Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Ratboy named as the new Andy Gray

Read 9652 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Ratboy named as the new Andy Gray
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2011 08:56:12 pm
      How is he with cliches?  One thing I hate with pundits and commentators is the overuse of token phrases.

Anyone know if his phone has been hacked yet?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2011 11:45:14 pm
      Well my skybox will go out the window next season.F**k him and sky shower of cu*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2011 01:40:36 am
      Anyone know if his phone has been hacked yet?

I doubt it, but I do know a few Liverpool lads had his mobile number back in 2007 and where taking the piss big time a few days before Athens!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Apr 11, 2011 01:42:59 am
      Are they the videos on youtube? Some of them are gas!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2011 01:50:42 am
      Are they the videos on youtube? Some of them are gas!

Don't think so, although his number probably got passed round like wildfire.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3469 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28: Apr 11, 2011 11:28:56 am
      I can't wait for Sky to sell their 3D coverage will Gary Neville on it, what a thought, I think I'm going to puke !
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2011 12:49:06 pm
      Thought it couldnt get any worse with Wilkins - oh well "mute" it will be for me as it has been for a few years with Sky.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2011 04:14:30 pm
      But I have more respect for Neville than I do for Giggs. I don't think Giggs is that good a dribbler especially when compared to one of my heroes John Barnes! Neville is and was a decent right-back on his day and built up a brilliant partnership with Beckham, that cannot be denied. Plus the few times I've heard him speak, he has spoke sense and not just the usual sh*te footballers come out with.

Just a question, but when did "fair, balanced, level-headed and able to look at the game objectively" ever apply to Sky and Gray?

Man U fans could say the same about Carra, if he was given a tv job couldn't they?

And I'll be honest I rather listen to Neville's opinions than the likes of Redknapp, Smith or Wilkins, talking about droning on and boring the arse off people!!

I'll admit like yourself that for some reason I have more respect for Gary Neville than Ryan Giggs. Unlike Giggs, Neville comes across as a boring f**k. If I went round to Ryan Giggs's house for dinner I'd probably blow my head off to end the sheer boredom of the occasion. Plus Neville turned up for his country when he could unlike that unpassionate Welsh boy. Plus at least Neville isn't drooled over endlessly by the British press. I can think of at least 20 players across Europe around his age who are far more legendary and influential players. And I respect the fact that despite not being a spectacular right back, Neville was always a solid right back who was on most occasions always reliable.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 938 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2011 07:11:10 pm
      Another tw*t presenting for Sky
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2011 12:38:36 pm
      Well the other difference between Giggs and Neville is their intelligence.

I'm not even sure Neville can articulate a full sentence without thinking about it first.
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2011 10:04:56 pm
      I read in an Irish paper last season before a match with United that Gary Neville had a deep albeit sounding begrudging respect for Liverpool FC. I interpreted this as a pretty fair opinion from a guy who grew up looking at Liverpool being top team for near on 20 years. If that is his true opinion i would think his views on Sky would be more palatable than some of the dribble we heard over the years from Gray. At least it is an honest opinion and would be similar to teh viw Carra would have on United.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #34: Apr 21, 2011 09:25:10 pm
      The best thing I ever did was F**k SKY right off, beats the hell out of me how anyone can part with their hard earned for that bag of sh*te especially when Rupert F***ing Murdoch owns the corporation, as good as buying the sh*t rag which he also owns.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2011 10:38:35 pm
      Going to say this quietly, anyone else think he's been very good so far?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2011 11:09:12 pm
      Going to say this quietly, anyone else think he's been very good so far?

Yes I can agree with that.

I know it's him but even he doesn't sound as much of a tw*t as Andy Gray.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2011 11:09:46 pm
      Yes I can agree with that.

I know it's him but even he doesn't sound as much of a tw*t as Andy Gray.
      Nope, he's actually been very positive towards us so far.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Aug 28, 2011 04:34:23 pm
      Nope, he's actually been very positive towards us so far.

Making up for all the time he was a complete tosser towards Liverpool and the fans.....he's probably been told to curb his anger and hate towards us now though  :-\
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #39: Aug 29, 2011 05:56:58 pm
      Making up for all the time he was a complete tosser towards Liverpool and the fans.....he's probably been told to curb his anger and hate towards us now though  :-\

He'll be caught off camera, soon enough, and end up on Talkshite.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Sep 05, 2011 08:34:44 am

Not too sure tbh...

Gary Neville accuses Liverpool FC of 'helping' Chelsea win title race

by Richard Buxton.

Published Sun 04 Sep 2011 15:01, Last updated: 2011-09-05

Chelsea's win at Anfield in May 2010 ensured they would win the title that season  Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has accused Liverpool of giving Chelsea a "helping hand" in the 2009/10 Premier League title race.

The Old Trafford club had hoped to close in on a record-breaking 19th domestic title but saw all hopes dashed after their West London counterparts left Anfield triumphant after a 2-0 win.

Carlo Ancelotti's side visited Merseyside just three days after Liverpool crashed out of the Europa League after losing in extra time of their semi-final clash with Atletico Madrid.

