Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)

Read 437967 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Andy Carroll Player Thread
      Reply #3289: Jan 29, 2012 11:34:07 pm
       :roll: :roll: :roll:
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #3290: Jan 30, 2012 12:02:33 am

Most mancs seem to prefer to view football like this. :)

Hahahahaha

Fuuny cos its true

Could say the same Keith if ye think that Paul Scholes is going to improve your midfield and if Danny Welbeck is England's best next thing
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3291: Jan 30, 2012 08:30:51 am
      Carroll determined to stay at Liverpool

Liverpool's record signing Andy Carroll has dismissed suggestions he is set to leave Anfield after enduring a lean first 12 months with the club.

Carroll, bought for £35 million from Newcastle, has been the subject of intense speculation about his future after a tough first 12 months on Merseyside. Having been linked with a return to his former club, reports emerged on Saturday that he had been offered to Manchester City in a swap deal with Carlos Tevez.

Liverpool have refused to comment on the story, insisting they never do on transfer speculation, and Carroll has stressed his head has not been turned by rumours about such moves.

"The club has been great with me and everyone outside the club has been fantastic and I am enjoying it down here. Everyone has backed me and helped us along the way. I have signed a contract here and this is the team I am playing for."

Carroll has been stoutly defended by manager Kenny Dalglish ever since his shock arrival on January deadline day last year. However, injury affected the latter half of last season and he has not yet found his form - or a regular starting spot - with just six goals in 36 appearances for the club.

But he played a key part for both goals in Liverpooll's 2-1 FA Cup fourth round win over arch-rivals Manchester United at Anfield.

For Daniel Agger's header he was the main distraction for goalkeeper David de Gea, who failed to get anywhere near Steven Gerrard's corner, while his flick-on sent Dirk Kuyt through for the winner with two minutes remaining after Park Ji-Sung had equalised shortly before half-time.

"I thought I had did well and everyone else did but I've got to keep working on it and it will come," admitted Carroll.

"I am just getting into my stride now. Everyone is getting used to how I play and I am getting used to everyone else. Everyone is helping us as much as they can and I just need to get going.

"I thought everyone played well and we deserved the win really. Everyone put a shift in and got what we wanted out of it at the end.

"Obviously it was nice to get an assist but it doesn't really matter who sets them up or scores them really, as long as we get through like we did with everyone playing well.

"Manchester United came here and all the lads were buzzing for this game and it showed as everyone was up for it and we got the result we wanted."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1014951/andy-carroll-determined-to-stay-at-liverpool?cc=5739

While I don't think Carroll has been particularly awesome, I hardly think he's been very, very terrible either. Yes, he could be doing alot more like pressing and running but he has been unlucky in a few games where he's hit the bar.

He won alot of aerial battles at the weekend but most of the time, there's no one there to receive the nod down. Played a part for both goals even.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #3292: Jan 30, 2012 09:31:08 am
      Delighted hes come out and said that.

Should keep the Wolves from the door for a few more months and save us the "I called it when we signed him knew he would flop" comments.

If he is too stay here, he needs to build on that performance on Saturday, if he goes out tomorrow night at Wolves and has an absolute stinker fans/media will be all over him again like flies on sh*t. No good coming out saying "Im getting in to my stride now" and not acting on it, he needs to show those performances consistently.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3293: Jan 30, 2012 10:34:07 am
      Is starting to come good is Andy just in time for a Mr Suarez return. I can see Luis running onto many Andy flick ons in the forseeable future.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3294: Jan 30, 2012 11:19:51 am
      I'll go with this one now...

Think Andy will net against Wolves.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #3295: Jan 30, 2012 07:19:33 pm
      One of his best games vs the Mancs, think one of the reasons was that Dirk (when he came on) supported him well by making decent runs and aprt from that he run his arse off!.

Hope he can get a goal tomorrow.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2012 07:37:16 pm by kelvo »
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #3296: Jan 30, 2012 08:07:32 pm
      Keep it going Andy. Still have a lot to prove.
      duceFantastic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #3297: Jan 30, 2012 08:10:55 pm
      Another header that was fractions away from goal. I was much happier with his performance. Seemed more comfortable and commanding against the Mancs. Hope he continues to improve as we have Luis on the horizon. Still on the number 9 bandwagon. Looking for a goal against Wolves!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3298: Jan 30, 2012 10:23:39 pm
      I have to say I enjoy reading Keith's posts. No problem with a United supporter on a Liverpool forum as long as they're not WUMing it up, which he never does.

Still, he's dead wrong, Carroll was very good against the scum. I voted for Kelly as MOTM, but Andy was a close second. He held the ball up well, tracked back 2-3 times to win the ball back when we were struggling, and was always a threat in the air.

Him and Suarez have to have hit the post the most out of any two strikers during the course of a season. It's been F***ing mind boggling at times.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3299: Jan 31, 2012 09:04:11 pm
      YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS

Happy anniversary lad!!
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #3300: Jan 31, 2012 09:48:27 pm
      A bit world class Big Andy!!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #3301: Jan 31, 2012 09:52:48 pm
      Played with confidence Big Andy today, much better! Keep it up!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #3302: Jan 31, 2012 09:53:42 pm
      Get in. Getting better and better. First touch has improved by 200%.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #3303: Jan 31, 2012 09:57:32 pm
      Confidence, isn't a bad thing to have is it eh?

Looks like a different player in the past two matches from the one we've been witnessing for the last 12 months.

I'll go with this one now...

Think Andy will net against Wolves.

Wouldn't happen to have the lottery numbers either would you?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3304: Jan 31, 2012 09:59:57 pm
      Wouldn't go as far as world class yet, but certainly a massively improved player the last couple of games. Needs to step on from here and we might have a chance of forgetting his disasterous start because he looked a threat all night, looked hungry more than anything and actually started to attack the ball and make it his the way I expected when he joined. His touch did look a lot better tonight too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3305: Jan 31, 2012 10:04:48 pm
      Big improvement in the last two games and love to see him looking to get involved in the game.

Starting to look more and more like a proper centre forward now.

Well in Andy lad.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #3306: Jan 31, 2012 10:11:46 pm
      That 180 turn on a sixpence was Suarez esque.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3307: Jan 31, 2012 10:15:59 pm
      The lad is in some nice form now. Nice goal and keep up the good form :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3308: Jan 31, 2012 10:16:41 pm
      I just wish Corbally and Macedonian Red were not banned!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3309: Jan 31, 2012 10:23:08 pm
      Kenny made comments that indicated they were deprogramming him and I think working to make him a more complete player and that the club was patient during this process. Are we seeing some initial signs of this? His first touches are starting to look a lot better and so is his positioning.  All in all looks like progress is being made and I hope it continues because if we can have the big man we first thought we were getting 4th place is very well attainable.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3310: Jan 31, 2012 10:26:20 pm
      I just wish Corbally and Macedonian Red were not banned!

They wouldn't be on tonight anyway mate. We won 3-0 after all :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #3311: Jan 31, 2012 11:31:37 pm
      Finally starting to look like he could succeed here.

He wants it more now, being dropped for the City game has obviously had an effect on him. He's realised he needs to work for everything at a top club.

He's getting into better positions, his first touch looks better and there's just a much greater hunger in his game.

Keep it up Andy, a few more performances like tonight and the confidence will come flooding right back.

Quick Reply