pm

Thanks dunlop, you've just proved my point  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #70: Sep 23, 2010 05:04:28 pm
      Put it this way Keith Slur Alex is out of order with the majority of his comments, basically they are rarely neutral or innoffensive because they are intended as a wind up,criticism,have a self serving sub plot or are one of his manic explosions.
      It is possibly him that a good deal of the hatred is directed at, I cannot speak for the committed manc hater but for me he does exaggerate the hostility I feel  for them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Sep 23, 2010 05:29:53 pm
      Thanks for your comments stuey  :)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #72: Sep 23, 2010 06:01:26 pm
      I'm not angry racer. I'm a picture of serenity, me. Just chillin' like a villain on penicillin.

I am not sure your analogy works.  I've found villains to be quite a disagreeable, angsty bunch... and penicillin does nothing to calm the nerves... though I guess chillin' like a moderately well-off pensioner on tea and hovis digestives doesn't have the same ring to it
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #73: Sep 23, 2010 09:41:21 pm

I like that idea!!

You are a Manc- a member of an LFC forum, and not a member of a manc one?

I find it strange to know a decent Manc! 
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #74: Sep 23, 2010 11:41:09 pm
      Nice one keith.
      Nice to know not all mancs are biased tw*ts  ;).
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #75: Sep 26, 2010 11:21:01 am
      Hold on here, I haven't said I hate Keith, I just said it's a kiss arse comment. Then I get the 'don't be like that, learn to love, chill out mannn, Keith's the second coming he's top a bloke!' crap.

Just because I don't warm to him as affectionately as you do, doesn't mean I don't hate the man. I just don't see why he's seeking approval from me.

One of my best mates is a Manc (since childhood) I play and watch football with him (we dont watch LFC vs Utd games together though). He respects the fact Im a "true Red" and would never step over the line, he (like it seems Keith) has banter but is also sensible and there is an underlying respect there so wheres the problem?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: Sep 26, 2010 11:55:40 am
      Thanks kelvo  :)
      I will always give a honest opinion even though the minority think i have hidden motives.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #77: Sep 29, 2010 02:08:28 am
      Thanks kelvo  :)
      I will always give a honest opinion even though the minority think I have hidden motives.
      But you arent on a manc forum,,,,why!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #78: Sep 29, 2010 06:06:16 am
      I also have a best mate who is a manc. No big deal at all, and he is a fan because of his step-dad who he is quite close to - and his step-dad has been a fan of them since when we we were winning titles. So he is no bandwagon-ite, so i respect their support, as it is true rather than just jumping on a successful ship.

I do understand reservations about mancs on the forum though. I think Keith is alright, and enjoy having him around. However, not everyone is gonna feel the same and nor should they feel they have to. I don't think crouchy is out of line in not being all warm and cuddly. Yeah, he is a mod - but he is a mod on a Liverpool forum, so its not like he is a neutral staff member. He will be just as passionate as the next member, and thus his opinions will also be just as polarized. Especially coming from Australia, where we do grow up with a lot of the people who buy manc, Chelsea, Arsenal etc jerseys without being able to even name 5 players who play for the team.

Hell, i don't feel that lovey to some of the members here who are Liverpool fans. It just happens that we will not all see eye to eye, but it doesn't mean we hate each other.

Anyways, to be on topic - great post keith, but you are just telling us what we know ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #79: Sep 29, 2010 08:44:34 am

Anyways, to be on topic - great post keith, but you are just telling us what we know ;)

Thanks bigvYNWA  ;D

Telling you what you already know and still get criticised  :lmao: Will have to try and think of something you don't know  :D

Did you know that all Mancs are not ar$eoles  ;D

Quick Reply