Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??

Read 11814 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2011 07:42:30 pm
      No.

And the reason is simple, I wouldn't have to. If things started going tits up for Kenny and we were on a downward spiral under him, his affection for the club would be so strong that he'd walk away anyway. Kenny's love for the club comes before Kenny wanting to be manager. So I wouldn't have to call for Kenny's head as he'd be man enough to walkaway.
      AGREE 100%

Kenny is not acting as coach because he has something to prove or needs a stepping stone to get another coaching spot.  He is arguably one of the top 3 coaches in Liverpool history behind Paisley and Shankly.  Which by default makes him one of the top 10 in history of the game.  He took over because he cannot stand to see whats happening.  I wouldnt be surprised if he tried to play..;D..

The guy is the absolute gamer and will do whats best for LFC not his ego. If he brings up a Cup and our 19th Title..Awesome.  If a new coach wants to come in and its best for LFC then he would step aside.  He is still involved in the Academy, he is the LFC Ambassador and he is a defacto GM/board member.  He won a League Title with Blackburn for Christs sake', how the hell do you do that, but he did.  We know he is going to be the Director of Operations in the future and he will eventually retire from LFC an even bigger legend than he is now.
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2011 09:46:41 pm
      Never ever. If events transpired that made clear he wasn't what we needed, he would do what is best for the club and step aside.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2011 10:54:38 pm
      This thread is f**king ridiculous.

I'm all for a debate and open ideas for topics to discuss but this one takes the cake! Kenny's only had 2 games back. Jesus Christ, what next?

This! There has been enough negativity surrounding this club so lets start backing the team and manager 100% and thinking positive and not starting such pointless topics 2 games into new management under the one who virtually all of us wanted to take the job.

Locked.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #72: Mar 19, 2011 08:21:41 pm
      Topic unlocked.

Recently, it seems some people want get some stuff off their chest and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If people can't be respectful to each other though and this thread goes down the pan with childish and petty arguments, it'll be locked and staff reserve the right to hand some bans out if they see fit.

Personally I wouldn't ever call for Kennys head. Never. He is like part of the family and I know he'll always do his best (which is proven brilliance) for our club. And I know for a fact if things were going pearshaped under his leadership, then he'd make the decision to step down if he thought it was needed to benefit the club.

Like a lot of us said when he took over. The players have nowhere to hide now. The sooner some of them are shifted out and replaced with people who can pass the ball, the better.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #73: Mar 19, 2011 08:31:54 pm
      I think theres a difference between discussing Kennys future and knee-jerking, of which theres been abit of both knocking about over the last few days.

On Thursday night in the match topic, I saw Kenny Dalglish being regarded as "Not a European manager" after 4 games, as being "out of the game for too long" and "Not being the right man to take us forward". Those are knee jerks. Discussing his future is not. Everyones entitled to their own opinions, but at the moment, for me he is the right man to stabalise this club, and that is what we need, stabilsation.

I would never call for Kennys head, but I won't shy away from criticiism either, if we have played bad, I'll say we have played bad, like we did on Thursday. We got the tactics wrong and it also showed the limited ability of the squad when it didn't work.

But Kenny came back to help the club, not to promote his own image, he deserves gratitude, not criticism. I will NEVER call for his head, simply for what this man has given to this club, if it doesn't work out in the next few months, the King will know himself and step down. The man is a legend, and always will be.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 09:15:17 pm by Dannylfc »
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #74: Mar 19, 2011 08:33:53 pm
      Topic unlocked.

Recently, it seems some people want get some stuff off their chest and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If people can't be respectful to each other though and this thread goes down the pan with childish and petty arguments, it'll be locked and staff reserve the right to hand some bans out if they see fit.

Personally I wouldn't ever call for Kennys head. Never. He is like part of the family and I know he'll always do his best (which is proven brilliance) for our club. And I know for a fact if things were going pearshaped under his leadership, then he'd make the decision to step down if he thought it was needed to benefit the club.

Like a lot of us said when he took over. The players have nowhere to hide now. The sooner some of them are shifted out and replaced with people who can pass the ball, the better.

I think I commented on this thread previously, I said that if he was doing a bad job I would call for his head, however, like you mentioned, if he was doing a bad job I have no doubt he would step down and do best for Liverpool.

I don't think he will do a bad job and if he is given the job for next season, I see us in the top 4 at least.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #75: Mar 19, 2011 08:34:01 pm
      All nonsense about Kenny should be banned!!!!!!
      Its not debate its sacrelidge.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #76: Mar 19, 2011 08:36:58 pm
      If things got really dire then yes I could BUT that is the thing about kenny and his love for the club, I don't think he'd ever let it get to that point.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #77: Mar 19, 2011 09:06:03 pm
      No.

