Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Why We'll Beat Spurs For 5th - Touch Wood

Read 16443 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Why We'll Beat Spurs For 5th - Touch Wood
      Reply #161: May 17, 2011 04:43:50 pm
      We are not out of the EL yet!  Villa are guaranteed safety, and as such they really don't have much else to play for aside from personal/team pride and personal stat padding.  I'm hopeful that we can put last weekends poor performance behind us and go to Villa and pick up 3 points.

On the other hand, Spuds face a very different situation against Brum!  They know that a loss will almost certainly condemn them to relegation.  They need to pick up at least a point to have a shot at playing in the top division next year, and 3 points would almost assure them of retaining their place in the top flight for another year.  A team fighting for its life is never an easy team to play against, and Brum have a tendency of making themselves hard to beat.  Hopefully they can do what we need them to and pull a point off of Spuds!  Don't lose faith lads!  YNWA
      I get and understand what you are saying but Villa seem to be playing with a certain amount of freedom at the moment, could be a difficult game for us, they have nothing to lose.

With Birmingham it is possible the pressure could get to them and they could play crap, it might end up being an easy game for Spurs
       It is a very strange time of year but we still have a reasonable chance of finishing 5th.

We should all hope for the best 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,025 posts | 3352 
      Reply #162: May 17, 2011 04:44:22 pm
      With regards to how long I have supported compared to you :

This is of no interest to me, I was just saying how long I have supported the club, it’s makes no difference to me how long you have. Indeed it doesn’t make either more or less of a supporter. You think I’m a glory hunter – by what definition? If you mean I chase glory with a glorious club then you are right, I care most about the EPL – I want that glory. I would of course still support no matter what league we are in & if say we got relegated then I’d be chasing the glory of promotion. THAT DOESNT MEAN I DONT WANT BETTER – what’s so hard to fathom? You suggest I’m a tit for wanting the club to win the best things... brilliant that.......

Don’t apologise then, didn’t think you would.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deserving of a place at the top table – you say we are not then say we are the world’s biggest club:

Which is it then Einstein, you can’t have both. & I am not talking about the team! Again what’s so hard to fathom? You say it’s about names? Well I guess it is, but the clubs you mention are not even worth mentioning in the same breath as us – totally different. The club’s history, fan base & soul deserve it, demand it. Ok, we don’t have a god given right, but when we arnt at it then questions are actually allowed to be asked. Don’t tell me, you just follow blind in your own little bubble?

I only care when it comes to semi finals & finals? Where do you get this from? Why make things up. I’m done with the glory hunter stuff you bleat on about, say what you like about it. You are making yourself look silly by lying & twisting things to suit your own needs for reasons only known to you. And I haven’t said I would rather we lose anything, but I am not that fussed if the reserves or youth team loses in the same way I am about the first 11 as that’s what we will be supporting in the Europa (don’t tell me – that makes me a glory hunter as well... You also get like this about Liverpool under 11 ladies?)

Are you saying Liverpool football Club hasn’t got the right to be in Europe’s to competition. Shame on you, what would Paisley, Shankly & Co think about that after all the hard work the put in to give us that right. You blart on about great men of the past & then dismiss what they have done be basically saying it means nothing today apart from press clippings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The king of supporters :

Are you saying I’m not loyal, passionate & knowledgable with of course a hint of bias thrown in sometimes? Maybe not as much as you (certainly not as blind about facts btw) but for you to suggest that makes me a glory hunting “tit” that isn’t a supporter says more about you than me. Your certainly more Elvis than Kenny btw!
      Good on your “arl fella” btw – I am happy for you & him, I covered the years thing earlier.

“Who do I think I am? From now on I'll think I'm the king. Sure a few others will as well.”

If you actually think this, then I feel sorry for you, it does explain alot though

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History of this club :

Don’t need it from you, I’ve seen more history than you. Go read a book about it & then go back on the internet, after that you can come back & copy & paste!.....;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple truth (as you put it)

Fully agree with first part, then again you lie. When have I “slagged it off” I have all along said I want better than that & that I don’t want us to go all out for it at the expense of the EPL. This is because of the way I see LFC now, not the competition (threw the years) per say. I also doubt we will field a really strong team anyway – so what are you going to say to Kenny after that? Hypocrite you will be, no doubt. You will have some reason to back track. I haven’t had to defend myself, just repeat what I have said & I have not moaned about it thank you. I have expressed a view, one you don’t agree with (fair enough) all you have then done is moaned & groaned like a know it all old granny suggesting I’m this & that.

