Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??

Read 11836 times
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Re: Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2011 11:58:17 am
      I don't think Liverpool supporters as a group, or those posting on this rather civilized forum in general may ever ask for his head. At least not before he is given the time he desserve (and for me it's more 10 years than half a season considered what he done for the club).

Now there are always some lunatics, be them recent fans with no idea of club history, or people who had too high expectations and may feel betrayed if he doesn't deliver incredible results fast, who I fear are likely to, especially on less policed places (twitter, lfctv, etc...). And the medias are also very likely to give more weight to their opinions than they really have.

Why is it fair that RH only got 5 months to turn things around yet you'd give Kenny 10 years!? He had a harder job than Kenny as he was here when G & H were still fannying around. Sorry, but Kenny's starting on square one in this job as the club is more important than him or anyone's past achievements.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2011 12:07:14 pm
      Typical "superfan" response! Are you telling me that you'd be right behind Kenny if he got us relegated? You clearly don't care about the club as much as you should do!

Typical 'WUM' response.

The man himself has already said he will do whatever needs to be done for the good of the club. After what the man has gone through and done for the club in the past I would NEVER, EVER turn against him. He carries a massive amount of personal grief which he had no obligation to accept but he did and continued forward as a man would, with dignity and honour. Kenny is an entirely different entity to ANY other Manager. If you can't see that then find your nearest mirror and take a long hard look, it's long overdue.

If in your considered opinion that makes me a 'superfan' I'm sure I'll cope.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2011 12:13:39 pm
      Yes I will call for his head, to be cast in bronze and displayed proudly next to shanks.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2011 12:23:11 pm
      Why is it fair that RH only got 5 months to turn things around yet you'd give Kenny 10 years!?

RH was a mediocre mid table manager having only won some scandinavian titles, using tactics contradicting the club philosophy and having no particular relation with Liverpool expect wanting to put this club on his cv. He never had a chance to succeed in a big club, because he didn't have the skills for it. Was better to get rid of him sooner than later as he should not have been appointed in the first place.

KK is a four time premiere league + 2 cups winner (+5 as player), easily qualifies as one of the twenty or so best big club managers of the last century, and is a club legend having a passion for Liverpool. Edit : and, I was about to forget, also has the experience of rebuilding a team and leading Blackburn from the second division to the title, so he would also be the best choice if we are to be relegated (and probably the only manager having such pedigree still likely to accept the job).

Even imagining he has a bad restart of his managing carreer, or some bad seasons after, he would still be far more qualified than Roy.

Anyway I was not saying that supporters should protest if he is not given such a long spell especially after bad results. But I'd let to the board the decision to end it or not.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011 12:47:15 pm by TonioLerouge »
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #50: Jan 15, 2011 01:03:13 pm
      I would never "call for his head", especially Kenny. Whilst Hodgson was in charge it got to the point where I wanted him out, but never did I go down the line of giving him constant abuse and wanting him hung. Just as managers do, Hodgson came and had a crack and it went wrong. Horribly wrong, but at least he had a crack. As for Kenny, what he did for the club is enough for every Liverpool fan to respect him for ever-more, so anyone fan who wants to scream abuse at him for not doing a good job as manager second time round (god forbid) then they should consider never turning up at Anfield again.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #51: Jan 15, 2011 01:13:13 pm
      A manager has to connect with the Fans on some level,unfortunately Roy did everything he could to alientate himself from the fans thats why he got so much stick when the team didnt perform.
      Kenny has a conection going back over 30 years and has already said if someone comes in who can do a better job he will gladly move aisde.He will put the club first not his Ego or reputation. We all know that this season is largely over so we dont expect too much other than survival its up to the player  now to show a bit of metal.
      I cant ever imagine any Liverpool supporter calling for Kenny's head.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #52: Jan 15, 2011 01:17:46 pm
      If Kenny does as poor a job as RH then of course we should start making noises. If things gets worse under Kenny than they were with RH, who in their right mind would support him...regardless of what he did for us many moons ago?!
      WTF!

Are you a WUM? There is no comparison between KK and RH.

Kenny stepped into the breach at our hour of need, we as fans called for him in the Anfield and away terraces. He loves this club and he has proved it again and again over many years. Roy came here to make his CV look good, he doesn't love this club. He may have tried his best but his best isn't good enough.

Kenny knows he's a living legend and he may also fear his status is on the line if he fails, but he's stepped in when we need him and for that added with his history is why I would never call for his head!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #53: Jan 15, 2011 02:11:47 pm
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

But he has inherited a large chunk of shi* players, that needs motivation. I can only trust him and no one else during these difficult times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #54: Jan 15, 2011 03:05:37 pm
      But could you ever see a situation where Liverpool fans would call for Kenny to be sacked?

Your kidding right?
      If I ever heard anything or saw anything calling for "dalglish out" in the ground or at any game ever I would kick the sh*t out of them and remove their heads for trophies.

This!

And those Liverpool fans doing the calling would probably be getting dragged out the ground after being lynched!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #55: Jan 15, 2011 03:09:45 pm
      Typical "superfan" response! Are you telling me that you'd be right behind Kenny if he got us relegated? You clearly don't care about the club as much as you should do!

But it wouldn't be Kenny's fault, it would still be the owl's.

