Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sparta Prague 0-0 Liverpool - post match toothache

Read 35191 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Sparta Prague 0-0 Liverpool - post match toothache
      Reply #437: Feb 18, 2011 03:55:01 pm
      Yes it was a sh*t performance,that shows when you don't have a shot on target in 93 mins
       But I don't know why some in here are so negative, 0-0 is not a bad result away from anfield in europe, sure  it would have been better if we won ....
       just remember Gerrard_suarez(cuptied)_ Carroll(has yet to make debut)_ Agger_Kelly

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #438: Feb 18, 2011 04:01:24 pm
      Great shout that

Still last night was sore on the eyes

It was only sore to the eye's because that crap spaniard of a so called great manager lfc had served us with some real scalping football in europe.

Rafa F***ing spoilt us in europe did he or did he not?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #439: Feb 18, 2011 04:03:37 pm
      To be honest I've seen N'gog play worse than that.

Poor lad had to play up front all on his own most of the game so to critisism of him is slightly unfair.

That that you are stuey just saying like.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #440: Feb 18, 2011 04:30:59 pm
      It was only sore to the eye's because that crap spaniard of a so called great manager lfc had served us with some real scalping football in europe.

No it was sore on the eye because there wasnt one shot on goal or one moment of magic that had me on the edge of me seat.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #441: Feb 18, 2011 04:47:55 pm
      No it was sore on the eye because there wasnt one shot on goal or one moment of magic that had me on the edge of me seat.

I thought the smoke was part of the magic moment when the real lfc would turn up  ;D that had me on edge screaming to myself,they are coming they are coming.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #442: Feb 18, 2011 05:06:55 pm
      ;D

On a serious note. Man of the match anyone?
      Soto or Lucas for me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #443: Feb 18, 2011 05:34:31 pm
      Poor lad had to play up front all on his own most of the game so to critisism of him is slightly unfair.

That that you are stuey just saying like.
      If you are implying that I am criticising N'gog you couldn't be more wrong Shabs, my post is complimentary saying in a roundabout way he had a good game.
      edit: looking again it may be a typo mate.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011 05:57:43 pm by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #444: Feb 18, 2011 05:45:13 pm
      Is that a record
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #445: Feb 18, 2011 05:46:58 pm
      Its a results business 0=0 was a good result in a two leg match with our best players out.Hard work watching it but it was cautious and business like.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #446: Feb 18, 2011 05:48:20 pm
      some people forget that these former eastern euro states are notoriously difficult to go. Hostile fans hostile players flares smoke bombs hand grenades hookers with thrush so bad the yeast jumps at ya. I thought we did a job kept it stable without taking any risks yet again KK proves his genius while every fukker talks sh*te about things they nothing about, especially that twit a few posts up ^^ Brown LFC
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #447: Feb 18, 2011 05:50:53 pm
      Didn't see it so can't really comment but have to say Ngog is no where near Liverpool standard people are only fooling him if they think he is.

He isn't now and will never be, I said he wouldn't score 5 league goals this season. His 5 goals against the pub sides at the start of the europa league really has fooled a lot with his stats.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #448: Feb 18, 2011 06:07:29 pm
      some people forget that these former eastern euro states are notoriously difficult to go. Hostile fans hostile players flares smoke bombs hand grenades hookers with thrush so bad the yeast jumps at ya. I thought we did a job kept it stable without taking any risks yet again KK proves his genius while every fukker talks sh*te about things they nothing about, especially that twit a few posts up ^^ Brown LFC
      Very informative comment there not least of all about the ladies of the night and STD's and entirely correct about Kenny's genius and the n*b of a previous poster.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #449: Feb 18, 2011 06:27:03 pm
      When Carrol is fit, it will probably mark the end of N'Gog's Liverpool career. The lad just doesn't have what it takes, even at Europa league level.
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #450: Feb 18, 2011 06:41:10 pm
      Well...another clean sheet and 7 games unbeaten....so there is something to take from the game and we will finish them off at anfield.

