Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Celtic plans ban for Poppy protesters

Read 9401 times
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Re: Celtic plans ban for Poppy protesters
      Reply #69: Nov 11, 2010 01:20:08 am
      Being a Heart of Midlothian fan this time of year is one of the most important in the season. It is a time where we remember McCrae's Battalion, where 11 first team players signed up due to the pressure being put on football players at the time, 1914. I believe they were the first to do so. Before they went to the Front they were doing their Army training as well as playing football matches. They even had matches whilst at the Front and never lost...although 7 1st team players did lose at the Somme.

I'm not going to take the moral high ground, at least I hope not, but having been at Tynecastle tonight and you have Celtic fans signing...'You can shove your bloodstained poppies up your ....' and that was before they were even in the ground.

It's disappointing to say the least.

Free speech? Remind how we got that again?

Now I don't know much about the Troubles etc but both Celtic and Rangers have used that as a means and kept it going.

OK, I'm slightly drunk but I hope the above is OK....and I know Heart of Midlothian fans aren't perfect. Anyway, I had a good night!

(ps, see my sig re McCrae's) Excellent book as well! Excellent cairn built at Contalmaison where there is a service on July 1st and I'm sure there will be a few there today.

I should add that it also included players and fans from Hibernian, Falkirk, Raith it wasn't just about Heart of Midlothian.

Even some Hibs fans try and hold our remembrance for these guys against us.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010 01:31:08 am by TartanRed »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #70: Nov 11, 2010 01:21:04 am
      There is absolutly no excuse for politics to be brought into football! The Old Firm "supporters" are brain washed into hating "the other side" and everything about from the day they are born.
      Pathetic!

Pathetic is the only description that applies mate, but brainwashed is a little complimentary in that it implies some sort of basic intelligence when in truth these are F***ing idiots of the first order.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #71: Nov 11, 2010 01:59:55 am
      I've not read the whole thread and I've tried not to let my own feelings come through in my post regarding this....but one can really only conclude that they are brainwashed.

There's been times when Celtic fans have held up Palestinian flags and Rangers fans have held up Israeli flags...WTF!

In fact there was a Palestinian flag at Tynecastle last night.....why? Is it some anti British thing? They play in Scotland and have a former Defence Secretary as their Chairman......??????

Personally, I wish they'd both just GTF and play each other every week on some remote island in the South Atlantic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #72: Nov 11, 2010 02:14:10 am
      I've not read the whole thread and I've tried not to let my own feelings come through in my post regarding this....but one can really only conclude that they are brainwashed.

There's been times when Celtic fans have held up Palestinian flags and Rangers fans have held up Israeli flags...WTF!

In fact there was a Palestinian flag at Tynecastle last night.....why? Is it some anti British thing? They play in Scotland and have a former Defence Secretary as their Chairman......??????

Personally, I wish they'd both just GTF and play each other every week on some remote island in the South Atlantic.
      As posted earlier mate F***ing idiots their ignorance is breathtaking.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #73: Nov 11, 2010 02:15:05 am
      ^ WTF? Pathetic. They are so segregated it's beyond belief.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #74: Nov 11, 2010 02:25:06 am
      ^ WTF? Pathetic. They are so segregated it's beyond belief.
      It is pathetic that their mindset dictates they have to be segregated.
      What better sight than fiercely opposing supporters i.e. us and the blue sh*te can mix in the ground untroubled, not as freely now admitted but it does go on.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010 09:31:40 am by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #75: Nov 13, 2010 08:09:14 pm
      Just to play devils adovate for a minute, I wonder how Maxi felt during today's game wearing that poppy, seeing as it's for all British servicemen that died in conflicts.

Would that include the Falklands?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #76: Nov 13, 2010 09:31:00 pm
      Just to play devils adovate for a minute, I wonder how Maxi felt during today's game wearing that poppy, seeing as it's for all British servicemen that died in conflicts.

Very Good Point.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #77: Nov 13, 2010 10:03:58 pm
      Malvinas my arse.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #78: Nov 13, 2010 10:15:40 pm

Missed the point by a country mile.

But Back on topic.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #79: Nov 14, 2010 04:31:08 am

Yes it would, however I'm sure Maxi would've made his feelings known or objected to it, therefore I can only conclude that he was happy to have the poppy displayed. I'm sure he's also aware of the number of Nazi Party officials that fled to South America inc Argentina.

Anyway, I'll be attending Tynecastle tomorrow seeing as the proper Memorial has been removed thanks to the chaotic trams guff.

Celtic play tomorrow....microphones to silent SKY/ESPN....

Quick Reply