Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Hodgson has no fears for future

Read 6905 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Hodgson has no fears for future
      Reply #46: Dec 15, 2010 10:17:50 am
      He only talks about about investment to mask his performance, ya we may need investment but f**k me we have enough quality club to be beating Blackpool or Northampton and to be putting up better performances away then we have.  He spent Ā£10 f**king million on Poulsen and Konchesky.

If what Hodgson is saying is the case, is he telling us Hollaway has better resources a rubbish interview that is taking f**k all blame again for the teams performance.

I thought Konchesky was 3.5 mill and Poulsen 4.5, but if you say it amounts to 10 I must have got it wrong.

As for your point that we should be good enough to beat Blackpool or Northampton, of course you are right. Once again though, average players all too often give you average results. They often get themselves up for the bigger matches, but too often they aren't any better than the average players which fill up the teams of poorer clubs, and therefore you get too many poor results and unexpected defeats. It's not a new phenomenon either, few will have forgotten Reading as recently as last season, and our absolutely awful record over the years against newly promoted teams.

Then people say "how come we can do it at Home, it's obviously the set up and the managers fault". They may be right of course to some extent, but it is a fact of life that average players better with the crowd in behind them to urge them on. The good sides, the ones with true aspirations to win big trophies, go on the road and can even play sh!t and win. they can play far worse than we did at either Spurs or Newcastle and eek out the points. They degend properly, they dig in, in games of few chances when they get one they take it. They work for each other, they don't hide under pressure or allow the first setback to engender an "it isn't going to be our day" philosophy. In short they fight for the points. Hodgson has singularly failed in any attempts to get the team to play in this wasy, and in this sense he deserves criticism. It is also fair to say though that we haven't had that spirit for a long long time before Hodgson appeared on anybodies radar.     
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Dec 15, 2010 10:27:04 am
      Poulsen was Ā£5 million depends where you read it and if you remember Dalle Valle and Kancaniklic were also attached to the deal for Konchesky as well as cash. It was rumoured Fulham made a 33 million bid for Dalla Valle last season so if anything it is probably above.

What you seem to forget Mick because you keep bringing it up is Reading were in the Championship not near bottom of league 3.

Of course it is his fault away from home if you bothered to check his away record rather than just what is on wiki you would see he has an absolutley abysmal away record something which just can't be explained away as unlucky.

Hodgson is clearly out of his depth your blind Mick if you can't see that I saw that in June before he was appointed. His mangerial history tells you all you need to know about him
      LFCexiled
      Reply #48: Dec 15, 2010 10:35:36 am
      In response to the thread title, Hodgson may not have any fears for the future but I think there's one thing we can all agree on Hundreds of thousands of LFC fans have.

All of them fears caused by one invisible genie chinned old fool. Disgraceful.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #49: Dec 15, 2010 10:38:53 am
      Hodgson is clearly out of his depth your blind Mick if you can't see that I saw that in June before he was appointed. His mangerial history tells you all you need to know about him

Ah so it's an "I told you so" agenda, sorry I didn't realise. No doubt you said something along the lines of "believe me if we get rid of Rafa all you Rafa haters will be sorry, the new bloke won't do as good a job" as well.

Well I wasn't around here at the time, but nontheless I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. If you said Hodgson wouldn't do a great job it's looking like you were correct. It's even looking possible that he won't do better than Bentez's 7th in his latest effort, but that ones not quite such a certainty so I'd keep that under your hat until it's been decided.

I'm patting myself on the back as well because despite people being incredulous at the time, I told them Benitez would completely feck it up at Inter. We all get in right sometimes.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #50: Dec 15, 2010 10:46:15 am
      More cringe-worthy sh*te from the old fool.
      He must honestly believe himself because there's nobody
      else out there who does. Time to get rid A.S.A,P.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: Dec 15, 2010 10:48:30 am
      ... It was rumoured Fulham made a 33 million bid for Dalla Valle last season so if anything it is probably above.

