Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Would you be satisfied if we finish 5/6th...?

Read 13591 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Re: Would you be satisfied if we finish 5/6th...?
      Reply #69: Jan 11, 2011 03:27:27 pm
      Well 3 points tomorrow would be a great start.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #70: Jan 11, 2011 03:31:45 pm
      Of course we would all me 'satisfied' with 1st but F**k me we have got to be real.

We are in the wrong half of the table, just got rid of the worst manager in our history and replaced him with The King as well as ridding the H & G virus that has infected our club and you're not going to be happy this season unless we are 1st.

All well and good with the attitude of nothing but 1st is good enough but that isn't going to happen this year.

When we don't finish 1st who are you going to direct your displeasure at? Kenny?

Well it's not gonna happen with that attitude is it? You've already thrown in the towel. Have you not seen the club overcome the odds time and time and time again? But nah lets F**k it, lets stop believing and lets just give in. Lets hand the League on a platter for those above us.

As for who I am going to vent my displeasure at. I'll vent it at players not performing and I'll vent it at managers making the wrong decisions like I always do. I don't blame an individual, I'm aware that football is a team game and we win, lose, draw and finish in the table as a team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Jan 11, 2011 03:36:03 pm
      top 6, given the start we have had, I would now take. At the beginning of the year the thought of finishing below top 4 would have appauled me.

Realistically now though top 4 is beyond us, and talk of finishing first is pie in the sky. Maybe and that is a big maybe, we would if the league started tomorow, but it doesn't we are so far offf the mark, and are relying on 5/6 other teams all losing in a particular sequence of results.

From this position it is unreasonable to demand anything other than to try to win every game.

I think we are going to finish 5th/6th/7th.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #72: Jan 11, 2011 03:39:56 pm
      Well it's not gonna happen with that attitude is it? You've already thrown in the towel. Have you not seen the club overcome the odds time and time and time again? But nah lets f**k it, lets stop believing and lets just give in. Lets hand the League on a platter for those above us.

As for who I am going to vent my displeasure at. I'll vent it at players not performing and I'll vent it at managers making the wrong decisions like I always do. I don't blame an individual, I'm aware that football is a team game and we win, lose, draw and finish in the table as a team.

I aint thrown in any towel just being a bit of a realist at this stage of this season and this season only.

I believed we would win the FA Cup when I woke up on Sunday morning and I woke up on Monday morning believing that we are going to win the Europa League and that we can nick a CL spot.

Next season I will be believing we can win the F***ing lot.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #73: Jan 11, 2011 03:40:31 pm
      I wouldn't call it "satisfied", but it certainly wouldn't be the worst place we could finish!
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #74: Jan 11, 2011 04:06:12 pm
      I wouldn't call it "satisfied", but it certainly wouldn't be the worst place we could finish!

agree with that

if we get a run going though and other teams hit bad form, maybe 4th is still possible.. would be a miracle after the first half of the season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #75: Jan 11, 2011 04:07:04 pm
      Well if we are all going back to the good old days the only thing that matters is Blackpool where we finish will take care of itself if we start winning football matches.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #76: Jan 11, 2011 04:08:04 pm
      agree with that

if we get a run going though and other teams hit bad form, maybe 4th is still possible.. would be a miracle after the first half of the season.

Remember Istanbul  ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #77: Jan 11, 2011 04:18:55 pm
      Beat Blackpool on Wednesday and we're level on games and 9 points off over-taking spurs for 4th. Given the fact that spurs are having an up and down season as regards results then 4th is a possibilty and now the dark cloud that was hodgson has floated back down spurs neck of the woods I feel we have a good chance of snatching 4th.

What i'd be happy with at the end of the season given the mathematical situation of being (as of today) 15 points off 3rd, 17 off 2nd and 19 off 3rd is a Europa League win, 4th in the Prem and the associated CL revenue that won't be sucked into a money pit thus giving us a springboard for NESV to fire us into next season.

All in all after basically pissing half a season down the pan I think that if Kenny managed that it would be a massively excellent achievement.
      red-machine
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts |
      Reply #78: Jan 11, 2011 04:24:36 pm
      if we win at blackpool tomorrow we will be only 8 points behind 4th place on level games so i think we could just scrape 4th this season. especially with a few quality signings and getting nando firing again.

having said that given the circumstances this season i think 5th would be a great achievement i mean the first half of the season is basically a write off.

next season should be fun tho! the scum must be shittin themselves at the thought of us maybe having KK long term.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #79: Jan 11, 2011 04:33:25 pm
      Basically for us to stand any chance for a good finish we at least need a quality Striker to come in in this transfer window.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #80: Jan 11, 2011 04:40:44 pm
      No, I wouldn't be happy finishing 6th/5th because it would mean us missing out on Champions League football again. (I say CL football instead of Premier League winners because I believe 1st is unrealistic whilst 4th is not)

So would I be satisfied? no. Would I accept it? yes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #81: Jan 11, 2011 04:44:52 pm
      F**k 6th. F**k the whole table.

Kenny's here now, let's just win some games and see what happens. I'm sure Kenny will be going all out for the Europa League too.