Kenny has too much of his heart and head in this club.
      Its such a big part of his life.

He would certainly know if he couldn't give it his all or he felt he wasn't achieving what he thought others might.

I called for Hodgson to go and Benitez to go. I could not and would not call for Kenny to go.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #78: Mar 19, 2011 09:31:29 pm
      This is ridiculous ...No way in hell
      He is king kenny for god sake , what are we even talking about here  ?!!!!!
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #79: Mar 19, 2011 09:35:13 pm
      Neverrrrrrrr please lock this ridiculous thread!!!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #80: Mar 19, 2011 09:42:31 pm
      Doesn't Kenny actually have to be the permanent manager before he can be relieved of his duties. Anyways that's only technical matters/ stuff that doesn't matter.

No I could not. Done too much for the club, and city to ever say a bad word about him. We can criticise his tactics or the likes, after-all no-one is immune from criticism but I could never, ever call for his head.

I'm pretty sure that Kenny himself, being his own biggest critic would know himself when the right time to leave would be at. He would do it for the sake of the club if he felt he had taken the club as far as he could and would put the club's welfare ahead of his own image and ego.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #81: Mar 19, 2011 09:43:20 pm
      If it ever happened that the fans called for his head then this would be the day i stop supporting the club.
      In other words it will never happen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #82: Mar 19, 2011 09:47:52 pm
      I wouldn't have to, Kenny would step down of his own accord if he believed he couldn't take us any further forwards.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #83: Mar 19, 2011 10:12:27 pm
      For all the reasons stated it shouldn't happen. The worrying thing however is that in the current footballing world it could. How many Liverpool 'fans' do you know who are from the Sky generation. Who think football was invented in 1992. Who never saw Kenny play, who never saw him manage. Those who RTK were so vocal against. Those who think following the trends started by Soccer AM are a good thing. (Let's not forget that when they suggested a goalscorer should kiss the camera one of the first to do it was Stevie G at the scum house)
      It grieves me to say this but that sort of supporter could, just could do it. Of course it would be down tho those of us who know our history to point out the error of their ways.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #84: Mar 19, 2011 10:27:48 pm
      As some sensible people have already said, it would never come to a situation were we would need to call for KKs head. The guy has too much self respect and if things did go wrong, he would go of his own accord. He would not need to be pushed. That is the kind of man he is.

Anyone who says any different, knows nothing imo.

So for me the topic question could not be answered, it's a situation that could not arise.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #85: Mar 19, 2011 10:44:14 pm
      I wouldn't have to, Kenny would step down of his own accord if he believed he couldn't take us any further forwards.
      This.
      Alexandre78
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #86: Mar 19, 2011 10:48:53 pm
      No. But as many have said here, he would leave if it was for the benefit of the club. He would do what's best for Liverpool.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #87: Mar 19, 2011 10:50:22 pm
      A resounding NO from me - he might F**k up, and he shouldn't be immune from criticism, but he's done pretty well so far.

IF nesv decide not to renew his contract, that's not being sacked, and I firmly believe there should always be a place for him at the club.

IF, he thought someone else could do better, I am sure that he would step down of his own accord - he wants what's best for the club, not himself, unlike that red nosed tw*t down the road.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #88: Mar 19, 2011 11:07:47 pm
      Anyone in their right mind, and anyone who seriously supports Liverpool would never call for Kenny Dalglish's head.

He is the best thing that's happened to Liverpool in the last few years, dragged us out of the relegation zone and got us in a decent position in the League, all that within just about 10 weeks is nothing short of remarkable in my opinion.

Let him get on with the job he's been entrusted to do, it will take time, there's no short way to success, we have to be patient, but all good things come to those who wait.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #89: Mar 19, 2011 11:20:02 pm

Let him get on with the job he's been entrusted to do, it will take time, there's no short way to success, we have to be patient, but all good things come to those who wait.

We waited 20 years to bring him home, soI'm sure we can all aford him the same patience we showed Houllier and Rafa who when they came in, wernt even Liverpool men as such and when I say Liverpool men I mean the bootroom, ex players etc, before some one tries to tell me Ged stood on the Kop whilst he was at University. ;D
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #90: Mar 19, 2011 11:22:43 pm
      No and never.

If Kenny cant, who can?

He needs time. And he will get it right! ;)

I am sticking with this a few good signings in the summer and we will be back challenging,As everybody else says Kenny is Liverpool to the core,if he thought he could not do the job he wold walk away,no doubt about it.He is a Liverpool legend.I hope he gets it right in the summer,He and backroom staff have what it takes to take us back to were we belong.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #91: Mar 19, 2011 11:31:30 pm
      Kenny is man enough and legendary enough to know when the job is beyond him. He cares too much for us to stick around and claim a pay check that isn't warranted.

Quick Reply