Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47003 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #736: May 16, 2011 03:27:48 am
      how the F**k was he in charge of the world cup final.

His linesman were sen-F***ing-sational.  They got him the gig, he's incompetent as you can see.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #737: May 16, 2011 03:41:01 am
      Very nice screenshot. Liverpool did sh*t in this game. So did Tottenham. We fired up at the end, but throughout the game we played poorly. Draw would've been fair. Europa league football would be good for us, but is not needed. The game also highlighted why we should not sign Aaron Lennon.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #738: May 16, 2011 04:42:24 am
      I don't really think the issue was Andy Carroll. He didn't well, that much is true but I think he can fit in just fine with the team and style. The bigger issue was not having Raul Meireles in the lineup. IMO he makes the engine go. Without him we depend on Luis to do a little too much. To me when Meireles plays we almost look like we are in a 4-3-3 whereas today we were in an obvious 4-4-2 with no good wingers.
      archit
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #739: May 16, 2011 04:50:10 am
      Long story short, we bought a goal scoring tree for 35 mill quid. Carroll  clearly changed ,our still effective, pass-and-move philosophy ,as i feared he would before the match, We looked one-dimensional in all the games he started.anyone talking about the city game is a knee-jerker, after the lucky built first goal, city lacked confidence and their game plan was haywire for a brief  phase , leading to the second and 3rd was built based on a counter.Carroll is a  goal threat no doubt,but we need a mobile player up front to break stone-walling defenses. Thought spearo was top class today, especially with his forward balls, was a bit untidy in possession, but  at this rate, even gerrard will have to earn his place.Would have started pacheco instead, all our youngsters started off against bigger teams and did well. 
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #740: May 16, 2011 05:04:46 am
      It wasn't a penalty by any means, but we didn't play well either to win.

Carroll was not present on the pitch, Suarez tried but couldn't do too much..it just didn't click today.

Need Spurs to drop points at home for having any chance of a 5th place finish now. :-\
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #741: May 16, 2011 05:51:03 am
      I can't comment on the game but as soon as  i learned Webb was the ref i know something would be different, why this f***in imbecile of a humanoid is allowed to officiate is beyond me, the man is so far up Fergies arse he has his name tattoed on the soles of his feet, the FA know we hate the kunt so make sure he refs our games, after our run of success it tastes slightly bitter having lost to those yid fuckers, but its a blip and a reminder we wont have it all our own way every match, especially if that pr**k refs, ah well no worries, on to the Villa and the last game, at least that tw*t wont be reffing.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #742: May 16, 2011 06:28:02 am
      Absolutely gutted, was really hoping the lads could pull off a win, would have been perfect for Kenny signing his new contract.

I thought we actually played really well I thought Spurs defended like Trojans and before the pen (utter bullshit) we looked like grabbing and equalizer!! I didn’t think anyone put in a particularly bad performance we played well as a team. One thing I thought we should have done more was get Flanagan up the pitch a bit more for width, we only did that at the end when we were in sh*t.

But it’s still not over, ever hopeful, of 5th place.

P.S. Howard Webb is and absolute c**t!!!!!!!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #743: May 16, 2011 08:22:06 am
      All this "we shouldn't have bought Carroll" sh*te needs to stop.. It's way too kneejerky.. Andy Carroll on the pitch will more than likely change our formation which is worth a debate... But Carroll on the pitch isn't responsible for the rest of the team not playing confident pressing one touch football..
      Totty just took it to us from the off like we did against Fulham (without the goals) by pressing hard when we had the ball and we couldn't get out or muster anything.. For me it was an overdue sh*t game for us and that's it really.. Add that pr**k of a ref and you get Totty stumbling undeservably over the finish line..
       Oh and Lawro on motd takes the piss.. He's again implying we need 9 players.. What a knee jerking cock of a pundit..  
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #744: May 16, 2011 08:44:53 am
      Looking at the screenshot above, which of course confirms that mancs poor decision, I can't see how he could miss that.

FFS, this f**ker's clearly out to get us by all means, and he's inconsistencies is very much consistent when he's in charge of our games.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #745: May 16, 2011 08:46:07 am
      gutted to lose.

if it proves anything, it shows that we still have a long way to go to get back to where we should be.

saying that, if spurs try and cruise vs birmingham, then they might come unstuck.

season's not over yet boys.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #746: May 16, 2011 09:05:24 am
      Blaming Howard Webb for this defeat is to do Tottenham and Liverpool a complete dis-service...

