Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Benitez's Real Legacy

Read 17492 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Benitez's Real Legacy
      Reply #69: Feb 16, 2011 11:50:39 pm
      Gazza31 S@int BigMick, whats your thoughts  ? ;D

Slightly embarassed mate. Bit like walking into a room and finding almost everyone there wanking themselves silly  :D  .

We bought Sterling, we paid £300k for him and could end up paying £5million for him. Hardly an unknown quantity that we have nurtured and brought through. Great that we seem to have bought a quality player though, and that other players are starting to make their presence felt.  

Of course I put it all down to Kenny's influence, I don't think it had anything at all to do with Hodgson :)  
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #70: Feb 16, 2011 11:58:22 pm
      Like I say I won't go into the first team legacy because it will cause arguments. Suffice to say we differ, but that's OK. Anyway, hopefully these kids do turn out to be a golden bunch.

No, you'll never go into anything that goes against your myopic slysports view despite the mountain of evidence and quotes from KK himself to the contrary.

You'd much rather obfuscate, deflect and even disappear for a week than admit you might be wrong.

You sir, are everything that is wrong with "fans" - you can't see the wood for the trees, have an agenda, and are completely one sided despite your long winded posts which are nothing more than bullshit trying to baffle, whilst at the same time saying absolutely nothing, and have no point other than trying to take the subject away from a point you disagree with, but without the wherewithall to post a coherent reply with a meaningfull analysis.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Feb 16, 2011 11:59:57 pm
      Yeah because it's only Sterling we rate. Plenty of wankers alright Saint. You being one of them
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #72: Feb 17, 2011 12:14:51 am
      ha ha ha  I didn't think you were wanking over Sterling mate or any of our other young players.

Time you moved on Rafa has already started on his next charm offensive at A. Madrid .

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #73: Feb 17, 2011 12:18:56 am
      ha ha ha  I didn't think you were wanking over Sterling mate or any of our other young players.

Time you moved on Rafa has already started on his next charm offensive at A. Madrid .

And you have burnt your bridges - we understand that.

Where were you in the thread where KK stated about the importance of Rafa's input and work into the club and the youth set up?

F***ing nowhere - so if you disagree take it up with the King.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: Feb 17, 2011 12:38:20 am
      You're the very reason we should post articles like this Saint. Helps cut through the bullshit from posters like yourself. Even now you still make petty little comments. We have moved on. King Kenny is back and he will no doubt build on the solid foundations left by Rafa, despite the influence of the leeches know as Hicks and Gillett. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #75: Feb 17, 2011 12:39:44 am
      I have moved on mate. I only posted in this thread because someone asked for my thoughts. I am sure they didn't expect me to join in with the other onanists.

I think Kenny was a great player and is a great manager, but I won't be joining his cult either mate. He will make mistakes just like any manager, hopefully not as often or as big as some of our recent managers though.

Kenny has brought us together as fans, as a team and as a club, no need to keep trying to pick at old wounds (imo) anyway.   
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #76: Feb 17, 2011 12:43:22 am
      I asked simply because S@int BigMick and Gazza have different views and different views encourage debate, which is good for the thread. ;)

Sorry i'm too busy wiping my semen up with Charming to type my thoughts. ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2011 12:53:59 am by RedLFCBlood »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: Feb 17, 2011 12:48:57 am
      Ok don't acknowledge the positive changes Rafa made at The Academy. I don't expect you to suddenly agree with me. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #78: Feb 17, 2011 12:53:40 am
      I asked simply because S@int BigMick and Gazza have different views and different views encourage debate, which is good for the thread. ;)

Sorry I'm too bust wiping my semen up with Charming to type my thoughts. ;D

ha ha ha , better clean your computer screen too mate.

I know mate, I am sure you didn't expect me to bow down and sing the Rafa mantra anyway :)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #79: Feb 17, 2011 12:57:03 am
      Sorry i'm too busy wiping my semen up with Charming to type my thoughts. ;D

Hope it's Ultra.

It seems that's all that satisfies some ;)
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #80: Feb 17, 2011 07:51:04 am
      I can't quite understand where some of you are coming from. It seems if you don't agree to everything Rafa done at Liverpool, you are  branded a Rafa hater. Well I didn't agree with a lot of what he done. Like poor substitutions, Strange formations, Players played out of position, Not to mention some really questionable signings. But I'm not a Rafa Hater, I admire a lot of what he done for the club, and a good percentage  of the signings he made were great. His treatment of Alonso was also questionable.  The youth policy was an imense step up for the club in terms of developing players from within, and credit where credit is due. Just don't refer to me as a Rafa Hater because I didn't agree to EVERYTHING he done.

I don't think you're a Rafa hater but I do think you're a little blind and almost certainly very stupid for using the same old tired baseless arguments to beat Rafa with that the xenophobic british press were so fond of.

I think people will only realise his worth in the years to come. The Academy is a super piece of work for our future but even better than that was the foresight he had to bring the King back in to the fold.

I dread to think what we would be doing now if Rafa hadn't left KK at the club.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #81: Feb 17, 2011 08:19:36 am
      Think there is a difference between developing the youth set up, and employing the right people to develop the youth set up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #82: Feb 17, 2011 08:26:40 am
      I dread to think what we would be doing now if Rafa hadn't left KK at the club.

So do I mate..... we might even have seen Rafa come back :D

I must stop posting in here...... I have moved on :)
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #83: Feb 17, 2011 08:38:46 am
      Think there is a difference between developing the youth set up, and employing the right people to develop the youth set up.

