Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (7%)
      Skrtel
      (0%)
      Agger
      (5.9%)
      Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Lucas
      (4.8%)
      Gerrard
      (16.7%)
      Aurelio
      (0%)
      Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Kuyt
      (40.9%)
      Suarez
      (8.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread

Read 42859 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread
      Reply #690: Feb 03, 2011 12:33:17 am
      Agreed. I just found it interesting.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #691: Feb 03, 2011 12:34:45 am
      4-4-1-1, until Suarez came on then it was more 4-4-2.

I couldn't comprehend the formation when I saw the team but there was a definite, traditional, back four.

When Aurelio went off, Johnson moved back to left back from left wing.

Thanks mate.

Is MOTD on tv tonight? (Or maybe was, don't know what time it is in UK right now)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #692: Feb 03, 2011 12:35:35 am
      Good win, now have a positive goal difference & that's 3 clean sheets on the trot in the league, 3 more clean sheets than we had in the league under Roy.

What really impressed me was our centre midfield 3 -mobile, good passing & absolutely superb moement.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #693: Feb 03, 2011 12:37:22 am
      I'm surprised Kuyt is getting so much praise tonight. Personally I thought we had a good few moves break down through him and allowed Stoke to gain control of the ball down to his bad ball control. But I'm willing to have another look to see why so many think he had a great game. It was certainly a good ball played through for Suarez to get onto for his goal.

Other than that I was really happy walking out of the ground and I'm still buzzing now. Suarez was clearly the highlight and seeing him run and move about so much was pleasing to see. Seeing his desire to pass and move and take people on. I'm not gonna get carried away but I think he is definitely gonna bang a lot of goals in for us.

Passing the ball well around the pitch on the floor. Working as a team. A sense of solidarity. And smiles all over the show. This is the way it should be!
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #694: Feb 03, 2011 12:44:48 am
      All I want to say is Woy would have not thought of that system in a million years and even if Kenny whispered it to him. He would have said '...but we can't do that without Towwes !'
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #695: Feb 03, 2011 12:47:38 am
      I'm surprised Kuyt is getting so much praise tonight. Personally I thought we had a good few moves break down through him and allowed Stoke to gain control of the ball down to his bad ball control. But I'm willing to have another look to see why so many think he had a great game. It was certainly a good ball played through for Suarez to get onto for his goal.

Other than that I was really happy walking out of the ground and I'm still buzzing now. Suarez was clearly the highlight and seeing him run and move about so much was pleasing to see. Seeing his desire to pass and move and take people on. I'm not gonna get carried away but I think he is definitely gonna bang a lot of goals in for us.

Passing the ball well around the pitch on the floor. Working as a team. A sense of solidarity. And smiles all over the show. This is the way it should be!

I know what you mean, but thought he led the line well on his own up front, as I said earlier.
      Lucas had a blinder - passed well, put in the tackles, and played some really good passes.

KK has him off the leash.

Kuyt did really well leading the line, and brought workrate, harrassing and generally making a nuisance to a new level.

Gerrard - loving him dropping deeper and then moving forwards in tandem with other midfielders.

A very good all round performance, and well pleased for suarez.

He's never been a "silky" player, but he does bring a good bit to the team - and that's the key for me.

Anyone not as tough as him leading the line tonight would have been butchered by stoke.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #696: Feb 03, 2011 12:51:01 am
      Out of interest, who was Comolli double high fiving after the Suarez goal?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #697: Feb 03, 2011 12:51:20 am
      One more point I'd like to add.

Anyone see Carroll smiling and Comolli high-fiving when Suarez scored.  Comedy moment that.

The fella has had a miserable face since he joined and now even he looks like he is enjoying it.  Much better times than the end of 2010!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #698: Feb 03, 2011 12:54:46 am
      One thing I would praise Kuyt for tonight was his work rate but put if you put me in a red shirt I would work hard too. That wouldn't make me a quality footballer though would it? Just don't feel he is showing the quality on the ball at the minute but I aint no manager also.

Aside from that we are winning football matches now and the feel good factor continues to buzz around the club as it goes from strength to strength with nonchalonce, which again proves that no man will ever be bigger than this football club.

