Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work

Read 54446 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work
      Reply #529: Sep 04, 2011 01:14:57 pm
      I know rafa has his heart in the right place he has fallen in love with the area. Sure he has made mistakes. But think he deserves another chance with the reds,somtime in the future. After all he won us the champions league,in the greatest comeback of all time.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #530: Sep 04, 2011 03:29:10 pm
      Dave Usher who runs TLW is sound as a pound in my view. Not too keen on his forum (too many internet gangsters) but always liked Dave....top bloke in my opinion.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #531: Sep 05, 2011 06:00:41 pm
      Got two tickets for the Gala dinner F**k OFF!!!!!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #532: Sep 06, 2011 08:52:34 am

Former Liverpool FC manager Rafael Benitez to launch his own website

by Neil Jones
      Sep 6 2011

FORMER Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez will this week launch his official website in order to help promote the charity Foundation run by his wife.

The website, www.rafabenitez.com, will be opened tomorrow and is designed to raise awareness of the Montse Benitez Foundation, which itself launches at the end of the month.

Benitez, who spent six years as manager at Anfield before his departure in June 2010, recently announced plans to hold a Gala Dinner at Liverpool’s BT Convention centre next month, with a fans’ Q&A session at the Empire Theatre to follow.

The content of Benitez’s website will provide a vehicle for communication with fans by giving details of his biography, career and records achieved at all of the clubs he has managed, as well as giving up to date information on his interviews and thoughts on football.

Via his blog he will be writing in-depth technical articles with his thoughts on current trends or matters of interest in football.

Ultimately, the website will keep the public informed of events and activities of Montse Benitez’s Foundation, in order to raise awareness and money for local and national charities.

The website will be launched on Wednesday in Paris in conjunction with Eurosport, who will also announce Rafa’s new role as an expert commentator on world football with their programme Eurogoals.

Benitez will be participating in a TV programme debating football issues alongside Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is also contributing to Eurosport’s football analysis.

Benitez said: “I have always been keen to communicate with fans, especially local fans as my family have become part of the community.”

After the website launch, he will helping Montse officially launch the Foundation on September 29, before hosting a Gala Dinner at the Convention Centre on October 15.

At the dinner, there will be a chance for attendees to hear Rafa talk in detail about his career and thoughts on football. There will also be raffles for autographed items from the world’s most successful players in football, tennis and golf.

The following day, October 16, Rafa will be holding an Audience with fans in a question and answer session at the Empire.

All proceeds from both events will go straight to the Foundation.

Benitez added: “The launch of Montse’s Foundation is the prime reason for all these events, and it is hoped that the proceeds will enable the Foundation to get off to a fine start.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/09/06/former-liverpool-fc-manager-rafael-benitez-to-launch-his-own-website-100252-29369312/
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #533: Sep 06, 2011 10:47:26 am
      Rafa needs to get himself back into management as soon as as possible now I understand he's pining for his ex bird and we've all been there and it hurts, but the only way to get over your ex bird is to move on to the next one, think the relstionship with Inter came too quickly for him as he was still very much in love with his ex bird and couldn't focus on his current relationship, but if he jumps back on the train and starts to make a success of himself again, his ex bird may keep an eye on him and start to consider a reconciliation at the end of our current relationship.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #534: Sep 06, 2011 02:28:36 pm
      Rafa needs to get himself back into management as soon as as possible now I understand he's pining for his ex bird and we've all been there and it hurts, but the only way to get over your ex bird is to move on to the next one, think the relstionship with Inter came too quickly for him as he was still very much in love with his ex bird and couldn't focus on his current relationship, but if he jumps back on the train and starts to make a success of himself again, his ex bird may keep an eye on him and start to consider a reconciliation at the end of our current relationship.

I agree mate.

Would love that train to take him to none other then Madrid once Jose fails again in spectacular fashion  and I would hope he conquers all before him to rub sh*t in everyone's face.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #535: Sep 06, 2011 03:19:14 pm
      http://rafabenitez.com/

Back on topic.

Top lad rafa & the wifey.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #536: Sep 06, 2011 10:14:27 pm
      Dave Usher who runs TLW is sound as a pound in my view. Not too keen on his forum (too many internet gangsters) but always liked Dave....top bloke in my opinion.