After what Kenny did after Hillsborough, no Liverpool fan should ever call for this man's head.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #56: Jan 15, 2011 03:36:29 pm
      Why is it fair that RH only got 5 months to turn things around yet you'd give Kenny 10 years!? He had a harder job than Kenny as he was here when G & H were still fannying around. Sorry, but Kenny's starting on square one in this job as the club is more important than him or anyone's past achievements.

It's hard to believe you call yourself Liverpool supporter and you still dare say 'He had a harder job than Kenny'. You evaluated Kenny Dalglish too low or can say you insult him. It's no surprise if you expected someone like Roy Hodgson come here and very proud with himself as he manage to keep us stay lower/mid-table in Premier League and take some opportunity to tell everyone how he and Fuckerson love each other as best friend, but did you believe Kenny would ever happy as we just struggling mid-table but Alex Fuckerson's United win the title year after year?
      So how can you say Kenny come in and just take easy job ?
      Sorry I'm felt difficult to write in what really I think and what I want to say because my limitation of English but just want to tell you if Kenny Dalglish is a man like you thought he was then he never got the status of KING from millions of supporter and people around the world.

Sorry for my poor English, and thank TonioLerouge for really good post like this (below).

RH was a mediocre mid table manager having only won some scandinavian titles, using tactics contradicting the club philosophy and having no particular relation with Liverpool expect wanting to put this club on his cv. He never had a chance to succeed in a big club, because he didn't have the skills for it. Was better to get rid of him sooner than later as he should not have been appointed in the first place.

KK is a four time premiere league + 2 cups winner (+5 as player), easily qualifies as one of the twenty or so best big club managers of the last century, and is a club legend having a passion for Liverpool. Edit : and, I was about to forget, also has the experience of rebuilding a team and leading Blackburn from the second division to the title, so he would also be the best choice if we are to be relegated (and probably the only manager having such pedigree still likely to accept the job).

Even imagining he has a bad restart of his managing carreer, or some bad seasons after, he would still be far more qualified than Roy.

Anyway I was not saying that supporters should protest if he is not given such a long spell especially after bad results. But I'd let to the board the decision to end it or not.

And for the question, for me it's no and never I will do and no need of course.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #57: Jan 15, 2011 04:07:33 pm
      Nobody knows better than Kenny that no one individual is bigger than the club. He wants to help the club and if he doesn't think he can he will walk. He doesn't need anybody else to tell him.

KK is a legend, and what he has done for LFC, particularly for those who supported the club through his time here, know that he only has the best for the club.

I would never ever call for his head as that would be to question his integrity.

It is on these grounds that I would like to see this topic locked!!! Nothing more to say as far as I am concerned.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #58: Jan 15, 2011 04:08:00 pm
      This thread is F***ing ridiculous.

I'm all for a debate and open ideas for topics to discuss but this one takes the cake! Kenny's only had 2 games back. Jesus Christ, what next?
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 15, 2011 04:09:33 pm
      This thread is f**king ridiculous.

I'm all for a debate and open ideas for topics to discuss but this one is a bit too far, especially Kenny's only had 2 games back. Jesus Christ...

here here. As I said above! lock it!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: Jan 15, 2011 04:14:51 pm

I'm all for a debate and open ideas for topics to discuss but this one is a bit too far, especially Kenny's only had 2 games back. Jesus Christ...
      I think you've missed the point Court. Nobody believes it would ever come to this, of course it wouldn't, but i was curious to see just how far peoples loyalty to the King would stretch in a hypothetical situation.
      I would never expect it to happen though!
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #61: Jan 15, 2011 04:25:28 pm

I'm all for a debate and open ideas for topics to discuss but this one takes the cake! Kenny's only had 2 games back. Jesus Christ, what next?

Exactly!!   I sometimes wonder at the mentality of the people who create some of these ridiculous threads  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #62: Jan 15, 2011 04:27:18 pm
      Exactly!!   I sometimes wonder at the mentality of the people who create some of these ridiculous threads  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #63: Jan 15, 2011 04:28:01 pm
      answered this to my friends so many times....

NO
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #64: Jan 15, 2011 04:32:38 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #65: Jan 15, 2011 04:32:50 pm
      NO WAY IN HELL....Daglish is a living legend. His career in Liverpool gives him Instant and Ultimate sway.

What he did as a player and coach automatically gives the respect no other coach would receive. He isnt called "King Kenny" for nothing. You just give him respect and honor. He deserves it. No doubt, No Debate!!!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #66: Jan 15, 2011 04:40:17 pm
      How is that a "Superfan" response? Your injecting completely bizarre hypotheticals.  OK, yeah, If Kenny came into Anfiled on Matchday and sprayed Smallpox around then yes he should be terminated......Because that has more of a chance of happening then Daglish coaching this team into relegation. It wont happen!!! EVER.   Before you point to the current table and say how close we are now, even if it happened this season, that was in noway his responsibility. Hodgson was the one who put us in this position.

Why am I arguing this?

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #67: Jan 15, 2011 04:41:34 pm
      I suppose i should mention that i personally couldn't ever bring myself to do it, in case some paranoid people :f_whistle: think I'm Kenny bashing!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #68: Jan 15, 2011 06:54:54 pm
      No.

And the reason is simple, I wouldn't have to. If things started going tits up for Kenny and we were on a downward spiral under him, his affection for the club would be so strong that he'd walk away anyway. Kenny's love for the club comes before Kenny wanting to be manager. So I wouldn't have to call for Kenny's head as he'd be man enough to walkaway.

Quick Reply