I wanted Dalla Valle to stay but I may have been tempted to take Ā£33m for him :p
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #52: Dec 15, 2010 10:59:09 am
      We have been linked with cole again today that enough should make him worry because he wont be welcomed here.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Dec 15, 2010 11:02:51 am
      No I said Hodgson played negative football, we would be poor to watch and he was an extremely mediocre manager who never won anything in his career. He would flop miserably here. The posts are there to see. I posted them around May and June when he was being linked to us, thought we should have steered well clear of him. He was a british media myth.

Not that I take any satisfaction in it, but obviously like few on here I knew what Hodgson was really like.

Just saw that ya it was Ā£3 million my mistake ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Dec 15, 2010 11:06:55 am
      Ah so it's an "I told you so" agenda, sorry I didn't realise. No doubt you said something along the lines of "believe me if we get rid of Rafa all you Rafa haters will be sorry, the new bloke won't do as good a job" as well.

Well I wasn't around here at the time, but nontheless I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. If you said Hodgson wouldn't do a great job it's looking like you were correct. It's even looking possible that he won't do better than Bentez's 7th in his latest effort, but that ones not quite such a certainty so I'd keep that under your hat until it's been decided.

I'm patting myself on the back as well because despite people being incredulous at the time, I told them Benitez would completely feck it up at Inter. We all get in right sometimes.

Just wring plan wrong.  He may have been against Hodgson before he was signed, but the last thing ANY Liverpool fan wanted, was for Hodgson to be this poor.  I bet he takes no pleasure being right, which you seem to be doing with Voldemort he who should not be named.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #55: Dec 15, 2010 11:12:20 am
      So if Hodgson is allowed to build his own squad, I fear for the future....

Poulsen and Konchesky, 10M down the drain on players who ain't fit. And he's looking at Capdevila. Fair enough, he's good but at 32 years old?!?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #56: Dec 15, 2010 11:17:35 am
      No point barking at Roy to resign, he will not, he is waiting to be sacked and pocket the 3 mil. I'm asking,what is NESV doing? Still busy with the appointment of the CEO and board members and trying to figure out why we're in 9th spot with an almost full team of internationals? The phone-in is a joke and torturing, some old story ...... patience ... patience  ..... patience  .... 6 wins against 7 defeats, how much more we need to be patient? The phone in interview serves only one thing, a PR exercise to introduce that Werner guy.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #57: Dec 15, 2010 11:49:30 am
      Hasn't almost every single fan been saying the club needs loads of money to improve over the last few years though? Isn't that why we never reached our potential under Rafa because the club wasn't invested in properly? Now Hodgson says it, all of a sudden it's wrong?

Sorry, but Roy is spot f**king on that the club needs investment because the vast majority of the first team is below Liverpool standard - as is Roy Hodgson. He may not be right for some of the things he said, but that one he is.
      Well in there DLS!

What you have just said, will wind so many on here up but it is bang on!

This will wind 'em up even more regardless of what we all think of Hodgson. The squad we have is 95% Benitez'.

So when Hodgson says we need investment, he is damn right. But 'cos it's Hodgson in charge, people will see through that just to get him out.
      I was a supporter of Hodgson when he came in but not so sure now, but he isn't wrong when he says the squad needs more.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Dec 15, 2010 11:53:03 am
      The man is here since June, I think there is at least 15 managers in the Premiership that would have done a better job, I don't think some people don't realise how important tactics are I really don't.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #59: Dec 15, 2010 11:54:17 am
      Well in there DLS!

What you have just said, will wind so many on here up but it is bang on!

This will wind 'em up even more regardless of what we all think of Hodgson. The squad we have is 95% Benitez'.

So when Hodgson says we need investment, he is damn right. But 'cos it's Hodgson in charge, people will see through that just to get him out.
      I was a supporter of Hodgson when he came in but not so sure now, but he isn't wrong when he says the squad needs more.

What's the argument exactly? Rafa was forced into a buy to sell and that's why the squad became depleted. You can't back up Hodgson because he's using the words that Rafa and some players used for the last 2 seasons.

His failings are not financial but tactical and verbal.