The Liverpool way is a terrible website and the main reason it's terrible is because it's owned by One Dave usher . The Dave usher who's only ambition in life was to get rid of Rafa Benitez because Rafa benitez marginalized ushers and the liverpool ways great friend Chris f***in bascombe . Remember Rafa's quote "  Everbody know's there's  two papers on Merseyside that can't be trusted" and bascombe worked for one of them . Usher and his cronies spread vicious unfounded rumours about Rafa and lead a campaign that was ultimately successful . A campaign which ended with us with an owl faced c**t of a manager going nowhere with a CEO doing all the signing trying to play champ manager with this club . That is what you have to thank Dave friggin usher and the Liverpool way for ,they are no better than kraptalk for fucks sake .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #537: Sep 06, 2011 10:24:23 pm
      The Liverpool way is a terrible website and the main reason it's terrible is because it's owned by One Dave usher . The Dave usher who's only ambition in life was to get rid of Rafa Benitez because Rafa benitez marginalized ushers and the liverpool ways great friend Chris f***in bascombe . Remember Rafa's quote "  Everbody know's there's  two papers on Merseyside that can't be trusted" and bascombe worked for one of them . Usher and his cronies spread vicious unfounded rumours about Rafa and lead a campaign that was ultimately successful . A campaign which ended with us with an owl faced c**t of a manager going nowhere with a CEO doing all the signing trying to play champ manager with this club . That is what you have to thank Dave friggin usher and the Liverpool way for ,they are no better than kraptalk for fucks sake .

Wrong thread to have this argument mate, but I will happily point out the errors of your argument in the right thread.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #538: Sep 06, 2011 10:27:58 pm
      Wrong thread to have this argument mate, but I will happily point out the errors of your argument in the right thread.

Saint i'll leave it at that mate , because i know for a fact i'm right abaout usher and the liverpool way . Go on the rattle mate there's plenty of lads on there who have proof .
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #539: Sep 07, 2011 01:28:51 am
      www.rafabenitez.com will go live tomorrow, possibly some info on their charity work there
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #540: Sep 07, 2011 10:26:09 am
      Thread cleansed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #541: Sep 07, 2011 11:44:32 am
      Anyone been on his site yet?

Just been reading his comments on the Champions League and realised I was listening to him rather than reading, if that makes sense.

Anyway, it's worth checking out, though there's not much content yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #542: Sep 07, 2011 12:39:37 pm
      Interesting bit on his comparison between Spanish and English football.
      One for the stat nerds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #543: Sep 26, 2011 04:49:18 pm
      Benitez links up with mascherano and villa once more.

http://rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarContenidos&idioma=in&co=1053
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #544: Sep 27, 2011 02:28:37 pm

You read Xavi Valero's piece on there:

Champions League at Anfield

We all have played on many football pitches in our lives. Neighbourhood football pitches, muddy pitches, pitches we only dreamt about, pitches which took us a step forward, pitches to forget and pitches of hope and many more….Stadiums full of history and stories, filled with failures and legends, which have moulded our careers and have propelled us forward, sometimes without direction. Football offers no truce. It devours and forgets only to reinvent itself and start again.

Amidst this whirlpool, amongst so many people, reaching Anfield is to reach one of the possible ends of the road. I say this because I feel fortunate to have been one of the chosen ones. One of those who have stepped on the pitch at Anfield, one who has lived Anfield, one who has experienced in person that football has a dimension greater than the banality that current times offer us. One that has been able to see that Albert Camus was right in saying that stadiums are a melting pot of culture and that in them, like in no other place, we can learn about human nature. Just looking round Anfield you can appreciate the dignity of its people, you can understand the past of a city hit by a history of hardship and realise that football can fill a wounded city with pride and hope.

Amongst so many memories, the Champions League. In no other European stadium have I seen fans believe so much in their team as at Anfield. Real Madrid, Inter Milan, the impossible game against Arsenal….and so many more to remember how ‘the reds’ were capable of putting together, on the streets of Anfield Road, the old essential values of football with the order, rigor, efficiency and the beauty of the game. Giving meaning to the initial roar at the first whistle at Anfield, to the songs full of belief and memories sung by The Kop or showing the possible paths of victory in the winter fog of San Siro, perhaps this is the secret and meaning of all tactics.

