Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Wigan

Luis Suarez
      (75.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (19.5%)
      Somebody else
      (5.3%)

Liverpool 1-1 Wigan: In Game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 51068 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Wigan: In Game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #644: Feb 12, 2011 08:04:55 pm
      A return to three central defenders anyone?
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #645: Feb 12, 2011 08:07:41 pm
      Fair result and a lack of quality came home to roost today,if some didn't know it by now they do now for it was plain for all to see today...

I'm not going to mention any names as to whom needs to be let go as i think we all know by now....willing work horses and squad players that'll just do a job aren't the answer we're looking for and Kenny and the rest know this already....

On the other hand Wigan had two if not three fine exponents of the footballing art to admire and we will miss a trick if we don't at least pick one up and i would volunteer N'zogbia as first choice as i think he'd fit in well and be great left of right(we missed a trick already in not getting Rodellaga).

Wigan played well and in fairness i thought they coped perfectly well...Liverpool looked so short it was untrue and the team that started and finished today wouldn't finish top 6 if  top 10..

Anyway....Pluses, Suarez can hit a dead ball and puts himself around though i thought his touch was off today...Carra was great as was Kelly who can put in a great cross when freed down the right....I've no complaints from today's game as i knew Wigan were no mugs and we are just picking up the pieces from a interesting season...Can't wait for Carrol to appear it'll give us a taste of what's to come.....I thought the Suarez jingle was poor,Where is that tune from as it sounds like one on a carpet advert,though the loud chant of Suarez was great and the loudest chant i've heard all season....
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #646: Feb 12, 2011 08:10:31 pm
      Pretty sure he was joking about the Portuguese League there...
      Sure was hahahaha

But we shouldn’t nock it, for a country of 10 million people they do produce some greatest players and 6 to 8 Europeans cups winners with 4 of those wins in the champions league
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #647: Feb 12, 2011 08:30:56 pm
      Youre a f**king idiot. the chelsea result counts for nothing now

Bloody hell. If we had lost at Chelsea and still got a draw here, we'd be three points worse off. So it counts for nothing though?

:roll:

This is why i sometimes try to stay off here when we draw. People are so fickle sometimes. Yes, it was a crappy performance - but remember some of the times under Hodg, we would hardly have had a shot at all, let alone 5 on target (and two off the post) in a 'poor performance'

Kuyt needs to F***ing work on his passing though, i love the guy but F***ing hell - woeful today. Some simple passes to play Suarez in he just completely fu**ed up.

But, i still enjoyed watching a game where it was 1-1 and we were trying - poorly most of the time - but we were trying to win. If any team was gonna win today, it was gonna be us. That was rarely the case no matter who we played under Roy, and the fact a poor performance we were still inches away from three points tells me we are still much better. 

I'm disappointed with the draw, we should beat Wigan. But manure should beat Wolves as well. Lets not sit here knee-jerking about one result, just think about how far we have come and what we have to look forward to. These kind of games will teach Kenny and co exactly what they need to work on still, to make a push for next season.

Overall, disappointed - but don't understand why people think the apocalypse has come after one F***ing draw. Suarez my MOTM.

w*nk!

If Hodgson was in charge we'd slate him

Wigan didnt play footy at all

Bloody hell :roll:

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #648: Feb 12, 2011 08:35:12 pm
      We need top class wide men, to easy from teams to come to Anfield and keep it tight, most of our play goes through the centre and it is easier to stop

Definitely agree here, forgot to mention that in my post. Something i thought about a lot while watching, we really miss that wide threat. Number one mission for summer is to fix that, IMO.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #649: Feb 12, 2011 08:46:14 pm
      But, i still enjoyed watching a game where it was 1-1 and we were trying - poorly most of the time - but we were trying to win. If any team was gonna win today, it was gonna be us. That was rarely the case no matter who we played under Roy, and the fact a poor performance we were still inches away from three points tells me we are still much better. 

good point. at least we were trying to get the second goal. I still remember the reverse fixture earlier in the season where we got an early goal and then just stopped playing. Wigan got a goal and we were holding on for the rest of the game, hoping for the draw. here we didn't wanted to think of a draw, it was win or bust. It's good to see as it is an obvious improvement.