If I was pushed to give a position we will finish then I'd say 6th. Would I be happy with that? No. But I'd take that if it means we win the Europa League.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #82: Jan 11, 2011 04:54:06 pm
      No, obviously, but bare in mind the drivel we have had for 5 months Id take 5th on the chin with the UEFA cuo in the bag as well
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #83: Jan 11, 2011 05:12:25 pm
      Well I see it like this ,  At this point We cannot go back and re-play our already played matches, so the reality is we are !2th, (mainly, thanks to roy's defensive tactics)
         we have 18 matches left , lets start with a good performance and 3 points tomorrow,  then the same for the derby  and so on for the next game after that,try and win as much games as possible, possibly ALL ,thats 54 points playing for then we will see where we finish, if 1st is difficult  hope its a top 4 one,   its difficult BUT can be done,As always LIVERPOOL should aim for the highest place possible

YNWA

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011 05:30:56 pm by carragerrard »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Jan 11, 2011 05:55:42 pm
      It may not be enough, but it's not enough to be satisfied with anything other than first either. If we're being satisfied with second or lower, then we're accepting we're no longer the greatest club in world football.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's. ...  ;D

The day 'we' accepted and put our 'faith' in that F**k-wit Hodgson was the day 'we' accepted mediocrity at the greatest club in world football. Thankfully 'we' got rid of him. Sadly not soon enough (for this season) but we'll be back.

Yet you are, seriously, telling me that if we were to win all our games from here in and not win the League - that I should NOT be satisfied? F**k THAT.  

Seriously tho' . ...F**k THAT!  ;D

Well it's not gonna happen with that attitude is it? You've already thrown in the towel.

Wow. Do you honestly believe that whatever what-a-hit-son may or may not believe will have any bearing on our season? Seriously? You crazy, hippy eejit.    :laughing-smiley-014:
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011 06:02:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Jan 11, 2011 05:59:03 pm
      Foolish to say no, IMO. We're 12th for heaven's sake.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #86: Jan 11, 2011 07:15:03 pm
      He might do sh*t this season?

But if the football improves and we are not negative like under Roy, then let him sign a few players in the summer and he will improve us next season.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #87: Jan 11, 2011 07:32:10 pm
      I can't say I would be happy but anything above the 7th would be better than  last season but come on let's face it cl would be very un realistic with the sh*te start we have had under roy , actualy I has feared relegation 5 or 6th would be great ...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Jan 11, 2011 07:46:40 pm
      Our form recently could've left us 5th or 6th from bottom at the end of the season (never mind the top), or worse.
      So if Kenny can reverse this and get us up to 5th or 6th, it really would be a great achievement.

Just looking at City today, not one of the 'traditional top4', signing Dzeko, with Adeybayor and Santa Cruz surplus to requirements, and also how Spurs seem to be getting more consistent (something they had fallen down for years on), as well as keeping things ticking over in the CL, it shows how much we have fallen behind. We have a huge job to do - but the King has gotten of to a good start ...
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #89: Jan 11, 2011 07:48:43 pm
      Its important not to confuse a lack of belief with realism. We are presently 12th. From this position if we get to 5th or 6th its successful. Not successful inasmuch as we are LFC fans and first is first and second is first loser, but successful given the context in which we are approaching this phase of the season.

With Kenny in charge its a whole different picture and as I said in an earlier post if the season started against Blackpool I would put good money on us winning the league. However, that is not the position we are in, we are 12th, it's not a level playing field!! So even though we expect LFC to win and desire nothing short of this, the reality of this is that a top 6 position will be deemed succesful given where we are.

That doesn't mean I lack faith in the team, quite the opposite; it means now Kenny is here I have great faith in him guiding the club back to the top. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #90: Jan 11, 2011 07:55:52 pm
      Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's. ...  ;D

The day 'we' accepted and put our 'faith' in that F**k-wit Hodgson was the day 'we' accepted mediocrity at the greatest club in world football. Thankfully 'we' got rid of him. Sadly not soon enough (for this season) but we'll be back.

Yet you are, seriously, telling me that if we were to win all our games from here in and not win the League - that I should NOT be satisfied? F**k THAT. 

Seriously tho' . ...F**k THAT!  ;D

OK you and the rest be satisfied with fifth, sixth or wherever. You have a homecoming and welcome the lads home with a fantastic achievement of fifth. I'm sure we'll look back on the season with one of so much joy coming fifth. It'll rank up there as one of our finest hours. Yes, we came fifth. Can't wait for that party.

Wow. Do you honestly believe that whatever what-a-hit-son may or may not believe will have any bearing on our season? Seriously? You crazy, hippy eejit.    :laughing-smiley-014:

So fans believing doesn't affect the season? Fans going the game believing that we'll win, help the side win. Fans believing we'll lose, usually ends up with a side F***ing about in the wrong half of the table. Fans believing that fifth or sixth is a great achievement for this club makes players believe that's the standard.

Luckily we have a manager who realises that coming fifth or sixth is nothing to be proud of for this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #91: Jan 11, 2011 08:04:00 pm
      Don't get me wrong i love Liverpool but you have to be realistic we have played 20 games we have only scored 24 goals and conceded 27 goal even if Kenny turns our fortunes around very quickly, we will do well to finish 6th just because we are Liverpool FC we haven't got a god given right to win the league. We have just got to hope Kenny steadies the ship and over the next 2 or 3 seasons build on stable ground.
         The turmoil the club have been through with Alonso. Masch leaving no replacements, the club almost going into administration, the unfortunate selection of our manager, worst set of results for 50 odd years, all take a toll, one which Kenny more than half a season to sort out

Quick Reply