During three seasons at the club, my memories of Champions League nights go back to the certainty I saw in the faces of the players in the pre match talks in the hotels in Milan and Madrid, a few hours before playing decisive games which would end up contributing to the Club’s great history. My memories also turn to Reina, with silences full of respect before facing Anfield, realising that the appointment was with the history of a club, a city and its people who have turned the path to Anfield Road into a path of hope and belief.

http://rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=24&idioma=in
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #545: Sep 27, 2011 02:34:35 pm
      You read Xavi Valero's piece on there:

Champions League at Anfield

We all have played on many football pitches in our lives. Neighbourhood football pitches, muddy pitches, pitches we only dreamt about, pitches which took us a step forward, pitches to forget and pitches of hope and many more….Stadiums full of history and stories, filled with failures and legends, which have moulded our careers and have propelled us forward, sometimes without direction. Football offers no truce. It devours and forgets only to reinvent itself and start again.

Amidst this whirlpool, amongst so many people, reaching Anfield is to reach one of the possible ends of the road. I say this because I feel fortunate to have been one of the chosen ones. One of those who have stepped on the pitch at Anfield, one who has lived Anfield, one who has experienced in person that football has a dimension greater than the banality that current times offer us. One that has been able to see that Albert Camus was right in saying that stadiums are a melting pot of culture and that in them, like in no other place, we can learn about human nature. Just looking round Anfield you can appreciate the dignity of its people, you can understand the past of a city hit by a history of hardship and realise that football can fill a wounded city with pride and hope.

Amongst so many memories, the Champions League. In no other European stadium have I seen fans believe so much in their team as at Anfield. Real Madrid, Inter Milan, the impossible game against Arsenal….and so many more to remember how ‘the reds’ were capable of putting together, on the streets of Anfield Road, the old essential values of football with the order, rigor, efficiency and the beauty of the game. Giving meaning to the initial roar at the first whistle at Anfield, to the songs full of belief and memories sung by The Kop or showing the possible paths of victory in the winter fog of San Siro, perhaps this is the secret and meaning of all tactics.

During three seasons at the club, my memories of Champions League nights go back to the certainty I saw in the faces of the players in the pre match talks in the hotels in Milan and Madrid, a few hours before playing decisive games which would end up contributing to the Club’s great history. My memories also turn to Reina, with silences full of respect before facing Anfield, realising that the appointment was with the history of a club, a city and its people who have turned the path to Anfield Road into a path of hope and belief.

http://rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=24&idioma=in

Beautiful piece that by Valero
      MsGerrard
      Reply #546: Sep 27, 2011 04:51:46 pm

Indeed it is, brought me to tears, the memories.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #547: Sep 27, 2011 06:06:58 pm
      Not one word of valero is wrong,it is a shame some really dont appreciate anfield in difficlut times that we ahve faced.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #548: Sep 27, 2011 06:18:30 pm
      Excellent article they had us the most feared team in Europe
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #549: Sep 28, 2011 03:22:46 am
      Excellent article they had us the most feared team in Europe

"We've seen things they'll never see"

LFC 2005-2009

That's all that matters boys and girls, your memories and whether or not you had a good ride along the way. Athens debacle aside, it was a pretty good time to watch the Reds.

Yes we should have won in Athens but I wouldn't have swopped a routine win there for the emotional roller coaster that was Istanbul. Never let anyone kid you otherwise, if you only went to one of those knock-out European Cup games at Anfield under Benitez you've seen more atmosphere in a ground than any other club in this land can even pretend to match.

Ranked number 1 in Europe for two years.

"Siempre es Posible!" as the banner says.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #550: Sep 28, 2011 11:39:51 am
       Isn't this the "charity work" thread? They have done some excellent work and long may it continue.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #551: Sep 28, 2011 11:49:03 am
      Isn't this the "charity work" thread? They have done some excellent work and long may it continue.
      Indeed it is mate and Lord and Lady Benitez of Anfield has a fine ring to it.

Quick Reply