Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC fans stabbed by Italian hooligans

Read 13346 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: LFC fans stabbed by Italian hooligans
      Reply #23: Oct 21, 2010 10:54:52 am
      Apologies for the translation from that Napoli newspaper (Google hasn't done a bad job so thought it was valuable to post)

Napoli fans hunt for England fans: stones thrown at tourists mistaken for hooligans
      NAPLES (21 October) - Two episodes of aggression against Liverpool fans on the night in Naples on the eve of the Champions League match for which he has already implemented a plan-unprecedented security, with the block sale of alcohol in many business and not only in bars. One of the wounded is the owner of the restaurant and not an English tourist, as he had learned in the first instance, the injured person during the night in front of a restaurant Mezzocannone street in central Naples. Carmine tranches, 28, owner of the restaurant 'Into or core, "was released to the streets to calm a mob who were throwing stones and bottles at the intent of 15 British tourists to dine in his restaurant when he was attacked and beaten.

Taken to the hospital the doctors found bruises and wounds the ear and left hand to heal within seven days.

But around one o'clock, along Corso Umberto, a dozen young men armed with sticks and at least a knife, attacked and wounded two Englishmen.

The two victims, Ian Lee Friar, 44, prison guard and Philip Alexander Phillips, 53, were both found to heal within 10 days from the health Loreto Mare Hospital where they were taken after the attack.

They reported, respectively, lacerocontusa a wound to the skull and cut the puncture wounds and left buttock, thigh and right occipital region. For Phillips it was necessary while the patient was discharged Friar.
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #24: Oct 21, 2010 11:08:48 am
      Its ridiculous.
      Hope everyone is ok.
      Y.N.W.A
      redfletch
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #25: Oct 21, 2010 11:09:12 am
      I wish the people involved a very speedy recovery every red will be thinking about you , But when is UEFA gunna get off it's anti english arse and do somethin about these fuc*in loonatics because we know quite well if a english fan so much as farts in europe we are threatened with a ban and if anything it's english fans that have cleaned up their act the most yet they seem to get away with anythin , i also seem to remember a police officer being murdered the other year over there and yet no harsh punishment from the bias inept UEFA , JOKE !
      Ghirghis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 21, 2010 11:11:41 am
      Well mates,
      The problem is that some would tar all of Napoli supporters. And this can be dangerous both in Naples and Anfield. I know Reds have great and polite fans, but any fan groups have "rotten apples". Hope nothing will happen in L'pool, and mainly no innocent people will be involved, just cuz of a f**king groups of assholes which dared to attack unoffensive and pacific fans. How can they stab people? They are not our supporters, they are just shame of our city!
      Anyway fortunately we are in Europe, so none will bother innocent and uninvolved people. Do you know that Italian sport judge uses to disqualify our stadium just for 20-30 f**king jerks? When Roma or Juventus supporters act much worse no serious sanctions are taken. Italian sport justice really have double standards!
      Anyway, I wish you a great match. Really hope players will behave as professionals. This sh*t should be erased from football.  

Some comments posted in our forum (tuttonapoli.net)
      "These assholes that aggressed Liverpool fans deserve to be killed on the electric chair ON THE SPOT and without any regular proceedings whatsoever. Such beasts are our city's destruction. I wish them to have a car accident in next 4 minutes and die smashed by an articulated lorry. Bloody them"
      "I suggest to throw these stubbers in the piles of wastes that are in our city".
      "Solidarity to L'pool fans"

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #27: Oct 21, 2010 11:13:23 am
      Dear Liverpool fans,
      I am a Napoli supporter. I want to apologise on behalf of all of the civil and correct Napoli supporters for the coward and stupid aggressions undergone by Liverpool fans yesterday night.
      Those people are not Napoli supporters, they just want to obstruct our president's plans. They just boycott our team and have no brain. None of us is so damned. We want to be in peace with Reds supporters and will be happy to meet you in Anfield.
      Plz accept our apologies
      Hello Napoli fans, thanks for the apology but we know its a minority, and I'm sure most of you are upset about these attacks on our fans.
      Why is your newspaper 'Il Mattino Napoli' stirring up hatred in its article saying 1000 LFC hooligans are about decsend
      on your beautiful city, when all the fans want to do is watch a football match.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #28: Oct 21, 2010 11:14:50 am
      Wish the lads a speedy recovery but not entirely shocked that its happened. When will the people in charge kick out teams as punishment for this and not just give out a joke of a fine

YNWA get well soon
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: Oct 21, 2010 11:22:24 am
      A disgrace, this goes on far too often in European matches nowadays.

I wish a speedy recovery to all the injured people, supporters or not.
      Ghirghis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 21, 2010 11:22:52 am
      Hello Napoli fans, thanks for the apology but we know its a minority, and I'm sure most of you are upset about these attacks on our fans.
      Why is your newspaper 'Il Mattino Napoli' stirring up hatred in its article saying 1000 LFC hooligans are about decsend
      on your beautiful city, when all the fans want to do is watch a football match.
      could you please report the entire sentence? I don't think they are stirring up hatred... Maybe you didn't get the meaning in Italian. Online newspapers are just blaming the small stupid groups
      PzR Dark Moon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 21, 2010 11:27:37 am
      I hope everyone is ok after this horrible incident

Dont know if this link has been posted but here it is:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21102010/58/europa-league-liverpool-fans-stabbed-naples.html
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Oct 21, 2010 11:30:28 am
      could you please report the entire sentence? I don't think they are stirring up hatred... Maybe you didn't get the meaning in Italian. Online newspapers are just blaming the small stupid groups

This is the claims your media made prior to the incidents. It only acts to provoke a reaction from sectors in the area...