1 point is still better than 0.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #650: Feb 12, 2011 08:58:22 pm
      Funny how we only ever see some posters after a bad result.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #651: Feb 12, 2011 08:59:57 pm
      Funny how we only ever see some posters after a bad result.

Some people are only happy when they are sad mate.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #652: Feb 12, 2011 09:05:22 pm
      So many knee-jerk reactions.

So many people mis-spelling players' names.

No point even trying.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #653: Feb 12, 2011 09:08:08 pm
      Reading through here the word 'reactionary' comes to mind. Get a F***ing grip.

I am so fed up with hearing how Liverpool disappointed people re: betting, accumulators, "I have 'x' jerseys with Torres' name on it. Get over yourselves, plastic motherfuckers. This is one of many reasons I have forsaken The Kop (forum-wise).

I keep going back to last week in my mind when JD and Kenny had different opinions of Kuyt's contribution. He looked great on tv but apparently offered nothing to the live spectator. Again, I thought he looked decent in the 1st half. His touch wasn't nearly as heavy as usual and he managed to get out of more than a few tight situations. I certainly took notice.

On the point of Suarez, someone rightfully pointed out that he put the fear of god into Wigan today and I couldn't agree more. His cleverness will be figured out eventually, so best to exploit while he can. I thought he was fantastic. He always felt like a threat. Let him run riot.

Carra & Kelly were beasts.

Meireles is johnny on the spot lately. Beautifully taken goal.

Pepe was fantastic, too. How good is he with his hands.

Lucas, meh. hardly the worst.

Maxi for me should have been first off. I know some like him, but for me he offers little.

The crowd? Was there one? They hardly showed up either. Saw a lot of sour faces much like this forum.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #654: Feb 12, 2011 09:08:08 pm
      So many knee-jerk reactions.

So many people mis-spelling players' names.

No point even trying.
      Calm in adversity
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #655: Feb 12, 2011 09:14:49 pm
      4 wins and draw isn't bad. Lacklustre performance after a international week. It can happen. Suarez shot goea in and everyone is happy. Maybe we should beat Wigan at home but the team have been working hard lately and shakingoff the Hodgson era can't be easy. They might be having flashbacks after his name was in the press again.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #656: Feb 12, 2011 09:16:09 pm
      Reading through here the word 'reactionary' comes to mind. Get a f**king grip.

I am so fed up with hearing how Liverpool disappointed people re: betting, accumulators, "I have 'x' jerseys with Torres' name on it. Get over yourselves, plastic motherfuckers. This is one of many reasons I have forsaken The Kop (forum-wise).

The crowd? Was there one? They hardly showed up either. Saw a lot of sour faces much like this forum.

Loved your whole post, but these three points in particular. Love it man! Too many fans who probably call Chelsea fans plastic but yet are no better with their attitude to our club.

Also agree on the crowd. Was disappointing. I'm gonna be off to the 'Huge Anfield problem' thread for a rant...
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #657: Feb 12, 2011 09:27:50 pm
      Bloody hell. If we had lost at Chelsea and still got a draw here, we'd be three points worse off. So it counts for nothing though?

:roll:

This is why I sometimes try to stay off here when we draw. People are so fickle sometimes. Yes, it was a crappy performance - but remember some of the times under Hodg, we would hardly have had a shot at all, let alone 5 on target (and two off the post) in a 'poor performance'

Kuyt needs to f**king work on his passing though, I love the guy but f**king hell - woeful today. Some simple passes to play Suarez in he just completely fu**ed up.

