Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'

Read 21569 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'
      Reply #115: Apr 13, 2011 09:13:31 pm

Where and what's the source?
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #116: Apr 13, 2011 09:38:26 pm

His Porto Europa press conference. Any source you can possibly find.

He's said it's a lie but he isn't exactly going to say it's a done deal and he'll be at anfield next season.

That's exactly what Portuguese TV was saying he said...
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #117: Apr 13, 2011 09:48:42 pm
      Wish people would stop being so blinkered when it comes to Kenny Dalglish. Yes he is a great manager, he's a massive fan of the club, and a hero to many. Long term though he isn't going to be at the club that long, I'm not talking 3 or 4 years, I'm talking "The Chosen One", Arsene Wenger or even Ferguson long.

Lets look at facts. FACT: He was hired till the end of the season. FACT: He said he would step down if he wasn't needed.

If the owners want a younger manager who can manage for a long time, then Villas Boas is a likely candidate.

I'd be happy to have Dalglish, however I'd be equally happy with Villas Boas.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #118: Apr 13, 2011 10:05:07 pm
      His Porto Europa press conference. Any source you can possibly find.

That's exactly what Portuguese TV was saying he said...

F***ing hell, do you believe every word that comes from a managers mouth. He may or may not have signed a deal with Liverpool but he isn't going to say he has signed a deal before the season is over, is he?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #119: Apr 13, 2011 10:15:22 pm
      F***ing hell, do you believe every word that comes from a managers mouth. He may or may not have signed a deal with Liverpool but he isn't going to say he has signed a deal before the season is over, is he?

Then why did Portuguese TV say he said exactly that? That's the rumor he was squashing.

I don't know if he did or not, or has signed one or not but I know he has said it's a lie. I also know how FSG works, and they would not let him say a word about it. That's my point. Not that he HASN'T, because he could have. But we won't know through the F***ing media.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #120: Apr 13, 2011 10:36:28 pm
      Then why did Portuguese TV say he said exactly that? That's the rumor he was squashing.

I don't know if he did or not, or has signed one or not but I know he has said it's a lie. I also know how FSG works, and they would not let him say a word about it. That's my point. Not that he HASN'T, because he could have. But we won't know through the f**king media.

Yeah agree, we won't find out through anything to do with the media.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #121: Apr 13, 2011 11:16:25 pm
      Some gullible buggers knocking about on this board isn't there.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #122: Apr 14, 2011 05:27:42 am
      I would be shocked if VB or KK didn't get the job. To me it comes down to these 2 and I wouldn't want any other managers tbh. Guardiola and Mourinho are used to have transfer budgets where the sky is the limit, which is why I wouldn't want them here as players would be coming and going constantly.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #123: Apr 14, 2011 05:48:27 pm
      I would be shocked if VB or KK didn't get the job. To me it comes down to these 2 and I wouldn't want any other managers tbh. Guardiola and Mourinho are used to have transfer budgets where the sky is the limit, which is why I wouldn't want them here as players would be coming and going constantly.

I hope Kenny is offered the job. If not, and Kenny's agreed to the plan and is happy, then Villas Boas is the ideal replacement : smart, successful, potentially the best in the world someday, and has a respectful class attitude. Guardiola would be good also, but that's not happening. I don't want Mourinho -- yes, he's very successful but he has no class. We do not want a jerk like that representing us to the world. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #124: Apr 14, 2011 06:45:24 pm
      I hope Kenny is offered the job. If not, and Kenny's agreed to the plan and is happy, then Villas Boas is the ideal replacement : smart, successful, potentially the best in the world someday, and has a respectful class attitude. Guardiola would be good also, but that's not happening. I don't want Mourinho -- yes, he's very successful but he has no class. We do not want a jerk like that representing us to the world. 
      Great soxfan mate :).
      And I want this news become true, it's only positive. How on earth we have the best manager in the world in-charge and another best young manager is going to join us, happy time and really prospect future for me  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #125: Apr 14, 2011 07:46:08 pm
      VB's Porto being discussed on ITV4 now. PSV v Benfica the match live.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 07:56:29 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #126: Apr 14, 2011 11:26:37 pm
      VB's Porto being discussed on ITV4 now. PSV v Benfica the match live.

What was said?
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #127: Apr 15, 2011 12:56:25 am
      This year at Porto: undefeated in the league 24-2-0 for 74 points, 19 ahead of 2nd place Benfica. +50 goal differential. They just crushed Spartak Moskow 5-1 in the first leg of the Europa League quarterfinals.

Updating this...Porto just beat Spartak in Moscow 5-2 to win on aggregate 10-3.  :o  They are now in the Europa League semis against Villarreal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #128: Apr 15, 2011 01:03:29 am

The usual. No real serious talk about the Liverpool connections but mentioned the fact that he was going places and how he was writing scout reports for Bobby Robson aged 17 etc etc. Pretty much everything that's been said of him in this thread.

Still - great result by Porto tonight. 10-3 is an almighty score in any tie let alone a quarter final.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #129: Apr 15, 2011 08:10:33 am

Still - great result by Porto tonight. 10-3 is an almighty score in any tie let alone a quarter final.

I think the 8-0 hammering of besiktas at anfield was a superior result under rafa.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #130: Apr 15, 2011 11:06:38 am
      ....and how he was writing scout reports for Bobby Robson aged 17 etc etc.

Bet he's nothing compared to our Dexter!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #131: Apr 15, 2011 11:12:08 am
      If he's talking about what he's done, he's putting the word out there that he is welcome to a move. It's like verbally giving his cv.:laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #132: Apr 15, 2011 11:19:54 am
      I think the 8-0 hammering of besiktas at anfield was a superior result under rafa.

Whats your point? This is a thread about Villas Boas.

Quick Reply