Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

West Ham 3-1 Liverpool - post match tantrums

Read 59796 times
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Re: West Ham 3-1 Liverpool - post match tantrums
      Reply #874: Feb 28, 2011 08:11:18 am
      Sorry.

My dog accidentally banned you.

>:D
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #875: Feb 28, 2011 09:13:06 am
      Very frustrating watching that performance,the players looked very out of sorts maybe the performance on thursday took a lot out of some of the players,not a lot of positives to take out of it other than some of suarezs touches and i thoght kelly did well untill his injury.

Gerrard looked, well to be honest sh*te his passing was abysmal and lucas just didnt seem to be there atall,wilson looked a bit nervy,and skrtyl is looking very shaky,all in all a bad day at the office roll on sunday and smashing the mancs.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #876: Feb 28, 2011 09:21:53 am
      When our midfiled collapsed, that's what we come to expect. Time to revamp the midfield for next season. We need a speedy and tough tackling midfielder ala Masc, Lucas is not the answer. Besides that, some of the players are so damn bloody lazy, when WH regained possession, our players chose to become spectators instead of tracking back to defend to regain possession. Had we done that we would have neutralised WH effectiveness.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #877: Feb 28, 2011 09:22:12 am
      The whole team was below par today, unfortunately when you have absolutely no width you cannot relieve the pressure in the center.

We were outplayed, Stevie just back from injury and couldnt shine (i dont listen to all this statto 20 missed passes sh*te) and Lucas shows his defensive weaknesses again, he just isnt that type of player and gets exposed when up against it.

Its another reality check, we just managed the Europa league progression and then get topppled by West Ham......

Lots of work to do Kenny, but it will come. A good win next week should get us back on track and i honestly believe we have a great chance, im looking forward to it.

Lets hope Carroll makes the manc game.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #878: Feb 28, 2011 09:26:38 am
      there were a few bad individual performances but as a team, we just didn't gel. i'd agree that our midfield was over run. we just didn't keep the ball in the midfield. i didn't think gerrard was bad, thought lucas, cole and kuyt were guilty of giving the ball away too often.

quite harsh on wilson to criticise him so much, he's young and has a lot to learn, and there was also some ridicilous comment on miereles not offering us anything. he had a flat game but that's one of about 20.

suarez needs the supply, cos when he gets the ball, he looks very sharp, it's only a matter of time before his enthusiasm wears off if he's constantly chasing shadows.

and wtf was skrtly doing for the 3rd goal? he's last man, just get rid ffs, why p1$$ about? game to forget tbh :(
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #879: Feb 28, 2011 09:33:45 am
      I do sympathise with Kenny having to run the show with too many average players in the team. Yes, the quality of some of the players may not be what we expected but at least show some fight and determination, that will make a big difference.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #880: Feb 28, 2011 09:37:34 am
      When WH Hitzspelberger took at least 4 or 5 practice shots at our goal, that shows that we've got a very serious problem in front of our goal. I believe Kenny would have seen that, Didi would not have allowed that to happen. Luckily all the attempts were off target.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 09:42:57 am by redkop63 »
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #881: Feb 28, 2011 10:01:48 am
      I had my arse freezed yesterday at the Boleyn,and to go all the way there and see your team get outplayed like that was really sad.On top of that,the locals singing in my face..was hard to take really.Anyone knows about RaulĀ“s injury?
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #882: Feb 28, 2011 10:23:44 am
      I had my arse freezed yesterday at the Boleyn,and to go all the way there and see your team get outplayed like that was really sad.On top of that,the locals singing in my face..was hard to take really.Anyone knows about RaulĀ“s injury?

Kenny Dalglish has confirmed that Martin Kelly could face a few weeks on the sidelines with a torn hamstring, while Raul Meirelesā€™ knock to the knee is not so serious.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #883: Feb 28, 2011 10:31:17 am
      F***ing gutted.

Must say t'was a quality first goal from Parker. When the second went in I was shattered but you know what? I went outside at half time, had a smoko, calmed down a bit and thought London-bul is gonna happen in the 2nd half.

When Glen J tapped in, thought here we go, no matter how sh*t we had played for the preceding 80 odd minutes, I still felt we could nick all 3 points, then F***ing Skrtel gets his arse wooped by F***ing Carlton Cole of all people and the final nail went in.  :f_wah:

Really shambolic the way all lads played today. Hope Kenny has everyone passing the ball 10,000 times to each other in training. Most importantly I want Agger back beacuse our Defence is totally sh*te without his coolness on the ball.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #884: Feb 28, 2011 01:01:24 pm
      seems to me the reds have woefull games if we happen to get two games in a week. just wonder about fitness levels of ouir highly paid stars. defence was flat footed and giving the ball away constsantly. defence just gaping at west ham players insted of getting stuck in there. saurez only bright spot for me
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #885: Feb 28, 2011 01:04:34 pm
      the big thing i could see was we were crying out for wingers, massively missed, we just cant change the momentum without good wide options.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #886: Feb 28, 2011 01:15:12 pm
      there were a few bad individual performances but as a team, we just didn't gel. i'd agree that our midfield was over run. we just didn't keep the ball in the midfield. i didn't think gerrard was bad, thought lucas, cole and kuyt were guilty of giving the ball away too often.

