Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (60.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (13.4%)
      Raul Meireles
      (6.9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (8.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (3.2%)
      Joe Cole
      (0.5%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers: In game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 53987 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers: In game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #782: Oct 25, 2010 10:45:29 am
      Got to get off to work soon,so no time to read earlier posts.Watched the game at midnight (did'nt know the score).
      Stomach churning whilst really enjoying watching this team called Liverpool!!!Yep seemed like a new team had turned up.
      Sotis apart (MOM) have to say apart from one usual glitch I thought Lucas was outstanding with his intelligent passing in this one.Fizzin passes (forward)and running all over the place.Him or Poulsen? NO BRAINER for me anyway.Hope this just alieviates some pressure and really look forward to the Bolton game.More of the same please Roy.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #783: Oct 25, 2010 10:52:14 am
      Well whatever happened regarding the change in approach it was clear that Roy or whomever got more out of Maxi in that game yesterday than Rafa did in his time. Credit where it is due, it maybe due at Gerrard's, Carra's, Dalglish's or heaven forbid Roy's feet. I've seen and know the rhetoric will be 'it's only one game let's not get carried away' and all that old stuff where posters feel the need to keep others' feet 'on the ground'. And yes it was a c.rap Blackburn side, more cliches: 'You can only beat what's infront of you' and we could/should have been well out of site by half time and at times our passing and movement was nothing short of fantastic.

Let's hope we continue this 'approach' and determination on into our next match - well in Roy, well in lads.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #784: Oct 25, 2010 11:12:55 am
      Well whatever happened regarding the change in approach it was clear that Roy or whomever got more out of Maxi in that game yesterday than Rafa did in his time.

Disagree with that.

After Rafa signed him, Maxi looked bright and an excellent prospect down the right, lots of people on here had him tipped for first choice on the wing coming into this season.

For me at least, it's more a case of this being the first time Roy has got the best out of Maxi.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #785: Oct 25, 2010 11:15:27 am
      Disagree with that.

After Rafa signed him, Maxi looked bright and an excellent prospect down the right, lots of people on here had him tipped for first choice on the wing coming into this season.

For me at least, it's more a case of this being the first time Roy has got the best out of Maxi.

Disagree all you want (surprise surprise) but that was Maxi's best performance in a red shirt, his work rate was immense and he's never exhibited determination to the extent he did yesterday.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #786: Oct 25, 2010 11:18:49 am
      Disagree all you want (surprise surprise) but that was Maxi's best performance in a red shirt, his work rate was immense and he's never exhibited determination to the extent he did yesterday.

Quite a few times last season I thought he'd sealed his place, ahead of Kuyt, because of his guile & determination.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #787: Oct 25, 2010 11:20:42 am
      Disagree all you want (surprise surprise)

Bit tired of your paranoia on the forum.

I was just giving an opinion, but given the text you've chosen to post under your avatar, you clearly think everyone is against you.

There's no conspiracy, just different ideas. Get over yourself.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #788: Oct 25, 2010 11:32:54 am
      Bit tired of your paranoia on the forum.

I was just giving an opinion, but given the text you've chosen to post under your avatar, you clearly think everyone is against you.

There's no conspiracy, just different ideas. Get over yourself.

Paranoia ;D.

I was 'surprised' to see that nobody other than Rafa was/is able to get more out of Maxi than Rafa himself. Of course Roy didn't/couldn't because he's enemy number 1 at the mo and isn't Rafa.

As for the rest of your post mate, pah, leave the thought police stuff to someone else as you are well wide of the mark about my 'paranoia' ;D.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #789: Oct 25, 2010 11:34:05 am
      Maxi is finally "showing his potential" unlike our Number 19.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #790: Oct 25, 2010 11:52:21 am
      Maxi had some excellant games last season and was mentioned on here quiet a few times for it. This is the first game Maxi has played well this season make of that what you wil.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #791: Oct 25, 2010 12:03:31 pm
      Boss Billy Liddell flag on the Kop yesterday. Love it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #792: Oct 25, 2010 12:05:22 pm
      I think Maxi always plays better in an attacking formation.

