Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season

Read 31298 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season
      Reply #23: May 13, 2011 03:54:23 pm
      I know what Kenny would say.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #24: May 13, 2011 04:07:20 pm
      Kenny would expect continued improvement...

I'm expecting a Treble of Premiership, FA Cup and Europa League
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: May 13, 2011 04:23:31 pm
      On the form we are showing now, I realistically expect a decent run at the top. It all depends on player movements in the summer and if our buying is good, but there is no reason we can make a run at it.

Other than that, winning Europa would be nice being it'll be our third go at it (providing we get in, of course).

FA Cup would be lovely as well.

In other words, I want a treble! :D
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: May 13, 2011 04:25:20 pm
      Finish in the top four and win FA-cup.

This is what I want. Might as well add the E/L trophy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27: May 13, 2011 04:49:44 pm
      If everything goes well (we get the signings we need and key players stay fit) then I'd expect us to win the league.

And I expect a decent crack in Europe and domestic cups too.
      JQ
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #28: May 13, 2011 04:58:30 pm
      we'll know what to expect after 2 months of the season.if we hit the ground running maybe 7 or 8 wins out of 8, I'l expect us to be close to the top at the end of the season.

A good start is key.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: May 13, 2011 05:04:21 pm
      We're only worried about the next game :D
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #30: May 13, 2011 05:09:19 pm
      One step at a time lads/lasses....expectations have risen with a good end to the season(providing both spurs and villa are put to the sword) the team is playing with confidence and everything is looking just dandy(that sounds cynical) but with no pressure of winning anything except pride,We're playing without fear and it shows...

There have been blips,not everything has gone so smoothly since Kenny returned it has to be said..away defeats at Blackpool,West Ham and West Brom and home draws against Everton and Wigan have proved it hasn't all been plain sailing though you wouldn't think that if you kept your eye on the fan forums...

It's going to take time,Man Utd have only draw one of their home games and won the rest that won't change much next season but their dreadful away record will improve,so next season it'll be even harder for anyone to challenge them,i'm not saying we will but that's the level we have to be looking at..

Lets just calm expectations shall we,silly predictions and bravado look silly in October when it becomes clear that we're out of the race,so we have nothing to lose in just saying nothing and letting the team do the talking,if the team that starts the season is the same as what finishes i expect to finish exactly were we are now battling for 5th place with Tottenham,i'll only adjust my expectation when i know what changes have been brought and we all expect there will be which means we all know that this current playing squad isn't clearly good enough...

My own expectations are that the team battle to win every game they play in ...but that's the very least any fan should expect,i'm not blinkered enough to know and understand that this is going to take time and they'll be big disappointments along the way,the pressure will be on but it'll be enjoyable and exciting to see what happens and i for one cannot wait till next season....
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #31: May 13, 2011 05:13:11 pm
      Anyone saying 'top 4' needs to realize what club you are supporting.

We expect trophies. Not 4th place finishes.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: May 13, 2011 05:14:14 pm
      Always a breath of fresh air, Horizon.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #33: May 13, 2011 05:18:05 pm
      As long as we win every game i'l be happy !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: May 13, 2011 05:21:15 pm
      Anyone saying 'top 4' needs to realize what club you are supporting.

We expect trophies. Not 4th place finishes.

This. If second is nowhere, then where the F**k is 4th? Beside the CL conatations, 4th is sh*te.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: May 13, 2011 06:12:28 pm
      Anyone else? realistic hopes, not "We're going to win it all"

To be honest kb I genuinely believe (and therefore expect) we can win 'the lot' mate. I won't be overly disappointed if we don't win every cup but I honestly think the league is well within our capabilities.  8)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: May 13, 2011 06:18:42 pm
      Back in the top 4 would be fab but a cup win in the league cup or FA Cup would be ideal as well.

