Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool 0-0 FC Utrecht: In-game and post match boredom

Read 48326 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 FC Utrecht: In-game and post match boredom
      Reply #598: Dec 15, 2010 11:08:43 pm
      Can't F***** stand Colly doggin More.However stated the obvious when he said  "there were not many out there that would get on the team sheet on Saturday"Agree to a point but some decent efforts imo.
      Kelly,Shelvey,Wilson and Pacheco.Along with Aurelio far far superior to C**Tcheski.
      Finally,hate to say it but Dirk was again Dire.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #599: Dec 15, 2010 11:26:16 pm
      I think Kelly is our future Carragher. Good utility defender who can play anywhere, but I'd prefer him in the center in the future. He did whip in a couple of great crosses although.

Pacheco looked good, started off brightly and then started playing like the rest of the midfielders. Still looked more comfortable coming through the middle than out wide.

Cole and Babel were awful. I keep thinking that this game will be the game Babel puts it together, and I'm more often than not disappointed. Sell him or use as a makeweight to get a better player in the winter. Same with Cole. He is just not good enough right now and I wish we had kept Yossi.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #600: Dec 15, 2010 11:41:57 pm
      Don't know if it's been mentioned previously, but why was Torres on the bench?

Roy obviously had no intention to play him, so why wasn't he allowed the night off with his family? Roy is a fool.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #601: Dec 15, 2010 11:43:35 pm
      What a great match!

What no one else agree??!

:D
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #602: Dec 15, 2010 11:44:34 pm
      Jaysus, that was dull. First game for my two boys and they were more entertained by the bouncing Utrecht fans. Pacheco, Kelly, Shelvey, Aurelio and Wilson all put in a good shift. Jones had nothing to do, but collected well. Jovanovic was unlucky first half, Cole in the second... but Joe still looks off the pace. Poulsen may as well have put a Utrecht shirt on, the number of times he gave the ball away. And as for Babel, another one of those lazy games. I really want him to shine for us, but it's just not happening. I'm glad I only paid £20 for three tickets... but even so, I feel swindled.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #603: Dec 15, 2010 11:47:09 pm
      Jaysus, that was dull. First game for my two boys and they were more entertained by the bouncing Utrecht fans. Pacheco, Kelly, Shelvey, Aurelio and Wilson all put in a good shift. Jones had nothing to do, but collected well. Jovanovic was unlucky first half, Cole in the second... but Joe still looks off the pace. Poulsen may as well have put a Utrecht shirt on, the number of times he gave the ball away. And as for Babel, another one of those lazy games. I really want him to shine for us, but it's just not happening. I'm glad I only paid £20 for three tickets... but even so, I feel swindled.
      It was a disgrace. They bring young lads and girls into Anfield for free to watch that.

That isent going to motivate anyone to want to play football.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #604: Dec 16, 2010 12:22:02 am
      Poulsen is awful. No offence to Utrecht but Poulsen is worse than a team supposedly inferior to us.

And, Fabio Aurelio just shows why the LB spot is his. How on earth he is 2nd to Konchesky is beyond me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #605: Dec 16, 2010 12:32:02 am
       No denying the sky is blue fro me, that was utter sh!t.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #606: Dec 16, 2010 12:51:15 am
      Have to say our group stage campaign was depressing. Yeah, we topped the table but 2 wins (not surprising both at Anfield) and 4 draws?

That's just pathetic because no offence (again) we're should be far superior than Utrecht, Steaua Bucharest and Napoli and easily could have got 18 out of 18.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #607: Dec 16, 2010 12:58:16 am
       I think given that the manager has played the kids, it's not a bad effort to win the group. Certainly compared to our league campaign, the Europa league has been a rip roaring success. There have been times when we've gone away and I've winced at the team sheet, but by and large we've faired OK.

That said, if we draw anybody half decent in the next stages we are going to have to step it up big style. they said opn the commentary tonight that Athletico Madrid are strggling to qualify, and with the greatest respect they are a much better team than any we've played so far.

It's by far our best chance of a trophy though, so hopefully we pull our finger out.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #608: Dec 16, 2010 01:28:36 am
      Whilst I was watching the apprentice the game went doing into the depths of rubbish. We need a change, this is depressing!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #609: Dec 16, 2010 01:34:22 am
      Would rather have seen Cole or Maxi dropped deep then ever see Poulson again
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #610: Dec 16, 2010 01:48:01 am
      So I managed to not hear the result, get home after a 12 hour shift and watch the game.  Some OK performances for the most part, in a largely dull match, but with a couple of notable exceptions.  Babel was truly inept for the majority of the fixture & did Poulsen manage to play a pass, further the 10 yards, that wasn't overhit?    
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #611: Dec 16, 2010 02:12:47 am
      So I managed to not hear the result, get home after a 12 hour shift and watch the game.  Some OK performances for the most part, in a largely dull match, but with a couple of notable exceptions.  Babel was truly inept for the majority of the fixture & did Poulsen manage to play a pass, further the 10 yards, that wasn't overhit?   
      I feel so sorry that you had to watch what we saw.

Someone should have told you so you didnt waste your time.

Everything was terrible.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #612: Dec 16, 2010 06:26:30 am
      If Roy cannot see that Poulsen is nowhere good enough for Liverpool he is wearing blinkers and is far to stubborn.Poulsen may well have been a good midfielder at one time,but he has lost it now anyone can see that.Nowhere near good enough for the prem and you could argue he only has a bench role for the uefa cup.I can understand most of the performances last night,there were a lot of new faces and there were glimmers of hope at times.Not good to watch though.Role on Fulham,can only think it will be a lot better performance.Lets hope so!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #613: Dec 16, 2010 06:50:02 am
      The inimitable Henry Winter.