See you on Sunday Spaniard and no matter what happens, you will one day regret selling your soul to the devil.

YNWA - onwards and upwards!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #699: Feb 03, 2011 12:55:36 am
      Voted Kuyt MOTM, seemed (on TV) to be our most consistent performer on the night. Good ball to put Suarez through.

Suarez looks like he is everything Torres used to be.
      dariocheshirered
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #700: Feb 03, 2011 01:01:40 am
      After 3 wins on the bounce, 6 goals scored, a debut goal for a record signing, and a positive goal difference for what seems like the first time this season, I don't see why we should still be debating who was "sh*te" and who was good. The TEAM was good enough for the win, and that's all that should count! If there's one thing that the past week should have taught us, it's that the TEAM comes before individuals, be they hero-worshipped, blonde Spaniards or unfairly-criticized Brazilians and Dutchmen. If the team on the pitch is good enough for Kenny Dalglish and it wins games (as it is doing now), should we really be going through all the trouble of getting off the high only to start criticizing Lucas and Kuyt as usual?
      (And while we're at it, I wonder whose assist it was that got Suarez on the scoresheet...)
      (I also wonder whose pass completion stats were the best in the league last season...)
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #701: Feb 03, 2011 01:10:48 am
      Voted Kuyt MOTM, seemed (on TV) to be our most consistent performer on the night. Good ball to put Suarez through.

Suarez looks like he is everything Torres used to be.[/b]

I think we will see that "used to be" will be a key factor in why selling Torres for 50m quid may work in our favor more and more.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #702: Feb 03, 2011 01:11:29 am
      Thought Lucas was boss tonight.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #703: Feb 03, 2011 01:13:45 am
      One more point I'd like to add.

Anyone see Carroll smiling and Comolli high-fiving when Suarez scored.  Comedy moment that.

The fella has had a miserable face since he joined and now even he looks like he is enjoying it.  Much better times than the end of 2010!

I'm largely against the idea of Directors of football but I have to admit Comolli's possibly changing my opinion. He did a boss job with Kenny and John Henry and co in getting Suarez. Great job.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #704: Feb 03, 2011 01:18:50 am
      Thought Lucas was boss tonight.

Yup!

Agreed.

Real MOM although I voted for Luis to see what it felt like.

Lucas just keeps on proving me wrong this season and long may it continue. This season he has been like a new signing for us.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #705: Feb 03, 2011 01:21:18 am
      Out of interest, who was Comolli double high fiving after the Suarez goal?

Best guess would be Werner.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #706: Feb 03, 2011 01:34:00 am
      a change of formation which many people ridiculed and we get a win, debut goal and a clean sheet. won 3 on the trot now and not conceded yet. Does it get any better than this? :)

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #707: Feb 03, 2011 01:35:08 am
      I'm largely against the idea of Directors of football but I have to admit Comolli's possibly changing my opinion. He did a boss job with Kenny and John Henry and co in getting Suarez. Great job.

Agreed. Maybe they can work :)

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #708: Feb 03, 2011 02:21:54 am
      look torres leaving was the best thing to happen for the reds a disgruntled player who wanted to play for chelsea. we now have the likehood of having a reincanated van nisterlroy  re saurez and a reincarneted alan shearer carrol. both young guys who havent reached there peak yet.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #709: Feb 03, 2011 02:31:13 am
      Great win! The way Kenny set the team up,playing a 3 at the back and took us all by surprise.Looks like the team spirit is back.

Says it all!;)
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #710: Feb 03, 2011 02:37:17 am
      I heard they sang the Torres bounce but with Suarez' name. Anyone know what lyrics were sung?
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #711: Feb 03, 2011 02:41:44 am
      I heard they sang the Torres bounce but with Suarez' name. Anyone know what lyrics were sung?

no. that was the stoke fans singing about ricardo fuller.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #712: Feb 03, 2011 02:44:33 am
      Ha! Great Picture, need to get Suarez and Carroll in on it though, maybe copy and paste them :laugh: so encouraging to see us actually improving the basics of the way we play and the way the squad behaves in general.

Quick Reply