Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (7%)
      Skrtel
      (0%)
      Agger
      (5.9%)
      Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Lucas
      (4.8%)
      Gerrard
      (16.7%)
      Aurelio
      (0%)
      Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Kuyt
      (40.9%)
      Suarez
      (8.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread

Read 42661 times
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread
      Reply #713: Feb 03, 2011 02:56:31 am
      What ever the formation,i thought it looked a little disjointed first half.....I'm not sure if we were trying to accommodate Stoke but the aerial threat didn't materialise,Kuyt worked hard(really the least we expect) and looked isolated at times and when Stoke attacked we looked short at the back,with a faster Stoke attack i don't think Kenny would have chosen this formation  as there was space aplenty down the flanks though i'm glad something different was on the table,but i still prefer the tried and tested 4-4-2.

It's hard to be critical as changes are likely and it's almost a new start,no one was bad and no one stood out and when Suarez came on the crowd was lifted(even i was) and it was great to see him score on his debut,the real tests are still to come but even then i'm going to be indifferent now till the end of the season with my views as i know the strengths and weakness as most of us do so why cover old ground with Kuyt and Lucas both of whom i think we'll see a lot less of next season ....Better atmosphere tonight  but only when Suarez came on..

Verdict?i'm glad we put one over on them for that loss at their ground in which if i rightly remember i said Torres was appalling but that didn't stop some of  you coming to his defence,Pity then you weren't there to witness such a pathetic display of football from a so called legend and i for one am also glad i was consistent in my opinion of him that he wanted away.....but in doing so i was sometimes slated through ignorance of being all over the world and watching on tele or through your monitors or just blind worship of a false hero....anyway on wards and upwards.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #714: Feb 03, 2011 02:59:16 am
      Just finished watching the replay on FSC, one thing that really struck me was Suarez's passes seemed damn crisp and effortless, and this without even practicing with the team....good time ahead.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #715: Feb 03, 2011 03:07:53 am
      any link to

a) a match replay?
      or
      b) match highlights? found only some pretty low-quality ones
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #716: Feb 03, 2011 03:12:25 am
      any link to

a) a match replay?
      or
      b) match highlights? found only some pretty low-quality ones

http://www.fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172072

direct d/l links

http://www.fileserve.com/file/xQ4qHBN
      http://bitshare.com/?f=ssguaowi
      http://hotfile.com/dl/101402849/277d...02-11.avi.html

I use that forum for all my MOTD Highlights since we don't have the BBC here is the States.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #717: Feb 03, 2011 04:02:44 am
      Oh F**k yeah!

Raul cannot stop scoring, Suarez on debut, played great football, really happy. Can't pick a MOTM personally, quite a few deserved it.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #718: Feb 03, 2011 04:13:16 am
      I know this is only something very small but is important too I think. Anyone else notice that when we scored, how there were quite a good few people celebrating together, as a team. A few months ago, it was individuals.

A real sense of togetherness within the team.

It seems as if Dirky must be assigned to helping Suarez settle in, well he can speak Dutch! Celebrated with him first too :)
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #719: Feb 03, 2011 04:32:51 am
      Impressed with kenny for trying the new formation and it did allow johnson and kelly to get into the box. Johnson did everything but score.
      Clever move by kenny sending Suarez out on the half hour to lift the crowd, which in turn lifted the players.
      Kuyt and Lucas were excellent and if Kuyt were a better finisher could have had a couple of goals himself.
      Jesus won everything in the air and was good in both boxes, just the tonic againt a long ball stoke team.
      Suarez looks like a player, and that was a tremendous debut for someone who has not even trained with the team. He may have to watch his temper though in this league, notice he does like to wave his arms after every decision. Hopefully he will temper that.
      3 on the bounce was just what was needed, will give the players the confidence for Chelsea.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #720: Feb 03, 2011 05:10:59 am
      Finally just got a chance to watch the match, listened to it at school and had it recording at home.