Think we are done about this really aren’t we. Tbh I can’t believe you will read all of this, if you do you won’t digest, think & reply. You will just take & twist if it suits & make other stuff up.

Shame as I know we both just want to win the EPL – can we agree on that & move on?

“Instead focus on winning the League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup next year”

Priceless – are they in order? Are you putting cups in an order! ;D. It’s the EPL for me, that’s the focus. Anything else is for the glory hunters!!!

Thank you for once again proving to be a tit.

I call you a glory hunter on the definition of you rubbishing the Europa League and saying how we shouldn't be in and only seem interested in the European Cup. That's why I call you a glory hunter. What you don't understand is all Liverpool fans would rather see us in the European Cup, but we're not so other fans accept we're in the Europa League and would rather focus on that than bemoan the fact we're not in the European Cup. Understand yet? Or do I need to write in one syllable words for you?

And again proving to be a tit. We're the biggest club in the world, that doesn't mean we deserve to be at the top of the table. You earn the right to be at the top the table, you don't get handed to you by just being a big club. Maybe you have no understanding of simple footballing facts.

And again you prove to be a tit, this time by your inability to read. Where did I say it was about a club's name? I said if, which you seem to believe it is because you think we should be at the top of the table because of our name. It doesn't work like that. Or are you that clueless?

And again you have an inability to read. Did I say you only care about the earlier rounds? No I said IF. Learn to F***ing read before going off on your wild accusations you soft c**t.

Yes I am saying Liverpool hasn't got the right to be in Europe's top competition. You earn that right. Like Shankly did, like Paisley did and hopefully what Kenny will do in the future. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Bennett, Evans, Moran would never let us believe we had the right to play in the European Cup. They would force the players to earn the right. As I said earlier, never did we rest on our laurels but instead try and do better the following year. So no, we haven't got the right to be in the European Cup - we have to earn the right.

Well you're certainly not knowledgeable. But we'll leave that there. Passionate and loyal? Judgement reserved on that.

And no I don't believe I'm the king of supporters but you certainly do. And obviously you've missed the sarcasm - no surprise considering you're a tit but again we'll leave that there.

More Elvis than Kenny? Nah not really. I can't sing unlike Elvis. I'm not a yank, unlike Elvis. I'm not dead, unlike Elvis. I am however madly in love with this club - like Kenny, extremely quick witted like Kenny and alive and kicking like Kenny.

Yes I've read books, yes I've read the internet but nowhere have I copied and pasted my beliefs. My knowledge comes from growing up on the Kop. From stories many a person has told me. Some from books, some from the internet - most of which I'd heard anyway. And I'll hazard a guess that I know more about this club than yourself, so I will constantly give you history lessons. For example you saying you'd watched Kevin Keegan yet you didn't start following us in 78 when Keegan left in 77. You know, history lessons like that. And history lessons like Prescot not actually being part of Liverpool but instead Knowsley.

I doubt we'll field a strong team in the Europa League but no it won't be hypercritical of me to still want us to win. Not sure where you've got that from. Won't read your post? Wrong once more. Trophies in any sort of under? Wrong again. You haven't moaned? Wrong again.

Never mind, we're going round in circles of you being made to look like a tit by myself and yourself actually. So it probably is best we move on. I'm sure everybody is getting bored of reading your tedious posts and me ripping them apart. So we'll leave it at this.

I'm king, you're a tit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #163: May 17, 2011 07:57:21 pm
      With regards to how long I have supported compared to you :

This is of no interest to me, I was just saying how long I have supported the club, it’s makes no difference to me how long you have. Indeed it doesn’t make either more or less of a supporter. You think I’m a glory hunter – by what definition? If you mean I chase glory with a glorious club then you are right, I care most about the EPL – I want that glory. I would of course still support no matter what league we are in & if say we got relegated then I’d be chasing the glory of promotion. THAT DOESNT MEAN I DONT WANT BETTER – what’s so hard to fathom? You suggest I’m a tit for wanting the club to win the best things... brilliant that.......

Don’t apologise then, didn’t think you would.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deserving of a place at the top table – you say we are not then say we are the world’s biggest club:

Which is it then Einstein, you can’t have both. & I am not talking about the team! Again what’s so hard to fathom? You say it’s about names? Well I guess it is, but the clubs you mention are not even worth mentioning in the same breath as us – totally different. The club’s history, fan base & soul deserve it, demand it. Ok, we don’t have a god given right, but when we arnt at it then questions are actually allowed to be asked. Don’t tell me, you just follow blind in your own little bubble?

