Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2831314 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16882: Apr 21, 2015 03:41:22 pm
      The PR Dept soon got their arse in gear after the weekend didn't they?

All these "good news" stories suddenly appearing today. 

Brendan will be backed in the summer. 

£30m plus sales available. 

No intentions of sacking. 

Overhaul of the dreaded TC planned. 

Hendo set to agree new contract after saying it was put on hold till the summer

You cynic you Debs

;D

If only they knew as much about football as they do spin
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16883: Apr 21, 2015 03:42:02 pm

They said all that?
      Surely it shows they are listening, and surely that's a good thing?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16884: Apr 21, 2015 03:51:28 pm
      You cynic you Debs

;D

If only they knew as much about football as they do spin

Who me  ;)

They said all that?
      Surely it shows they are listening, and surely that's a good thing?

Wouldn't it be even better if the people actually running the Club realised these things, rather than waiting to hear it from the fans?

Come on mate you know about internal politics, how it works, who leaks what to which journo, we saw it in all it's glory during Rafa's time, and during the takeover.  It happens and it's very sad when it starts because as always it's the fans who suffer the turmoil of the battles.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16885: Apr 21, 2015 03:55:33 pm
      .  It happens and it's very sad when it starts because as always it's the fans who suffer the turmoil of the battles.

I don't think as a set of fans we have or ever will recover from the way we had to battle over H&G.. It's made us cynical and suspicious..
      There were and are deep wounds for the fan base that linger from that.

It's a shame but it is what it is.

The whole ownership that we have suffered in the last decade and that ultimately resides through football now has played a big part in ruining the game
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16886: Apr 21, 2015 03:59:26 pm
      £30Mill not even enough to buy 1 decent striker.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,376 posts | 4974 
      Reply #16887: Apr 21, 2015 04:02:30 pm
      Is the '£30M to spend' story really news though?

I'd have thought that amount, at least, was a given.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16888: Apr 21, 2015 04:03:53 pm
      I don't think as a set of fans we have or ever will recover from the way we had to battle over H&G.. It's made us cynical and suspicious..
      There were and are deep wounds for the fan base that linger from that.

It's a shame but it is what it is.

The whole ownership that we have suffered in the last decade and that ultimately resides through football now has played a big part in ruining the game

We're certainly battle weary both off and on the pitch by the looks of our play mate and agree on how football has been ruined.  You seen/heard about the protest being organised for the Hull away game, they're charging us £50 a ticket when Stoke were charged £16 and the Bitters £24 and last season it was £35.  That's shocking mate.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16889: Apr 21, 2015 04:05:05 pm
      Is the '£30M to spend' story really news though?

I'd have thought that amount, at least, was a given.

It's not really news hound stuff Si.. It what we spent net every season under them..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16890: Apr 21, 2015 04:08:53 pm
      We're certainly battle weary both off and on the pitch by the looks of our play mate and agree on how football has been ruined.  You seen/heard about the protest being organised for the Hull away game, they're charging us £50 a ticket when Stoke were charged £16 and the Bitters £24 and last season it was £35.  That's shocking mate.

Yes I shared a post on twitter about that, shocking. I dont get to games cos Im in scotland, I goto m'well games here & scotland games, but would not pay over £30 a ticket.

£50 for an away game OTT.

I just paid £50 for Imax tickets for 4 people for avengers for family, much better value than the footi. Families being priced out of the game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16891: Apr 21, 2015 04:19:09 pm

A midweek one too mate, just crazy that they expect people to pay it but then they do pay it or we wouldn't be protesting by boycott. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16892: Apr 21, 2015 04:22:44 pm
      A midweek one too mate, just crazy that they expect people to pay it but then they do pay it or we wouldn't be protesting by boycott. 

Add to that your travel and grub & drink, at least a ton for an away game, for 1 person, if its a family doo. oaft.. you could have a small holiday for those figures. ffs
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16893: Apr 21, 2015 04:25:09 pm
      Wouldn't it be even better if the people actually running the Club realised these things, rather than waiting to hear it from the fans?

Come on mate you know about internal politics, how it works, who leaks what to which journo, we saw it in all it's glory during Rafa's time, and during the takeover.  It happens and it's very sad when it starts because as always it's the fans who suffer the turmoil of the battles.

I daresay they did realise these things and have simply taken steps to reassure people by communicating this to them.

On the one hand we have people saying "JWH in his ivory tower, doesn't have a clue what's going on at the club because he's in Boston", then on the other hand when they show they are listening, it's just PR.

I'd be very surprised if JWH is lacking information, or anyone else for that matter (at the top).
      He's shown he's not afraid to bin something if it isn't working, but really only time will tell on that point, at least as far as the "committee" goes.