Lovely stuff most of the time, thoroughly good performance. We were tight at the back, hardly allowing a chance. When a teams best chance comes after you are 2-0 up, i feel thats a good day out. Besides that, only Carew's strike from a decent angle was anything to write home about for Stoke. Completely shut down as an attacking force by the defense just constantly on top of them. Helps Pennant is F***ing sh*t as well :D

Love how our team has just completely reformed under Kenny. Pass and move, pass and move - it's F***ing brilliant! Just watching our players ping passes between each other and then move into space to try and split the defense just makes me as happy as a pig in sh*t to watch. It's been a long time since i watched Liverpool with a big smile on my face as i had in the past, but Kenny and this teams play under him have done just that. Rather than sit there bored as F**k while shitty teams make our world class players look like championship opposition (at best) as was the case under Hodgy McDodgy, our players are rediscovering the Liverpool way of taking the game like any top team should. Yes, there is still work to do - but considering our team just lost one of the greatest strikers to grace the Anfield pitch (great purely by skill, not by personality) we played a better game than we did in many with Torres in the team in the last year or so. The lads looked hungry, they looked like their confidence was growing, and they really are starting to look like a team who wants great things rather than to scrape into the top half of the table. There were some quality individual performances as well.

Kuyt - the lad is much maligned of the last 12-18 months, and justly so (I'm a big fan regardless, but i acknowledge as much as any how crap he has been a lot) but he did a great job today. You sometimes forget he was first and foremost a striker with his usual position these days, but today he led the line quite brilliantly. He was eager, always moving, and always looking for space in the back line. unlike our selfish he-who-shall-not-be-named former number 9, Kuyt was constantly looking to either set himself up for a chance or play a teammate in, and he created quite a hassle for the Stoke defensive line. Could have had a couple goals had a couple chances broken better, but thats football. One of his best games in a long time, probably the best since he last led the line last season!

Johnson and Kelly were great again today, and i really think kenny has played a masterstroke in rejigging their positions. Johnson seems more and more confident on the left, and i feel a lot more confident in the defense than i have in a while. Agger was great again, and just put another exclamation mark on how sh*t Hodgson was as manager with his performance. When you can't utilize a talent like Agger in your side (not to mention others) then that highlights how inept your skills as manager are. The way he brought the ball forward, as well as his defensive work, was great to watch. Glad he is still a red after all this, and hope he stays a while yet. Sotis as well was solid, and is proving always to be a great solid backup, masterstroke of a signing.

And of course, Suarez - grew into the game really quickly, and showed a few brilliant pieces of skill before that great run in which he capped it off with a goal. Not the purest of strikes, but it went in and thats all that matters. I said before the game that it would be great just to see him score no matter how scrappy it was, just so he had that feeling of scoring in a red shirt in his mind, and he did just that. Not scrappy by any means either - may have been as it went over the line, but the lead up was pure class in his run and rounding of the keeper, and showed exactly why we wanted him. Heard a lot about his lack of pace from some, and he may not be the fastest out there but he certianly aint no chump either. Will be great for us i think!

Oh, and i almost forgot in all this - Meireles! What a goal again, powered that thing in! Sotis did well to leave that for him, and Raul did the rest. Three goals for Kenny already - again, another sign we really were not using our players well under Hodgy. Loved it.

Only gripe about the game? Stupid commentator with his 'You have to feel sorry for Hodgson..' - seriously, go F**k yourself you dumb tw*t.

The Kennylution continues! YNWA.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #721: Feb 03, 2011 05:11:16 am
      I know this is only something very small but is important too I think. Anyone else notice that when we scored, how there were quite a good few people celebrating together, as a team. A few months ago, it was individuals.

A real sense of togetherness within the team.

