Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2794859 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #10971: Aug 09, 2013 11:01:52 am
      Carragher had one of his best seasons at 35
      Gerrard is still world class at 33
      Lampard is playing the best football of his life at 37
      Giggs is still one of the main and best midfielders at 40
      Ferdinand is undroppable at 36
      Van Der Sar was world class at 40
      Zola was the best at Chelsea at 38

A bunch of others I've forgotten

I'm not saying they don't play longer in Baseball, I'm saying there's not THAT much of a difference age wise. Surely not enough to account for the contrast in monies spent

Zidane, Ronaldinho, Buffon, Figo, Raul. I'm sure there are many, many more.

Also, Lampard's 35.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #10972: Aug 09, 2013 11:06:43 am
      If JH  had told his agent and the world this some weeks ago would it not have been better to do so.Now we are going to get really dirty and the press will love this .poor Suarez a slave to LFC bollocks. It just a F***ing big mess,this is not the end of this saga not by a long shot.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #10973: Aug 09, 2013 11:17:59 am
      JWH is trying to encourage Real Madrid to bid with this statement,too late in the day to sell a player? Torres...& I thought we never sold to Champions League rivals,John?.

Scarey thought the owner claiming its too late in the window to find replacements,I guess we may not see further additions and players linked with us may be just lip service from the board.

The only option for Suarez at the moment is to hand in a transfer request.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #10974: Aug 09, 2013 11:19:02 am
      Suarez's disgraceful behaviour is taking all of the attention away from FSG, and they will be delighted. This will rumble on, and it serves as a nice smokescreen to say 'we concentrated all of our efforts into Luis staying' or 'Luis left so late we couldnt find a replacement', I can see it coming a mile off.

The fact is that we have only spent £2m, whilst Spuds have spent the best part of £50m, and are still determined to keep their best player? Whose the club with ambition? It's a horrible fact, but Spurs are dong some great business and are going to move further away, f*cking Spurs.

We need investment to get top 4. We had one main summer target - Henry Mkih - and we couldnt even get to a face to face meeting, thats how bad our 'transfer team' is. After this we've had no real concerete interest in any other players who are going to add real quality to the first eleven, despite our 'list' of targets which the transfer team should have prepared. Diego Costa, maybe, but not convinced he is the answer.

We need action and fast. We need to stop penny pinching, looking for loan signings and failed players and show a signal of intent (how about Willian and Lass Diarra from Anzi!). Unfortuntely im convinved FSG are never going to sanction this, and another season of mediocrity is in the pipeline. 
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #10975: Aug 09, 2013 11:26:44 am
      "Ferdinand is undroppable at 36" Give us a break ffs. The longer that pr**k play's the better for everyone,a couple of good games either side of ban's,international retirement's,fake injuries and missing doping test's that's about it. Back on topic,let's hope J.W. stand's firm this time.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10976: Aug 09, 2013 12:11:27 pm
      Zidane, Ronaldinho, Buffon, Figo, Raul. I'm sure there are many, many more.

Also, Lampard's 35.
      Good catch - I know he's 2 years older than Gerrard, but for some reason I was thinking it was 35 year old Carra.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #10977: Aug 09, 2013 12:15:32 pm
      "Ferdinand is undroppable at 36" Give us a break ffs.
      Sure, just step away from the forums for a fortnight :D

The longer that pr**k play's the better for everyone,a couple of good games either side of ban's,international retirement's,fake injuries and missing doping test's that's about it.
      Not to mention the rock steady performances he's put in for about 20 years. Don't let your Man U bias blind you. Ferdinand might be a horrible person, but up to now, he's been a great defender. You might be right in saying Rooney is a tw@t, but he's also a great striker when he's on fire. Can't be denied.

Back on topic,let's hope J.W. stand's firm this time.

Yes
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #10978: Aug 09, 2013 01:33:37 pm
      Sure, just step away from the forums for a fortnight :D
      Not to mention the rock steady performances he's put in for about 20 years. Don't let your Man U bias blind you. Ferdinand might be a horrible person, but up to now, he's been a great defender. You might be right in saying Rooney is a tw@t, but he's also a great striker when he's on fire. Can't be denied.

Yes
      20year's of what. Over hype,over priced,over celebritied,over injured and not all of them years "over there"across the road. Good defender yes,undroppable your having a laugh. My Man U bias was born well back before that pr**k became undroppable as you say.
      Agree to disagree but this is about Fenway and fair fcuks to them on their stance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #10979: Aug 09, 2013 01:47:46 pm
      JWH is trying to encourage Real Madrid to bid with this statement,too late in the day to sell a player? Torres...& I thought we never sold to Champions League rivals,John?.

Very true, what happened there?

Scarey thought the owner claiming its too late in the window to find replacements,I guess we may not see further additions and players linked with us may be just lip service from the board.

