Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (60.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (13.4%)
      Raul Meireles
      (6.9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (8.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (3.2%)
      Joe Cole
      (0.5%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers: In game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 54199 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers: In game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #805: Oct 25, 2010 01:11:13 pm
      Anyone know were I could get a hold of last nights Match of the Day?

iplayer on tuesday I think
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #806: Oct 25, 2010 01:14:40 pm

Aww man, i have to wait?! Arghhhhhhhhhhh ;D.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #807: Oct 25, 2010 01:19:34 pm
      MASSIVE improvement good performance ,glad to see the lads heads didnt drop when they equalized and got straight back at them
      should of been alot more but for some good goalkeeping and nervous finishing also some stand out performers yesterday ,nice to walk out of the Kop smiling for
      a change,hopefully we march on and on from here .

YNWA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #808: Oct 25, 2010 01:21:01 pm
      No he is not better than Johnson. My opinion on him yesterday is replicated a lot here on Rawk and this is Anfield.

In your opinion yesterday he was alright but your in the minority there. I don't care how much someone F***ing cost I'll give an opinion on how they played.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #809: Oct 25, 2010 01:22:27 pm
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #810: Oct 25, 2010 01:22:58 pm
      the passion is coming back to the reds passing was good overall start of ther revival i hope. solid team effort 
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #811: Oct 25, 2010 02:00:26 pm
      Maxi had some excellant games last season and was mentioned on here quiet a few times for it. This is the first game Maxi has played well this season make of that what you wil.

Christ, we were watching a different Maxi then.

linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #812: Oct 25, 2010 02:07:29 pm
      Christ, I was watching a different Maxi then.

;)Indeed you were
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #813: Oct 25, 2010 02:10:42 pm
      No he is not better than Johnson. My opinion on him yesterday is replicated a lot here on Rawk and this is Anfield.

In your opinion yesterday he was alright but your in the minority there. I don't care how much someone f**king cost I'll give an opinion on how they played.

I don't care who agrees, I'll stand by my statement that Konchesky is a better defender than Johnson. However, Johnson is certainly a more complete footballer as he is much better going forward.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #814: Oct 25, 2010 02:21:44 pm
      Christ, we were watching a different Maxi then.

So Maxi was rubbish until Roy motivated him to play brilliantly against Blackburn?

If he was so dire at the end of last season, where did I get all these from then?

He has great vision and awareness!

Some great little one touch passes and link up play. Another great bargain signing from Rafa

Showed some class today with his passes and some of his dribbling. He didn't really get into the game, I suppose it was just the nature of the game though.

Looks like he could be a really good signing.

Thought he was class today.Tactically spot on, nothing flashy, kept the shape and used the ball well intelligently when he got it, which wasn't easy given the lack of forward momentum.

What impressed me about Maxi last night in particular was the battle he showed and commitment.

Well in lad!

Boss player who seems at home in the side. Defiantly a player that deserves to call the right wing his own. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him getting ago behind Torres with how well they have linked up so far.

Thought he was fantastic last night, the interplay between our top 5 last night was a joy to behold and Maxi's involvement in that was top class.

Maxi has been a revelation on the right. Can actually run with the ball, off the ball he is superb and can cross/pass to a target.

Loving the slick link up play between Maxi, Stevie, Glen and Nando. Got a bit of polish about him has Maxi.

Should have had his first goal if it wasn't for Dirk, it would have been a sweet strike in the bottom corner.

It seems to me that he was designed for the Pl,one of the best deals imho.We are gonna love this fella,I think.

Great goal,great signing.Will be a key player next season.

Never a wasted moment with him in position. He can hold up the play enough for his options to arrive. He's a nifty player! Seems happy with where he is, and moving from strength to strength.

Been a fantastic free signing and it'll be good to have him for all competitions next season.

Maxi is still seteling in, which will take a while. He will be a great player for us next season once he has had a pre-season with the rest of the lads. C,mon Maxi get us a goal on sunday against chelsea  ;D, a good way to finish the season at Anfield i thinks  :laugh:

I have no idea why so many people called this a bad "buy" but I suspect it was just being used as a stick to beat Rafa with.

Maxi has always been class - he struggled a bit in the last couple of seasons, but perhaps there were problems we don't know about.

Whatever, he seems to have put other factors behind him, and looks a great signing.

He brings skill, work rate, nous and cohesion to the team - for me, one of the best signings we've made recently...

Bedding in well now is Maxi, a good signing by the boss.

His movement is phenomenal. It's a shame he couldn't get more gametime because he was cup-tied. I think he will be key for our boys to return to the Champions League.

Cracking signing, really looking forward to what he can do next year.  Think he's the favourite for what i'll have printed on my shirt

Looks like moving to Liverpool is really reigniting his career.

Our best free transfer?  Looking like he is giving himself a great chance to be really involved this summer.

Not yet mate, and highly unlikely anyway. But if he keeps going bout his business in the way he ended the season then he'll certainly be pushing for one of the best.

