Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Michal Kadlec (Bayer Leverkusen)

Read 3760 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Michal Kadlec (Bayer Leverkusen)
      Mar 10, 2011 05:25:03 pm
      Bayer Leverkusen defender Michal Kadlec insists that he has not been in contact with Liverpool amid reports of a summer transfer to Anfield.

The 26-year-old has been an integral part of second-placed Leverkusen's continued attempt to catch runaway Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund and has been one of the league's star performers.

Left-sided Kadlec was the subject of an August scouting mission from Liverpool, who have since been playing England right-back Glen Johnson on the opposite flank since loaning flopped summer signing Paul Konchesky to Nottingham Forest.

The Czech Republic international is only under contract with Leverkusen until 2013, but, while he has refused to confirm that he will sign a new deal, he is adamant that he has not been approached by Liverpool.

"It (Liverpool's interest) was in some English paper, but I know nothing specific about it. I have not discussed it with anyone," Kadlec told isport.blesk.cz.

"I know that they were present at our early-season game against Dortmund, which we won 2-0. But I don't know whether there has been any progress since then."

Regarding his contract, Kadlec said: "Will I extend it? It is too early for such thinking, but Leverkusen have announced that the clear objective of this season is to qualify for the Champions League.

"If we fail to get there, then they would probably be forced to sell some players.

"On the other hand, if we manage to qualify, the club would not be willing to release anyone.

"Anyway, to be connected with such a big club (Liverpool) flatters me. Who would not be tempted to play in the Premier League?"
      http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/bundesliga/story/Bayer-Leverkusen-defender-Kadlec-plays-down-Liverpool-link
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Re: Michal Kadlec (Bayer Leverkusen)
      Reply #1: Mar 10, 2011 05:30:02 pm
      There's not much out there on him. Here are the few scraps I could find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michal_Kadlec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iExQ1oJG4Wg&feature=related

not in English but...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jEMPjQw69I
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Mar 10, 2011 05:33:10 pm
      Nah.

Decent player, but not for me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Mar 10, 2011 05:40:01 pm
      Wow! I'm pretty sure I mentioned his name in this forum some time in the past, but never expected him to actually be linked to us.

I always liked him. He's not the world's greatest but a very good left back I wouldn't mind having at Liverpool.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Mar 10, 2011 05:43:18 pm
      Haven't watched enough Bundesliga to judge. Better choice than Coentrao or Cissokho? Probably not, but more realistic? I'd guess so.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Mar 10, 2011 07:05:44 pm
      Oddly enough, he's scored tonight against Villarreal.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Mar 10, 2011 07:42:58 pm
      Oddly enough, he's scored tonight against Villarreal.

Yeah, just noticed that :D
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #7: Mar 10, 2011 07:45:02 pm
      Does he compare to anyone in our current squad? Better/worse/similar? I've never seen him play.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Mar 10, 2011 09:17:00 pm
      Wow! I'm pretty sure I mentioned his name in this forum some time in the past, but never expected him to actually be linked to us.

Found it ;D Mentioned him here.

Does he compare to anyone in our current squad? Better/worse/similar? I've never seen him play.

Well we don't have any proper left back so it's hard to compare, but he is a solid left back who is decent going forward, has a good shot on him too. As I said he wouldn't be a breath taking signing, but I'd be satisfied with him. 
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 11, 2011 08:25:31 pm
      Would you say another John Arne Riise type? If so, sign him up. We haven't had a solid left back since he left.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 12, 2011 01:35:59 pm
      To be fair, Blesk is a czech incarnation of the Sun so I wouldn't believe anything they say.
      He's a good player though, pretty fast, has a sweet shot. He used to play centre-back, but he's gotten used to the left-back role. Could be our new free-kick taker, I'm tired of Gerrard blasting it to the wall everytime.
      I'd have him over Konchesky and even Aurelio anytime.
      Let's also take Václav Kadlec from Sparta as a replacement for N'gog when we're at it:)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Mar 15, 2011 11:54:56 am
       Dalglish alerted to Czech left back
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/dalglish-alerted-to-czech-left-back

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will be on alert after discovering Bundesliga target Michal Kadlec is open to a Premier League switch, with the Czech international insisting a move to Liverpool is a distinct possibility.

Dalglish's scouting team were present at a Bayer Leverkusen fixture earlier in the season, with the target of their interest reported to be the impressive full-back.

Liverpool have found themselves weakened in defence with injuries to Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger and Martin Kelly initiating something of a defensive crisis for Kenny Dalglish.

A particular area of concern is left-back, with Glen Johnson often forced to operate from an unfamiliar position due to the lack of left-sided options at Dalglish's disposal.

Aurelio remains the Kop's only experienced left-back option after Paul Konchesky sealed a loan switch to Nottingham Forest in January.

With Liverpool evidently keen to strengthen in this position, Kadlec expressed his delight at being linked with such a major club, revealing he would be open to any offer made by the northwest club.

"To be connected with such a big club flatters me. Who would not be tempted to play in the Premier League?" Kadlec revealed.

Kadlec has two years currently remaining on his contract at Bayer Leverkusen, though the club will look to offload some of their squad members is they cannot qualify for next season's Champions League.

"I know that they were present at our early season game against Dortmund, which we won 2-0," Kadlec claimed about the Liverpool scouting rumours. "But I don't know whether there has been any progress since then."

Leverkusen currently occupy second position in the German Bundesliga, the final position that enables Champions League qualification.

Source: Sportsvibe.co.uk
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Mar 15, 2011 01:54:35 pm
      Lot of agents trying currently to drum up interest in there players for the Summer
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Mar 15, 2011 02:03:43 pm
      Hopefully Sami puts in a good word for us ;). I'm sure he will.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2011 11:58:14 am
      Kadlec - Reds link super
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6819862,00.html
      Defender will wait until the summer before deciding future

Last updated: 18th March 2011   

Michal Kadlec says he will wait until the summer before deciding his future after admitting it is 'super' to have been linked with Liverpool.

The Bayer Leverkusen left-back is rumoured to be a transfer target for Liverpool, who are short on options in the position.

Kadlec has a further two years to run on his contract with Leverkusen and is not currently thinking about an extension.

Liverpool are understood to have watched Kadlec earlier in the season and the Czech Republic international is happy to be on the Premier League giants' radar.

"There is a lot of speculation - we will see in the summer what happens," Kadlec told Sky Sports News Radio.

"It is super for me - when I heard that Liverpool have maybe heard of me, that I exist.

"We will see in the summer."

Quick Reply