I only care when it comes to semi finals & finals? Where do you get this from? Why make things up. I’m done with the glory hunter stuff you bleat on about, say what you like about it. You are making yourself look silly by lying & twisting things to suit your own needs for reasons only known to you. And I haven’t said I would rather we lose anything, but I am not that fussed if the reserves or youth team loses in the same way I am about the first 11 as that’s what we will be supporting in the Europa (don’t tell me – that makes me a glory hunter as well... You also get like this about Liverpool under 11 ladies?)

Are you saying Liverpool football Club hasn’t got the right to be in Europe’s to competition. Shame on you, what would Paisley, Shankly & Co think about that after all the hard work the put in to give us that right. You blart on about great men of the past & then dismiss what they have done be basically saying it means nothing today apart from press clippings.

The king of supporters :

Are you saying I’m not loyal, passionate & knowledgable with of course a hint of bias thrown in sometimes? Maybe not as much as you (certainly not as blind about facts btw) but for you to suggest that makes me a glory hunting “tit” that isn’t a supporter says more about you than me. Your certainly more Elvis than Kenny btw!
      Good on your “arl fella” btw – I am happy for you & him, I covered the years thing earlier.

“Who do I think I am? From now on I'll think I'm the king. Sure a few others will as well.”

If you actually think this, then I feel sorry for you, it does explain alot though

History of this club :

Don’t need it from you, I’ve seen more history than you. Go read a book about it & then go back on the internet, after that you can come back & copy & paste!.....;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple truth (as you put it)

Fully agree with first part, then again you lie. When have I “slagged it off” I have all along said I want better than that & that I don’t want us to go all out for it at the expense of the EPL. This is because of the way I see LFC now, not the competition (threw the years) per say. I also doubt we will field a really strong team anyway – so what are you going to say to Kenny after that? Hypocrite you will be, no doubt. You will have some reason to back track. I haven’t had to defend myself, just repeat what I have said & I have not moaned about it thank you. I have expressed a view, one you don’t agree with (fair enough) all you have then done is moaned & groaned like a know it all old granny suggesting I’m this & that.

Think we are done about this really aren’t we. Tbh I can’t believe you will read all of this, if you do you won’t digest, think & reply. You will just take & twist if it suits & make other stuff up.

Shame as I know we both just want to win the EPL – can we agree on that & move on?

“Instead focus on winning the League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup next year”

Priceless – are they in order? Are you putting cups in an order! ;D. It’s the EPL for me, that’s the focus. Anything else is for the glory hunters!!!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #164: May 17, 2011 11:08:45 pm
      Well I think ALL trophies are a wecome blessing, but you can't win it, if you aint in it !
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #165: May 18, 2011 01:27:53 am
      No matter how big a competition is a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #166: May 18, 2011 09:05:20 am
      Would shankly call the competition 2nd rate? doubt it very much.

Its amazing how it does not become 2nd rate once in the final.

shankly wouldnt have called it the europa league either & he wouldnt have seen people from outer mongolia playing in it or indeed teams finishing 10th in the EPL cos they didnt foul as much

wtf is this crap about it become something different once you get to the semi or the final? what kind of people do you communicate with out there?
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #167: May 18, 2011 09:10:09 am
      Both trophies are first rate, the prestige for one is more than the other, yes, but both are still first rate trophies.  You can pin point when the 'media' decided the UEFA Cup wasn't though, it's a shame some fans followed their lead. 

ahhh right, its the meida that dumbed it down from the great cup that was the UEFA cup & mixed the cup winners cup & good knows what else into it then. sh*t, i must be a stupid fan! I just read some papers & took at face value what they printed! doh! it never occured to me that its still the same format & that the 2,3 or 4th placed teams from the top european leagues were still fighting for it! damm, it was the media that told me BrusselSpudnink from Asserbiation could be in it now as they didnt foul as much as FC FLudgradden & i believed them! arhhhhhhh
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #168: May 18, 2011 09:12:04 am

;D

I still couldnt get the hang of the multi quote thing, so at least tried (obviously failed) to put the reply in one post.

Shame the 'soft lad' didnt reply - oh perhaps he actually read it this time & he realised hjust how wrong he was :)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #169: May 18, 2011 09:23:52 am
      damm, it was the media that told me BrusselSpudnink from Asserbiation could be in it now as they didnt foul as much as FC FLudgradden & I believed them! arhhhhhhh

Mate that comment did make me laugh..... :D

Quick Reply