Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)

Read 39350 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Javier Pastore (Palermo)
      Reply #23: Apr 01, 2011 09:43:18 pm
      Would be a killer if he signed for someone else in the premiership,would be a big chunk of our transfer budget.But if we are spending well over a 100 million well worth it,and would be some statement of intent from the owners.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2011 11:22:50 pm
      I'm sorry but at that money he isn't worth it, buy him for £50 million will put us in a crippling position over the coming seasons with the fair play market.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Apr 02, 2011 12:25:45 am
      Doubt he will Utd are bust and according to the media Chelsea are going to sign about 200 players in the Summer

So are we to be fair mate.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 02, 2011 05:31:31 am
      since when will we be spending 100m this summer?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Apr 02, 2011 11:14:48 am
      since when will we be spending 100m this summer?

He didn't say we was mate, think he was just trying to say that other positions need to be filled and that spending £50m on one player wouldn't be viable unless we are spending more than £100m this summer.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #28: Apr 02, 2011 07:31:58 pm
      If we did have 50 million to splash on a creative midfielder I would go for Wilshere over Pastore.

Would rather splash 50 million on 2 wingers though.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #29: Apr 02, 2011 09:38:00 pm
      Here is this lad on liverpool rumour room he gets most stuff right.

This page was last updated: 21:15:51 GMT+1

02 Apr 2011 20:48:54
      I posted the other day, our transfer targets according to one of my sources from Liverpool. It turns out he was using another source who he claimed had questionable reliability. I have many 'friends' aound the city, and one seems to believe we are after more south american talent, as they provide more flair than Europeans usually.
      Erik Lamela, Javier Pastore, Alexis Sanchez and Neymar have all been watched. Brazilian youngster Lucas is also being tracked. The prices of these players are unbelieveable imo. Lamela is apparently around £15m! Pastore has a 50m euro buy out clause! Udinese want £30m for Sanchez! Santos want £25m for Neymar. Lucas has just had a £80m buy out clause written into his contract.
      Insanity.
      These players would all walk straight into our starting line-up tbh. They are the world's next superstars. However how rich my source thinks FSG are i don't know.
      The club is in talks to sign a PSV Eindhoven player. Who? I don't honestly have a clue. At a wild guess it's Dzsudzsak, Toivonen or Labyad.
      I've also heard Moussa Sissoko wants to join us, but may be swayed should we fail to qualify for a european competition.
      A Man In The Know. YNWA!
      P.S. Sorry about the whole Craig Connor incident, got the lad Connor Thomas on loan from coventry, confused with Craig Rodden. My bad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Apr 05, 2011 12:18:25 am
      I could of told you that.

My sources tell me we're in talks with a football player. I don't know which club or league, but my sources tell me we're definitely talking to someone, somewhere.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 05, 2011 03:25:40 pm
      I've heard we're actually talking to someone else somewhere, crouchy. My source is my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: May 31, 2011 12:20:23 am

Palermo: Pastore may leave

Monday 30 May, 2011

Maurizio Zamparini has revealed that his transfer plans for Palermo may include the sale of Javier Pastore.

Speaking to Radio Radio on Monday, the Rosanero chief admitted that he could not rule out Pastore’s departure.

“Pastore is the only player who could leave. It all depends on the boy,” the President stated.

“He earns less than €1m and if a big club offered him €4m then it would be hard to keep him. Palermo can’t afford that and we have to balance the books.”

The Argentine sensation, who Zamparini has valued at €60m this term, has been linked with a variety of Europe’s top clubs.

http://www.football-italia.net/may30i.html
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: May 31, 2011 12:22:08 am
      No doubt the front runner for him will be City.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #34: May 31, 2011 12:24:35 am
      No doubt the front runner for him will be City.

