Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

King Kenny will tell Owen where he belongs

Read 16959 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: King Kenny will tell Owen where he belongs
      Reply #138: Apr 10, 2011 09:14:51 pm
      I wouldn't have Owen back, not only has he played for the manc but he's just not good enough anymore. Injuries have taken their toll and without the blistering pace he is only half the player he once was.

Maybe if its true that Chelsea are looking to offload Torres in the summer we could sign him instead. Maybe offer them £20 million and N'gog ? 
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #139: Apr 10, 2011 09:21:12 pm
      Fowler is five years older than Judas FFS 5 years ago he was playing and scoring for us!
      the reds13( I bet you're Einstein in Disguise) , 5 years ago Fowler rarely started games, generally came on as Super Sub, Super, Super sub. 5 years on , Owen is that age and rarely starts games ( Einstein, I have faith in your intellect to complete the sentence)
      This time 5 years Robbie scored 5 goals in 9 starts in the league between the end of January and May with 5 sub appreances.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #140: Apr 10, 2011 09:48:10 pm
      Last I heard Fowler was playing in Australia or New Zealand? Owen will be on subs bench this week in quarter final of Champions League. What a loser/tosser Owen is.

Fowler is five years older than Owen so quite likely he will be closer to retirement than Owen. At least he went to Australia to play football and not sit on the mancs bench.

Redknapp is in todays press talking about value of big name players versus the actual talent/perhaps lack off even bring to teams. Thrilled with Becks. Fergie was thrilled with Owen. Not for the games he played or goals he scored, just his "presence" with younger and especially the foreign players regarding EPL physce. Mourinho bought an aging Carvalho to Madrid for that very reason. Barca wouldn't sell Puyol for all the beer on Mersyside ( re his "presence", not skill nescessarily as Centre Half)

Redknapp is a media who*e who would love to sign the likes of Beckham and Owen to get him more publicity in the press. Good old 'Arry signing England legends and all that.

On Carvalho the difference is he is still a quality defender. Michael Owen has not been a good player since he left us.

I would never want Owen back as apart from the fact he is an injury prone has been he didn't give Rafa even half a season to see how he could improve the team, left with a year on his contract and always seemed more concerned how his club career could progress his England career.

Also you can't compare Robbie Fowler with Owen in my opinion. Robbie had more natural ability in his big toe than Owen had in his whole body.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #141: Apr 10, 2011 09:48:49 pm
      And it's nice to see you still don't like players feeling the importance and pride of playing for their country by that utterly mindless comment on his future with England.

Just because I can't be arsed with England and their mindless numbskull fans, ask John Barnes about the pride of being racially abused by England fans on a flight out of Brazil after scoring THAT goal.

If you had followed the details in 2005 you would have known that Owen came into contact with Rafa before he flew over to Newcastle to talk to them. Sources said he was distraught when Rafa told him Liverpool were not going to offer the ridiculous valuation Real had put on Owen. He made it public when signing for Newcastle that he was disappointed that a deal couldn't have been done. He clearly knew and still knows he made a massive mistake by leaving Liverpool.

I did and I know Owen met Rafa before heading up to Newcastle and so did everyone else on all sorts of Liverpool forums, not exactly an exclusive that one, but I want to know exactly where it said he was in tears, because I don't ever remember anyone reporting that.

He regrets leaving Liverpool, big deal, as has been said various times since and the same goes for Torres, he made his bed he has to lie in it.

The whole argument is he's your boyhood hero isn't he? Whereas personally my boyhood hero is a toss up between Ian Rush and John Barnes.

And to me Rush is a bigger legend than Fowler, Owen and Torres!!

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #142: Apr 10, 2011 09:54:28 pm
      Was great for us as a player, never took to the lad as it always seemed his LFC career was secondary to playing and being fit for England duty.

He had the chance to come back in 2005 and choose Newcastle and had the most stick I've ever seen an ex-player get when he returned with the Mancs last season....and rightly so.

Where were you in Istanbul?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #143: Apr 11, 2011 12:45:12 pm
      F**k HIM NO WAY NOT JUST BECAUSE HES AT MAN U BUT HES DONE!!!
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #144: Apr 11, 2011 01:13:09 pm
      To try and draw a line under this increasingly mindless thread let us be objective: history apart, is Michael Owen good enough to play for LFC now? Answer is clearly NO. The only place he should be frequenting is his race horse stables, as he's well past his prime!! 8)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #145: Apr 11, 2011 01:23:54 pm
      I'd actually take him back....