Last season Maix's best performance was when Babel Gerrard Aquilani were all on the pitch, which for me is of no coincidence his best games until yesterday was gainst Burnley and Porrtsmouth last year when we were attacking teams, his link up play and vision in them two games was excellent and I can remember saying so in his player thread.

The reason Maxi looked a lot brighter yesterday was simple he's much more effective in the opponents half higher up the pitch than he is when asked to drop deep, the whole of team was far more advanced yesterday than we have seen all season from defense to midfield to attack which I think helped Cole, Maxi, Gerrard and Torres all have a greater impact on the game.

The one thing I'm not going to get excited about is the result as Blackburn were as far away from a Big Sam team yesterday as we have been a top 4 side so far this season, It was as though they had inherited our tactics of sitting deep and saying come on break us down, they afforded us far too much time & Space and are the worst team I've seen at Anfield this season, margingly worse than what we were against Blackpool.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #793: Oct 25, 2010 12:05:45 pm
      Maxi is finally "showing his potential" unlike our Number 19.

Who's our no19?
       :f_tongueincheek:
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #794: Oct 25, 2010 12:29:20 pm
      I watched the game and was impressed by the first half, even though we again failed to score (no goals in the first half this season in the league).

Thought it was going to be "another one of those days" when Koch thumped his clearance into Carra's head.

Well done to Nando for pulling us out of the poo.

Looking at the table, a few good results will have us rocketing up there, still not convinced CL football will be with us next season but here's to hope..........   
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #795: Oct 25, 2010 12:34:39 pm

Mata?

Oh wait...

I voted Maxi MOTM for me, he stepped up after some very mediocre performances. I think Sotis obviously got MOTM but voted Maxi for his effort, he was everywhere in the 2nd Half
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #796: Oct 25, 2010 12:50:43 pm
      Don't get the criticism Konchesky is getting... he is decidedly average and I'd rather see Insua there, but he did not have a bad game yesterday, he did alright (not sure why he is on the MOTM poll though!).  He was not to blame for the goal, sadly it was one of my favourite players, Skrtel, who was totally skinned by Benjani :(
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #797: Oct 25, 2010 12:57:00 pm
      PK - 6 tackles, 100% success. 41 pass attempts, 11 unsuccessful.
      JC - 4 tackles, 3 successful. 40 pass attempts, 9 unsuccessful.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #798: Oct 25, 2010 12:59:27 pm
      He was poor yesterday, I thought he was our stand out worst player
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #799: Oct 25, 2010 01:01:59 pm
      Raul looks like he will come into his own, off the leash yesterday on more than one occasion he was further forward than Torres the lads got a great engine.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #800: Oct 25, 2010 01:02:34 pm
      Haven't watched the highlights yet but i am going to stick it on now. I can't wait. We have been waiting far far far too long for w in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #801: Oct 25, 2010 01:03:04 pm
      Ya like Meireles if Roy doesn't start pr**k arsing him around again, Roy he is a centre midfielder play him there.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #802: Oct 25, 2010 01:07:03 pm
      Anyone know were i could get a hold of last nights Match of the Day?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #803: Oct 25, 2010 01:09:58 pm
      He was poor yesterday, I thought he was our stand out worst player

I just don't see where that comes from, he was average, certainly no worse than Carra and probably had a better game than Skrtel who was to blame for the goal :( Don't let the fact that he was a Hodgson signing affect that way his performances are viewed. He put some good crosses in in the first half but no-one got on the end of them.  He is a better defender than Johnson (just look at the chalkboards).

Is he good enough for Liverpool long-term? No.  He is an average player, signed in difficult financial circumstances.  I hope we can get Aurelio fit or get Insua back and have Paul as a back-up.  But until that time, he is wearing a red shirt and deserves a fair appraisal of his performance.  Yesterday, he played alright.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #804: Oct 25, 2010 01:10:22 pm
      Meireles is absolute class, we shouldn't underestimate him. He played some fantastic football for Portugals nationalteam and was outstanding at Porto. Benitez would've bought him, too.

Quick Reply