PWNED! :D
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #815: Oct 25, 2010 02:26:45 pm

The mediocre one who has more often than not flatered to decieve during his time here and was unable to nail down a place in our starting eleven. Yeah he has had some excellent games  :roll: you wouldn't need more than one hand to count them on but, he was a 'Rafa signing' and his reputation is still living off THAT goal against Mexico in the WC eight years or so ago now.

He's been average but credit where it's due he finally showed up for us yesterday.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #816: Oct 25, 2010 02:33:58 pm
      Maxi did not play well consistently last season, aside from some moments of brilliance he was not great - he was awful this season until yesterday.  However, he was a good signing by Rafa because we had no money and needed a midfielder - he is still only 29.  I really hope he can continue yesterday's effort, energy and skill and rip Bolton apart.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #817: Oct 25, 2010 02:35:52 pm
      The mediocre one who has more often than not flatered to decieve during his time here and was unable to nail down a place in our starting eleven. Yeah he has had some excellent games  :roll: you wouldn't need more than one hand to count them on but, he was a 'Rafa signing' and his reputation is still living off THAT goal against Mexico in the WC eight years or so ago now.

He's been average but credit where it's due he finally showed up for us yesterday.

That's right, just ignore the overwhelming evidence posted right above!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #818: Oct 25, 2010 02:42:08 pm
      Max is underperforming or is he. How do we know what he is being asked to do it would appear most players this season are way below par and actually playing shackled to a negative form of football.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #819: Oct 25, 2010 02:44:40 pm
      Evidence, from what, the pundits on here? Again it must be a forum cultural thing because every other forum I'm a member of, or fans I know and speak to have differing views to this place, a bit like the Aquilani love in this place has for him.  :lmao:

Yeah that's me OWNED fark in el  :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #820: Oct 25, 2010 02:58:29 pm
      Don't know why you all give Mr Bleeds airtime to be honest, he's a WUM.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #821: Oct 25, 2010 03:03:27 pm

To quote Ayrton 'it's called having an opinion' but because I don't jump on the one eyed homogeneous view that everyone has on here of Maxi being fantastic last season 'm a WUM.

Stato: Our whole team were s.hite last season and Maxi when he managed to play didn't set the league alight contrary to popular myth on here.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #822: Oct 25, 2010 03:28:20 pm
      To quote Ayrton 'it's called having an opinion' but because I don't jump on the one eyed homogeneous view that everyone has on here of Maxi being fantastic last season 'm a WUM.

Stato: Our whole team were s.hite last season and Maxi when he managed to play didn't set the league alight contrary to popular myth on here.

Perhaps not but given the popular opinion last season most people think he showed at the very least some promise of being a good player. Most people seemed to think he was a good player last season.

How are Leeds doing mate?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #823: Oct 25, 2010 03:31:55 pm

Never seen him post before, but after reading these I'm not convinced how much he likes LFC, everything seems so negative! Just like SaveLiverpoolFc....

However, he does have a point on Maxi, I know he has scored 1 amazing goal, but for LFC he hasent really done that much. For a winger / attacking mifielder he has played 19 goals scoring once. Im not too sure how many assists, but I imagine its nothing special.

He lacks pace and stamina. Cant remeber how many times he has gone missing in games, yesterday was an exception...

As people have said, lets not confuse releif with happyness..
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #824: Oct 25, 2010 03:37:01 pm

We are getting a bit off-topic with all this Maxi talk, which I have played a part in, I apologise.

To round it off, I appreciate Maxi wasn't outstanding consistently last season, but I was simply countering your point about him having offered nothing under Rafa.

Evidence, from what, the pundits on here? Again it must be a forum cultural thing because every other forum I'm a member of, or fans I know and speak to have differing views to this place, a bit like the Aquilani love in this place has for him.  :lmao:

Yeah that's me OWNED fark in el  :lmao:

Glad you appreciated that post, since I was a bit bored it amused me to put it together! :D

Didn't appreciate the "thought-police" dig, though, I try to remain open-minded to most people's opinions as it happens.

Anyway,

:ontopic:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #825: Oct 25, 2010 03:38:41 pm

How about his goal and performance for Atletico Madrid at Anfield in the European Cup then, the one were we was rescued via a very dodgy pen decision!!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #826: Oct 25, 2010 03:39:47 pm

I'm not confusing anything mate to be honest I can name 3 games off the top of my head where Maxi has made a good impact on the game, Burnley & Portsmouth (last season) and Blackburn yesterday, aside from those games I'd struggle to think of anymore as on the whole the team he has been playing has been relatively poor too, so within them games he will have 1 or two decent games and 1 or two not so decent games.

To date he has 3 assists and 1 goal to his name at Liverpool F.C.

Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #827: Oct 25, 2010 03:56:27 pm
      Never seen him post before, but after reading these I'm not convinced how much he likes LFC, everything seems so negative! Just like SaveLiverpoolFc....

However, he does have a point on Maxi, I know he has scored 1 amazing goal, but for LFC he hasent really done that much. For a winger / attacking mifielder he has played 19 goals scoring once. Im not too sure how many assists, but I imagine its nothing special.

He lacks pace and stamina. Cant remeber how many times he has gone missing in games, yesterday was an exception...

That's such a 'negative' post re Maxi. You don't seem to like LFC much.

Quick Reply