I mean, One of the trophy cabnets must be pretty heavy by now and he's about the right height to stand under it and prop it up.
      Fowler_is_God
      • Banned

• 27 posts |
      Reply #146: Apr 11, 2011 01:34:23 pm
      If you had followed the details in 2005 you would have known that Owen came into contact with Rafa before he flew over to Newcastle to talk to them. Sources said he was distraught when Rafa told him Liverpool were not going to offer the ridiculous valuation Real had put on Owen. He made it public when signing for Newcastle that he was disappointed that a deal couldn't have been done. He clearly knew and still knows he made a massive mistake by leaving Liverpool.

And it's nice to see you still don't like players feeling the importance and pride of playing for their country by that utterly mindless comment on his future with England.

What a load of sh*te!

If he was actually in tears, it results down to because his career was over, nothing more than that. It had f**k all to do with a return to Anfield. If he loved the club so much he would never have left in the first place.

To sign for Man U no matter what the circumstances were is unforgiveable if your supposed to be a red. That is more than enough to convince anybody that he doesn't care about Liverpool FC. He doesn't give a sh*t. He is a selfish little pr**k and has been throughout his career.

Anybody who defends him on that decision then I believe they don't really have any idea of the rivalry and hatred that is Liverpool FC and Manchester United.

Despite all that, hes a crock anyway and isn't good enough, it's as simple as that. No pace and he's extremely rusty whenever he plays because of his shocking injury problems. The lad would offer us nothing.

Personally, I think it was one of the best decisions Rafa made not signing him for 17m. What a f**king waste that would have been.
      panos
      • fan from GREECE
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      • panos from Greece
      Reply #147: Apr 11, 2011 04:24:29 pm
      Whereas personally my boyhood hero is a toss up between Ian Rush and John Barnes.

And to me Rush is a bigger legend than Fowler, Owen and Torres!!

i agree with you my friend (i am born in 1971 and that period of time,80's ,Greek tv has only English football). after Newcastle, the t-shirt of LFC is veeeery heavy to wear it. sorry for my English mates , i am a Greek with the same passion with you
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #148: Apr 13, 2011 12:26:23 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #149: Apr 13, 2011 01:56:37 am

I must get that gif. Where did you get that gif??!

And Fowler is God - yawn. Heard it all before.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #150: Apr 13, 2011 02:09:24 am
      I must get that gif. Where did you get that gif??!

The one with the super-imposed face of Robbie Keane is way funnier!!
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #151: Apr 13, 2011 04:02:47 am
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #152: Apr 14, 2011 01:18:19 pm
      CaughtOffside linked him to us today!!! :lmao:

Absolute sh*te excuse of a website that is.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #153: Apr 16, 2011 11:47:25 pm
      So Owen decided to ply his trade in Sunny Spain and win trophies. Well that backfired didn't it. And after spending most of his time sat on the bench, he was released as, well a failure I supose. Then to Newcastle for the BIG TIME ! no sorry the cash, and when at the end of that tennure he decides to chuck it all in again, nobody was in for him, he was unwanted. Ferguson took a chance on him and it failed. The moment he signed for the Scum, as far as all true Liverpool fans were concerned, he'd sold his soul. Burned his bridges, no way back and he would have known that himself. And yes, you are entitled to your own opinion Aziz, but if you don't understand that, you're supporting the wrong club. Move on. 
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #154: Apr 17, 2011 10:36:22 am
      So Owen decided to ply his trade in Sunny Spain and win trophies. Well that backfired didn't it. And after spending most of his time sat on the bench, he was released as, well a failure I supose. Then to Newcastle for the BIG TIME ! no sorry the cash, and when at the end of that tennure he decides to chuck it all in again, nobody was in for him, he was unwanted. Ferguson took a chance on him and it failed. The moment he signed for the Scum, as far as all true Liverpool fans were concerned, he'd sold his soul. Burned his bridges, no way back and he would have known that himself. And yes, you are entitled to your own opinion Aziz, but if you don't understand that, you're supporting the wrong club. Move on. 

Spot on Gerns.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #155: Apr 17, 2011 10:51:49 am
      100% with you on this. Not worth a topic.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #156: Apr 17, 2011 03:38:45 pm
      No Way.. Owen is Judas..
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #157: Apr 17, 2011 03:55:17 pm
      The moment he signed for the Scum, as far as all true Liverpool fans were concerned, he'd sold his soul. Burned his bridges, no way back and he would have known that himself. And yes, you are entitled to your own opinion Aziz, but if you don't understand that, you're supporting the wrong club. Move on. 
      You said:
      "And yes, you are entitled to your own opinion Aziz, but if you don't understand that, you're supporting the wrong club. Move on."

