Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (15.9%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (43%)
      Raul Meireles
      (10.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (23.4%)
      Joe Cole
      (7.5%)

Liverpool 1 - 2 Blackpool: In game and Post Match Nightmares

Read 79594 times
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Blackpool: Post Match Nightmares
      Reply #966: Oct 03, 2010 07:48:49 pm
      The fact that he can't control, doesn't have composure in front of goal, isn't quick, doesn't link up well, isn't tricky enough to lose defenders so on and so on. He doesn't have the attributes to be a forward in this division.

Jovanovic as a winger, or midfielder, I can see where you coming from.. For me, as long as he never play as a striker, I cannot consider him as a bad player, because striker is his real position..

Let ends the discussion here for Jovanovic.. because the problem in Liverpool is more than a Jovanovic..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #967: Oct 03, 2010 08:01:17 pm
      Don't think I've ever felt quite so depressed as I do at the moment, in all my years of supporting Liverpool through thick and thin, this has to be one of the very lowest points of them all.

I guess the only small light at the end of the tunnel, if there is one  :roll: is the fact that it's very early in the season, I honestly don't believe for one minute that we'll be in the relegation zone come Easter, but we're not gonna be in the top 6 either.

Things have to change and quick, Liverpool are not the sort of club who sack Managers on a whim, but if Roy doesn't change tack and get the best out of his players and play them in their best position, he might very well find himself on the scrap heap.

Attitudes have to change, it's very obvious that players are pissed off, and who can blame them, I think they should ignore whatever Roy says to them in the dressing room and just do there own thing, if it means getting a result, it's worth a try.

And what the hell is Roy and the backroom staff doing at Melwood? FFS !!!! If we can't beat Blackpool, Sunderland and Northampton at Anfield we've got no chance against the big guns.

Shanks would have the players in doing extra work, begging to wear the RED shirt of Liverpool perhaps Roy should take a leaf out of his book.

There's an awful lot wrong at Liverpool at the moment, and I don't care what anyone says, it's bound to have an effect on the players, the background troubles will rub off on them, whether they like it or not  :f_steam: they might be super rich professional players but at the end of the day they're just human like you and me.

I will never give up on Liverpool, I've always said I will support them whatever position they're in, and whatever League they're in, but it's very hard going at the moment.

Keep the faith, but I think Roy needs to go.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #968: Oct 03, 2010 08:03:49 pm
      A lot people have lost their senses lately.

First of all, we have some players who are not really the world beater on their respective positions.
      Secondly, we have several players off form
      Thirdly, we have a soso manager.

I think Rafa's luck in his first season in charge when he won the UCL trophy with a set of players he didn't even think are good enough has made some people lost their senses completely. We're in a bad patch and now we're shooting down our own manager and throwing whatever we have to all directions. Ah well....
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #969: Oct 03, 2010 08:08:06 pm
      How you know he is not good as striker?.. Has we play him there before?.. what is your fact or evidence saying he is not a good striker?.. Just because he is not a good wingeR?..
      It's simple to see he wont be a good striker as above he just ain't got it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #970: Oct 03, 2010 08:12:30 pm
      Today's game was beyond a joke.

We were totally outclassed in the first half. For a defence minded coach our defending was humiliating.

The worst part of all is that this season we even have more points than we deserve. We were lucky to get a point against Sunderland and Birmingham.

But today plumbed new depths in performances.

It was nothing short of a disgrace.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #971: Oct 03, 2010 08:20:36 pm
      Today's game was beyond a joke.

We were totally outclassed in the first half. For a defence minded coach our defending was humiliating.

The worst part of all is that this season we even have more points than we deserve. We were lucky to get a point against Sunderland and Birmingham.

But today plumbed new depths in performances.

It was nothing short of a disgrace.
      As you say after a performance like that a defensive minded manager should be ashamed Roy your taing us to places we have never been.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #972: Oct 03, 2010 08:25:33 pm
      I still can't explain it.

Whether the owners are Sheikh or Yanks, whether the manager is Benitez or Hodgson, why can't the team play like they actually know each other?

I mean, our players are better in quality compared to all their opponents so far and yet we were outplayed in all areas.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but we seem to play much better when the team only has certain players.

Well said, there are no excuses for the performances of last season and this. I thought last week was bad against Sunderland but today we played a team who lost heavily away to Arsenal and Chelsea and we were a shambles.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #973: Oct 03, 2010 08:30:04 pm
      under roy we have never played a first half of a game with the highest percentage of possession, we were always outplayed by the opposition, and that is ANY OPPOSITION, league,cup, and europe and as JD said above we are lucky we have 6 points(OMG yes SIX) think roy, and that is with a defensive minded manager

YNWA
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #974: Oct 03, 2010 08:38:53 pm
      I need a drink, whos with me?

