Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795335 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33281: Apr 12, 2023 05:52:11 pm
      How much money do you think they have just sitting in a bank 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

And which person from FSG ? Henry ? James ? Redbird ?

Do you think itā€™s that simple
      Yes it is as simple as you want to make
      But hey we been down this road before when you tried to convince me they had no money 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33282: Apr 12, 2023 05:52:52 pm
      Oooohhhhh. There it is. I have hit a nerve, I was wondering when you'd trot out the old "I sit in the stands for every game" line. I don't think I've seen you mention it today.

I may be "just some internet fan" but at least I don't go to sleep each night wanking to a picture of John Henry while clutching  my NESV/FSG halfy-half scarf.

Maybe when you have put your heart into the club and actually been there through the hard times you can hand out lectures about how people support the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33283: Apr 12, 2023 05:53:28 pm
      Yes it is as simple as you want to make
      But hey we been down this road before when you tried to convince me they had no money 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

So how much money do they have sat in banks - not talking about assets , talking about cash balance
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #33284: Apr 12, 2023 06:16:21 pm
      Maybe when you have put your heart into the club and actually been there through the hard times you can hand out lectures about how people support the club.

What does that mean? "put your heart into the club"?

How is that measured? Is that something where I have to provide you with a CV of my supporting activities and you can sign off on whether I've done enough for you to rubber stamp my super fan card?

What kind of a f**king muppet are you really?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33285: Apr 12, 2023 06:23:07 pm

I have no doubt that come august multiple players that Klopp wanted will be at the club

Right, but hopefully they are not his 3rd or 5th and 6th choices.

And regarding Klopp walking if not backed, he'd have gone before now if that was true, he's said months ago he hasn't been backed the way he wanted to be.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33286: Apr 12, 2023 06:25:50 pm
      Right, but hopefully they are not his 3rd or 5th and 6th choices.

And regarding Klopp walking if not backed, he'd have gone before now if that was true, he's said months ago he hasn't been backed the way he wanted to be.

I donā€™t think any manager or club ever gets their first choice all the time - or even second choice , many factors in there.

Iā€™m not sure he has said that he hasnā€™t been backed the way he wanted to be ?

Klopp was very clear in the summer and we all know how stubborn at times he is when it comes to players arriving
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33287: Apr 12, 2023 06:27:54 pm
      What does that mean? "put your heart into the club"?

How is that measured? Is that something where I have to provide you with a CV of my supporting activities and you can sign off on whether I've done enough for you to rubber stamp my super fan card?

What kind of a f**king muppet are you really?

There is so many ways to respond but tell me what make you feel you can question someoneā€™s support of the club when you do it from a PC
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33288: Apr 12, 2023 06:29:42 pm
      I donā€™t think any manager or club ever gets their first choice all the time - or even second choice , many factors in there.

Iā€™m not sure he has said that he hasnā€™t been backed the way he wanted to be ?

Klopp was very clear in the summer and we all know how stubborn at times he is when it comes to players arriving

Well I think it is not to much of a stretch to say Bellingham is, or certainly was, 1st on the list
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33289: Apr 12, 2023 06:38:44 pm
      Well I think it is not to much of a stretch to say Bellingham is, or certainly was, 1st on the list

I suspect he was no 1 on the list for him , donā€™t think there is a doubt about that

I also think he potentially had too much faith in other midfielders hence why he may have thought they only needed Bellingham to move forward - that thinking may well have changed
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #33290: Apr 12, 2023 07:16:55 pm
      How much money do you think they have just sitting in a bank 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

And which person from FSG ? Henry ? James ? Redbird ?

Do you think itā€™s that simple

How do they find the money to do anything in their lives, business or otherwise, if they are multibillion dollar organisation run by billionaires and multimillionaires? What % of their total assets would a fee of Bellingham proportions represent before they take their Ā£3bn and how much after the windfall? What is the cost of failing to make the CL Vs spending on players to prevent that? Why does Pinnochio's nose grow?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33291: Apr 12, 2023 07:24:19 pm
      How do they find the money to do anything in their lives, business or otherwise, if they are multibillion dollar organisation run by billionaires and multimillionaires? What % of their total assets would a fee of Bellingham proportions represent before they take their Ā£3bn and how much after the windfall? What is the cost of failing to make the CL Vs spending on players to prevent that? Why does Pinnochio's nose grow?

Well the last time they did anything was buying a NHL team and they used funds form selling off a % of their company to bring in the Ā£500mil.

Any ā€œwindfallā€ is only realised when something within their company is sold - having an asset worth doesnā€™t mean that there is that level of ā€œcashā€ sat there,

They all have their own money but itā€™s not at the level for them to be able to spend Ā£100ā€™s of millions - they arenā€™t like the oil rich who have billions of disposable cash sat there.

If people keep shouting for them to spend their own money - how much do they think they have there sat ready to spend ? And we arenā€™t talking about asset wealth or what the club can be sold for etc - what is the cash balance that FSG have in there bank account that can be used to buy Bellingham etc
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #33292: Apr 12, 2023 07:37:59 pm
      Well the last time they did anything was buying a NHL team and they used funds form selling off a % of their company to bring in the Ā£500mil.

Any ā€œwindfallā€ is only realised when something within their company is sold - having an asset worth doesnā€™t mean that there is that level of ā€œcashā€ sat there,

They all have their own money but itā€™s not at the level for them to be able to spend Ā£100ā€™s of millions - they arenā€™t like the oil rich who have billions of disposable cash sat there.