I have been a supporter of Liverpool Football Club  for 50 plus years. Infact 2 Liverpools'. The Liverpool footaball club in Mombasa,Kenya  and the Liverpool football club in the UK.
      YOU ARE TELLING ME that I am supporting the wrong club? You are a neandarthal. A F***ing idiot in your parlance. How thick do you have to be to write what you wrote. I should move on and not support Liverpool because I thought we should sign Owen from manure? So  Rafa should have quit when he tried to buy Heinze from Manure. I asked Andrew Cashin or Mike Humphreys, ( President of LFC Toronto Branch in Canada.( Canada is a little far away from where you are. Nasty things like crossing an Ocean, think "giant lake" and you MIGHT get it.)if the Late , Great, Sir Bill Shankly would have ever cheered for Everton to win a particular match?( It would have been to “Pool’s advantage if Everton won). The response was,unequivocally, anything that helped his dear Liverpool he would do. And remember the rivalry with Everton was fierce in the 60s'. A little less today. I believe Messrs Humphrey and / or Cashin. Everything I've read about about him suggests that Sir Bill would sign Owen from the scum IF he thought it would help “Pool.
      Stop supporting Liverpool after 50 years because an ignorant c**t like you thinks like a F***ing animal devoid of any intelligence whatsoever?
      Today’s match is win/win for me. If we win, 5th spot can still happen. If we lose, I would much rather Aresnal win the league than Manure.
      Gerns and that fellow rocket scientist that posted after you, having a brain or intellect or purpose to life is overrated. Remain as Zombies/Neandarthalls/ . Assholes. 
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #158: Apr 17, 2011 04:58:52 pm
      I recall thanking "Fowler is God" for educating me re the venom folks on this board have for Michael Owen.
      I found interesting that a very tiny minority had even a modicum of respect for Owen's achievements at / for Liverpool. Huyton Red , winner that he is , suggests that Owen isn'tis not fit to lace Fowler's boots.
      Last I heard Fowler was playing in Australia or New Zealand? Owen will be on subs bench this week in quarter final of Champions League. What a loser/tosser Owen is.

Fowler is 36. If Owen can still play at 36, I'll eat my socks.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #159: Apr 17, 2011 05:07:08 pm
      You said:
      "And yes, you are entitled to your own opinion Aziz, but if you don't understand that, you're supporting the wrong club. Move on."

I have been a supporter of Liverpool Football Club  for 50 plus years. Infact 2 Liverpools'. The Liverpool footaball club in Mombasa,Kenya  and the Liverpool football club in the UK.
      YOU ARE TELLING ME that I am supporting the wrong club? You are a neandarthal. A F***ing idiot in your parlance. How thick do you have to be to write what you wrote. I should move on and not support Liverpool because I thought we should sign Owen from manure? So  Rafa should have quit when he tried to buy Heinze from Manure. I asked Andrew Cashin or Mike Humphreys, ( President of LFC Toronto Branch in Canada.( Canada is a little far away from where you are. Nasty things like crossing an Ocean, think "giant lake" and you MIGHT get it.)if the Late , Great, Sir Bill Shankly would have ever cheered for Everton to win a particular match?( It would have been to “Pool’s advantage if Everton won). The response was,unequivocally, anything that helped his dear Liverpool he would do. And remember the rivalry with Everton was fierce in the 60s'. A little less today. I believe Messrs Humphrey and / or Cashin. Everything I've read about about him suggests that Sir Bill would sign Owen from the scum IF he thought it would help “Pool.
      Stop supporting Liverpool after 50 years because an ignorant c**t like you thinks like a f**king animal devoid of any intelligence whatsoever?
      Today’s match is win/win for me. If we win, 5th spot can still happen. If we lose, I would much rather Aresnal win the league than Manure.
      Gerns and that fellow rocket scientist that posted after you, having a brain or intellect or purpose to life is overrated. Remain as Zombies/Neandarthalls/ . Assholes. 

Ahem Calm Down
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #160: Apr 17, 2011 06:31:01 pm
      Owen was 'in tears' and 'distraught' when Rafa told him we won't sign him eh? Oh yeah, i bet he was babbling his F***ing eyes out when he signed for the Mancs. I bet he blew right in to Fergie's handkerchief when he called him and asked him to sign for the Mancs. Yeah, right bloody depressed he was!

He can feck off back to the sewers.

Quick Reply