Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

What is it fair to call Roy?

Read 4565 times
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 404 posts | 22 
      What is it fair to call Roy?
      Nov 15, 2010 09:45:56 pm
      I've been thinking about starting this thread a couple of times recently and this following post yesterday reminded me of my intentions.

Lay off the personal insults to Roy mate, were better than calling him a c**t and can voice our displeasure with him without lowering ourselves to that level.

I completely agree with this. Roy is in for a lot of criticism at the moment and most of it is fair. I am completely convinced that he is not the right man for us and the sooner he is removed as manager the better for the club. But people are calling Roy c**t, pr**k, tw*t etc. more often than not and I find this pretty disturbing. These are words we usually use about Ferguson, O'neill, Bascombe, people connected to the shitrag, H&G etc.. IMO, Roy is nowhere near those bas**rds. I call someone a c**t if I think the person is deliberately trying to hurt me in any way or does things I regard "bad" on purpose. I am convinced Roy is not making us loose, destroying the club or saying stupid things on purpose. It not like the guy sat in his sofa saturday evening and laughed out loud "Haha, those stupid fans payed all those money to get to Stoke to see us loose. I hope they froze their asses of in the process! Hahaha".

You may say that he is playing boring negative football on purpose. True, but he does that because its the only things he knows. And after doing that for 35 years he has to stick with it cause he doesnt know anything else. Thats how he thinks we are most likely to win. Completely flawed way of thinking? Yes. Is he loosing on purpose? No.
      You may say he should retire himself now. But can we blame him for not doing so? The guy is old and has never won anything of notice. Suddenly this unbelieveable and undeserved chance comes up. Of course he is going to grab it and hold on to it at any cost. Its definitely his last chance of being more than a small club manager. He probably dreamed all summer about how his 35 years of experience would come together and bring Livepool the first title in 20 years. Now he looks more and more likely to be remembered as the worst manager in the history of the club. Everything is falling apart and he desperately tries to hold on, tries to deject blame away from himself and pleads for more time. Classy and honourable behaviour? No. Understandable? Yes. Evil? No.

So cluesless, useless, out of his depth etc.? Yes

c**t, tw*t, pr**k, etc.? IMO, no. What do you think?

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: What is it fair to call Roy?
      Reply #1: Nov 15, 2010 09:49:40 pm
      Garbage. Mid-table. Living off of a Europa League final appearance.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Nov 15, 2010 09:51:56 pm
      I call him Roy Hodgson because thats his name.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3: Nov 15, 2010 09:56:13 pm
      Dad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #4: Nov 15, 2010 09:57:25 pm
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5: Nov 15, 2010 10:10:20 pm

That's actually a little bit scary. :|
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #6: Nov 15, 2010 10:16:45 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Nov 15, 2010 10:18:14 pm
      I use Roy most of the time
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #8: Nov 15, 2010 10:24:01 pm
      I personally think Roy is a great guy. A real character that I could speak to all day long. However, there's a difference from being that and a good manager. So as a manager I would personally label him as "hopeless" or "clueless" with his tactics.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 15, 2010 10:24:57 pm
      OAP
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #10: Nov 15, 2010 10:26:28 pm

When someone is openly insulting your intelligence on a daily basis.
      When someone is telling you that you dont know what your talking about because 'hes been there' for 35 yrs, and you aint.
      When someone insults people you may , or not, care for to cover thier own failings or short comings,
      what is the right word for someone like that?

Me myself , he's just a arrogant self centered cnut, who is covering his arse for yet another epic failure
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #11: Nov 15, 2010 10:30:19 pm
      I call him Roy believe it or not!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #12: Nov 15, 2010 10:30:30 pm
      Woy.  That's what he calls himself.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #13: Nov 15, 2010 10:31:56 pm
      When someone is openly insulting your intelligence on a daily basis.
      When someone is telling you that you dont know what your talking about because 'hes been there' for 35 yrs, and you aint.
      When someone insults people you may , or not, care for to cover thier own failings or short comings,
      what is the right word for someone like that?

Me myself , he's just a arrogant self centered cnut, who is covering his arse for yet another epic failure
      Well no, he's not a c**t. He (as much as it doesn't look like it) is trying to do what he believes will be the best for the club. Just because we don't agree with his methods doesn't make the man a c**t.

If I was appointed manager tomorrow, I would try my best for the club, but I would no doubt fail at the job. I wouldn't be a c**t for it though, I just wouldn't be good enough to do the job required. And that's Roy's problem.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #14: Nov 15, 2010 10:31:57 pm
      Woy.  That's what he calls himself.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Nov 15, 2010 10:33:22 pm
      The father of time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Nov 15, 2010 10:36:12 pm
      Well no, he's not a c**t. He (as much as it doesn't look like it) is trying to do what he believes will be the best for the club. Just because we don't agree with his methods doesn't make the man a c**t.

If I was appointed manager tomorrow, I would try my best for the club, but I would no doubt fail at the job. I wouldn't be a c**t for it though, I just wouldn't be good enough to do the job required. And that's Roy's problem.

Exactly Willy, I may not be Roy's biggest fan and I can criticise him and his performances as well as I can the players without getting Personal about it.

Fair doo's Roy will never read these forum pages, but other fans of this club and others fans of other clubs will and they will be having a right old chuckle to themselves about the way were conducting ourselves in regards to Roy.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #17: Nov 15, 2010 10:37:20 pm
      I personally think Roy is a great guy. A real character that I could speak to all day long. However, there's a difference from being that and a good manager. So as a manager I would personally label him as "hopeless" or "clueless" with his tactics.

Have you seen his press conferences and comments?

He is a self serving, deluded arse licker with no interest in anything except himself.

Nice guy my F***ing arse - he's a cock of the highest order, along with his mates ferguson and allardyce.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 15, 2010 10:37:38 pm
      that suits him fine for saying stupid commments to the press ,openly criticising his players to the press ,starting up feuds with ex bosses while he has better things to concentrate on,his dismal tactics that he has been applying,accepting defeats without kicking a ball,really where is this guy from? can somebody please tell me this,he does not belong here,thats why he deserve to be called a c**t for all i know,cause he is pissing me off,everytime!!!!!!!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 15, 2010 10:38:02 pm
      Great guy? He is the ambassador
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 15, 2010 10:38:37 pm
      Have you seen his press conferences and comments?

He is a self serving, deluded arse licker with no interest in anything except himself.

Nice guy my f**king arse - he's a cock of the highest order, along with his mates ferguson and allardyce.

well said KiK
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #21: Nov 15, 2010 10:39:13 pm
      that suits him fine for saying stupid commments to the press ,openly criticising his players to the press ,starting up feuds with ex bosses while he has better things to concentrate on,his dismal tactics that he has been applying,accepting defeats without kicking a ball,really where is this guy from? can somebody please tell me this,he does not belong here,thats why he deserve to be called a c**t for all I know,cause he is pissing me off,everytime!!!!!!!

If we can see it, we can't the owners??? :@
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Nov 15, 2010 10:39:37 pm
      He is a joke complete F***ing joke

Quick Reply