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #975: Oct 03, 2010 08:39:26 pm
      liverpool do not exist anymore ok. there is no point working yourselves up. until liverpool recieve mad funds then there is no hope and unfortunately we will walk alone

Are u F***ing stupid,We are Liverpool football club.We will get trought this.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #976: Oct 03, 2010 08:40:16 pm
      Passion & Pride
      MsGerrard
      Reply #977: Oct 03, 2010 08:42:48 pm
      ^^^ Something that was sadly lacking today.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #978: Oct 03, 2010 08:48:44 pm
      Are u f**king stupid,We are Liverpool football club.We will get trought this.

And maybe we will learn how to spell too!  :P
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #979: Oct 03, 2010 08:57:13 pm
      Ray Kennedy was a striker and Bob Paisley played him anywhere but a striker. He turned out to be a f**king world beater as a left sided midfielder.
      Happy days ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #980: Oct 03, 2010 09:06:38 pm
      More gutted , watching rafa"s inter against Juve --Aquilani playing and having a very good game- we shipped him to get poulsen  FFs
        BTW the result is 0-0 on 62nd min
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #981: Oct 03, 2010 09:13:47 pm
      Of course Roys limitations as a mangager are being woefully exposed at this level.  A bit harsh though to heap all the blame on him.  There were 11 internationals who started that game today, and practically every game apart from the Northampton debacle, and what are they giving us.......F**k all, thats what.

If that 11 that started today cant even beat, and sometimes look that they couldnt be arsed, to beat Blackpool, f***in Blackpool...then we are in more sh*t than a faggots finger, make no mistake about it.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #982: Oct 03, 2010 09:18:08 pm
      I did predicte would lose this with Lucas and Poulson in mid field. As Lucas didn't play I was a bit off line but I just new they would get the ball down and run at us, playing through the midfield, putting our defense under sustained pressure. We are preety dismal at the moment whoever we play. No team spirit, no cohesion and certainly no passion.  The ordinary players we have in the squad is the result of the two managers who bought them. No one else to blame, they saw something in those players that they thought was quality, the majority have failed but are still playing. O.K. we haven't had the funds to buy big, but why buy rubbish? why not leave it alone and continue with what you've got.?  Seems like panic buying for the just cause of getting rid of he dosh. We are in a relegation position. We are relegation quality at the moment. Don't believe it can't happen. We need the changes NOW. Club sale or not,  Yeah, Liverpool don't sack managers on a whim. That was in the days when we were a family club. That is not the case anymore. We are a business now, and a very bad one at that. Roy hodgeson is not up to the job, we need to move on, and quickly, or it will be too late. Blackpool for fucks sake Blackpool ?  And is Roy upset. Yes, but not too much as we were beaten by a side that took the game to us, and were the better side for long periods of the game.  That's why he has to go.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #983: Oct 03, 2010 09:24:59 pm

Ray Kennedy was a striker at the Arse. He was never bought to Anfield as a stiker, Paisley saw something in him when Arsenal were happy to let him go as he was carrying a few pounds and lost a yard or two of pace. Paisley MADE him into a midfielder due to his vision and strenth and passion. What I would do for a Ray Kennedy now.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #984: Oct 03, 2010 09:26:17 pm
      I don't remember a time like this for the 18 years I have supported LFC, the words that come to mind are not that of anger towards owners or the performance. But that of sadness and an overwhelming thought of the fact that I really do not know where we are heading and where our future is, I believe that we fully deserve to be where we are in the League and the overall factor is that I am ashamed to say we don't even have the simplest of factors in how we play our so called "football" and that is pride and passion. There is none and for that reason I really am questioning what it is we aim to do as a club.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #985: Oct 03, 2010 09:31:00 pm
      Would totally echo the points made by JD and Ms gerrard, I thought Hodgson was supposed to make team difficult to beat if nothing else.
      I was also led to believe that he was a motivator. Well the lack of Passion shown so far this season is shocking to behold. Finally there is the big myth spun that he improves moderate players. So far every player apart from Gerrard has regressed from last season.
      Finally from supporting theteam from the late 70's i've seen Diouff, Diao, Jimmy Carter, Babb, Pieknik, Paul Stewart and every carthorse that has been brought into the team. But Poulsen really does top the lot of them. Nice one Roy!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #986: Oct 03, 2010 09:32:59 pm
      F***ing joke today what the F**k is goin on
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #987: Oct 03, 2010 09:33:22 pm
      Tell me that this is just a nightmare and I'm gonna wake up!!  :f_wah:
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #988: Oct 03, 2010 09:40:12 pm
      This is so bad even the Manc supporters I know are talking about how sad it is.

Quick Reply