Lucas completed 85% of his passes, Gerrard 66%, cole 75%, Kuyt 79%

Lucas won 6 tackles and lost 1, a phenomenal amount, Gerrard only made 2 tackles.

Gerrard played too high, and kept following the ball, leaving the centre exposed - if he was fitter and could get back in position quicker, it wouldn't have been as much of a problem, but he looked shagged out after 30 mins.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #887: Feb 28, 2011 02:20:39 pm
       I've asked this one a couple of times now and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. In the second half, Gerrard burst into the area at least 3 times and tried to square it accross the six yard box. On each occasion parker blocked it with a last ditch tackle and we instantly regained posession. Do these count as "misplaced passes"?

Also, Gerrard crossed it many times in the second half and it was headed out, do they count as "misplaced passes" too? I'm just interested.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #888: Feb 28, 2011 02:36:04 pm
      I've asked this one a couple of times now and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. In the second half, Gerrard burst into the area at least 3 times and tried to square it accross the six yard box. On each occasion parker blocked it with a last ditch tackle and we instantly regained posession. Do these count as "misplaced passes"?

Also, Gerrard crossed it many times in the second half and it was headed out, do they count as "misplaced passes" too? I'm just interested.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/359Y07q0Ndy115d18zd9
      Have a look
      Edit: The answer is they count as misplaced passes
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #889: Feb 28, 2011 02:38:16 pm

yes they do, because it's still a misplaced pass.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #890: Feb 28, 2011 02:41:33 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #891: Feb 28, 2011 02:50:33 pm
       Well if a cross which is headed out is a "mispaced pass" then the stat is rendered a nonsense. I won't bother even considering the validity of them in the future (not that I did much anyway). If the people who incessantly quote them know that such nonsense is passed off as "fact", why do they even bother bringing them into the discussion? Ridiculous really. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #892: Feb 28, 2011 02:52:40 pm
      Well if a cross which is headed out is a "mispaced pass" then the stat is rendered a nonsense. I won't bother even considering the validity of them in the future (not that I did much anyway). If the people who incessantly quote them know that such nonsense is passed off as "fact", why do they even bother bringing them into the discussion? Ridiculous really. 
      You might also notice that most of the passes misplaced are in and around the opposition box. Whereas there is a deeper lying map of passes in Lucas'.
      They need to be read in context.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #893: Feb 28, 2011 02:56:11 pm
      You might also notice that most of the passes misplaced are in and around the opposition box. Whereas there is a deeper lying map of passes in Lucas'.
      They need to be read in context.

Very true mate. I also noticed that nearly all of Gerrards short arrows were blue (aside from one ridiculously short one where I guess he fell over it or soimething), most of his medium sized arrows were blue, but the longer arrows were split much more evenly between reds and blues. I think he had seven reds as well which were actually passes into the box.

My conclusion? people who pass them off as facts are chatting bollocks.  
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #894: Feb 28, 2011 02:57:45 pm

So when a player passes and an opposition player blocks or intercepts it you think the pass was complete?

In that case what you're saying is that Gerrard intended to pass to the opposition!!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #895: Feb 28, 2011 03:01:07 pm
      So when a player passes and an opposition player blocks or intercepts it you think the pass was complete?

In that case what you're saying is that Gerrard intended to pass to the opposition!!

If I was taking the stats at face value Debs that would be exactly how ridiculous my stance would be, you'd be quite right. This is the same reason why it is utterly nonsensical to rate a five yard roll to a left back as having the same degree of difficulty attached to it as attempting to hit a blokes head from 40 yards away.

I knew the stats by themselves were nonsense, but I didn't realise quite to what extent it was so.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #896: Feb 28, 2011 03:01:31 pm
      Here here. I've had a f**king gutsful of people sticking the boot into Gerrard. People need to ask themselves this question.

If Gerrard wasn't surrounded by such mediocre sh*te would we be so reliant on him?. It's not his fault that some of the players are not on his level. Out of all the players on that pitch today, only Suarez, Johnson, Meireles and Gerrard are c apable of that something special.
      Was just thinkin the same mate,when I came across your post.I feel like throwing me laptop out the window.I expect when we lose to have to read the usual negative (usually the same people aswell) sh**e.But to use Gerrard as the scapegoat for the loss just has me F****n seething.
      West Ham on the day wanted it more and got what they fully deserved imo.The lads played below par and I'm sure they know that and will put it right against the scum. :f_steam:

IKKWT.   

Quick Reply