Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Stoke 2-0 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Discomfort.

Read 61211 times
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Re: Stoke v Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Discomfort.
      Reply #851: Nov 14, 2010 11:24:16 am
      Konchesky, Skrtel, Greek and Carra must be the slowest backlfour in the whole World. And ROy was comparing Carra to Carlos Alberto just a few weeks ago....delusional.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #852: Nov 14, 2010 12:23:11 pm
      I'm almost speachless. Just utter crap as a unit. Worst start for 50 years. One result onthe back of S.G. Magic, and another  from Torres sublime finishing.  All gone defensive against Wigan and Stoke F.F.S. Roy has to go this week while we have the international break to reorganise within the cub. We have become a mid table side. Whoever has inspirations of us getting in the top 4, have a reality check, it won't happen with Roy. Top 10 if we're lucky. John Henry, are you listening, this is the oportunity for you to unload Roy. Get on with it.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #853: Nov 14, 2010 12:35:49 pm
      I've given up on Roy long time ago and nothing much to add on to the comments about him that have already been said, and I'm now venting my frustration on NESV, they started talking very loud .... "they have experience here, they have experience there in managing a sports business, and here, there and everywhere I haven't seen them doing anything at all, I'm f**king frustrated. NESV honeymoon is over, time to walk the talk, otherwise passionate fans like me will start thinking whether you're G&H PART II. You need to be ruthless, go back to the old ways how the club is run, we don't  take on passengers and none performers, certainly no compassion, everthing that takes place is based on results and achievements. NESV you have been very week, this will be a very blunt statement from me. I'd like to apologise to all fans here for being so emotional, but I just can't take it anymore with that clown around. Start to think and think fast NESV, would you rather compensate Roy 3 mil or lose out in 25 mil in CL payment. NESV still have not figure that out I guess, that's not how to run a sports business from these so called seasoned businessmen.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #854: Nov 14, 2010 01:00:09 pm
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson felt an injury to Fernando Torres contributed to his side's 2-0 loss at Stoke but is hopeful the problem is not too bad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9187448.stm

Not even going to post the whole artical, read the first paragraph (above) and stopped.

On the BBC iPlayer Roy looks like a broken man. Sorry to see that, but to Quote Dr Henry Jones Sr. to Dr Henry Jones Jr. "Let it GO!"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #855: Nov 14, 2010 01:05:54 pm
      I've given up on Roy long time ago and nothing much to add on to the comments about him that have already been said, and I'm now venting my frustration on NESV, they started talking very loud .... "they have experience here, they have experience there in managing a sports business, and here, there and everywhere I haven't seen them doing anything at all, I'm f**king frustrated. NESV honeymoon is over, time to walk the talk, otherwise passionate fans like me will start thinking whether you're G&H PART II. You need to be ruthless, go back to the old ways how the club is run, we don't  take on passengers and none performers, certainly no compassion, everthing that takes place is based on results and achievements. NESV you have been very week, this will be a very blunt statement from me. I'd like to apologise to all fans here for being so emotional, but I just can't take it anymore with that clown around. Start to think and think fast NESV, would you rather compensate Roy 3 mil or lose out in 25 mil in CL payment. NESV still have not figure that out I guess, that's not how to run a sports business from these so called seasoned businessmen.

Sorry mate but you are wrong to be critical of NESV there, they have appointed 5 new board members Damien Comolli and are searching for a new CEO, they may have experience in running sports businesses but they have no experience in football, let them get the boardroom sorted and let them get people in that will help them make the correct footballing decisions or we could be jumping out the frying pan and into the fire.

Do we want to spend the next twenty years bemoaning the fact that NESV were made the wrong appointments that seriously hampered our chances of competing for the number 1 prize ?
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #856: Nov 14, 2010 01:14:26 pm
      Hodgson: Dalglish chants do not help Liverpool

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson was disappointed to hear fans chanting for former boss Kenny Dalglish during Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Stoke and said such singing is unhelpful to the club.

A recent revival in Liverpool's form was brought to a halt at the Britannia Stadium as goals from Kenwyne Jones and Ricardo Fuller condemned Hodgson's side to a fifth defeat in their opening 13 league games.

Towards the end of the tie, Liverpool supporters chanted the name of Dalglish, who put himself forward as a candidate to replace Rafa Benitez in the summer, only to see the board opt to recruit Hodgson from Fulham.

Hodgson believes that such a public show of support for the former Liverpool player and manager is not aiding the team's cause.

"That seems like it is going to be part of life at Liverpool," Hodgson said. "I think we are trying to do the best job we can in the circumstances and I don't know that that type of singing helps anyone.

"But I didn't hear it and I am sure there are lots of fans who sympathise with us and what we are trying to do."

Hodgson has also been forced to apologise if his recent comments about Glen Johnson have been interpreted as a criticism of the right back. The manager said his player was not performing like an England regular but with reports claiming the comments have angered Johnson, Hodgson has sought to defuse the row.

"We all want Glen Johnson to find his England form, but that has nothing to do with him being injured at the moment," Hodgson said. "That was just a general comment that I think I was entitled to make.

