Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2794762 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32246: Oct 30, 2022 04:47:14 pm

Good old Rafa 😂
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #32247: Oct 30, 2022 05:01:18 pm

Some facts above ... cold ones. All caught up with us now though in spectacular style.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32248: Oct 30, 2022 05:04:22 pm
      Underinvested underinvested underinvested no need to say anymore
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #32249: Oct 30, 2022 05:11:54 pm

F***ing LOVE RAFA !
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #32250: Oct 30, 2022 05:15:25 pm
      https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

net spend of 92.4m in the last 5 seasons, average of 18.5m every season. Now im not saying that we should be spending for the sake of spending but you need to spend to remain on the top. I dont know how people can argue against spending?! Im not talking about owners putting their own money. Im talking about liverpool earnings. Surely we can afford more then 18.5m transfer budget every season. if not, then we are doing something wrong.

The trick is to keep improving, and you keep buying players that you think will improve the team. If some of those signings dont work, then you take the loss and sell the players on. Fergie did it, and now baldie is doing the exact same thing at city.

You know couple of seasons ago, when people were asking for signings and lack of signings then there were couple of posters that were saying that we dont need signings because there arent any players that improve the team back then. THats where we got it wrong, you keep looking for quality and you keep adding players to the squad. To me it was mind boggling to read posts from liverpool supporters, argue AGAINST adding more players to the squad.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32251: Oct 30, 2022 05:24:28 pm
      https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

net spend of 92.4m in the last 5 seasons, average of 18.5m every season. Now im not saying that we should be spending for the sake of spending but you need to spend to remain on the top. I dont know how people can argue against spending?! Im not talking about owners putting their own money. Im talking about liverpool earnings. Surely we can afford more then 18.5m transfer budget every season. if not, then we are doing something wrong.

The trick is to keep improving, and you keep buying players that you think will improve the team. If some of those signings dont work, then you take the loss and sell the players on. Fergie did it, and now baldie is doing the exact same thing at city.

You know couple of seasons ago, when people were asking for signings and lack of signings then there were couple of posters that were saying that we dont need signings because there arent any players that improve the team back then. THats where we got it wrong, you keep looking for quality and you keep adding players to the squad. To me it was mind boggling to read post from liverpool supporters, argue AGAINST adding more players to the squad.

People aren’t arguing against signing players - don’t think anyone would be against bringing in players if they are improving the squad

I just asked the simple question of where the extra money comes when we as a club spend all the money we make - it’s all in the accounts

So if we want to bring in players meaning we spend more than we make then where do those extra funds come from

Ferguson did it by spending the income the club brought in - Pep does it by spending state money through falsified sponsership

Now as we follow FfP - FFP allows the club a certain amount of allowable losses soaked up by loans or owners own money - our owners were quite clear that they wouldn’t be doing that

Now if the club is sitting on £100mil plus then it’s only fair to question why that’s not being spent but that doesn’t appear to be the case

So people basically want the club to spend beyond its means and have the owners swallow that debt
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32252: Oct 30, 2022 05:25:38 pm

You know couple of seasons ago, when people were asking for signings and lack of signings then there were couple of posters that were saying that we dont need signings because there arent any players that improve the team back then. THats where we got it wrong, you keep looking for quality and you keep adding players to the squad. To me it was mind boggling to read posts from liverpool supporters, argue AGAINST adding more players to the squad.

I say it again underinvested underinvested underinvested we all know it well except We know who
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32253: Oct 30, 2022 05:29:13 pm
      I say it again underinvested underinvested underinvested we all know it well except We know who

Ok it’s a simple question - where does the rest of the money come from to invest into the team beyond what we earn ?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #32254: Oct 30, 2022 05:34:24 pm

People aren’t arguing against signing players - don’t think anyone would be against bringing in players if they are improving the squad

I just asked the simple question of where the extra money comes when we as a club spend all the money we make - it’s all in the accounts

So if we want to bring in players meaning we spend more than we make then where do those extra funds come from

Ferguson did it by spending the income the club brought in - Pep does it by spending state money through falsified sponsership

Now as we follow FfP - FFP allows the club a certain amount of allowable losses soaked up by loans or owners own money - our owners were quite clear that they wouldn’t be doing that

Now if the club is sitting on £100mil plus then it’s only fair to question why that’s not being spent but that doesn’t appear to be the case

So people basically want the club to spend beyond its means and have the owners swallow that debt

I dont claim to know what the accounts says. are you telling me that we as one of the biggest clubs in the world can only earn about 19m for transfers every season, and the likes of everton and aston villa are beating us earning wise. Then these owners are doing a terrible job running the club.

Mate, people were posting and saying that we shouldnt bring in players and we shouldnt be spending for the sake of spending. I said it back then and il say it again. A team should never stop improving, and by improving i mean adding quality players all the time.

I honestly dont know the numbers and i dont claim to. How do arse, aston villa and everton have more net spend then us? Genuine question. If 19m is our transfer chest every season then where is the money going?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32255: Oct 30, 2022 05:41:55 pm
      I dont claim to know what the accounts says. are you telling me that we as one of the biggest clubs in the world can only earn about 19m for transfers every season, and the likes of everton and aston villa are beating us earning wise. Then these owners are doing a terrible job running the club.