There are so many contradictions being thrown around, not to mention outright lies and bullshit, and I haven't posted about the semi because of the levels of vitriol and the hysteria on here.

We have so many people saying "FSG need to do X or Y or Z" and yet when they actually show they listen, it's just spin and PR?

As far as internal politics go, I'll point to what I've long said, which is that Ayre is far too political in his role and always has been.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16894: Apr 21, 2015 04:25:29 pm
      Add to that your travel and grub & drink, at least a ton for an away game, for 1 person, if its a family doo. oaft.. you could have a small holiday for those figures. ffs

Exactly mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16895: Apr 21, 2015 04:29:11 pm
      They must think becuase there is so money in the premiership with the TV deals, the normal punter has money, ffs, we are in a recession still, tory wa**s are cutting all sorts and minimum wage is not going up, ordinary man int street getting screwed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16896: Apr 21, 2015 04:48:19 pm
      I daresay they did realise these things and have simply taken steps to reassure people by communicating this to them.

On the one hand we have people saying "JWH in his ivory tower, doesn't have a clue what's going on at the club because he's in Boston", then on the other hand when they show they are listening, it's just PR.

I'd be very surprised if JWH is lacking information, or anyone else for that matter (at the top).
      He's shown he's not afraid to bin something if it isn't working, but really only time will tell on that point, at least as far as the "committee" goes.

There are so many contradictions being thrown around, not to mention outright lies and bullshit, and I haven't posted about the semi because of the levels of vitriol and the hysteria on here.

We have so many people saying "FSG need to do X or Y or Z" and yet when they actually show they listen, it's just spin and PR?

As far as internal politics go, I'll point to what I've long said, which is that Ayre is far too political in his role and always has been.

Of course they know what's being talked about amongst the fans, they were at pains to meet up with fans groups straight away.  They joined various forums as it's a perfect (free) way to get feedback directly from the horses mouths so to speak. 

As for the spin/pr stuff, that will always remain until they're seen to actually deliver on the football side.  Brendan has asked for it, Stevie has asked for it and now Carra's chipped in with it so maybe the suits need to start listening to the football guys rather than the stats guys and see where it takes us.

About Ayre, there's mumblings that he's going in the summer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16897: Apr 21, 2015 04:56:26 pm
      Of course they know what's being talked about amongst the fans, they were at pains to meet up with fans groups straight away.  They joined various forums as it's a perfect (free) way to get feedback directly from the horses mouths so to speak. 

As for the spin/pr stuff, that will always remain until they're seen to actually deliver on the football side.  Brendan has asked for it, Stevie has asked for it and now Carra's chipped in with it so maybe the suits need to start listening to the football guys rather than the stats guys and see where it takes us.

About Ayre, there's mumblings that he's going in the summer.

I'm not sure how they can deliver on the football side.
      They brought in a manager who has mostly won the plaudits of fans.
      Fact is, we needed a bigger squad after the trimming that was done.
      Given a choice (last summer) between a bigger squad or a couple of "superstars", I think we made the right choice, however that needs to change this summer and we have to take the next step.

Slightly off point, but you mentioned Carra. I think his statements are more about enhancing his media career, and to be honest he gets on my tits with some of the sh*te he comes out with, especially when he won't say anything about his mates on the team but is relentless in his criticism of newer players. The bollocks he came out with about Can is a good example.

If it's true about Ayre, it's long overdue.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,376 posts | 4974 
      Reply #16898: Apr 21, 2015 05:07:30 pm

Slightly off point, but you mentioned Carra. I think his statements are more about enhancing his media career, and to be honest he gets on my tits with some of the sh*te he comes out with, especially when he won't say anything about his mates on the team but is relentless in his criticism of newer players. The bollocks he came out with about Can is a good example.

Agree on this.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16899: Apr 21, 2015 05:13:38 pm

Add Standard Chartered extending their sponsorship to that list.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16900: Apr 21, 2015 05:25:33 pm
      Add Standard Chartered extending their sponsorship to that list.

Coming thick and fast after our latest footballing disappointment.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #16901: Apr 21, 2015 05:27:11 pm
      Coming thick and fast after our latest footballing disappointment.

Money talks Debbs.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,376 posts | 4974 
      Reply #16902: Apr 21, 2015 05:29:28 pm
      You have to hand it to them. These guys know how to work from a PR perspective.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #16903: Apr 21, 2015 05:30:36 pm
      You have to hand it to them. These guys know how to work from a PR perspective.

Yep, ask Kenny, lost his job defending of of his men.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16904: Apr 21, 2015 05:36:02 pm
      Yep, ask Kenny, lost his job defending of of his men.

Didn't KK demand lots of transfer money and then say "back me or sack me" when FSG expressed doubts?

Quick Reply