"We have a player with ability and we are hoping he is going to bring that ability to the team because we want to use it help us win matches. It is no good being a player with great ability if you are not bringing that on to the field of play.

"We know Glen can and will do that but first and foremost Glen has to get fit and I'm hoping that will be the case by next Sunday [at home to West Ham] because he has made good progress. He as well as I knows this season he hasn't reached that form very often - it amazes me that when you make a statement of such obvious voracity people want to make headlines out of it.

"Everyone is saying what I am saying. I hope I am honest and I hope the players are honest. I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him; I don't normally criticise my players and I'm sorry if that has been suggested."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=841888&sec=england&cc=5901
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #857: Nov 14, 2010 01:15:50 pm
      Buddy, don't think I'm too far wrong here. If I'm the owner I don't need Mr. Commolli or the board to tell me what is right and wrong. I'll just need to ask those with vast knowledge about the club, players, tactics etc whether Roy is right person to lead the club, the result will most like be what our poll results is at the moment. Does it mean that as NESV kept searching for a new CEO and NESV on a fastrack (presumably) crash course to get to know the game better and it's ok for our results to continue to suffer, drawing and loosing more games from now till the end of the season? What happened when we got our CEO and boardroom only sorted out with 3 games to got and we're 2nd from the bottom?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #858: Nov 14, 2010 01:17:16 pm
      ^^^^^^^ The chants certainly helps. It should be chanted in louder manner until Roy is so embarassed that  he has to resign the next day.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #859: Nov 14, 2010 01:20:16 pm
      I didn't see the second half (thankfully) but the result is an alarming indictment of his tactics and methods, talking the team down and this underdog mentality.

Sad times indeed.  These are games we should be winning.  You cannot keep upping the opposition when you have how many internationals in your team. 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #860: Nov 14, 2010 01:21:03 pm
      ^^^^^^^ The chants certainly helps. It should be chanted in louder manner until Roy is so embarassed that  he has to resign the next day.

Would you resign if you had a few million heading your way?

The only way Hodgson will be leaving this club is if he is relieved of his position. I reckon we should have a whip-around...
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #861: Nov 14, 2010 01:24:37 pm
      When he says:

"..... I am sure there are lots of fans who sympathise with us and what we are trying to do."

Are there?  The thing is we see that you are trying to turn us into Fulham, where sometimes, perhaps, fans were happy with a few poor performances and every so often a great performance.  We need to be an attacking team.

Also:

"I think we are trying to do the best job we can in the circumstances....."

Suggests again, that he sees the team as a group of players with no quality, as underdogs and mid table.  What on earth is he thinking that for?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #862: Nov 14, 2010 01:28:46 pm
      Buddy, don't think I'm too far wrong here. If I'm the owner I don't need Mr. Commolli or the board to tell me what is right and wrong. I'll just need to ask those with vast knowledge about the club, players, tactics etc whether Roy is right person to lead the club, the result will most like be what our poll results is at the moment. Does it mean that as NESV kept searching for a new CEO and NESV on a fastrack (presumably) crash course to get to know the game better and it's ok for our results to continue to suffer, drawing and loosing more games from now till the end of the season? What happened when we got our CEO and boardroom only sorted out with 3 games to got and we're 2nd from the bottom?

In a way you are right, but then what ?, Who helps them make what could turn out to be the biggest football decision in our history regarding the appointment of a new manager ?

Just bear in mind our next manager could revive the clubs fortunes and end our wait for the ultimate prize, that we crave most.

I'm not happy with Roy and I want him gone as much as the next man, but I trust NESV to protect their investment and make sound football decisions something they have been doing in baseball for a decade.

So yes, your out of order criticising NESV who's only been here five minutes and need to get the boardroom structure in place.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #863: Nov 14, 2010 01:33:02 pm
      Absolute sh*t performance and now starting to think maybe King Kenny is the answer I backed Rafa till the day he left but I am losing my patience with Hodgson. His style of play is boring and it will not win us games especially against a good Stoke team. We should have kept the same style against chelsea for every game as it was obviously one of our best performances. 08/09 is a prime example of the character we showed, to get back into games after going behind and thats what brought us closer to the title, It is near enough the same bloddy team expect a few. We need to give that cockney lot a good run over next weekend if I am to still beleive in Roy.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #864: Nov 14, 2010 02:12:55 pm
      In a way you are right, but then what ?, Who helps them make what could turn out to be the biggest football decision in our history regarding the appointment of a new manager ?

Just bear in mind our next manager could revive the clubs fortunes and end our wait for the ultimate prize, that we crave most.

I'm not happy with Roy and I want him gone as much as the next man, but I trust NESV to protect their investment and make sound football decisions something they have been doing in baseball for a decade.

So yes, your out of order criticising NESV who's only been here five minutes and need to get the boardroom structure in place.