It seems as if Dirky must be assigned to helping Suarez settle in, well he can speak Dutch! Celebrated with him first too :)

Luis I noticed that also, no plastic smiles.....real happiness as a team....I think we had cancer in the club and it has been now removed.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #722: Feb 03, 2011 05:43:09 am
      That was beautiful!
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #723: Feb 03, 2011 06:31:32 am
      Finally just got a chance to watch the match, listened to it at school and had it recording at home.

Lovely stuff most of the time, thoroughly good performance. We were tight at the back, hardly allowing a chance. When a teams best chance comes after you are 2-0 up, I feel thats a good day out. Besides that, only Carew's strike from a decent angle was anything to write home about for Stoke. Completely shut down as an attacking force by the defense just constantly on top of them. Helps Pennant is f**king sh*t as well :D

Love how our team has just completely reformed under Kenny. Pass and move, pass and move - it's f**king brilliant! Just watching our players ping passes between each other and then move into space to try and split the defense just makes me as happy as a pig in sh*t to watch. It's been a long time since I watched Liverpool with a big smile on my face as I had in the past, but Kenny and this teams play under him have done just that. Rather than sit there bored as f**k while shitty teams make our world class players look like championship opposition (at best) as was the case under Hodgy McDodgy, our players are rediscovering the Liverpool way of taking the game like any top team should. Yes, there is still work to do - but considering our team just lost one of the greatest strikers to grace the Anfield pitch (great purely by skill, not by personality) we played a better game than we did in many with Torres in the team in the last year or so. The lads looked hungry, they looked like their confidence was growing, and they really are starting to look like a team who wants great things rather than to scrape into the top half of the table. There were some quality individual performances as well.

Kuyt - the lad is much maligned of the last 12-18 months, and justly so (I'm a big fan regardless, but I acknowledge as much as any how crap he has been a lot) but he did a great job today. You sometimes forget he was first and foremost a striker with his usual position these days, but today he led the line quite brilliantly. He was eager, always moving, and always looking for space in the back line. unlike our selfish he-who-shall-not-be-named former number 9, Kuyt was constantly looking to either set himself up for a chance or play a teammate in, and he created quite a hassle for the Stoke defensive line. Could have had a couple goals had a couple chances broken better, but thats football. One of his best games in a long time, probably the best since he last led the line last season!

Johnson and Kelly were great again today, and I really think kenny has played a masterstroke in rejigging their positions. Johnson seems more and more confident on the left, and I feel a lot more confident in the defense than I have in a while. Agger was great again, and just put another exclamation mark on how sh*t Hodgson was as manager with his performance. When you can't utilize a talent like Agger in your side (not to mention others) then that highlights how inept your skills as manager are. The way he brought the ball forward, as well as his defensive work, was great to watch. Glad he is still a red after all this, and hope he stays a while yet. Sotis as well was solid, and is proving always to be a great solid backup, masterstroke of a signing.

And of course, Suarez - grew into the game really quickly, and showed a few brilliant pieces of skill before that great run in which he capped it off with a goal. Not the purest of strikes, but it went in and thats all that matters. I said before the game that it would be great just to see him score no matter how scrappy it was, just so he had that feeling of scoring in a red shirt in his mind, and he did just that. Not scrappy by any means either - may have been as it went over the line, but the lead up was pure class in his run and rounding of the keeper, and showed exactly why we wanted him. Heard a lot about his lack of pace from some, and he may not be the fastest out there but he certianly aint no chump either. Will be great for us I think!

Oh, and I almost forgot in all this - Meireles! What a goal again, powered that thing in! Sotis did well to leave that for him, and Raul did the rest. Three goals for Kenny already - again, another sign we really were not using our players well under Hodgy. Loved it.

Only gripe about the game? Stupid commentator with his 'You have to feel sorry for Hodgson..' - seriously, go f**k yourself you dumb tw*t.