Although United would surpass Liverpool's tally just 12 months later, Neville - now a media pundit - has claimed that his club's long-standing adversaries 'eased off' against Chelsea.

"Some thought it would be a big test for them playing at Anfield with a couple of games to go and the title still up for grabs," he wrote in his column for the Mail on Sunday.

"But at United we knew that Liverpool would ease off if that meant depriving us of the championship, especially a 19th championship that would take us past their record.

"We'd heard rumours during the week that some Liverpool players had turned round to one of their young lads and said: 'There's not a f****** chance we're going to let United win this league.'

"I've no idea whether that rumour was true or not, but you could see the game was a nice end-of-season stroll for Liverpool.

"You could see half their players were on their summer holidays. Yet we couldn't complain, not publicly. It was up to us to make sure we weren't in a vulnerable position.

"But it didn't say much for Liverpool."

Neville, 36, also took aim at the Reds side that lost the 1996 FA Cup final to United.

Eric Cantona's stoppage time goal proved the difference between the sides and Neville believes that Roy Evans's players were distracted by their well-documented extracurricular activities.

He added: "The Liverpool team we faced in 1996 had talent but their professionalism wasn't close to ours at United.

"They turned up at Wembley for the FA Cup final wearing shocking white suits, looking like they had done most of their preparations in the tailors.

"Perhaps those Liverpool lads have no regrets from their careers.

"I don't doubt they enjoyed themselves.

"But, at United, the time to party is when you've won something."

Still a boring c**t trying to be contreversial.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3469 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: Sep 05, 2011 11:16:51 am
      The fact that we went to extra time against Atletico Madrid 3 days before didn't obviously appear on his radar. Simple fact is I haven't listened to pre-match, half time and post match analysis for years and certainly won't start now with the likes of ratboy, Redknob and Yorke araound.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42: Sep 05, 2011 11:30:03 am
      Not too sure tbh...

Gary Neville accuses Liverpool FC of 'helping' Chelsea win title race

by Richard Buxton.

Published Sun 04 Sep 2011 15:01, Last updated: 2011-09-05

Chelsea's win at Anfield in May 2010 ensured they would win the title that season  Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has accused Liverpool of giving Chelsea a "helping hand" in the 2009/10 Premier League title race.

The Old Trafford club had hoped to close in on a record-breaking 19th domestic title but saw all hopes dashed after their West London counterparts left Anfield triumphant after a 2-0 win.

Carlo Ancelotti's side visited Merseyside just three days after Liverpool crashed out of the Europa League after losing in extra time of their semi-final clash with Atletico Madrid.

Although United would surpass Liverpool's tally just 12 months later, Neville - now a media pundit - has claimed that his club's long-standing adversaries 'eased off' against Chelsea.

"Some thought it would be a big test for them playing at Anfield with a couple of games to go and the title still up for grabs," he wrote in his column for the Mail on Sunday.

"But at United we knew that Liverpool would ease off if that meant depriving us of the championship, especially a 19th championship that would take us past their record.

"We'd heard rumours during the week that some Liverpool players had turned round to one of their young lads and said: 'There's not a f****** chance we're going to let United win this league.'

"I've no idea whether that rumour was true or not, but you could see the game was a nice end-of-season stroll for Liverpool.

"You could see half their players were on their summer holidays. Yet we couldn't complain, not publicly. It was up to us to make sure we weren't in a vulnerable position.

"But it didn't say much for Liverpool."

Neville, 36, also took aim at the Reds side that lost the 1996 FA Cup final to United.

Eric Cantona's stoppage time goal proved the difference between the sides and Neville believes that Roy Evans's players were distracted by their well-documented extracurricular activities.

He added: "The Liverpool team we faced in 1996 had talent but their professionalism wasn't close to ours at United.

"They turned up at Wembley for the FA Cup final wearing shocking white suits, looking like they had done most of their preparations in the tailors.

"Perhaps those Liverpool lads have no regrets from their careers.

"I don't doubt they enjoyed themselves.

"But, at United, the time to party is when you've won something."

Still a boring c**t trying to be contreversial.

Link please!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #43: Sep 05, 2011 12:11:36 pm

I was looking for requested link and ended up in a thread of the same name on redcafe and one of the posters there said that the quotes used aren't new and they're from his Autobiography. Probably entitled 'My life as a rat' or 'The boss tastes salty' or something else, feel free to add your own. ;D

He's taken the sky silver now and as a result he'll be doing anything possible to avoid 'doing a grey' so it's probably just a daily fail reporter not having an article to write so made one up from old sh*te.

Having said that I wouldn't mind him getting sacked anyhoo.  :P
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #44: Sep 05, 2011 12:41:24 pm
      Simple fact is I haven't listened to pre-match, half time and post match analysis for years and certainly won't start now with the likes of ratboy, Redknob and Yorke araound.

Same here Fatty....I mute it or turn over when they start and only watch the match.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Sep 05, 2011 01:04:39 pm
      Sods law is, I've just got sky HD, so I'll be able to see the c**t in all his ratty glory.

Quick Reply