Too bored to post whole article.

If you want to lift your finger the article in full is here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8204170/Liverpool-0-FC-Utrecht-0-match-report.html

Usual pictures of our Inglorious b***ard Leader stroking chin ..... 3 sequential shots of .....quite good   and his half lifted arms of desperation.

Truly awful.

Even those given free tickets on Wednesday night could legitimately question the value for money.

Even the Kop, usually such a reliable choir, were muted by the stultifying nature of this Europa League tie. Even the silence of the home fans was broken only by a few boos at full-time.

One of the 37,800 poor souls gathered inside Anfield, a fan dressed as Santa Claus, walked out early and you know it's serious when Father Christmas turns his back on you at this time of year.

The man of a miserable match had to be Kristinn Jakobsson (referee) for the sweet relief of that final whistle.

Excellent Henry.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #614: Dec 16, 2010 08:13:49 am
      well if we dont get Rid of Poulson in jan, then the pr**k of a manager Im just not gonna bother buying any more tickets for games. utter utter sh*t. Its a sad day when I have to say I hope that Fulham do us on Saturday that way it will put more pressure on Hodgson to get the boot & he can take that Poulson with him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #615: Dec 16, 2010 08:26:12 am
      Don't know if it's been mentioned previously, but why was Torres on the bench?

Roy obviously had no intention to play him, so why wasn't he allowed the night off with his family? Roy is a fool.

It turns out he did have every intention to play him but was warned by the medical team to do one. By the way he apolagised to the press for telling them he was playing Torres only not to, any chance of an apology to us fans Roy for handing up that sh*te?

On that point while I do hold him responsible the players must also take some flak.Passing and general use of the brain was terrible last night. In the first half Kelly played a simple ball to Jovaovich who with his return pass had Kelly turning to sprint after the ball, it was a simple 10 yard pass!!

Hate to say it but at present we are a shambolic joke
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #616: Dec 16, 2010 08:35:12 am
      One second.... Are people really in love with Danni that much? Are people really describing his performance as good?? Gedagrip!!! He wasn't dire, didn't play terrible but a couple forward balls doesn't hide the fact that he played sh*te like most of the other players..I'm not writing him off at all and know he'll be a class act eventually but he like others had a bad game (constantly caught on the ball). I hate the way favoured players are exempt from criticism and unfavoured players are the root of all evil.. Although it wasn't hard to be, Babel was one of our liveliest players but still gets his daily mullering.
      To be honest.. Under Roys set up its probably hard for most players to find form.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #617: Dec 16, 2010 08:39:23 am
      One second.... Are people really in love with Danni that much? Are people really describing his performance as good?? Gedagrip!!! He wasn't dire, didn't play terrible but a couple forward balls doesn't hide the fact that he played sh*te like most of the other players..I'm not writing him off at all and know he'll be a class act eventually but he like others had a bad game (constantly caught on the ball). I hate the way favoured players are exempt from criticism and unfavoured players are the root of all evil.. Although it wasn't hard to be, Babel was one of our liveliest players but still gets his daily mullering.
      To be honest.. Under Roys set up its probably hard for most players to find form.

Defending Babel's preformance?  Awful first touch all game, only once did he look like he was up for the fight after losing the ball cheaply & his passing in and around the box was atrocious.  Looked lively?  I might give you 'looked alive' at a push, but he & Poulsen were the worse two players on the pitch last night.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #618: Dec 16, 2010 08:57:35 am
      I think given that the manager has played the kids, it's not a bad effort to win the group. Certainly compared to our league campaign, the Europa league has been a rip roaring success. There have been times when we've gone away and I've winced at the team sheet, but by and large we've faired OK.

That said, if we draw anybody half decent in the next stages we are going to have to step it up big style. they said opn the commentary tonight that Athletico Madrid are strggling to qualify, and with the greatest respect they are a much better team than any we've played so far.

It's by far our best chance of a trophy though, so hopefully we pull our finger out.

Rip roaring success is pretty F***ing optimistic, regarldess of how you spin it. We have looked dire in most of our matches, and its only the equal averageness of our opposition that has seen us finish top.

Fact is, in the Champions League i EXPECT Liverpool to win at least 3 of their group matches, as thats what we need to qualify. Europa? We should be able to put money on winning four games, and then maybe let a couple results slide. To win just two games, and finish top, is a bit of a weird situation - but damning also. Because we won two games and finish top - okay, well done, we finished top. But then what the F**k? We won two games in a group and finished top? What does that say about our opposition?! And therefore, what does that say about us that we only won two games?!

I have had a couple beers and am tired, so i hope that made sense. But there is no way, regardless of how you spin it, i can think of the Europa league campaign thusfar as a "rip roaring success."
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #619: Dec 16, 2010 08:58:22 am
      It turns out he did have every intention to play him but was warned by the medical team to do one. By the way he apolagised to the press for telling them he was playing Torres only not to, any chance of an apology to us fans Roy for handing up that sh*te?

On that point while I do hold him responsible the players must also take some flak.Passing and general use of the brain was terrible last night. In the first half Kelly played a simple ball to Jovaovich who with his return pass had Kelly turning to sprint after the ball, it was a simple 10 yard pass!!

Hate to say it but at present we are a shambolic joke
      Have to agree Brian, it was a case of some being worse than others but Poulsen was the yardstick it's got to be said.
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #620: Dec 16, 2010 09:06:31 am
      What a poor performance from our 2nd team
      Thought Kelly and Eccleston looked quite good. Poulsen was F***ing shocking as always and babel and pacheco didnt shine at all like expected.
      Lets hope we get a kind draw tomorrow, cuz on that evidence we will be over powered by a halfdecent side

Quick Reply