Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Juan Mata (Valencia)

Read 184464 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Juan Mata (Valencia)
      Reply #1449: Aug 07, 2011 09:44:45 am
      It f*cking amazes me how, when one of our own players (Carroll for example) is back from an injury and feeling his way back to fitness and looking a bit sluggish in his first couple of games gets it in the neck from some, but the excuses come out for Mata! "not gonna judge him on one game" "it was a friendly"

Never surprises me mate!

The irony knockin about at times is cringe worthy at best.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1450: Aug 07, 2011 09:56:39 am
      Meanwhile Downing was too busy tearing up the left hand side.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1451: Aug 07, 2011 10:05:45 am
      Long way to go to prove himself but he's just walked in to the side.

I would of loved to sign him from Boro but his time at Villa seems to have helped him immensely. He's found himself at a high level and looks so confident. I honestly didn't mind who we signed out of both of them. Both are quality, both would improve this side but we got Downing and i'm delighted.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1452: Aug 07, 2011 10:10:39 am
      Well I've watched Mata for 3 years and I think people coming on here dishing him after a pre season match are f**king pathetic. A top class player anyone that thinks otherwise obviously only saw him for the first time yesterday.

To me the comments show who has seen Mata play before yesterday
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1453: Aug 07, 2011 11:23:58 am
      Maybe we will get him next season.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1454: Aug 07, 2011 12:01:21 pm
      It f*cking amazes me how, when one of our own players (Carroll for example) is back from an injury and feeling his way back to fitness and looking a bit sluggish in his first couple of games gets it in the neck from some, but the excuses come out for Mata! "not gonna judge him on one game" "it was a friendly" He did nothing yesterday and we don't need him.
      Do we say the same for Aqua then Rep? No, some are making excuses for him like he was played out of position? FFS.
      Hang on a minute. Seems some people here are putting words into my mouth to help their arguments and make them look smart in front of their mates.
      Let me just put you straight on my opinion of certain players and then if you disagree with that, fine but don't turn what I've said about Mata against me by suggesting that I would also say certain things about other players.

Mata (the on-topic bit) : Last season I didn't get to see much of him other than in Europe and at International level but prior to that I had Sky and watched quite a lot of Spanish football. I rate him very very highly and although you can never say with 100% certainty that a player would make it in the Premier League, I personally feel he has the touch and vision to fit in. Nobody should be judged fully on what they did yesterday, whether positive or negative because it was a friendly and nobody would want to pick up a knock at this point.

Aquilani : Another player that I rate highly though I concede that he still needs to prove himself. I would be gutted if we move him on before January because I'd like to see him given a proper chance in the team. Drifted in and out of yesterdays game and I'd like to have seen him support Andy more but as I said, I'm not reading much into that game.

Downing : I was never against Downing's signing and wouldn't say we should have got Mata instead. I did, however admit that he'd never really caught my eye and when we were first rumoured to be looking at Downing or Young, it was Young that I wanted because I thought he'd fit in well with our fluid front line. Downing doesn't need to prove anything to me, his stats and the opinions of Villa fans say a lot. He was great yesterday but again, I'm not taking a lot from that game.

Carroll : I wanted Andy before we signed him but never though we'd get him. I have never slated him at all, I accepted that he wasn't fully fit last season and I am very confident that he will be immense for us, even if it takes him a month or two to find his feet.

So, if you disagree with the above then I really couldn't give a F**k but it is my own opinion and I have no influence over anyone else so leave me out of your petty arguments.
      The difference with my comment was that it was an observation about what gazza had actually posted, not an assumption about what he might say regarding certain players.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1455: Aug 07, 2011 01:50:52 pm
      I beg someone to lock this thread, any chance we had of signing him is gone for a window at least. This thread is, and has been for a long time, ridiculous!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1456: Aug 07, 2011 02:01:49 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1457: Aug 07, 2011 03:44:36 pm
      Funny that I think Mata is overpriced and no one has bought him and I'm on the windup are you serious? I also think Aqua is not as good as some " and nobody has bought him " and I'm on the wind up?

You do know this is not a computer game and real life don't you!