You can't fault quality or class and that's what beat us today not MR Webb who has quite a good game as it happens.....Don't forget now....Maxi dived to get a penalty and it was laughable but Fergies rent boy as the crowd would have it be-known didn't book him.....Oh yes and if we have to rely on dodgy pens to win games....we're doing something wrong.
      When the referee cannot be relied upon to make fair unaffected decisions and is notorius for the fact the players are bound to get frustrated and attempt to draw his attention to anything resembling a pen. You talk about Rodriguez being disciplined when in fact the joke of a referee that Webbs is should be censured for his mishandling of a premier league game.  
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #747: May 16, 2011 09:07:33 am
       Don't lose hope,it is not over yet we still have another game  and we can put Referee Webb out with the garbage where he belongs.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #748: May 16, 2011 09:12:34 am
      Regretted that I never keep the number of wrong calls made by this idiotic webb. I'm sure the results will be alarming and we send it to the FA and demand an explanation. But from the look of it whenever we have an important game we always get this idiot Webb, there is a conspiracy going-on on in the FA against us. That Missy lineswoman would have done a far getter job than this idiotic Webb whom can't even see clearly the foul was outside the box. When he's at Anfiedl the next time we get him a high power pair of glasses and if he still gets his decisons wrong then we remove his eye balls so that he doesn't have to referee anymore of our matches (joking). Best referee in the world. MY FOOT! Self-glorification means nothing. We were bloody weak in midfield, we need some tough cookies in the middle of the field. We made no attempt to run and go pass their defenders but floating those high balls into their box is meaningless when they have 6 footer defenders defending high balls aginst the height of Kuyt and Suarez. Tall defenders are most of the time clumsy if one tries to dribble past them. Some said it's reality check, yes I do agree, we're still short of that 3 or 4 world class players to be challenging for the title. One, I'd take 2 anytime world class midfielders, I'm afraid Jonjo and Spearing may not be the answer at the moment. Our defense didn't play too badly, we defended well enough to get at least a draw.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #749: May 16, 2011 09:29:18 am
      Howard Webb officiated like he was still upset over the backlash that followed the Man U FA Cup blunder.

So many infringements on our striker went unnoticed. A blunder of a penalty from an incompetent referee. Some M.B.E. that. He didn't deserve it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #750: May 16, 2011 09:35:06 am
      Howard Webb officiated like he was still upset over the backlash that followed the Man U FA Cup blunder.

So many infringements on our striker went unnoticed. A blunder of a penalty from an incompetent referee. Some M.B.E. that. He didn't deserve it.

Do you what, your probably not far from the truth, Webb seemed to have that air of arrogance about him yesterday.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #751: May 16, 2011 09:45:11 am
      M.B.E  =  Member of the BIAS Empire (Against LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB). S**t, he was merely 15 yards away and he made a wrong decision, he really needs a pair of glasses, a binoculars would serve him better.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 09:52:11 am by redkop63 »
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #752: May 16, 2011 09:58:21 am
      We didn't play well enough for the win yesterday,but i think we deserved a point thats the way it goes sometimes.However Howard Webb is a joke,i'm not making excuses but i sit in the centenary closer to the Kop and i knew he was going to give the pen.I could tell from were i was that it wasn't a penalty.Bias isn't a strong enough word.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #753: May 16, 2011 10:13:42 am
      Good job as usual Howard Webb! >:( :f_steam:  :mad:  :roll: 

Inside or outside, it was not a foul, it was a shoulder barge.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #754: May 16, 2011 10:58:21 am
      I was at the game yesterday and on reflection, I just feel like it was a nothing game. Can't remember anything in particular where we were very good, and for one reason or another we just didn't click.

All I really remember about the game was it constantly being out of play and being frustrated by Tottenhams time wasting.

Overall I reckon they deserved their win, but not in the manner they got it. Can't say anything about Webb that wasn't already sung yesterday or said since in this forum, disgraceful display once again. Pieneer or however you spell it to me fouled Flanagan with his left foot more than Flanagan fouled him for the penalty, and he somehow got away with two sliding tackles, one of which was from behind. Very unfair to Flanagan, he was probably our best player on the day. As the LFCTV commentator said, once again Howard Webb is the scurge of Liverpool. 5 minutes injury time was never enough either considering the amount of subs, time wasting and streaking that went on. Having said that even if we had had 10 minutes I'm not convinced we would have got there.

Aside from Webb Luka Modric was undeniably the difference between ourselves and Spurs, classy player, very rarely miscontrols and its hard to believe how any Spurs fans would pick Bale over him for player of the year if Modric has played like that all season.

As much as its an obvious thing to say, it was 'just one of those days'.

Draw a line, move on and improve next year.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #755: May 16, 2011 11:27:58 am
      Get a grip and put this in the knee jerk thread. 9 new players???? Guts like you make me laugh!!!!
      Need 9 new players atleast some are just not good enough.
      Missed Gerrard alot.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #756: May 16, 2011 11:31:53 am
      Thought the Crouch chant at the end was a nice touch. Well done to the kop for that, no other club in the world would have done that I don't think, and he clapped our fans more than he did his travelling lot. Thought he played well too unfortunately.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #757: May 16, 2011 11:40:53 am
      Yeah nice touch that, especally after what he said regarding Spurs and our 07 squad which I didn't agree with.

Top fans.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #758: May 16, 2011 04:03:20 pm
      I'm amazed at the crap that people are coming out with concerning Andy Carroll. He had a 3 month lay off from Christmas and when he did start playing looked leggy, which is normal. After about 5 matches Including England he really started to improve, and then he gets injured again and is out for another 3 weeks. My question is how the he'll do people expect him to come into theshaysd after all that and perform like a f***in Trojan???

Give him a break and take a reality pill. The boy can play. He has shown that. Just let him get match fit.

If some players are knocking long balls to him, then those players are at fault and should
      Be critisced.
      Yesterday we just didn't play well and had the Webb factor. All teams play badly sometimes. Even us!

Quick Reply