I don't get what your point is? There is no difference. Bringing in the right people to do the job is THE most important step. He could have bought in someone as stupid as you evidently are and the youth set up would still be a piss poor excuse for what it should be.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #84: Feb 17, 2011 09:20:19 am
      I don't get what your point is? There is no difference. Bringing in the right people to do the job is THE most important step. He could have bought in someone as stupid as you evidently are and the youth set up would still be a piss poor excuse for what it should be.

Oh dear another gem joins the forum. If you actually know about the club we actually lost a couple of young Gems when Rafa was at the club the kids and their fathers stated it was down to Rafa never attending any games etc or showing an interest. Massive difference with employing someone (I.e. Has Kenny has done) and working with them to develop what you want (I.e. Coaching the players has Kenny and Steve are doing) or employing someone and letting them get on with it on their own.

I see Kenny as responsible for our upturn in form, the fact that our owners were somewhat pushed into the appointment by the supporters doesn't allow themselves to pat themselves on the back for appointing him. I think the supporters can take credit for that. All this apart no one but Kenny can take credit for the team performances as the buck stops with the manager.

like to see credit Going to the people who deserve it and that's Segura and Rodolfo.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #85: Feb 17, 2011 09:53:28 am
      its a shame that people are still picking on small points about rafa's mistakes on a thread created to honour his work for reforming melwood. if anybody denies that rafa was the chief brains behind the set up of the current youth system, which has directly resulted in the most talented youth team I've seen over the past 15 years (since the days when god, mcmanaman et all came through), then they're delusional, or even bitter.

can't believe i've seen someone mention that it wasn't him but the people he appointed that's responsible for the great youngsters developing. that's just called good management, getting the right people in right places to make an organisation work. do u think he's got time to spend hours caoching youngsters? travelling europe to scout? he's got a club to run ffs, he'll get the right people to do that for him. ridicilous.

after years of houllier ignoring the youth system resulting us seeing f*** all come through after stevie g, rafa fought hard with the board to reform melwood. put aside your personal views on what rafa was like as a manager for a sec and just judge him on this alone.
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #86: Feb 17, 2011 10:20:30 am
      Oh dear another gem joins the forum. If you actually know about the club we actually lost a couple of young Gems when Rafa was at the club the kids and their fathers stated it was down to Rafa never attending any games etc or showing an interest. Massive difference with employing someone (I.e. Has Kenny has done) and working with them to develop what you want (I.e. Coaching the players has Kenny and Steve are doing) or employing someone and letting them get on with it on their own.

I see Kenny as responsible for our upturn in form, the fact that our owners were somewhat pushed into the appointment by the supporters doesn't allow themselves to pat themselves on the back for appointing him. I think the supporters can take credit for that. All this apart no one but Kenny can take credit for the team performances as the buck stops with the manager.

like to see credit Going to the people who deserve it and that's Segura and Rodolfo.

As usual as soon as Rafa is mentioned we get the usual media untruths and I know this person who knows that person whon can confirm Rafa was indeed a useless nasty man.

It's a shame that unlike the man himself those who hate him can never see the facts.

The facts of his record as our manager are there for all to see.

Anyway he is no longer our boss. I just wish him the best and hope with time he will 1 day get the credit he deserves. But I guess that will probably never happen as like Rafa 1ce said there are those who would blame him for swine flu if they could.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Feb 17, 2011 10:28:34 am
      I think it's a great shame that some fans are so blinkered in their views that they can't see or acknowledge anything that Rafa did, apart from the bad things.

Maybe it's time to write Shanks out of our history seeing as all he did was lay the groundwork for others to benefit  :f_whistle:.

But then maybe some people need to check the dictionary meaning of the word "legacy".

carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #88: Feb 17, 2011 10:54:41 am
      The man is a flawed genius in my eyes.
      Whatever his mistakes we should not ignore the sweeping changes he brought when given the chance with the youth system.
      That is his true legacy to this club.
      F**k what the haters say

That's just like saying GH's legacy was us winning the champions league a year after he left. A ridiculous article by a journo with nothing better to do - for god's sake, it's one victory against a minnow at youth level!!! Hardly a "turning point in our history", as Dick Buxton is claiming!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Feb 17, 2011 11:18:29 am
      It may have taken a 9-0 win for some of the changes to get media recognition, but some of us have already seen the impact the change has made. We have been talking about it on here for the last year. You're just another hater, but that's says more about you than it does the system that Rafa has left us
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #90: Feb 17, 2011 11:28:29 am
      That's just like saying GH's legacy was us winning the champions league a year after he left. A ridiculous article by a journo with nothing better to do - for god's sake, it's one victory against a minnow at youth level!!! Hardly a "turning point in our history", as Dick Buxton is claiming!

its nothing like saying it was gh's legacy. a good manager can pick up a team of players that he's not necessarily familiar with and get them playing well and delivering results. case in point, roy hodgson (now wba manager where he sodding belongs) couldn't do f*** all with the squad he actually brought some players into. kenny takes the same team and look where we are now.

rafa took gh's team and got them delivering results throughout the cl campaign, and people are still trying t o pi$$ on it saying it was gh's team.

and no it isn't one victory against a minnow, look at last 2 months, it's 6 wins and 2 draws out of 8 for the youth team (5 of these against other prem youth teams), fantastic run of results. so please get some perspective. some people have rose tinted glasses and some people have anti rafa glasses, take them off and consider the achievements for what they are.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #91: Feb 17, 2011 11:43:38 am
      Fact is people keep jumping on nonsense news articles, let's not forget we won the youth cup in 2006 and 2007 losing to Arsenal in 2009 Kelly apart And Darby who's on loan not many of those lads have made it or were given the chance at first team level until this year.

credit to Kenny for taking the lads let's just hope they are given a chance.

Quick Reply