The attacks came after an article printed in the newspaper Il Mattino Napoli branded Liverpool fans as hooligans.

A report yesterday had the headline: “Naples, the arrival of Liverpool and hooligans. Police: Stop sales of alcohol.”

The report read: “Naples will host Liverpool in tomorrow night’s Europa League, and the city expects around 1,000 hooligans from one of the most violent fringes of English football supporters.

Liverpool are far from the most violent fringes of English football supporters.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #33: Oct 21, 2010 11:48:51 am
      Thanks racerx34, beat me to it :-[
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 21, 2010 11:52:09 am
      Italian scum, i hope you get fu**ed over tonight.

For all those who were attacked, speedy recovery and they are in all of our thoughts. YNWA
      Ghirghis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 21, 2010 12:07:07 pm
      This is the claims your media made prior to the incidents. It only acts to provoke a reaction from sectors in the area...

The attacks came after an article printed in the newspaper Il Mattino Napoli branded Liverpool fans as hooligans.

A report yesterday had the headline: “Naples, the arrival of Liverpool and hooligans. Police: Stop sales of alcohol.”

The report read: “Naples will host Liverpool in tomorrow night’s Europa League, and the city expects around 1,000 hooligans from one of the most violent fringes of English football supporters.

Liverpool are far from the most violent fringes of English football supporters.
      Italian press is a crap! They just want to provoke and stir up hatred. Also between Italian cities and teams. Do you know Italy is not a nation and does not have any identity? There are several nations posted on a map and merged into a unique Country. Internal rivalry is ordinary. What a crap mate. Press is unsensitive.
      I live betweeen Naples and Lisbon. Last year L'pool supporters came to Lisbon. No problem AT ALL. Unfortunately some branches of supporters don't have any brain, so they took "il mattino" words as a challenge, a stupid, dangerous and useless challenge. Italian journalists suck, except 10% of them, and they hold their offices just pulling strings or cu they were well-connected :(
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 21, 2010 12:10:44 pm
      F***ing typical shitbag italians horrible cu*ts should have been banned years ago.

hope the two lads are ok.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #37: Oct 21, 2010 12:12:02 pm
      Wishing them lads a quick recovery, YNWA
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #38: Oct 21, 2010 12:16:22 pm
      One has been released from hospital, the other is still there after getting stabbed in the head but wants to be let out to see the match.

Best not to react to this provocation from a minority and show them better hospitality in a fortnight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #39: Oct 21, 2010 12:19:37 pm
      One has been released from hospital, the other is still there after getting stabbed in the head but wants to be let out to see the match.

Best not to react to this provocation from a minority and show them better hospitality in a fortnight.

There supposedly bringing 3-5,000 over for the return game, can see some old school fellas coming out of retirement for this.

Although if you went over there expecting there not to be trouble, then you'd be naive in the extreme.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Oct 21, 2010 12:23:47 pm
      Hope the lads make a speedy recovery, but remember fellow reds two wrongs don't make a right.

We need European football to compete at the top level, lets not get barred from Europe again.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: Oct 21, 2010 12:24:31 pm
      My thoughts and prayers are with those Liverpool fans, who went to watch our beloved club and got attacked by scum. Nothing else matters. YNWA

My sentiments Racer.
      LittleMissTorres92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      • Cream Always Rises to the Top! :)
      Reply #42: Oct 21, 2010 12:30:03 pm
      Hope all theguys are ok. We wish them a speedy recovery :)

It makes you think doesn't it. What is world coming to?
      It really is only a game at the end of the day.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #43: Oct 21, 2010 12:36:39 pm
      I travel to Italy a lot for work, and have been to a Seria B game  it was top of the table clash (Brescia v Pisa), and F**k me was it an eye opener. it was like going back in time to the eighties.

The stadium was a crumbling relic. Both sets of fans were heavily segregated.  They had soft netting in front, to the sides and above their heads, in their particular area.  this was to stop any missiles being thrown out or in.

They even had to segregate to sets of Ultras who both supported Brescia!!!!  Bloody madness.

My friend who took me went down later that season to the away fixture. The stadium in Pisa was a similar crumbling relic  His coach was attacked several times and there were pitch battles in the street between rival ultras of both teams, the same team and also the police.  he sent me loads of photos.  his coach was quite badly damaged.

Did we here about this from UEFA??  Of course not.  was it on television?? Of course not!  would it have been in the media and reported throughout Europe if it had happened here?? Of course it would.

Italian football clubs have big problems with some of the fans, and the clubs and authorities will not deal with it.

Attendances are terrible, as many people are to scared to attend.  Families at the game i attended, were not existent!
      It's a wonderful country, with a great football tradition, but really needs to get it's house in order.  we managed to do it and a majority of supporters in Italy want the same to happen there.  unfortunately, a small minority seem to weald a lot of power in the clubs and are ruining football for the masses.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #44: Oct 21, 2010 12:39:28 pm
      There supposedly bringing 3-5,000 over for the return game, can see some old school fellas coming out of retirement for this.

Although if you went over there expecting there not to be trouble, then you'd be naive in the extreme.

agreed mate.
      if there is any more trouble over there ,there will be people looking for retribution at  home, and lets be honest, can anyone blame them if they  want revenge. im no past hooligan im a lover not a fighter,a runner not a fighter, an ordinary supporter. in the late 70s i  got jumped outside maine road, i was naive that  day, i grew up and got street wise after that.anyway i  wanted revenge for being attacked. i got it in the return game at  anfield. one and only time mind.
      so i  would have sympathy for people who felt the same and wanted retribution.

this was " just a friendly "

West Ham X Napoli FIGHT
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #45: Oct 21, 2010 12:42:33 pm
      I hope that UEFA will be looking at this....

Quick Reply