Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ratboy named as the new Andy Gray

Read 9616 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Ratboy named as the new Andy Gray
      Apr 09, 2011 09:55:55 am
      Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been named as Andy Gray's replacement at Sky Sports.

The 36-year-old hung up his boots at the beginning of the year after a glittering career that saw him win 14 major trophies with United - including eight Premier League titles and the Champions League - as well as 83 England caps.

Neville proclaimed himself to be "thrilled" at being offered the job, and he is expected to work alongside former on-pitch rival Jamie Redknapp as one of the satellite channel's top pundits.

But he will not be a popular choice for the role in some quarters, with a history of controversial incidents in his career. During a match against Liverpool in 2006 he ran the length of the pitch after Rio Ferdinand's late winner in order to celebrate in front of the travelling Reds fans.

"Now I have retired this feels like the perfect way for me to stay involved in football," said Neville, a lifelong fan of the Red Devils. "I am looking forward to bringing my 19 years of match experience into television."

Before he begins in his new role next season Neville will make one final appearance for United in his testimonial, which is to be played against Juventus at Old Trafford on May 24.

Gray and Sky football anchorman Richard Keys were both fired earlier this season after a scandal erupted when the duo's sexist behaviour off-air was recorded and leaked onto the internet.
      Eurosport
      http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042011/58/premier-league-neville-named-new-andy-gray.html

Please PLEASE let us storm to the title next season just so we can all watch this little sh*t squirm!

Couple of quotes from users viewing the article :

'im a man u fan ,but neville can,t talk properly .'

and

'Should have given the job to Torres to­ keep him involved in football !!'
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Ratboy named as the new Andy Gray
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2011 10:03:36 am
      FFS Steptoe's lad on the box What next?,
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2011 10:09:37 am
      Ludicrous.

He is not even half-way intelligent, he is such a divisive figure and it is not like he a star player. Glad I haven't got Sky.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2011 10:14:23 am
      Why am I not surprised at this appointment  :f_steam: I hate the devious little c***

Mute button will be very much in evidence next season.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2011 10:20:11 am
      So, we finally get shut of the bias we had from Gray and they employ that little sh*t? It's going to absolutely kill him to have to toe the line and say something good about us.

I can't understand why they've gone for him though, he's F***ing thick as F**k and has the most boring voice. Put him and Mick McCarthy in a room and wait for the first to die of boredom.

When they say replacement for Gray does that mean he'll just be in the studio or commentating as well?

Thank the internet for streaming, I'd rather listen to Warren Barton on Fox Sports.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2011 12:32:35 pm
      I cancelled my Sky subscription because I hated Gray if they bring him back I will reinstate it.Are they nuts having him, oh well to all those who do still have Sky sports make sure all sharp objects are removed from the house before the match.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2011 01:38:05 pm
      Thank God all I have to listen to is Steve McMahon,Shebby Singh and Paul Parker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2011 02:02:43 pm
      Ludicrous.

He is not even half-way intelligent, he is such a divisive figure and it is not like he a star player. Glad I haven't got Sky.

Actually, it isn't, I've heard him a couple of times now, when he has been a summariser and to be fair he does actually talk more sense than Gray.

To be honest I prefer Neville over some of the other cu*ts Sky have on, at least you know he hates us and why he hates us. He's a one club player, just like Carra and even though I hate saying it, in this day and age that has to be admired.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2011 02:33:49 pm
      Gonna go against the grain here ! As much as i hate him apparently he's a brilliant commentator.

And i'd love to hear him commentating when Liverpool are beating united just gonna make it sweeter.

He is very knowledgeable and if he can commentate unbiased i think its a good appointment !!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2011 02:48:31 pm
      Does that mean that he will be one of the commentators on FIFA, too?
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2011 07:01:56 pm
      I think there's a strong possibility that something might get thrown at my TV next season, a very strong possibility.

The only time I want to see that c**t on the telly, is when a pack of hungry dogs are tearing the flesh off his scrawny bones. The gobs***e!

FFS Sky >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2011 07:21:13 pm
      I think there's a strong possibility that something might get thrown at my TV next season, a very strong possibility.

This might come in handy: http://www.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/get-quote.html
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2011 10:13:26 pm
      One pr**k replaces another!!
      I don't care if he knows his stuff, I do not want to see his mug on my tv
       How can he be expected to act neutral while commentating on a Liverpool game, when he has publicly stated he hates us?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2011 10:43:11 pm
      Ratboy and Sky go hand in hand. Proud I don't have Sky.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2011 03:07:28 am
      One pr**k replaces another!!
      I don't care if he knows his stuff, I do not want to see his mug on my tv
       How can he be expected to act neutral while commentating on a Liverpool game, when he has publicly stated he hates us?
      He won't commentate on our games he can't surely !!

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2011 08:57:39 am
      Actually, it isn't, I've heard him a couple of times now, when he has been a summariser and to be fair he does actually talk more sense than Gray.

To be honest I prefer Neville over some of the other cu*ts Sky have on, at least you know he hates us and why he hates us. He's a one club player, just like Carra and even though I hate saying it, in this day and age that has to be admired.

Neville is not what you want for a summariser or commentator.  You need someone who is fair, balanced, level-headed and able to look at the game objectively.  I've never seen him say anything interesting or incisive - do you really want to listen to him drone on, mouthing platitudes and cliches in his monotonous voice?

Neville will turn a lot of people off - not just us - as he is such a divisive figure.  Why not someone like Giggs for whom everyone has a deep (if grudging) respect? You don't pick someone who will offend and alienate a large section of your audience.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2011 11:21:38 am
      Is he going to have his own show?

"How not to defend" with ratboy Gary neville.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2011 11:23:54 am
      Another reason to hate Sky.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2011 11:26:01 am
      What a F***ing joke!

........one tw*t follows another then  :o
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2011 12:07:45 pm
      Looks like Il be listening in Chinese commentary from now on.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2011 01:13:14 pm
      Thank the person who invented the mute button.

They should give Rafa a studio job though. He was brilliant during the CL match between Barca and Arsenal I think it was?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2011 05:42:29 pm
      Neville is not what you want for a summariser or commentator.  You need someone who is fair, balanced, level-headed and able to look at the game objectively.  I've never seen him say anything interesting or incisive - do you really want to listen to him drone on, mouthing platitudes and cliches in his monotonous voice?

Neville will turn a lot of people off - not just us - as he is such a divisive figure.  Why not someone like Giggs for whom everyone has a deep (if grudging) respect? You don't pick someone who will offend and alienate a large section of your audience.

But I have more respect for Neville than I do for Giggs. I don't think Giggs is that good a dribbler especially when compared to one of my heroes John Barnes! Neville is and was a decent right-back on his day and built up a brilliant partnership with Beckham, that cannot be denied. Plus the few times I've heard him speak, he has spoke sense and not just the usual sh*te footballers come out with.

Just a question, but when did "fair, balanced, level-headed and able to look at the game objectively" ever apply to Sky and Gray?

Man U fans could say the same about Carra, if he was given a tv job couldn't they?

And I'll be honest I rather listen to Neville's opinions than the likes of Redknapp, Smith or Wilkins, talking about droning on and boring the arse off people!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #22: Apr 10, 2011 08:47:03 pm
      And I'll be honest I rather listen to Neville's opinions than the likes of Redknapp, Smith or Wilkins, talking about droning on and boring the arse off people!!

That is a fair point HR as too many pundits are so boring and don't contribute anything, especially informed opinions of their own.

Quick Reply