Everton have made losses of over ÂŁ400mil during the last 3 seasons

Aston Villa have made around ÂŁ200mil of losses

They have also sold a fair amount of players as well

Both clubs have wage bills a lot lower also

We as a club have a wage bill of 2/3rds of the income

Mate, people were posting and saying that we shouldnt bring in players and we shouldnt be spending for the sake of spending. I said it back then and il say it again. A team should never stop improving, and by improving i mean adding quality players all the time.

Well we shouldn’t spend just for the sake of it and when players do arrive it’s the right ones for the team

In the past we have wasted millions on sh*t
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #32256: Oct 30, 2022 05:51:23 pm
      Everton have made losses of over ÂŁ400mil during the last 3 seasons

Aston Villa have made around ÂŁ200mil of losses

They have also sold a fair amount of players as well

Both clubs have wage bills a lot lower also

We as a club have a wage bill of 2/3rds of the income

Well we shouldn’t spend just for the sake of it and when players do arrive it’s the right ones for the team

In the past we have wasted millions on sh*t

Thats the thing tho. No one knows before we sign them. A signings is always a risk no matter whom you sign. If you want to stay at top then you need to take the risks of signings the players. In the future we will waste the money on signings, and thats something we as a club needs to accept if we want to win. Im not presenting a new idea here, its tested and done by great teams over and over again. The right player is a myth. There are alot of players out there that will improve our squad. We all are probably disagree on the players but there are players out there and i bet everything i own that JK too has players in the head whom he would like to have in the team.

I didnt not know about Villa and everton and their losses but how do we only have 19.2 millions as a net spend average for last five seasons? surely we can do better then that?

I dont expect you to agree on me because you feel very strongly for our owners, and you do you but no matter how you see it. 19 mil net spend is not enough to dominate this league, and the "right player in" is just a excuse.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32257: Oct 30, 2022 06:01:07 pm
      Thats the thing tho. No one knows before we sign them. A signings is always a risk no matter whom you sign. If you want to stay at top then you need to take the risks of signings the players. In the future we will waste the money on signings, and thats something we as a club needs to accept if we want to win. Im not presenting a new idea here, its tested and done by great teams over and over again. The right player is a myth. There are alot of players out there that will improve our squad. We all are probably disagree on the players but there are players out there and i bet everything i own that JK too has players in the head whom he would like to have in the team.

They are taking risks - signing Nunez for his fee is a risk but we have shown over the last 5/6 years that we don’t waste money

When a club is running to a self sufficient model then you really do need to be careful when you do spend and you have to make sure you are confident of the player

We spent fortunes on the likes of Carroll , Markovic , Benteke etc - a club can’t afford to waste that level of money

We as a club have to be near perfect when it comes to transfers. If we spend £50mil on a player it needs to work out - we don’t have the luxury of just going out and getting another one when it doesn’t

It’s a tough game and it’s one we have done very well recently

And yes Klopp will have players he wants and they will look to get them

I didnt not know about Villa and everton and their losses but how do we only have 19.2 millions as a net spend average for last five seasons? surely we can do better then that?

It’s not a simple as just looking at an average per season - the last 5 seasons the income has fluctuated hugely for a number of reasons. Last season for example we had a net spend of £50mil

The year before it was ÂŁ60mil

The year before we made a profit of ÂŁ30mil

Got to look at each season in its own right

It doesn’t take into account contact extensions etc which include signing on fees
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #32258: Oct 30, 2022 06:12:55 pm
      its more than embarrasing that anyone would defend and support billionaire owners more than the club itself. The world is in a mess and whilst we all wonder what the New year will bring and if we can pay our bills they are  getting richer and richer and the back drop to this is Liverpool a City that has had ÂŁ500mil of cuts per year in the last ten years and more to come has  JH and his mates continue to increase their personal wealth by ÂŁ800mil for JH in a Covid year how they have the gaul to even show their faces is beyond me.
      Now we have a die hard devotee of them continuing to defend the indefensible whilst we face a crisis at the club due to lack of player investment and investment into players who come with the correct amount of talent and experience.  I am sure his own bank account only shows expenditure and no income  as he continues to deny the reality of NET SPEND. f***in sick of it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #32259: Oct 30, 2022 06:14:16 pm

I dont expect you to agree on me because you feel very strongly for our owners, and you do you but no matter how you see it. 19 mil net spend is not enough to dominate this league, and the "right player in" is just a excuse.

he is the Walter Mitty of the forum and its just no use trying to reason with him he is part of the FSG Cult
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32260: Oct 30, 2022 06:33:35 pm

Sorry also to add

“Feel strongly for our owners”

Just to clarify - I believe they have made some poor choices and mistakes over the last 5 years and were rightly critisized for them

But it’s hard to be critical of an owner just because they aren’t spending their own personal money which is what it narrows down to for many

The owners are running the club exactly how they said they won’t when they bought the club - self sustaining, that hasn’t changed.