If people keep shouting for them to spend their own money - how much do they think they have there sat ready to spend ? And we arenā€™t talking about asset wealth or what the club can be sold for etc - what is the cash balance that FSG have in there bank account that can be used to buy Bellingham etc

Yup. Sounds to me like a genuine account of why they haven't got enough financial clout to help strengthen, sorry, almost completely rebuild Liverpool FC. And that's fair enough. It is what it is. And because it is what it is, they need to sell up and leave.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33293: Apr 12, 2023 07:43:49 pm
      Yup. Sounds to me like a genuine account of why they haven't got enough financial clout to help strengthen, sorry, almost completely rebuild Liverpool FC. And that's fair enough. It is what it is. And because it is what it is, they need to sell up and leave.

So does it mean that for clubs to be successful they now need to spend more than a club can make ?

For any club it needs to have a rich billionaire who is willing to dip into pockets or swallow up lots of debt ?

Can we not rebuild without them dipping in , is there not the scope of buying smart

Did we not do it before ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #33294: Apr 12, 2023 08:05:12 pm

So how much money do they have sat in banks - not talking about assets , talking about cash balance

Well as of, think it was 20/20 Forbes put your mate. JWH net worth at around 4 billion thatā€™s just his , without the others now Iā€™m sure your going to say a lot of that is assets which is probably correct but Iā€™m pretty confident in saying out of that total heā€™s got a couple of bob lying about in loose change , look you wonā€™t have it but when you own something you have to spend some of your own on it thatā€™s how life works ,
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33295: Apr 12, 2023 08:06:18 pm

The sooner the better
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #33296: Apr 12, 2023 08:09:25 pm
      So does it mean that for clubs to be successful they now need to spend more than a club can make ?

For any club it needs to have a rich billionaire who is willing to dip into pockets or swallow up lots of debt ?

Can we not rebuild without them dipping in , is there not the scope of buying smart

Yes we did it before and you know full well how them players got funded , and the bar has been well and truly raised
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33297: Apr 12, 2023 08:10:26 pm

Well as of, think it was 20/20 Forbes put your mate. JWH net worth at around 4 billion thatā€™s just his , without the others now Iā€™m sure your going to say a lot of that is assets which is probably correct but Iā€™m pretty confident in saying out of that total heā€™s got a couple of bob lying about in loose change , look you wonā€™t have it but when you own something you have to spend some of your own on it thatā€™s how life works ,

Yes he will have some of his own money but itā€™s not the level of personal funds that buy football players. And FSG is more than just Henry

Henry net worth is in the assets that FSG own

And a company owning a football club doesnā€™t mean they have to spend their own personal money on buying players - itā€™s a sports business that self finances through the revenue it earns.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33298: Apr 12, 2023 08:11:18 pm
      Yes we did it before and you know full well how them players got funded , and the bar has been well and truly raised

Yes we got those players through the revenue earned by the club - and even at one stage when we didnā€™t have champions league football.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #33299: Apr 12, 2023 08:11:28 pm

No. I don't think we can rebuild without them dipping in.

Rebuilt before? Yes, with a  great scouting team and by selling Couts for Ā£140m. This summer we barely have a scouting team, a midfield which is the worst I have seen, I think, ever, and we ain't selling Phillips for Ā£140m. Let the rebuild begin!

Edit: As for buying smart, the last 12 months have been a mess.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #33300: Apr 12, 2023 08:12:42 pm
      Lallana is correct about one thing though is to never believe any journalist ever again when it comes to our transfers. They are already selling the idea to our fans that we are in for Barella what utter joke to think a player like Barella is ever going to leave Italy.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #33301: Apr 12, 2023 08:16:40 pm

he is one of the experts on everything you cant discuss anything and he slags off people for being thousands of miles away for not attending games as if he has been to many .
      Billionaires dont have cash they have Assets and investments cash loses money assets gain in value just look at the Ā£3billion plus they have made here.
      They are bored with Liverpool they cant be arsed to attend games and if they had a project that needed a few billion to buy it we would have been sold but money in the bank is not what they are about.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33302: Apr 12, 2023 08:17:27 pm
      No. I don't think we can rebuild without them dipping in.

Rebuilt before? Yes, with a  great scouting team and by selling Couts for Ā£140m. This summer we barely have a scouting team, a midfield which is the worst I have seen, I think, ever, and we ain't selling Phillips for Ā£140m. Let the rebuild begin!

Edit: As for buying smart, the last 12 months have been a mess.

We have bought a heck of a lot more players than what selling Coutinho provided

90% of the team that won the title and CL was bought outside that

And how many scouts have we lost? Thought it was just a video analyst that left ?

The window isnā€™t here yet and its being dismissed - letā€™s at least wait and see what happens
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #33303: Apr 12, 2023 08:21:01 pm
      We have bought a heck of a lot more players than what selling Coutinho provided

90% of the team that won the title and CL was bought outside that

And how many scouts have we lost? Thought it was just a video analyst that left ?

The window isnā€™t here yet and its being dismissed - letā€™s at least wait and see what happens
      Yes, let's wait and see what happens this summer.

Thing is, Bellingham looks to be a genuine "once in a generation" player. He looks to have everything. Is it really that absurd to want FSG to dip in and find the money for this "once in a generation" player? Our midfield would be sorted for the next 15 years with him in the centre. Just once it would be nice to see FSG surprise, everyone.

Just once.

Edit: Or sell him to Madrid for Ā£200m in three to four years time. Everyone wins.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2023 08:27:34 pm by Rush »

Quick Reply