Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Manchester United linked with Liverpool's Fernando Torres

Read 12880 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Manchester United linked with Liverpool's Fernando Torres
      Reply #92: Oct 20, 2010 12:31:40 pm
      ^^
      This and why would he jumped ship from us, a club that is almost debt free for another yet bigger debt-ridden club? At least here he's surrounded by a crop of young and promising players while looking at Rooney now, he's in a pool of old horses.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #93: Oct 20, 2010 12:35:18 pm
      Torres would not go to Utd it is never going to happen. They are selling Rooney because they are broke and by planting the story about not allowing him to go to City they are trying to get City to call their bluff by offering gazillions. THey are starting a bidding war, getting Fergies  friends Ancellotti and Mourinho to  express interest to drive up the price and make it look like everyones in for him. Ferguson reads Psychology for dunnies and thinks he's Freud
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #94: Oct 20, 2010 12:57:39 pm
      Torres would not go to Utd it is never going to happen. They are selling Rooney because they are broke and by planting the story about not allowing him to go to City they are trying to get City to call their bluff by offering gazillions. THey are starting a bidding war, getting Fergies  friends Ancellotti and Mourinho to  express interest to drive up the price and make it look like everyones in for him. Ferguson reads Psychology for dunnies and thinks he's Freud

This....

shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #95: Oct 20, 2010 03:18:30 pm
      I know Torres love's the fan's but I'm scared that this could really happen for several reasons.

1. Woy's team shape and tactics will never get the best out of Torres and I think the player already knows this.
      2. Woy's constant ploy of putting pressure on Torres by bleating on and on about his lack of confidence while deflecting the focus from himself.
      3. Woy's refusal to defend him against cheat allegations (though he did eventually.....too late!)
      4. He left his boyhood team to win trophies. Even Stevie Wonder can see we ain't winning f***k all with old uncle Woy at the helm.
      5. Carra n Gerrard, our very own uncle Woy fan club constantly on his case when he clearly isn't happy playing in this backward system.

As long as Woy is our boss I think Torres has to move on for the sake of his own career. I only hope one of the big Spanish or Italian clubs come in for him as it would be heart breaking to see him in a rival shirt.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #96: Oct 20, 2010 03:20:40 pm
      I know Torres love's the fan's but I'm scared that this could really happen for several reasons.

1. Woy's team shape and tactics will never get the best out of Torres and I think the player already knows this.
      2. Woy's constant ploy of putting pressure on Torres by bleating on and on about his lack of confidence while deflecting the focus from himself.
      3. Woy's refusal to defend him against cheat allegations (though he did eventually.....too late!)
      4. He left his boyhood team to win trophies. Even Stevie Wonder can see we ain't winning f***k all with old uncle Woy at the helm.
      5. Carra n Gerrard, our very own uncle Woy fan club constantly on his case when he clearly isn't happy playing in this backward system.

As long as Woy is our boss I think Torres has to move on for the sake of his own career. I only hope one of the big Spanish or Italian clubs come in for him as it would be heart breaking to see him in a rival shirt.

Calm down, do you really think we'd accept an offer from the Mancs for our best player? Our player who sells the most shirts? Our player who we need to build a team around?

We don't need to sell him anymore because the massive debt problem is gone. If he leaves it won't be to United.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #97: Oct 20, 2010 03:48:29 pm

The scum are only a little way behind where we were before we got rid of Hicks, Gillette and Purslime.

Their squad already looks fatally weakened and judging from the response of Ferguson, who looked as sick as if he'd lost his last bottle of scotch yesterday, even he can see the writing on the wall too.

Why would Nando want to jump ship from Anfield where we've just excised the cancer from our club to one which is in the process of being engulfed by the conflagration that is the Glazers.

Yeah it all makes perfect sense.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #98: Oct 20, 2010 11:47:14 pm
      How come Torres is WORTH £29MILLION less than rooney, is it because he plays for us.united always seem to get the big bucks .Anyway if Torres goes it will be back to spain.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #99: Oct 20, 2010 11:56:00 pm
      Roy done a good job of dampening this speculation.  :roll:

We're gonna have to put up with this sh*te story all year now because of that man.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #100: Oct 21, 2010 12:08:05 am
      His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres.
      You'll Never Walk Alone it said, Torres, Torres.
      We bought the lad from sunny spain, and then JD went and locked the thread.
      Fernando Torres - Liverpool's number 9.

Liverpool would not sell Torres to United (despite what Roy Hodgson says)
      United can't afford him (Torres under contract worth more than granny shagger Rooney who can go for £5M in May).
      Media are full of bullshit.

Topic may be reopened when the transfer board reopens and if something interesting happens.  Until then, why needlessly speculate just because the United media are unhappy about Rooney.  Don't panic about their concern over their debt-ridden club. Rise above it.

Quick Reply