There is only one club “dominating” the league -Man City and why ? Because they are state funded and have financially cheated

Do you recall when Klopp was caught with the approach to VVD - we pulled out of the deal and then didn’t buy anyone else , people were going mad because we didn’t move onto another target yet Klopp clearly was adamant that VVD was the right player so they waited for him. That’s a perfect example of the right player

And the net spend

I use this website

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Season 16/17

Net spend = + ÂŁ5Mil

17/18

Net spend  = + ÂŁ9mil

18/19

Net Spend = -ÂŁ129mil

19/20

Net Spend = + ÂŁ30mil

20/21

Net Spend = - ÂŁ60mil

21/22

Net Spend = -ÂŁ50mil

22/23

Net spend ( so far ) = -ÂŁ15mil

Now looking at those figures that to me says there is money there for the manager to spend

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32261: Oct 30, 2022 07:19:11 pm
      Sorry also to add

“Feel strongly for our owners”

Just to clarify - I believe they have made some poor choices and mistakes over the last 5 years and were rightly critisized for them

But it’s hard to be critical of an owner just because they aren’t spending their own personal money which is what it narrows down to for many

The owners are running the club exactly how they said they won’t when they bought the club - self sustaining, that hasn’t changed.

There is only one club “dominating” the league -Man City and why ? Because they are state funded and have financially cheated

Do you recall when Klopp was caught with the approach to VVD - we pulled out of the deal and then didn’t buy anyone else , people were going mad because we didn’t move onto another target yet Klopp clearly was adamant that VVD was the right player so they waited for him. That’s a perfect example of the right player

And the net spend

I use this website

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Season 16/17

Net spend = + ÂŁ5Mil

17/18

Net spend  = + ÂŁ9mil

18/19

Net Spend = -ÂŁ129mil

19/20

Net Spend = + ÂŁ30mil

20/21

Net Spend = - ÂŁ60mil

21/22

Net Spend = -ÂŁ50mil

22/23

Net spend ( so far ) = -ÂŁ15mil

Now looking at those figures that to me says there is money there for the manager to spend

You’re quite confusing with your posts. One minute you state there’s no more money in the pot than what we’ve spent so far and you’re asking reds where it is. Then the next minute you say actually there is money to spend and they will back klopp accordingly.

And with VVD we broke all kinds of rules tapping him up. Klopp even met him. We publicly apologised and promised to leave him alone. It was all rather embarrassing. Then we go back literally a few months later with a huge offer of 75m and bullied Southampton into selling. Quite funny really. Remember a few days ago when I said every player has their price? Thanks for using him as an example for me.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #32262: Oct 30, 2022 07:20:29 pm
      Ok it’s a simple question - where does the rest of the money come from to invest into the team beyond what we earn ?
      From new owners
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32263: Oct 30, 2022 07:25:28 pm
      You’re quite confusing with your posts. One minute you state there’s no more money in the pot than what we’ve spent so far and you’re asking reds where it is. Then the next minute you say actually there is money to spend and they will back klopp accordingly.

Sorry but when did I say “there is no more money in the pot ? “

Nor have I asked someone where it is ?

I asked if people want the club to spend more than it makes where does that money come from

And with VVD we broke all kinds of rules tapping him up. Klopp even met him. We publicly apologised and promised to leave him alone. It was all rather embarrassing. Then we go back literally a few months later with a huge offer of 75m and bullied Southampton into selling. Quite funny really. Remember a few days ago when I said every player has their price? Thanks for using him as an example for me.

The same VVD that was pretty much refusing to play for Southampton anymore forcing Southampton to sell - the player was also forcing the move to go through.

I don’t believe we “bullied” Southampton into selling - the player helped force the move through and we paid extra because of what happened in the summer
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32264: Oct 30, 2022 07:26:55 pm

What new owners ? The club isn’t being sold and FSG don’t appear to be wanting to sell the club

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32265: Oct 30, 2022 07:27:08 pm

I honestly dont know the numbers and i dont claim to. How do arse, aston villa and everton have more net spend then us? Genuine question. If 19m is our transfer chest every season then where is the money going?

Their level of debt is much higher than ours. The debate is whether the club should be prepared to risk a bit of debt. FSG have always been pretty upfront about their methods
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #32266: Oct 30, 2022 07:30:23 pm

The F***ing idiot refuses to accept FSG have contributed no more than the initial monies to acquire LFC.
      He no doubt does but it doesn't fit in with his wind up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #32267: Oct 30, 2022 07:33:40 pm
      The f**king idiot refuses to accept FSG have contributed no more than the initial monies to acquire LFC.
      He no doubt does but it doesn't fit in with his wind up.

I think you struggle to read - I don’t think anyone has stated that the owners have spent anything from their own pocket beyond the initial buy 🤷‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #32268: Oct 30, 2022 07:35:36 pm
      Their level of debt is much higher than ours. The debate is whether the club should be prepared to risk a bit of debt. FSG have always been pretty upfront about their methods

Nothing wrong with a sustainable debt, the description qualifies a manageable overspend.

Quick Reply