Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sylvain Marveaux (Stade Rennais)

Read 59574 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Sylvain Marveaux (Stade Rennais)
      Reply #414: Jun 17, 2011 07:03:16 pm
      rorysmith_tel As has been confirmed in France, Sylvain Marveaux has failed his #LFC medical. Move not completely dead, but now in severe doubt.
      less than a minute ago

Hmmm interesting, will this force our hand into pursuing a more established left winger.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #415: Jun 17, 2011 07:03:54 pm
      rorysmith_tel As has been confirmed in France, Sylvain Marveaux has failed his #LFC medical. Move not completely dead, but now in severe doubt.
      less than a minute ago

Christ, if he's already failed a medical, I'd leave well alone.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #416: Jun 17, 2011 07:05:34 pm
      Hmmm interesting, will this force our hand into pursuing a more established left winger.

Yup probably. We know we need 2 left sided wingers so if this deal doesn't go through I could see us signing 2 left wingers. Probably 2 wingers out of Mata/Cazorla/Downing/N'zogbia

Also if Carroll and Aquliani can pass a medical, we need to stay far far away from Marveaux.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #417: Jun 17, 2011 07:09:36 pm
      I'd steer well clear now. We don't want to be paying someone who is going to be occupying the treatment table most of the time big money. We've done that too often in the past.

If we do move for a better player who might command a fee, it will be interesting to see if it has any effect on other deals such as the Charlie Adam one.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Jun 17, 2011 07:09:39 pm
      This could be the kick in the arse we need to go after a more established winger.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #419: Jun 17, 2011 07:10:15 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #420: Jun 17, 2011 07:13:36 pm
      Lets be honest Marveux was a Comolli signing, he was linked before Kenny was even in the job, so if he's failed a medical then it could give Kenny the green light he needs to openly pursue his preferred targets.

I'm a little disappointed myself as I expected this going through and although he could never be described as World class the thought of seeing someone on the left with pace, was something I was looking forward to.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #421: Jun 17, 2011 07:23:03 pm
      Well, we knew he was injury prone, and to top that, he fails his medical.

I agree with you guys who said we need to stay well clear of him now.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #422: Jun 17, 2011 07:28:34 pm

I agree with you guys who said we need to stay well clear of him now.
      OR, we could be smart and renegotiate his deal into something part salary, part pay-as-you-play.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #423: Jun 17, 2011 07:31:37 pm
      Shame that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #424: Jun 17, 2011 07:38:42 pm
      Or alternatively, he has seen the link, but has tried to look smart ... I've already seen the trick several times, when I was moderating the transfer boards at TIA ... He should be ashamed of himself and never try to pull the same trick again ... Our opinion on the sh*t-rag is well established ...

Your well wide of the mark having a go at Billy hes a good red no mistake. Is it not possible he didnt see the piece at the end mentioning the rag?

Dont give a sh*te were you used to be a mod dont assume you have everyone down to a tee
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #425: Jun 17, 2011 07:43:04 pm
      OR, we could be smart and renegotiate his deal into something part salary, part pay-as-you-play.

What? Why would you wanna do that?

BTW, the physio don't need another patient, cause he's hands are tied up already with Agger and Aurelio. ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #426: Jun 17, 2011 07:45:50 pm
      Your well wide of the mark having a go at Billy hes a good red no mistake. Is it not possible he didnt see the piece at the end mentioning the rag?

Dont give a sh*te were you used to be a mod dont assume you have everyone down to a tee

Last post I hope to see on the matter.

Billy is a Red to the core, and I don't need to hear from him to know this was anything other than a genuine mistake.

Everyone now please keep on topic, further sniping on anybody's part in this or other threads will be swiftly dealt with.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #427: Jun 17, 2011 07:50:08 pm

Everyone now please keep on topic, further sniping on anybody's part in this or other threads will be swiftly dealt with.

Is it ok to snipe on our own parts ?  :f_tongueincheek:

F**k I shot my knob off.  :roll:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #428: Jun 17, 2011 07:51:37 pm
      Marveaux Fails Liverpool Medical
      Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux has failed his medical at Liverpool, according to football.fr. The Frenchman was understood to have arrived on Merseyside today to complete his medical before putting pen to paper, but his dream of a move to Anfield now appears to be in tatters.

Marveaux, out of contract at Rennes, hasn’t played at all since suffering a serious groin injury against Brest in November and it is understood that the injury, one of many in his career already, is the cause of concern. The winger was set to sign a contract rumoured to be worth £60,000 per week, but will now be forced to look elsewhere for his footballing future.

He has had groin problems in the past, suffering a serious injury in August 2008, but some superb performances in the 2009-10 season put him on the radar of a number of clubs around Europe. The Reds have been linked with a move for Marveaux since he was spotted at Anfield during the defeat against Wolves in December, but the long standing courtship between the two parties seems now to be over.

The news is likely to be a bigger blow to Marveaux than it is to Liverpool. He never looked like a linchpin of the Reds’ summer rebuilding, more a move to increase the strength in depth of the squad. One must wonder where Marveaux turns next, however, as he looks for someone to take a gamble on his future fitness.

http://www.kopsource.com/marveaux-fails-liverpool-medical/
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #429: Jun 17, 2011 07:57:15 pm

People often talk about him being injury prone, without actually knowing the cause of his troubles ... Marveaux suffers from a condition called ''soft tissue calcification'' ... Since I am not a person with medical background to give you a competent explanation, you should look up in the medical encyclopedias for further info ... By the way, Agger suffers from the same condition ...
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #430: Jun 17, 2011 08:06:56 pm
      I dont see this move as dead yet. Firstly we dont know the reason for the failed medical 100% - but it looks like a percistant groin injury. This could either lower his wage, or change the length of his contract...

Did Ba not fail a medical earlier in the season? It could still work...
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #431: Jun 17, 2011 08:09:54 pm
      People often talk about him being injury prone, without actually knowing the cause of his troubles ... Marveaux suffers from a condition called ''soft tissue calcification'' ... Since I am not a person with medical background to give you a competent explanation, you should look up in the medical encyclopedias for further info ... By the way, Agger suffers from the same condition ...

How do you know that? and why do I need to do that?
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #432: Jun 17, 2011 08:18:10 pm

Another injury prone player is exactly what we don't need.  I've been saying it for months, and this confirms it for me.... we need to back out of this one and move onto the next one.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #433: Jun 17, 2011 08:21:23 pm
      Did Ba not fail a medical earlier in the season? It could still work...
      He did, mate but that was at Stoke then he signed for West Ham. Not sure if a player has ever failed a medical then signed for the same club?
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #434: Jun 17, 2011 10:44:07 pm
      Has anyone actually seen him play because on youtube theres no complimatoins or good scouting videos about Marveaux vs e.g PSG. There is none of that.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #435: Jun 17, 2011 11:03:59 pm
      Honestly, I am glad he flopped the medical. He is not at the calibre the New Liverpool FC needs to compete for the title next year. YNWA.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #436: Jun 17, 2011 11:44:40 pm

Sylvain Marveaux denies that he has failed the medical and expects to finalize his deal with LFC over the weekend ...

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Probleme-medical-a-Liverpool-Marveaux-dement_6346-1838542-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

Quick Reply