Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Gary Cahill (Bolton)

Read 61016 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #667: Sep 06, 2011 06:43:32 pm
      If he has ambition to play in the Champions League mate he will face that Dilemma at which ever club he goes too, all the top 4 sides excluding Arsenal from that as I believe we will take their place all have healthy competion for CB's and their Two first choice central defenders at the moment pretty much pick themselves so the gauntlet would be thrown to Cahill to dislodge them for who ever he signs for.

True.  I'd like to get Cahill if we can get him cheaply, just think Chelsea seems the most likely place.  At Anfield, he'd be competing for 4th position with Coates this year and for 3rd with Coates and Carra next year.  I don't think he'd dislodge Skrtel or Agger. Maybe if he got a run in the side if Agger got injured. I think he'd be Chelsea's 3rd choice straight away, no competition there, maybe even ahead of Luiz on occasion.  Then after a year or so, he'll replace Terry.  Plus they will offer higher wages...

We'll see what happens.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #668: Sep 06, 2011 06:47:35 pm
      I think he'd be Chelsea's 3rd choice straight away, no competition there, maybe even ahead of Luiz on occasion.  Then after a year or so, he'll replace Terry.  Plus they will offer higher wages...

Your totally forgetting about Alex who I rate very highly. I think Alex is Chelsea's best "defender" when it comes to defending.

He'd be 4th choice at Chelsea too.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #669: Sep 06, 2011 06:48:34 pm
      Your totally forgetting about Alex who I rate very highly. I think Alex is Chelsea's best "defender" when it comes to defending.

He'd be 4th choice at Chelsea too.

They were trying to offload Alex this year.  He's not that good a defender.  Wicked shot though.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #670: Sep 06, 2011 07:01:00 pm
      They were trying to offload Alex this year.  He's not that good a defender.  Wicked shot though.

Who said they were trying to offload him? Please don't give me some non reliable newspaper as a source.

He's played in most of Chelsea's games this season and done more then well.

He's a very splendid player.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #671: Sep 06, 2011 07:19:30 pm
      Who said they were trying to offload him? Please don't give me some non reliable newspaper as a source.

Don't know what you have been watching, but he didn't play in the opening game, messed up in the second for Longs goal and was taken off, and played in a boring nil nil at Stoke. Basically he has been nothing short of a liability if you ask me.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #672: Sep 06, 2011 07:31:34 pm

As Gazza said, have you been watching highlights of Chelsea from last year? He's been crap.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #673: Sep 06, 2011 07:57:52 pm
      Don't know what you have been watching, but he didn't play in the opening game, messed up in the second for Longs goal and was taken off, and played in a boring nil nil at Stoke. Basically he has been nothing short of a liability if you ask me.

:lmao:

Mate, Chelsea's first premiership game this season was in the nil - nil draw against Stoke.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #674: Sep 06, 2011 08:31:17 pm
      :lmao:

Mate, Chelsea's first premiership game this season was in the nil - nil draw against Stoke.

So he was dropped for the last game then, forgive me I'm not a Chelsea fan and was just saying off the top of my head, but seems I've seen more of him than you.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #675: Sep 06, 2011 08:47:50 pm
      So he was dropped for the last game then, forgive me I'm not a Chelsea fan and was just saying off the top of my head, but seems I've seen more of him than you.

Hmmm, what have you got to base that on then? Absolutely nothing !!!
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #676: Sep 06, 2011 08:51:56 pm
      Hmmm, what have you got to base that on then? Absolutely nothing !!!

Maybe the fact you say he's started the majority of games this season and has been let's see...... A splendid player!! When he's started cost a goal and been hauled off and dropped in just three games. Think that's a sound basis
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #677: Sep 06, 2011 09:01:58 pm
      Maybe the fact you say he's started the majority of games this season and has been let's see...... A splendid player!! When he's started cost a goal and been hauled off and dropped in just three games. Think that's a sound basis

I said he was a splendid player. Never said that due to the last 2 games this season like you're trying to make it seem like. Over the past few years where he's played well for Chelsea.

So before you make anymore crap and put more words into my mouth...I'm out  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #678: Sep 06, 2011 09:04:23 pm

Your words not mine mate, suggest you think before you type then you won't be backed into a corner xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #679: Sep 06, 2011 09:07:53 pm
      Your words not mine mate, suggest you think before you type then you won't be backed into a corner xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Ahh, knew you were going to do that. Fair enough, I didn't realise I wrote that and you're right...wow never thought I'd say that :laugh:

I still rate Alex fairly highly.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #680: Sep 06, 2011 09:11:10 pm
      Ahh, knew you were going to do that. Fair enough, I didn't realise I wrote that and you're right...wow never thought I'd say that :laugh:

I still rate Alex fairly highly.

To be fair I do, just think he's gone off the boil of late. Plus I didn't realise he was so old.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #681: Sep 06, 2011 09:18:48 pm
      Are you two going to be the new Mac Red / RLB? ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #682: Sep 06, 2011 09:25:12 pm
      Are you two going to be the new Mac Red / RLB? ;D

I think its just a lovers tiff mate. Don't think Gazza will throw the engagement ring back just yet. :)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #683: Sep 06, 2011 10:58:26 pm

I think its just a lovers tiff mate. Don't think Gazza will throw the engagement ring back just yet. :)

He already sold it to buy crack ;)  :lmao:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #684: Sep 06, 2011 11:01:08 pm
      He already sold it to buy crack ;)  :lmao:

Your watching shameless :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #685: Sep 07, 2011 04:57:25 am

Only because Luiz is injured at the moment. Alex is alright strong and good in the air just lacks concentration, I remember him being great against us a few seasons back now, but then made the crucial mistake which cost them the goal.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #686: Dec 22, 2011 03:47:14 am
      Read that a 7 million fee has been agreed between Chelsea and Bolton?

Will discuss personal terms after this busy Christmas period.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #687: Dec 22, 2011 06:04:37 am
      Terry will be dropped much like Lampard before the end of the season.

Probably a good piece of business by the Chavs if true.

Even though I think he's an average centre half.
      moh21
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #688: Dec 26, 2011 02:01:10 pm
      He's a good not great centre half made to look average because of the sh*t team he's playing in.
       His performances for England show he's good. Good buy for the rent boys!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #689: Dec 26, 2011 11:35:46 pm
      6 months ago, Gary Cahill was the answer to our CB problems.  Instead we bought Coates who has only played a handful of games (ipso facto, our CB problem remained unsolved) yet we have the best defence in the league, speaks volumes about people's opinions.  Generally speaking, if one believes the answer lies in the transfer market, there's an outstanding chance what people mean is "I don't know the answer, throw money at the problem" - case in point right here.

Quick Reply