Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

If Suarez and/or Adam don't happen...........

Read 4621 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Re: If Suarez and/or Adam don't happen...........
      Reply #23: Jan 28, 2011 07:50:57 am
      our days of big transfers are gone....wait to the summer. Then wait all summer......
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 28, 2011 09:10:27 am
      It seems like a typical January window, not much movement in the beginning or middle, plenty of media speculation and maybe one or two signings right at the death. Most of the deals are usually loaning out of the youngsters.

The Suarez deal is sitting on the knife edge, it could fall either way at the moment, this deal needs to happen in this transfer window, here are a few reasons why:
      1) There's still a battle that needs to happen in this season for us, we need to push until the very end for a CL spot (It's not the LFC was to give up regardless of circumstances).
      2) The player/s we sign now will have time to adjust for the 2011/12 season.
      3) Attracting new players/talent: Not a great showcase of Liverpool to give up on this season sitting mid table and expect players to be queing up to be given a shot to play with us.

It doesnt necessarily have to be Suarez, but an indication of intent from the club to show the world that we are back in business, this sh*t about giving up on this season shows a lack of Liverpool character. It doesnt matter what our current situation is, when we come up against the Mancs or Everton, you want to give up? Didnt think so...
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Jan 28, 2011 09:12:09 am
      Last day for us to get Suarez. If nothing happens by tomorrow then i think it's never going to happen.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #26: Jan 28, 2011 09:18:52 am
      The owners must be promising then, don't you think so?
      They know they have to pay more in Jan as the norm goes, still they are tracking top-class targets while offering mediocre money. They're showing themselves in the first transfer window with the club as misers and immature. You simply don't waste your time for targets you already know you can't/won't afford them.
      If they don't spend big in Jan (esp after the sale of Babel) while we desperately need new faces to rescue what's left of our season, then they must be the new version of the old yanks!
      Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. We'll just wait and see...

Calm down. The journalists, and no one on here, knows what REALLY is happening at the club regarding transfers and potential opening bids. You can't criticise NESV based on what you read in the papers of all places! And who is to say we desperately need to buy players? Kenny has got some good performances out of some previously poor players so the squad is obviously better than  our position suggests. Only the manager knows if he needs new faces; not me, not you and not the papers.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2011 09:51:06 am
      It seems like a typical January window, not much movement in the beginning or middle, plenty of media speculation and maybe one or two signings right at the death. Most of the deals are usually loaning out of the youngsters.

The Suarez deal is sitting on the knife edge, it could fall either way at the moment, this deal needs to happen in this transfer window, here are a few reasons why:
      1) There's still a battle that needs to happen in this season for us, we need to push until the very end for a CL spot (It's not the LFC was to give up regardless of circumstances).
      2) The player/s we sign now will have time to adjust for the 2011/12 season.
      3) Attracting new players/talent: Not a great showcase of Liverpool to give up on this season sitting mid table and expect players to be queing up to be given a shot to play with us.

It doesnt necessarily have to be Suarez, but an indication of intent from the club to show the world that we are back in business, this sh*t about giving up on this season shows a lack of Liverpool character. It doesnt matter what our current situation is, when we come up against the Mancs or Everton, you want to give up? Didnt think so...

The players we sign now might not be wanted for the 2011/12 season by the new manager.....maybe that's why there appears to be some uncertainty and a difficulty in concluding transfers?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2011 09:54:13 am
      Calm down. The journalists, and no one on here, knows what REALLY is happening at the club regarding transfers and potential opening bids. You can't criticise NESV based on what you read in the papers of all places!....

Exactly. We had this with the whole management saga. The media were saying NESV won't do this and won't do that, lots of people on here were bitching because the owners were saying nothing and we were going to be stuck with Hodgson.

Then BANG, Woy's out and The King is back!

All was forgiven and we had great owners who understood what the fans wanted.
      Now there's all this media speculation about who we are or aren't going to get in and people are turning against the owners again. I'm afraid the word 'fickle' springs to mind.
      They have done nothing wrong as far as I'm aware and there is no reason for us to do anything other than trust them to do what is best for the club, ignoring whatever mud the press choose to sling at them.

TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2011 09:57:00 am
      The players we sign now might not be wanted for the 2011/12 season by the new manager.....maybe that's why there appears to be some uncertainty and a difficulty in concluding transfers?

I agree, and brought up that point in another thread. Comolli has said the type of players they are after, I highly doubt a signing such as Suarez or of the same ilk would be disregarded by the new manager.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2011 10:35:42 am
      Best read in the voice of Mr T:

We should cash in on Aquilani, Insua, Jova and Kuyt plus the apparent limitless funds we already have and get this sucker in here asap!

I ain't gettin in no plane fool! (edit) ;)

Even though arses may be twitching because we're 3 days away my gut says we'll have 2 ins.

Guillem ballbag on SSN right now saying torres has asked LFC to listen to what the chavs have to say. Cock.

Quick Reply