Yes, I do agree that we need a strong boardroom structure and CEO to chart our future. This boardroom and CEO will also also need time to settle down like others, while our poor performances may continue well over the new year unless Roy sudddenly woke up from his slumber and realise that we should be playing a more attacking game. But I just don't see any relevance between the appointment of the boardroom/CEO and the poor results we're churning out week in week out now. Do we have to continue to accept those poor results while awaiting the appointment of the board/CEO? OK, say we got everything sorted out by Jan next year, but the boardroom and CEO will also need time to settle down but it may be too late as by then we may be fighting a relegation battle, with Roy still around. RLFCB, you are entltled to your opinion as much as i'm entltled to mine and to say i'm out of order, I'm certainly not. I will not say you are out of order with your opinion, I certainly won't, I  respect your opinion and I do admire that you have a lot of fate and trust in NESV, that's good, for me I'm a realist and I live in the real world and what I've just said is something that will most likely to happen if we don't address the issue fast.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #865: Nov 14, 2010 02:21:00 pm
      Well the fog has lifted from my head and i still cannot believe the utter garbage that paraded around in liverpool strips at stoke yesterday.A utter disgrace and i cannot remember a more woefull performance.....pitifull truly pitifull.

Roy please do the honorable thing and F**k off,because it is becoming painfully obvious that this job is far and away to much for you,if i have to watch you looking gormless scratching your chin again the t.v is getting my foot put through it.

I really wanted you to suceed but as the games go by you look out of your depth and inept at been able to change anything when things are going wrong......do the decent thing and walk on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #866: Nov 14, 2010 02:24:09 pm
      I'm a realist and I live in the real world and what I've just said is something that will most likely to happen if we don't address the issue fast.

Look mate Like yourself I want to see changes at the club, but in wanting to see changes I don't want to see reactionary hurried changes, I want to see changes that are going to benefit us for five or six years not hamper us for 2 or 3 years, as I've said this next decision by NESV could be the most important decision in the clubs history in terms of football, afford them some time to allow then to get it right.

Look at H&G's decision's regarding the management of the playing staff because they knew F**k all about football, Klinsman and Hodgson, do we need to get rid of Roy only to appoint some one equally as bad ?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Stoke 2-0 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Discomfort.
      Reply #867: Nov 14, 2010 02:40:58 pm
      Unacceptable that yesterday. Still pretty furious about it.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #868: Nov 14, 2010 02:48:15 pm
      Unacceptable that yesterday. Still pretty furious about it.
      Know the feeling....even the dog wont come near me today.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #869: Nov 14, 2010 02:52:02 pm
      Shocking football, we have played 13 games and have played 2 decent half,s of football all season. Second half against Arsenal and firsthe performances  half against Chelsea, with a goal difference of -4. The performances are getting worse. He is now starting to loose the dressing room with Johnson wanting to leave, and with staggering statements like last night,s we played very well, the first goal was important. If the first goal was so important then why didn't  we get it Roy ?. He must go NOW
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #870: Nov 14, 2010 03:04:36 pm
      Look mate Like yourself I want to see changes at the club, but in wanting to see changes I don't want to see reactionary hurried changes, I want to see changes that are going to benefit us for five or six years not hamper us for 2 or 3 years, as I've said this next decision by NESV could be the most important decision in the clubs history in terms of football, afford them some time to allow then to get it right.

Look at H&G's decision's regarding the management of the playing staff because they knew f**k all about football, Klinsman and Hodgson, do we need to get rid of Roy only to appoint some one equally as bad ?

Mate, I have no problem with the appointment of the Board/CEO, NESV will need and should take as much time as possible  to scrutiny things to ensure we get the best people on board, but in the meantime, performance on the pitch cannot be allowed to deteriorate and that we slipped into a relegation battle comes March/April next year, it needs immediate attention and action. Yes, I certainly agree we don't want hurried changes, but I need to make an exception here with regards to the manager, what he has done so far is not giving me, I'm not sure the rest, any comfort that we will not be in a relegation battle comes April next year, never mind top four. The Board that comes on board may then be helpless to salvage situation. With 11 internationals, or around that number on the pitch, I'm sure the next manager can do a much better job then Roy. Yes, I will also agree with you that there is an element of risk where we could also get a worst manager then Roy. Why not NESV consider appointing Kenny being the interim manager then?
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #871: Nov 14, 2010 03:07:40 pm
      Only read this last page of 29,because I knew what to expect!Nearly every post makes reference to R.H.
      When in all honesty we should be looking for the reason our "players" cannot pass a football to each other.
      Now whether R.H. is or is'nt the right man for our club,surely he,s not solely to blame for that shocking show,as it was'nt tactics to blame.
      Can't wait to pop back later to read my castigation for speaking my mind.
      We were crap yesterday end of. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #872: Nov 14, 2010 03:09:32 pm
      This is now there investment NOT our club we dont have a say in anything and they dont even understand our anger as they admitedly dont understand football.
      forgetting all the Roy's gaffs and there are many forgetting his terrible football ethics of dont get beaten we were beaten badly by Stoke and we have a goal diiference of -4 it is enough for anyone to be sacked doing nothing in my opinion is not an option.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #873: Nov 14, 2010 03:10:49 pm
      Why not NESV consider appointing Kenny being the interim manager then?

We do not know the ins and outs of that to be honest mate, Kenny said he would love to return Management at LFC but that was on a full time basis, would he be happy taking it on an interim basis just to hand over the job he would obviously like most when they appoint a new man ?

Quick Reply