Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

West Ham 3-1 Liverpool - post match tantrums

Read 60561 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Re: LIVE: West Ham v Liverpool
      Reply #644: Feb 27, 2011 03:35:18 pm
      You or I will never know if he would of saved the header because he never moved, which is my point. I never said he would of saved it just that he didn't even attempt to!

Bang on. Feel he could have done better for the other two as well.

Johnson had a decent game I thought. Got forward well, at least he saw the sense of getting in the box at 2-0 down.

Suarez was very good in the second half, that turn for our goal was superb and he was unlucky not to get one or two himself.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #645: Feb 27, 2011 03:35:19 pm
      Ba couldn't have gone cross goal, the only place he could have gone was near post so Reina should have flung himself that way. Probably wouldn't have stopped it but it's horrible seeing a keeper not move.

I bet you thought to do that within the same time frame as Renia, which was no more then a couple of seconds.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #646: Feb 27, 2011 03:35:40 pm
      You or I will never know if he would of saved the header because he never moved, which is my point. I never said he would of saved it just that he didn't even attempt to!

He had no chance, poor from Wilson, lost his man but he'll learn.  Pepe was poor for 1 and 3 but nothing he could do with the 2nd
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #647: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:06 pm
      He would of never saved that header, no keeper would IMO.
      I agree no-one would have saved that and that goal wasnt his fault. Getitn gcought in his inside post completely his fault though.

1st goal was Gerrards fault, didnt track the guy that played a 1-2 with parker, infact all game the back 3/4 were constantly exposed without the midfield tracking back.

2nd no-one went with Ba - good goal for West Ham though.

3rd, Skrtel/Pepe ballsed it up between them.

Yet again letting in stupid goals, hope Kenny nips this in the bud early, thats whats screwed our season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #648: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:21 pm
      Dire performance, anytime Dagger is not in the starting 11 this type of defensive performance happens, let alone losing Kelly. While Wilson is improving and needs first squad time I don't think he is starting 11 quite yet, add on to that skrtel (who is a best a fringe bench player) and we give up 3.

Suarez looked good in 2nd half and Johnson was mixing it up quite well also, my biggest worry right now is next weekend if Dagger and Kelly are both out and RM is nicked. We need more then Ngog and Kuyt can provide on the attacking side, hopefully Carrol is fit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #649: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:25 pm
      I bet you thought to do that within the same time frame as Renia, which was no more then a couple of seconds.

I'm not a professional goalkeeper but I have watched Reina long enough to know he is good enough to at least anticipate where to dive.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #650: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:39 pm
      Reina was bad today! Lets not deny that, looked shakey from start to finish , scuffing balls and dropping them L R and C.

Wilson played decent so he did and was impressed but Carra must have had him a prep talk on the art of the 'Hoof'....

Johnson was class before we changed formation and loved the attacking role, Apart from getting us that goal was quiet Second half.

Skrtel was weak and out played the whole game! iLL say no more!

Kelly outstanding to he was taken off , hope he recovers...We fecking need him back!

Carra was poor today aswell, made a few good strong tackles but looked of the pace. We needed the Spartan and Dagger on for this game, was box to box...

Gerrard was piss poor, had a decent shot but his runs,passes and free kicks were sh*te.. We need him fit!

Raoul looked decent to he went off....wish he had of stayed on.

Lucas was poor imo and needs to think "Hey , i need to tackle this player" 'NOT' "b***ard,Foul him!!!"

Cole didnt show up, didnt know he was on. When he had ball kept possesion well and a few decent turns but went no where with it.

Ngog played well! A nice run or two but made some stupid choices when passing

Suarez showed some real signs of flair and how he will be for us and we regroup and give oursels a kick up the ass....and with a few big names on and performing ive no doubt he'l shine.Was class in setting up our goal!!

Rant over! That felt good :D
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #651: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:39 pm
      If we were to go after every player that plays good against us we"d be broke.

He has been Mr consistent for West Ham over the last few seasons though, he could have become a great player when he went to Chelsea but turned out to be a bench-warmer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #652: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:46 pm
      I know I'm risking a flaming but I think Ngog did alright when he came on.