But with a couple of good signings and the commitment and confidence shown by the players the past couple of months then the sky's the limit.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #37: May 13, 2011 06:48:02 pm
      David Fairclough on LFC now on LFC TV just said we have to set our sights higher than just fourth. Mark Wright agreed by saying at a club like Liverpool, you have to go into every season expecting to win the League.

Fairclough also said Kenny won't see fourth as an achievement.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #38: May 13, 2011 06:54:01 pm
      Always a breath of fresh air, Horizon.
      :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: May 13, 2011 07:07:51 pm
      I think if we continue improving and playing the way we have been and that along with a few key signings i see no reason as to why we cannot mount another serious title challenge. We are in a position a million times better entering next season than what we were for this campaign.

Last year we were going into the new season with;

- Owners intent on ruining Liverpool Football Club
      - A manager who was never in a million years going to be good enough to take over the team. Playing to not lose....Nah, we play to win!!
      - A striker who we relied so heavily on who didn't even give a sh*t and wanted to leave
      - Doubts over key players such as Gerrard and Reina, as to whether or not they would be staying at the club
      - Having a lot of attention on the owners and what was going on behind the scenes, we weren't able to happily concentrate on what was happening on the pitch.

This Season;

- We have the new owners and if January is anything to go by, they are more than happy to spend big on players. They could have easily on given a small percentage of the Torres fee to Kenny, but no they re-invested that money back into the squad.
      - We have a manager we all love and who is more than the right man for the job, he is the best thing that has ever happened to our club and has given the players and fans their confidence back and gotten the team playing with a smile on their faces and fire in their hearts.
      - No sulking front man who we are relying on. I would say we are relying on Suarez given the way he has made us so quickly forget Fernando, err Fernando, hmm what was his last name again? But i don't htink we are solely relying on him, we are getting goals from all over the pitch and even have Maxi playing like his younger days.
      - There is no doubt over any key players futures, they all want to stay and are totally committed to the club.
      - We are able to focus on the pitch with confidence now that everything behind the scenes is being taken care of in the right way and that the club is safe in the owners' hands.
      - We have Steve Clarke at the club, he is working wonders with the players along with Kenny and he has brought with him the experience of being a Premiership winning team.

I'm not being optimistic when i think we could mount a serious title challenge because i truly believe that with things getting back to the Liverpool Way and we are once again becoming a team everyone will fear playing.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #40: May 13, 2011 07:54:48 pm
      Simple - 1st.

Suarez will without a doubt be the top scorer in the league next year, with Carroll not too far behind.

This season was poor by Premier League standards.

The way Kenny can grind out results is what we've been missing. We've already proven we can beat the big guns. I just hope we go by the mentality Kenny has inspired, I don't care about your name, put in a performance and you keep your place.

I think we need 1 more striker (backup - young), 2 wingers, LB and CB and we will be very strong with enough depth to allow the youth team to make some cameos too.

We need to get our record back, The King at the helm, nothing should stop us.
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #41: May 13, 2011 08:39:05 pm
      I think that as long a a few strong signings happen in the summer then there is no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 4. Realistically I would shoot for 3rd. Man U and Chelsea will be hard to catch while Arsenal is falling fast (plus Wenger is not known for splashing the cash). Spurs could lose some players after not getting to the CL this year and Man City could be inconsistent again.

As far as trophies: I think an FA Cup win would be fantastic. Don't care too much about Carling. It also be nice to win the Europa League, even if it is a second place tourney  ;).

Whatever happens -things are looking up! Lets go REDS! YNWA!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: May 13, 2011 09:05:38 pm
      Win the Premiership and Europa, both of which would see us in CL football 2012/13
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #43: May 13, 2011 09:46:45 pm
      Campiones Campiones La La La La La La.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #44: May 13, 2011 11:03:58 pm
      can't wait until we're in the champions league again
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #45: May 13, 2011 11:22:28 pm
      I expect to win the premiership next season ! i would just love it to see the smirk wiped off the face of Slur Alex !we have the capabilities and we have the structure in place ...lets F***ing do it !!

Quick Reply