Hopefully Cole can stay fit now and when Agger, Gerrard, Suarez and eventually Carroll come into the side we will be a totally different proposition to the one seen last night.

Positive and exciting times ahead.....last night was a solid job well done. Lets walk before we can run !
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #451: Feb 18, 2011 07:38:31 pm
      When Carrol is fit, it will probably mark the end of N'Gog's Liverpool career. The lad just doesn't have what it takes, even at Europa league level.

I agree on this Orchard, I mean with Carrol and Suarez they could effectively move Kuyt to the bench as a back-up striker.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #452: Feb 18, 2011 07:41:02 pm
      The important thing was not to concede goals as far as i'm concerned ,and not to incur injuries ( we still have the premiership fourth spot to aim for ) the only person injured was Aurelio as far as i know and we did not let any goals in ,it's all to play for back home ,which will be a different performance from us ,Kenny knows exactly what he's doing !
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #453: Feb 18, 2011 08:19:03 pm
      Only caught the second half of this, work called at the last minute. I can only assume the match thread was much like the Utrecht one, as the game was similar.

Thought the best players on the pitch were Soto and Johnson. Wilson played well and so did Carra. You know it was a dull game when our best players were the back 4.

Lucas did his job as per ususal. Maxi, oh dear god. Was he even playing? nothing of note to mention, saw him roaming everywhere to know avail. Kuyt? always known to track back and help the team but was oblivious in his job of helping Johnson in the first half. Maxi was the same actually. They're full backs really threatened.

David N'gog. Granted, had a tough job to do, but he should have done better against a 37 year old. His booking was harsh but he couldn't even trap a ball last night and his play when he was his back to goal really is awful. I was a fan of his but after tonight I really can't back him. His potential was there but another average performance and it could well be his last. Hopefully Carroll will come back strong.

Overall, a drab affair but at least we did not concede and another clean sheet so there is some positives. Now, Let's take them at home.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #454: Feb 18, 2011 09:10:14 pm
      It does seem like a rule for one and another for somebody else when it comes to discussing things though

Difference between Woy's and King Kenny's team is that at least we can now string more than two passes together.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #455: Feb 18, 2011 09:12:30 pm
      Difference between Woy's and King Kenny's team is that at least we can now string more than two passes together.

To be fair we averaged 2 back passes before booting it up field with Woy  :lmao:
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #456: Feb 18, 2011 09:20:23 pm
      Will Ngog ever be a prolific striker? In whose mold as a striker? Van Pierse? The Torres from 3 seasons ago? Or Michael Judas Owen?

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #457: Feb 18, 2011 09:24:52 pm
      Why can't Kenny see Ngog can't play as a lone striker, it's so frustrating, he can't win a ball, he can't tackle, he's not so bad shooting, but on his own he is out of his depth!.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #458: Feb 18, 2011 11:04:09 pm
      Like I said in his thread N'Gog is a complete mystery, at youth level he played very well either lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, or central or even winger in a 4-3-3. He had more international goals and assists than Pacheco at the same age, despite playing with the crappy service of a far more average french team. Hard to believe but he was class at this point (hard to find a striker with exactly the same style, a more technical version of Trezeguet perhaps, N'Gog has always been the kind of player not very active in pressing or able to hold the ball, but  was the guy always in the good place to eliminate one opponent and score or create an opening with a killer pass).

... Then he joined adult teams and seems to have completely lost this instinct :( (hope Pacheco and Suso won't follow the same route).
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #459: Feb 25, 2011 10:39:25 am
      following the game on gamecast really felt we have so much below average players. saw this as another borefest. had these negative feelings it was going to extra time. we dont have the creativity to score goals.perhaps saurez and carrol will solve the problem. ngog at one time showed promise but now hasnt got a clue how to score a goal. just think with the players we have they are only capabable from scoring from 3 yards out.   

Quick Reply