Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2768360 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22701: Jun 18, 2017 12:10:11 pm
      "Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years."
      Aye... your way was much much better JW. 😩

Still there's always next season right? The season when 'we' can all ignore the previous years and say your way has "been vindicated". 😴

"Much thought and investment already have gone into developing a self-sustaining pool of youngsters imbued in the club's traditions."

So... Johnny, 5 years on: where are they? 🤔

Give him credit mate, there way has seen us expensively finish just above mid table!

Makes me laugh when they talk about not being short sighted because of 'value'. Salah is about to cost us 35mill because we refused to pay 11mill a couple of years ago. But hey, at least we aren't getting ripped off and being short sighted :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22702: Jun 18, 2017 01:40:15 pm
      Give him credit mate, there way has seen us expensively finish just above mid table!

Makes me laugh when they talk about not being short sighted because of 'value'. Salah is about to cost us 35mill because we refused to pay 11mill a couple of years ago. But hey, at least we aren't getting ripped off and being short sighted :D

Now now, there's no way they could known Salah would tut it to be worth more than 11 million. It's not like they have a, team of computer analysts who's sole job is to predict how a player will develop over time! Oh hold on!!!!
      Mind you if we had bought him back then, we'd probably be looking to sell him on for a profit anyway.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22703: Jun 18, 2017 01:47:19 pm
      I'll make a prediction. Coutinho will be sold to barca, THEN we will see Van Dijk and Salah arrive. There's no way it will be happening without Coutinho being sold. Even if they were brought in first, it would be because a deal for Coutinho had already been agreed.

And of course it won't be FSG that sold him, Coutinho will have asked to leave. Because FSG aren't sell to but owners you know 👍
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2017 02:55:53 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #22704: Jun 18, 2017 01:58:14 pm
      I'll make a prediction. Coutinho will be sold to barca, THEN we will see Van Dijk and Salah arrive. There's no way it will be happening without Coutinho being sold. Even if they were brought in first, it would be because a deal for Coutinho had already been agreed.

And of course it won't be FSG that sold him, Coutinho well have asked to leave. Because FSG aren't sell to but owners you know 👍

Where the F**k did you get the crystal ball from?
      Hang on to it mate for next weeks national lottery.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #22705: Jun 18, 2017 02:07:55 pm

Our owners are a contradiction, at least in the way they conduct business at LFC.
      Said it before, if NESV treated their other assets similarly to LFC there is no way they could have an empire they have without using their own money.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22706: Jun 18, 2017 02:54:22 pm
      Where the F**k did you get the crystal ball from?
      Hang on to it mate for next weeks national lottery.

I have a gift for seeing the obvious mate 😉
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22707: Jun 18, 2017 08:46:56 pm
      I'd like Jürgen to come out and say something on the matter of these two transfers. Drop a little hint maybe ?

I'd rather we didn't have our laundry out in public for a change. Be nice to not hear anything from the club once in a while. Just get everything done behind the scenes, out of the public eye and then just announce some boss signings.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22708: Jun 20, 2017 09:50:25 am
      I'd rather we didn't have our laundry out in public for a change.
      Be nice to not hear anything from the club once in a while.

Just get everything done behind the scenes, out of the public eye and then just announce some boss signings.

The way we used to do it.
      Agreed.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22709: Jun 20, 2017 12:47:20 pm
      That maybe so. But at this very club he was heralded for doing exactly that. He practically set a precedent for every manager since. Every prospective manager must practically have it written on his CV that he is willing to publicise his discontent of his circumstances with club management. This particular precedent stick was used against the last incumbent who was accused himself of being a yes man, as he had to be practically grateful for the job he found himself in - and therefore could never rock that boat. Instead he lie side by side in bed with John Henry taking it gratefully up the bum tunnel. Now, Klopp finds himself in an equally precarious circumstance where management again seem to be tickling around his bum tunnel. Will he call them out on that or will he take entry to this area silently? If so, are we going to see those who used Rafa's precedent against BR, come out evenhandedly against Klopp for 'going along with FSG's actions, or lack of'? Will he do the now honourable thing that BR was supposed to do, and let us know that he and us by virtue of supporting this club are being fu**ed around by our austere owners in Boston?

I won't hold my breath.  ;)

As I can see it now, with Klopp in charge some of those very same people are trying to make excuses for FSG in the transfer market which of course in their mind insulates Klopp even more in the next twisted saga of our transfer fiasco's.  :D

Agree with every word. A little too much emphasis over "bum tunnels", should have had a warning  not to read during lunch...

But spot on sir.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #22710: Jun 20, 2017 05:22:15 pm

And of course it won't be FSG that sold him, Coutinho will have asked to leave. Because FSG aren't sell to but owners you know 👍

Your prediction is way off.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22711: Jun 20, 2017 05:33:52 pm

Care to make a £50.00 wager to Zoey's House to back up that prognostication?

Love to take you up on it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22712: Jun 20, 2017 06:55:56 pm

You know this how?

It's a prediction mate not a bet 😁
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22713: Jun 20, 2017 07:03:51 pm

I once made a £50 bet with someone in this forum.

I won but that person (*cough* Alfie2510 *cough*) never paid it.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #22714: Jun 20, 2017 10:07:17 pm

we signed Salah yet we didn't sell coutinho to sigh him.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22715: Jun 20, 2017 10:16:52 pm
      we signed Salah yet we didn't sell coutinho to sigh him.

Salah AND Van Dijk though? I said in order to sign both we'd need to sell Coutinho. I stand by that.

If we do sign both and keep Coutinho for the whole season ( not just until January) then I'll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong and give the owners credit. I'll be fecking delighted to be proved wrong believe me!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22716: Jun 20, 2017 10:20:30 pm
      Salah AND Van Dijk though? I said in order to sign both we'd need to sell Coutinho. I stand by that.

Sure you don't want to do that wager?  ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22717: Jun 20, 2017 10:29:16 pm

Sure you don't want to do that wager?  ;)

Gambling, Ted.
      Ruined me father and me grandfather.
      Both of them, Ted, died without a penny to their name.
      It won't happen to me. (Father Ted Season 2 episode 2) 😁
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22718: Jun 20, 2017 10:36:05 pm
      Gambling, Ted.

The car raffle episode by any chance??!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22719: Jun 20, 2017 11:02:50 pm
      The car raffle episode by any chance??!

Yup
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22720: Jun 20, 2017 11:07:03 pm
      Gambling, Ted.

I'll take 2,000
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #22721: Jun 21, 2017 12:58:52 am

If we do sign both and keep Coutinho for the whole season ( not just until January) then I'll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong and give the owners credit. I'll be fecking delighted to be proved wrong believe me!

Look at it another way, read something on Twitter saying Klopp has sanctioned the sale of Moreno for around £9.5 million with two German sides interested, we're still probably gonna sell Sakho imo between £20/£30 million, that pays for Salah straight off.

And Klopp is supposed to have transfer funds available to him which will probably cover VVD and possibly another signing, my guess is a left-back (although I suppose we could use Gomez as back up to Milner) if we go for a midfielder i.e Keita!

Can't see us selling Coutinho imo - as we'd already have Barca sniffing around for him if that was the case.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22722: Jun 23, 2017 04:09:55 am
      Well F***ing done!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22723: Jun 27, 2017 07:14:28 am
      Makes me laugh when they talk about not being short sighted because of 'value'. Salah (ed:) has cost us 35mill because we refused to pay 11mill a couple of years ago.

Sticks in the  throat that .

Whose watch was that on ?

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2017 07:20:27 am by MIRO »

Quick Reply