But, I still enjoyed watching a game where it was 1-1 and we were trying - poorly most of the time - but we were trying to win. If any team was gonna win today, it was gonna be us. That was rarely the case no matter who we played under Roy, and the fact a poor performance we were still inches away from three points tells me we are still much better. 

I'm disappointed with the draw, we should beat Wigan. But manure should beat Wolves as well. Lets not sit here knee-jerking about one result, just think about how far we have come and what we have to look forward to. These kind of games will teach Kenny and co exactly what they need to work on still, to make a push for next season.

Overall, disappointed - but don't understand why people think the apocalypse has come after one f**king draw. Suarez my MOTM.

Bloody hell :roll:

Glad to see not everyone wants there pound of leash after todays result.
      A points a point in my book. ;)
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #658: Feb 12, 2011 09:28:30 pm
      Oppsss, I meant Flesh!!!!
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #659: Feb 12, 2011 09:30:36 pm
      Ashley Young + Eden hazard/Arda Turan in the summer = win ;)
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #660: Feb 12, 2011 09:40:22 pm
      Tough result because over the 90 minutes we were the better team, sadly that doesn't mean much sometimes. But I think it was fair result because of how we played in the second half. The midweek internationals really hurt the team because we had to take off better players who needed a rest and our lack of depth showed.

Suarez I think did well and a lot of people are saying he didn't pass. Who was he supposed to pass to? Ngog is a quality finisher but he can't hold a line and isn't in the best positions many times to receive passes in the box.

All in all still very optimistic and we drew, we didn't lose and had the better chances. There are a lot of knee jerk plastics posting today.  :roll:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4930 
      Reply #661: Feb 12, 2011 09:59:22 pm
      I had to work so haven't seen the game yet and I'll admit that a home draw to Wigan is a poor result but remember where we were only a few short months ago.

Kenny will get it right and it's probably as clear to him as it is to us that there are players who need to be moved on but with Gerrard, Agger and Carroll all out today then most of us would have picked a team something similar to what played today.

If Roy was still here I guarantee we would have lost this game considering Wigan came from a goal down.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #662: Feb 12, 2011 10:25:25 pm
      why are we so disappointed?it wasn"t so long ago that we would have been delighted with a draw,we"re winning and drawing,not losing,and lets face it the chances of us reaching cl position is slim ,possible but slim ,kenny is creating something fantastic here for the future,when we were fighting our way out of relegation most of us said that we"d be happy to get in the top 6 well we"re here and if we keep the faith we should hold it .also we have a chance of picking up 2 pieces of silverware this season, eoropa cup and super cup wouldn"t that be remarkable to be able to do that.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #663: Feb 12, 2011 10:43:10 pm
      well my prediction right, playing 2 games in a week for some players and not taking wigan seriously led to happy go lucky attitude. saurez likes to find a way to score goals. saw u tube video of some of his goals. likes to score from set pieces free kicks and long range shots. he deserved a goal today 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #664: Feb 13, 2011 12:02:44 am
      Chin up people. The squad out there was desperately weak and we had some really key players out of the action.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #665: Feb 13, 2011 12:03:03 am
      Gutted we dropped 2 points there.

Thought we played real well in the first half but after Meireles went off, that was it.

Now, I haven't read the rest of the thread coz I'm majorly stoned over and hungover but please someone tell me that Wigan's goal was deffo offside. That's what it looked through my bloodshot eyes.

Gotta say once Suarez finds his English feet, he's going to be one hell of an excitement machine. Hope he starts taking more free kicks for us as well.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #666: Feb 13, 2011 12:07:47 am
      Put into context,outwardly our result was disappointing.But remember,4 months ago we were facing the financial abyss.Gobshites all around us,and a new manager that we all knew would fail to deliver our expectations.Now we are in recovery,neither Kenny or NESV can give us an immediate fix.We have to be patient,I trust that they will spend again in the summer,and a lot of our "deadwood" will be gone.If we are honest with ourselves,we currently are not equipped to mount a serious challenge on either the EPL or the CL.That will be next season.

Quick Reply