Did well to carry on chasing to win the header that lead to the goal.

It would have been Gary Kelly, but he got injured...

I thought he would of retired by now!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #653: Feb 27, 2011 03:36:56 pm
      It was West Ham fans taking the piss out of us, no way that was our fans.
      Think it was. Evertime he took a goal kick it was chanted.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #654: Feb 27, 2011 03:37:02 pm
      It was West Ham fans taking the piss out of us, no way that was our fans.

If it was the Hammers fans, then wtf? It would have been funny prior to October 2010...
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #655: Feb 27, 2011 03:37:07 pm
      Only positive, Suarez has the hunger, its blatent to see in his game. Bar Johnson + Suarez everyone else was crap and I hope Kenny grills the lot of them. Can wave goodbye to the slim chance of Champs League now.

unfortunately, his hunger might be gone very fast, if teamates arent hungry enough.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #656: Feb 27, 2011 03:37:55 pm
      I thought he would of retired by now!!

I know, lmao when they said that
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #657: Feb 27, 2011 03:38:34 pm
      This game would have been made for the big greek who on along with Agger has been our best defender this season.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #658: Feb 27, 2011 03:38:55 pm
      reinas reaction was slow to say the least.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #659: Feb 27, 2011 03:38:57 pm
      I'm not a professional goalkeeper but I have watched Reina long enough to know he is good enough to at least anticipate where to dive.
      Couldn't agree more chats
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #660: Feb 27, 2011 03:39:43 pm
      Dreadful dreadful dreadful.

Why did West Ham want that more than us. If they want to stay up, beating a top 6 side isn't neccessary, but if we want to finish 4th, beating a bottom 3 side is.

The only players on the pitch who looked arsed about that game was Suarez, and for the majority Kuyt and Johnson. Gerrard only came into it at about 70 minutes as did a few others. And no, it wasn't too late, because we didn't score until 84 minutes and still could've got a draw or win. But when you see an improvement in the players performance at that point, you have to ask, why not do that from the very first minute.

We won't finish 4th now, and we should be happy that Everton done us a favour by beating Sunderland yesterday.
      As always over the last 6,7, 8 seasons, we go on a bit of a run and believe we can climb a few positions, and then F**k it up with a half arsed performance like that.

The ref was bollocks. Some basic decisions like when a hammers player hit the ball at Bridge and they got the throw. The corner the ref give at the final whistle. The foul on Suarez by Tomkins at 1-0 down. They change games.

But unfortunately we didn't deserve anything out of that. We were second to every ball. We looked dodgy at the back which they only did twice all game when Suarez turned inside the box. One for the goal, one forcing the save from Green.

How nice it would have been to pip Chelsea to 4th and watch Torres playing in the Europa League next season while we played in the champions league. The only joy we had left to hope for was chasing 4th place, but 8 points behind Spurs who have a game in hand is too much now.

So angry at the team there. There's no excuse atall for wanting it less than the other team when you play for Liverpool FC.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #661: Feb 27, 2011 03:40:14 pm
      This, agian.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #662: Feb 27, 2011 03:40:17 pm
      Jesus Christ
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #663: Feb 27, 2011 03:40:32 pm
      This game would have been made for the big greek who on along with Agger has been our best defender this season.

Agree with this, thought it was good to give Wilson a chance, but when it became clear that we needed Soto, I thought he'd have come on for Kelly.  Always a danger from set-pieces as well.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #664: Feb 27, 2011 03:40:38 pm

He probably did know where to dive, just the header was a bullet and no keeper would get that.

I do think Renia is massively overrated IMO.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #665: Feb 27, 2011 03:40:40 pm
      Come on we know we are not goo denough and the run has been great but it was never going to last.We were poor on Thursday and today lets get Carrol out for next sunday and start again.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #666: Feb 27, 2011 03:41:01 pm
      we definitely needed him for strength ,they wouldn"t have bullied him .

Quick Reply