The man is clutching at straws, it's just the death throes of an owl that's just been attacked by a Hawk.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #60: Dec 15, 2010 11:55:24 am
      yer and if anchlotti leaves chelsea I think  frank rikard will be there next manager
      Thats a good point when a top manager becomes available you need to act quickly.I dont think any managerial changes will take place until a new CEO comes in and he will want to bed in before making chnages so I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season how scary is that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #61: Dec 15, 2010 11:56:06 am
      "Every interview a manager gives he says the word disappointed.  It's the latest buzzword. I'm going to try and use a different word.

I was disappointed with the defeat at Newcastle."
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #62: Dec 15, 2010 11:59:22 am
      "Now the only team with better results than us in the last 5 or 6 games is The Arsenal, or maybe now Manchester United"

Form guide.  Last 6 games.

1. Man Utd
      2. Man City
      3. Spurs
      4. Arsenal
      5. Bolton
      6. Stoke
      7. Blackpool
      8. Sunderland
      9. Blackburn
      10. West Brom
      11. Liverpool
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #63: Dec 15, 2010 12:01:53 pm
      The problem is not Roy saying we need investment, it's Roy saying everyday the contrary of what he said the previous day.

Remember Roy just before the last game :

ā€œIf they want to invest lots of money and we find the right players I am not so stupid as to say not to do it,ā€ he said. ā€œBut it would be sensible to be more circumspect and get a closer a look. It would not be bad to keep testing the squad we have.

ā€œMy message would be ā€“ and I have spoken to John [Henry of FSG] about it ā€“ if the right players become available and we think they can really push us on and we can get them, we shouldnā€™t hesitate. But I shouldnā€™t be encouraging them to throw a lot of money at it straight away. Iā€™d plead for patience. "

Another problem is Roy bigging up average players after an easy home win, to the point they become lazy in the next match, then damaging their confidence after an away defeat, when they should expect protection from their manager, only blaming their quality instead of recognizing his tactics had their part in the failure.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Dec 15, 2010 12:01:55 pm
      And his media pals are buying these lies
      LFCexiled
      Reply #65: Dec 15, 2010 12:04:28 pm
      "Now the only team with better results than us in the last 5 or 6 games is The Arsenal, or maybe now Manchester United"

Form guide.  Last 6 games.

1. Man Utd
      2. Man City
      3. Spurs
      4. Arsenal
      5. Bolton
      6. Stoke
      7. Blackpool
      8. Sunderland
      9. Blackburn
      10. West Brom
      11. Liverpool

:lmao:

Just reading that out aloud brings home how stupid the man is. It hurts but the man is laughable.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #66: Dec 15, 2010 12:04:34 pm
      What's the argument exactly? Rafa was forced into a buy to sell and that's why the squad became depleted. You can't back up Hodgson because he's using the words that Rafa and some players used for the last 2 seasons.

His failings are not financial but tactical and verbal.

The man is clutching at straws, it's just the death throes of an owl that's just been attacked by a Hawk.

Hodgson had to sell two youngsters to buy Konchesky. Had to loan out Aquilani to get Poulsen. Had to sell Cavalieri to get Jones. Had to sell Mascherano to get Meireles. Not that, that makes good reading for Hodgson mind. But he to as worked under a sell to buy transfer policy because his only transfer window with us was under Hicks and Gillett.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #67: Dec 15, 2010 12:13:44 pm
      So he basically weakend his own squad thats good planning. Then he blamed Rafa even more interesting.Then he said the squad was better than he thought but now it isnt.He slagged of his own players and had a go at the fans, its like a massive motorway pile up.
      The only question really is why is he still here.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #68: Dec 15, 2010 12:13:52 pm
      Hodgson had to sell two youngsters to buy Konchesky. Had to loan out Aquilani to get Poulsen. Had to sell Cavalieri to get Jones. Had to sell Mascherano to get Meireles. Not that, that makes good reading for Hodgson mind. But he to as worked under a sell to buy transfer policy because his only transfer window with us was under Hicks and Gillett.

Your right DLS it makes awful reading. Just adds credence to how sh*t his judgement is really. The Masch/Meireles thing wasn't as cut and dried as buy to sell though. Masch was gone no matter what and meireles was already on his way because of Rafa. The only successful signing out of all of them and he can't even figure out his best position even though he said in the summer that he wouldn't sign a player without knowing his position.

Quick Reply