Lip service or not mate the inference by JH is the hand in your pocket job is not required, isn't that handy for him?
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2013 02:18:33 pm by stuey »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10980: Aug 09, 2013 02:00:30 pm
      It only seems fair to admit that in THIS Instance, on THIS occasion, FSG have handled things very well so far. Still think a big signing would lift everyone (this Willian character would do the trick for me for instance), but fair play on the Suarez case.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #10981: Aug 09, 2013 02:09:27 pm
      20year's of what. Over hype,over priced,over celebritied,over injured and not all of them years "over there"across the road. Good defender yes,undroppable your having a laugh. My Man U bias was born well back before that pr**k became undroppable as you say.
      Agree to disagree but this is about Fenway and fair fcuks to them on their stance.

The point was not to argue the toss over whether or not Ferdinand is/was undroppable, I think he is, you think he isn't. That's just a difference in opinion - it happens

The point was that there are plenty of players playing at the top level well into their mid 30s, and so we can stop using the 'it's different for baseball players' as an explanation why FSG are not spending millions on players at LFC.

FSG need to splash some cash this season, and not just on baseball players
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #10982: Aug 09, 2013 02:10:42 pm
      It only seems fair to admit that in THIS Instance, on THIS occasion, FSG have handled things very well so far. Still think a big signing would lift everyone (this Willian character would do the trick for me for instance), but fair play on the Suarez case.

I'm going to wait until September 3rd before making any kind of judgement

I just don't trust the owners, and this transfer window will tell us a lot more about them.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #10983: Aug 09, 2013 02:12:13 pm

Can't see the Black Eyes Peas letting him go mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #10984: Aug 09, 2013 02:17:01 pm

If they had signed somebody in the mould of Suarez or an acknowledged wide man Mick I would agree with you.
      We don't know what the hell is going on right now but we still need the above.
      JWH could carry on like he did last time, all bluster and fine words then F**k off back to his Boston enclave for another twelve months. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2013 02:22:31 pm by stuey »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10985: Aug 09, 2013 02:29:27 pm
      Can't see the Black Eyes Peas letting him go mate.

Haha not that silly little f*cker, he's never off the telly in the UK. Even had him carrying to Olympic torch for a while. I'm not anti American even 1% but if you lot don't take him back soon I could convert!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10986: Aug 09, 2013 02:40:52 pm
      Haha not that silly little f*cker, he's never off the telly in the UK. Even had him carrying to Olympic torch for a while. I'm not anti American even 1% but if you lot don't take him back soon I could convert!

Hey f**k off, we've gotten stuck with Piers Morgan for Christ's sake ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #10987: Aug 09, 2013 03:43:58 pm
      Hey f**k off, we've gotten stuck with Piers Morgan for Christ's sake ;D

That's like some sort of mutual Faustian pact....with Simon Cowell as the child we have joint custody of. Jesus wept.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #10988: Aug 09, 2013 04:00:35 pm
      I'm going to wait until September 3rd before making any kind of judgement

I just don't trust the owners, and this transfer window will tell us a lot more about them.

So far I think we have a zero net spent his window now that Jay has moved to Bolton.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10989: Aug 09, 2013 04:06:32 pm
      So far I think we have a zero net spent his window now that Jay has moved to Bolton.

Time for John Henry to show his wallet is as deep as his bollocks are big following last nights statement.

Either that or he'll be kicked back smoking a cigar thinking 'Mugs, I took the TV money and I'll pocket the cash from Suarez's sale'. ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #10990: Aug 09, 2013 04:08:36 pm
      Time for John Henry to show his wallet is as deep as his bollocks are big following last nights statement.

Either that or he'll be kicked back smoking a cigar thinking 'Mugs, I took the TV money and I'll pocket the cash from Suarez's sale'. ;D

JH taking a leaf out of Houdini's book with misdirecting the audience.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10991: Aug 09, 2013 04:13:28 pm
      JH taking a leaf out of Houdini's book with misdirecting the audience.

I have to be honest I read last nights interview in Syril Sneers voice.

Was the cigar that done it.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #10992: Aug 09, 2013 04:32:38 pm

That did occur to me Shabs when I saw that deal was imminent.

Rather worrying.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10993: Aug 09, 2013 04:36:46 pm
      I'll wait until the transfer window has passed before I start getting excited by Henry's comments. If he has stuck to his word come then, then yesterday's comments are good yes. I'll take them with a pinch of salt for now.

I'm amazed so many are taking what he says as gospel though.

And the part where he suggested not having time to find a replacement? How long has Luis been running his gob for a move? Don't be surprised to see Luis sold towards the end of the window when its too late to replace him and the money can be stored away somewhere nice.

Can see it coming a mile off.

Quick Reply