Why ? If people think that we have the money for Aguero, why wouldn't we have the money for Pastore, who is a much better fit for this LFC team, anyway ?
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #35: May 31, 2011 12:25:48 am
      I would prefer this guy to anyone on the transfer board apart from Aguero and Mata. He is top class and so young. Despite this I wouldn't think we have much of a chance signing this lad. Seems every top club is after him. :(
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #36: May 31, 2011 12:30:56 am
      Doubt he will Utd are bust and according to the media Chelsea are going to sign about 200 players in the Summer
      so that a few less then us then
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #37: May 31, 2011 12:38:19 am
      It just may be that some players preferr to be a part of building something great, rather than jumping on someone else's band waggon. If they think we are moving in the right direction, you never know who might want to join us. Kenny can be very persuasive, and at 21 Pastore could be well influenced by him. Fingers crossed, if he does want to join us, the price may come down.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #38: May 31, 2011 12:40:26 am
      Zamparini (president Palermo): "4 or 5 foreign clubs are interested in Pastore. Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, and Man City want him."

I rate the lad but I don't think he's coming here this summer. I think it'll be either Barcelona (if they can't get Fabregas) or City. I think the latter.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #39: May 31, 2011 12:48:04 am
      Zamparini (president Palermo): "4 or 5 foreign clubs are interested in Pastore. Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, and Man City want him."

I rate the lad but I don't think he's coming here this summer. I think it'll be either Barcelona (if they can't get Fabregas) or City. I think the latter.

To be honest, I think that we have a much better chance of getting Pastore than Aguero ... As Zamparini has stated today, Pastore is on less than £20,000 per week at Palermo, so we could easily improve his wages in a massive way, and still not ruin our wage structure ... As for the transfer fee, I have read the €60 million valuation by Palermo, but honestly, they won't get that sort of money for a player that is yet to turn 21 ... Something in the €40 million region would be much more realistic, and I can see FSG paying that sort of money, for a talent of that magnitude ...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: May 31, 2011 12:59:00 am
      To be honest, I think that we have a much better chance of getting Pastore than Aguero ... As Zamparini has stated today, Pastore is on less than £20,000 per week at Palermo, so we could easily improve his wages in a massive way, and still not ruin our wage structure ... As for the transfer fee, I have read the €60 million valuation by Palermo, but honestly, they won't get that sort of money for a player that is yet to turn 21 ... Something in the €40 million region would be much more realistic, and I can see FSG paying that sort of money, for a talent of that magnitude ...

I think the main reason why I don't think we'll get him is because we haven't been linked or have shown any interest. I agree that if we go after Aguero or Pastore then Pastore would be the more realistic option.

I would like to see the club try a $30 million plus Aquliani bid. Gives them a quality replacement plus €30 million. I think Aquliani would be up to the idea too considering he would prefer to stay in Italy.

If a terrific player though.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #41: May 31, 2011 01:03:40 am
      I think the main reason why I don't think we'll get him is because we haven't been linked or have shown any interest. I agree that if we go after Aguero or Pastore then Pastore would be the more realistic option.

I would like to see the club try a $30 million plus Aquliani bid. Gives them a quality replacement plus €30 million. I think Aquliani would be up to the idea too considering he would prefer to stay in Italy.

If a terrific player though.

we were linked tohim  multiple times after the jan transfer window a lot of the papers said they were expecting us to make a summer bid
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #42: May 31, 2011 01:46:57 am
      Jesus guys,the kid is a hell of a player but I think that we are all talking about numbers that cant be real.I would certainly like to have Pastore at Anfield but paying 30;40 mil or more is crazy imo.The transfer market went insane in the last few years but still, I think that he cant cost more than Suarez,as an example.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: May 31, 2011 01:51:07 am
      I think that he cant cost more than Suarez,as an example.

Trust me mate, he'll go for more then £22 million. It'd be around €40-50 million IMO.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #44: May 31, 2011 08:39:38 am
      Trust me mate, he'll go for more then £22 million. It'd be around €40-50 million IMO.

I think that the €50 million figure is slightly exaggerated ... Probably somewhere in the €40 million region ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #45: May 31, 2011 10:51:28 am
      Madness that price,what has this lad done 50-60 million is outrageous,only seen one or to u tube videos of him but for that king of money we could buy 3-4 players.

Quick Reply