Which is why Arsenal failed with an 18 million pound bid.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1458: Aug 07, 2011 04:13:23 pm
      Which is why Arsenal failed with an 18 million pound bid.

Did they, I heard a crazy old man trying to hike his sons price up but can't recall seeing anything formal, only golem ball bag making things up as well. Was it official?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1459: Aug 07, 2011 04:33:47 pm
      The crazy old man is his agent, announcing an offer and it being not denied by either club.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1460: Aug 07, 2011 05:06:57 pm
      The crazy old man is his agent, announcing an offer and it being not denied by either club.

And his dad, but nothing was official.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1461: Aug 07, 2011 06:19:19 pm
      He said they had a bid rejected. How more official can it get?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1462: Aug 07, 2011 07:11:25 pm
      He said they had a bid rejected. How more official can it get?

Just remember that quote and think of Aquas agent, like I said nothing official.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1463: Aug 07, 2011 07:13:41 pm
      He said there was interest. Not a bid rejected.

I fail to see any similarity?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1464: Aug 07, 2011 07:17:24 pm
      He said there was interest. Not a bid rejected.

I fail to see any similarity?

Similar as in he said they " meaning Valencia not him " in same quote he was also trying to sell his lad to Milan, clear to me an agent trying to start bidding war. I suspect 1. He knew feck all and was making it up, and 2 if a bid has been made the figure quoted was made up by Ballbag.

Like you said nothing official from any of the two most important players in this Arsenal and Valencia.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1465: Aug 07, 2011 07:23:19 pm
      I seriously think this is a dead duck this one, he'll probably go to Arsenal but I don't think we ever had concrete interest in this guy. Think he would link well with Suarez but wouldn't be a perfect fit on our right hand side, honestly believe it was him or Downing and the more I see of Downing the more I'm thinking we got the better of the two deals.

As for our right hand side, as I've stated before I hope we can lure someone like Hazard next summer, this year will be Dirk / Hendo on the right, not convinced by Hendo on that side though, much more comfortable in the middle but to get him game time I think we've got little choice for now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1466: Aug 07, 2011 07:26:53 pm
      I could get involved but for everyones sanity I won't :D
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1467: Aug 07, 2011 07:31:41 pm
      “Valencia simply rejected their offer. After some hesitation they answered ‘no’ to the Gunners’ offer.

“So my son remains a Valencia player, for now. But I don’t think it’s their last offer.

“There are several offers for Mata and I think that Arsenal will come forward again. The situation is still evolving.”

It remains to be seen whether Arsene Wenger sanctions a second bid for Mata, however, with several reports indicating that the player’s buyout clause has more than tripled following the passing of a July 31st deadline, it appears that Arsenal could have to pay more than the original supposed £17.5 million asking price.

The situation is further complicated by reported interest shown by the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Inter Milan, although Mata Senior remained coy on a bidding war:

“The Inter team has never directly contacted me. I read the newspapers and I know through mutual contacts in Milan that my son is in high esteem. We’ll see if Inter will step in directly. But I repeat:
      everything depends on the president of Valencia.

So the two quote that concern me are the first saying Gunners had made an offer which even now I question, due to the bit in bold. Looks to me that father Mata was desperate for a bid to come in from Milan. Perhaps the "arsenal have made a bid" was intended to spring Milan into life.

Oh and the same time he was also trying to increase his lads wages with Valencia like a Good dad should.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1468: Aug 07, 2011 07:33:22 pm
      Dont know what all the fuss is about, yesterday proved he is rubbish  :f_tongueincheek:
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1469: Aug 07, 2011 07:50:43 pm
      Ha ha,cant see Arsenal offering the release clause.he was poor yesterday.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1470: Aug 07, 2011 07:59:19 pm
      I heard after the game yesterday Valencia are ready to release him
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1471: Aug 07, 2011 08:09:01 pm
      LFC Transfer Speculations
      Mata put a song of Beatles on FB a few minutes earlier and wrote -'This is Liverpool.I like The Beattles' - top lad
      Juan Mata
      www.facebook.com
      Juan Mata - Página Oficial de Juan Mata / The Official Juan Mata Facebook Page | Facebook

Ha ha he dose like Liverpool thats for sure.

Quick Reply