The Kennylution continues! YNWA.

cant really add to that..
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #724: Feb 03, 2011 06:32:34 am
       ;Dbloody good post.. and i feel very happy

ok i just did
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #725: Feb 03, 2011 07:32:32 am
      Maybe the team that was left to Hodgson wasn't as bad after all

WOW

At last. The truth has been told. The exit of Alonso, Arbeloa and the bench-warming Benayoun and Mascherano couldn't have turned a team that was on the verge of winning the premiership two seasons ago, to crap and deadwoods overnight if the replacement that came in were Johnson, Miereles, Aquilani, Poulsen, Shelvey and Joe Cole.

What we needed was a manager with knowledge.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #726: Feb 03, 2011 07:54:46 am
      we played with 3 center halfs with full backs fractionaly forward in mid field, making 5 then with 1 Meirless and Gerrard swapping with Kuyt up front, and to those who went the match Kuyt was a breath of fresh air upfront on his own, the ball stuck and he brought the forward midfielder into the game, maybe seeing it on TV you get a better overall view of the game. Kuyt was definetly MOM, Best game in ages. The pass and move is back, we then went 442. obviously this only my opinion, but no matter, HOW fcuk - ing good is the King, onwards and upwards
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #727: Feb 03, 2011 08:09:23 am
      A new breath of fresh air and positive vibe is channeling throughout the squad now since Torres has left.

His lack of attitude, passion, drive, effort and constant sulking were having a negative impact on the squad. Yesterday, not one player showed any of that. They worked hard, the had passion, they had a sense of belief and they are confident, something which was nice to see again.

I'm positive if Dirk Kuyt had been playing up top alone all season, we would have better results because in that 6 months, it's like we were playing with 10 men.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #728: Feb 03, 2011 08:13:43 am
      Good to hear The Redmen grab a win , i'll watch the replay .
      Geez i miss my pay tv , gotta watch the fucken replays . I've not watched many games live this season , i used to watch every Arsenal and Liverpool match either live or the next day when i got up/got home from work .
      I miss my football
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #729: Feb 03, 2011 09:01:12 am
      by the way what a great smile from Saurez, lifts your heart just like KD did
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #730: Feb 03, 2011 09:01:43 am
      does, sorry
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #731: Feb 03, 2011 09:29:29 am
      just watched Dalglish interview the man is just class, Ithink the interviewes are scared, he is the best, the king!!!!
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #732: Feb 03, 2011 09:36:44 am
      Good Game for us!! It really is getting better with each game, passing getting better and the one touch on the 18 yard box was sh*t hot last night, nice movement all around, soooooo much better the way Kenny has almost everyone moving and having free roles not so regimented and is a joy to watch, the last couple years we have been boring to watch!

3 good points, scoring goals (could have been more!) Clean sheet!

Much more positive from our reds

Thanks Kenny and the lads!! (I can finally argue tactics and football in the office again)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #733: Feb 03, 2011 10:05:48 am

Get streaming mate, download sopcast. ;)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #734: Feb 03, 2011 10:08:15 am
      I've not enjoyed a game so much under Kenny as the one last night everyone's expecting big things from the new signings and Suarez didn't let us down his touch was light, his movement off the ball was terrific and he's still to train with the lads !
      Kenny's idea of sending Carroll out to be applauded was excellent, remincisent of the 60s when Shanks sent injured players out with the F.A.Cup to scare the Opposition  !
      I can't wait for Sunday, win lose or draw we won't be dissapointed in the performance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #735: Feb 03, 2011 10:24:43 am
      Gerrard MOM for me.
      Lucas allowed Gerrard and Meireles a lot of freedom last night.
      At time Gerrard seemed to be everywhere. Invigorated by our new signings maybe.
      Thought Lucas played some quality long balls wide too.
      Delighted for Suarez, but I will resist the urge to put his name on my shirt. Once bitten twice shy I'm afraid.
      Still think Kuyt's days in the first eleven are numbered. He knew that last night, but despite all his effort he misplaces a touch far too often for me. I've given up how many times our attacks breakdown because of him.

Quick Reply